The McKinley Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Ashley Married on 09/01/2018
    The McKinley catered our wedding at Cornerstone in Apalachin, NY. We were absolutely blown away with their knowledge, professionalism and suggestions for how to have the best wedding ever. They exceeded our expectations beyond belief. Huge shout out to Alisha (and then later on, Sara) for helping us to have a stress-free day and days leading up to the big day. Couldn’t have asked for a better caterer. Guests were impressed with how many staff were present to help with anything and everything. They made everything seamless and incredible. Extremely highly recommended!!!
    Channelle Married on 08/18/2018
    The McKinley catered our wedding in August at Cornerstone at W&W. I cannot thank Alisha, Sara and the amazing McKinley staff enough for all they did for us. From the very first meeting with Alisha we were blown away. I am not even sure where to begin with how much we loved Alisha! She went above and beyond for us and made sure our wedding day would be perfect! We did not have any worries the day of because of her. Sara was also phenomenal! She was so kind and sweet and took care of us and all our guests on our wedding day. She even took care of a few incidents for us and made sure my hubby and I didn’t have to worry about anything. We were so blown away with how many wait staff members were present at our wedding also! Each of them were so nice and friendly and made sure everyone and everything was taken care of. Last but not least the food was incredible! We are still getting compliments from our guests on how delicious it was! If you are getting married, do yourself a favor and book the McKinley ASAP :). Best decision we made!
    Megan Married on 07/28/2018
    We absolutely loved our wedding experience with The McKinley from start to finish. It is a huge space that was able to accommodate our big,fat, Greek wedding with ease. The food was delicious (people still talk about it!) and the service was top notch. Every single request we had was met with a smile and executed beyond expectation. If you're looking for a wedding venue in the Southern Tier there is no doubt in my mind that this is THE best - look no further!
    Meghan Married on 06/23/2018
    I don't even know where to begin. Alisha and Sara are the BEST. They are extremely personable, professional and just wonderful to work with. The McKinley from the start was outstanding. On our first visit to the facility, they made me feel like a BRIDE. No other venue that we met with did that. They went out of their way acknowledge and appreciate that this is such a special time in our lives and they would be honored to be a part of it. When planning our wedding, they made sure to cover every detail. I didn't have a single worry going into my wedding day. The day of our wedding was absolutely perfect. Our guests couldn't say enough about how wonderful the reception was with the food, drinks, service and staff. Many expressed that it was the best wedding food they have had. Sara was present throughout the entire event and always made sure that my husband and I had everything we needed throughout the night. I can't thank The McKinley enough for giving us the wedding of our dreams. I will recommend The McKinley to every couple getting married.
    Krista Married on 12/16/2017
    After searching throughout out Broome County for a perfect wedding venue my fiancé Michael and i visited The McKinley and knew that was it! Firstly, we loved how spacious the venue is and the drop down dance floor! Most importantly we felt that the packages they offered were the most affordable and included a lot of great things that most other venues did not. For example - the linens, they provide all the linens even the chair covers and sashes! These are things you usually have to rent yourself and although these items don’t break the bank they still add up!

Another thing was my fiancé is in active in the military so we are stationed in NC. Alisha was very open and great with working with us from a different state! Alisha and her team were super flexible when planning meetings with us since we could only come up certain times.

Even though i had hired a decorator i had a lot of table top decorations and pictures including items for a memory table- Alisha and her team took over on these decorations and they placed them beautifully throughout the venue! I could tell they actually took the thought and time to place things where they looked best!

Our reception was great! The bridal party arrived early to the venue before cocktail hour so we were able to go upstairs and all hang out and relax before the party started!! We were given lots of the montage food along with continuous drinks! The wait staff were super friendly and continued to check on us! Everyone was so nice and helpful.

If your getting married this should be your place!!!
    Amber Married on 10/21/2017
    Alisha and the staff at the McKinley were amazing. The venue is gorgeous to begin with but they complete transform it into my dream wedding straight from my Pinterest. The staff and the food were amazing. And they truly make the entire process stress free.
    Sandra Married on 10/07/2017
    My daughter chose the McKinley for her 10/17/17 wedding. From the planning stages to the final days before, Alisha and the staff were nothing but a joy to work with. The venue was transformed into a castle fit for a "Cinderella " wedding and the food and service were impeccable. Our guests are still raving about the event; many claiming it was the best meal, best service and most fun they've had at an event in a long time. If you're looking for a venue that offers delicious entrees, a wide variety of menu choices with excellent service and affordable prices....Look no further!!
    BEST DAY EVER thanks to Alisha and the entire McKinley staff.
    Sarah Married on 09/22/2017
    Alisha was so wonderful to work with! She helped us through every step of planning the wedding. She was so organized and thought of everything! Nothing went undone, everything was laid out exactly how we wanted it, she and her staff did an amazing job! Speaking of her staff, every serve we have was so friendly! The Chef worked with us to create a menu me and my guests with allergies could eat from. I can't say enough good things!
    Carly Married on 09/02/2017
    Alisha was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end! We had our wedding off site at a venue that had never hosted a reception before, and because of her, we never worried about how it would turn out. She offered advice from vendors to rentals to timelines and every other detail along the way. We also especially appreciated the creativity of the catering staff at the McKinley. They were able to create a unique menu for a tapas style reception that was very well received by our 250 guests. We really felt like we were in good hands on the day of the event. Alisha had already considered all the details that we wouldn't have even thought of. We could not have pulled it all off without the expertise of Alisha and the rest of the staff.
    Cheryl Married on 07/29/2017
    My husband and I got married at the Mckinley on 8/12/17. I could not have imagined having a more perfect day. From the first meeting with Alisha and seeing the venue, I knew it was the perfect place. Every step of the way Alisha was there to lend a hand no matter what it was for. Always answering every email or call quickly and checking up on me to make sure everything was going smoothly. She was just so wonderful. We decided ti have both the ceremony and reception right there. On our wedding day the staff was so friendly and welcoming to everyone. The food was delicious and the drinks were just as good! I just can't thank Alisha and everyone at The McKinley enough for hosting our perfect wedding day.
    Rick Married on 07/15/2017
    What a beautiful day we had on July 15! The McKinley was the perfect venue for our reception and we actually saw that from our very first meeting with Alisha. There are not many indoor venues large enough to hold the number of guests we invited (340). We only ended up with 250, but there was so much room for everyone. It never seemed overcrowded. Alisha and her staff took care of everything and made everything so easy on us. There was nothing to worry about for Amy and I on the day of our wedding.

Alisha went above and beyond what is required of her for us. She spent the entire reception catering to anyone that needed her. I never saw her stop moving the entire 5 hours. When we asked a week before the wedding if we could have the sky lights covered over the dance floor (which is something that normally isn't requested) she got it done for us.

The food was even better than I expected. People say you never really get time to eat at your own wedding. Well, with food like that, you make time! I know people will have a hard time believing that any wedding day could go off without a hitch, but ours did. And we can thank Alisha and everyone else at The McKinley for that!

I know where I will be having my reception the next time I get married! I'm kidding, I'm kidding! But I'm sure it would be the perfect place for our vow renewal down the road!

A+, 5 stars, top-notch, first class or just simply amazing are all ways to describe the care that The McKinley gave to Amy and I and every single one of our guests on a day that can never be forgotten.
    Shane Married on 07/08/2017
    The McKinley was an absolutely beautiful venue that exceeded our expectations for our wedding day! We still receive numerous compliments of how gorgeous the venue looked and how accommodating the staff was. Alisha was very helpful through the entire process and was easy to communicate especially since we were planning from afar. The food was excellent and also raved about by our guests. I would strongly recommend the McKinley as a wedding venue.
    Jennifer Married on 06/24/2017
    I do not even know where to begin! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and it was because of Alisha and her amazing staff. She made wedding planning easy; she thought of the tiny details I wouldn't have even thought of. Her kind smile and quick responses made everything go smoothly. She was able to recommend a few vendors and they all surpassed my expectations. The food and drinks were both done to perfection! If you are looking for a beautiful space and an AWESOME wedding coordinator, go see Alisha. She will make you feel like one in a million.
    Elizabeth Married on 06/24/2017
    Alisha, Becky and the staff at The McKinley were amazing for the entire process of our June 24th wedding. From the get-go, Alisha was very personable yet professional and helpful with all the planning. We had an off-site wedding and they were able to come to us without any problems. The food wad delicious, everyone raved about the stuffed mushrooms and the beef tenderloin! Everyone was very friendly, helpful and happy! Thanks so much for everything!
    Nicole Married on 04/29/2017
    I couldn't have picked a better venue for my wedding reception! Alisha and the staff were so accommodating before, during, and after the reception. They checked in on us numerous times to see if we needed anything. The guests raved about the delicious food and beautiful atmosphere even months later. If you are considering The McKinley for your wedding reception or special event, I highly recommend it!
    Sarah Married on 10/29/2016
    We had our reception here in October, it surpassed all of our expectations. The staff was amazing to work with. Everything was wonderful on our wedding day and flowed seamlessly. The staff took all the worry and stress out of the big day! The food was delicious, everything was set up as we had envisioned and the staff made sure we were well taken care of at the reception! Definitely would recommend the McKinley!
    Nicole Married on 10/22/2016
    Absolutely wonderful experience. Everything was perfect and we could not have asked for anything better. The McKinley blew our expectations away and gave us the perfect Wedding experience. Could not be more pleased.
    Brian Married on 10/08/2016
    My wife Allie and I got married at The McKinley a little over year ago and our family / friends still rave about how much fun they had and how great the food was! We chose the McKinely because it was a beautiful venue and conveniently between both families. We met with Alisha and from the start she was professional, kind, respectful, and informative. She answered all of our questions and was two steps ahead of us and anticipated follow-up questions. Alisha had all the answers and had plenty of resources readily available when we asked about other vendors or our wedding. We met frequently with Alisha and she was available via phone, email, and text and she routinely calmed our nerves. All of the planning came to light on our wedding day and the venue transformed into EXACTLY what my wife wanted. We were both blown away with how incredible the inside looked and many of our guests commented how beautiful and elegant the venue was and how delicious the food tasted. The McKinely easily fit all 250 of a guests and had plenty of room to spare. Through and through, our experience with Alisha and the McKinely was enjoyable and stress free. Even a year later, Alisha reached out to wish us a happy anniversary. Alisha helped make this a great experience!
    Joshua Married on 10/07/2016
    If you want a traditional cookie cutter wedding just like your friends and parents and their parents had, do not go to the McKinely. However, if you want a wedding that will be talked about for years to come, if you want your guests to have an amazing time, if you want your food to be top notch, and you want a COMPLETELY WORRY FREE EXPERIENCE, then you can stop looking for venues. Two words: Jillian, Alisha. Boom. Your weddings done. Any crazy idea or request that I had, and believe me I had a lot, they accommodated. In this area it's hard to make a wedding stand out when there's only so many venues and so many vendors. The McKinely delivers. Jillian and Alisha put you in touch with vendors that are familiar with the venue, making life that much easier. Lighting, decorating, everything is taken care of. Not to mention the ease of being so close to the highway and the parkway, it makes it so easy for out of town guests! And they partner with local hotels! We used the Hampton Inn on the parkway. Honestly, I implore you, for the sake of your wedding book the McKinley. All cards on the table, we had booked with another venue originally, and after being treated poorly, switched to the McKinley and were so thankful. It was the best thing that ever happened to our wedding day, and no joke, probably saved it. We were at odds about everything wedding related and when we booked with the McKinley, all that went away. If you have ANY questions, feel free to email me, nytchjf@gmail.com, I literally cannot say enough great things about this venue and their staff. Food, Service, Attention to Detail, Courteous, Friendly, all of it, 10/10.
    Kylie Married on 09/10/2016
    I cannot say enough wonderful things about The McKinley and its fabulous staff. Alisha and Jill guided us through every step of planning to make sure we were absolutely comfortable and ready to go with all of the details. They helped us work through logistics and totally put out minds at ease. I was the first in my family to get married so being first time wedding planners, this was HUGE for us!! Not only did they make planning so much easier, the McKinley has some of the best food I have ever eaten. Our guests were blown away with the delicious food and the absolutely beautiful atmosphere The McKinley created for us. We had an unforgettable and perfect day!! Highly Recommend!!
    Dayle Married on 09/10/2016
    Quality: 8 weeks later, guests are still telling us how great the food was. The prime rib was spectacular! But of course the food was wonderful... Ehat you really need to know is how the service was beyond anything we could have hoped for. Alisha personalized every detail for us and ensured the day went perfectly.

Responsiveness: Impeccable. We emailed day and night. I probably planned more with her than I did with my Maid of Honor (who also did a lot!). She kept us updated every step of the way and helped us decide on details we never even thought of.

Professionalism and flexibility: I am combining these 2 because Alisha jumped through hoops and journeyed through red tape just to make our offsite event happen. And she did it all without hesitation or any complaints. She took it in stride and always seemed excited for our day.

Value: When I first signed our contract, I thought the value was already exceptional. But what I didn't know at the time was how much extra quality the team puts into the event when they are there. Alisha, Makenzie, the chefs, and the team all seemed personally invested in making our day just wonderful. I wish I could do it again- Exactly the same!
    Caitlin Married on 07/30/2016
    Starting from the day one consultation meeting and everyday until our wedding day the entire McKinley team made us feel special. They catered to our every need. Alisha was awesome and instrumental in helping us plan our special day. She always has a smile on her face and is available for anything and everything that you need. The day of the wedding, the venue was beautiful, the food was great, and Jillian completely surpassed our expectations of a banquet manager. She was there for whatever we asked and consistently checked in with us to make sure that everything went the way that we wanted it to. We could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding reception. If you are looking for a venue, you will not find a more beautiful place, or better people than the McKinley.
    Erica Married on 07/16/2016
    The McKinley was fantastic for my wedding. They helped me every step of the way and the venue is absolutely stunning. My guests also can't stop raving about the food. The night of the reception they catered to every one of my needs. Great place for a reception and five stars.
    Erica Married on 06/18/2016
    Alisha and her team are amazing! She went above and beyond to make our day exactly what we wanted - even found us a love seat for our sweetheart table the week of the wedding! The food was amazing as well! The staff took care of me and my husband from the moment we arrived at our reception until we walked out the door at the end of the night! First class service!
    Racheal Married on 05/28/2016
    From the minute we walked into the McKinley to see if the first time we knew this was the place. Alisha greeted us with open arms and a smile. We could not have had the wedding we did with out her. She helped with everything from table linens to food, to even being a shoulder to lean on in the few days before the wedding when stress sort of took over. The wedding day was just perfect too! she meet us at the door with our signature drinks and water and Jillian (the banquet manager) was just amazing as well. They packed up food for us to eat later because we had to time to eat that night. The McKinley is just the perfect place. Thank you!