The Johnny Artis Band Reviews

5 | Woodbridge, VA

5 Reviews for The Johnny Artis Band

BEST WEDDING BAND EVER! Our guests of all ages with all musical preferences loved them! No one was sitting and our dance floor was packed! Johnny maintained a fantastic pace for the evening and had a wonderful balance of slower and uptempo songs. Most of all my husband and I had a blast! I could not recommend a vendor more to make your wedding fun!

Sent on 07/15/2013
  • herdgrad88

Elise · Married on 04/19/2013

Johnny Artis and his band were fantastic. We used to watch them play many many years ago and he's still got it! He is very experienced as a wedding band in addition to still playing at Madam's Organ weekly. We received many compliments and people were dancing throughout our reception. He learned our first dance song the week of our wedding! He also brought a six-member band with horns, which was one more than we expected. Johnny is low-tech, speaking to him on the phone or texting is the best way to communicate.

Sent on 04/22/2013

Amy · Married on 06/12/2010

I don't need to say much more other than that these guys were the highlight of our wedding. Once they got started, people did not sit down. They were also incredibly professional in the planning of the event. I can't wait to keep seeing this band when they play in local venues. Wonderful.

Sent on 08/03/2010

Rory · Married on 10/27/2007

I don't think this review needs to be entirely long because the only thing that needs to be said is, hire Johnny if he isn't already booked. Seriously, what are you waiting for? Go do it. Now.

Johnny and his band are head and shoulders above the rest. We went out and saw Johnny and the band a couple times before the wedding at local bars and that helped reinforce the decision to have them. See, they are not a wedding band, they're just a band that can (and luckily does) play weddings. Big difference. Music is taken very seriously in both the groom and bride's families....very, very seriously. So the band was one of the two most important decisions for the reception. Johnny hit a homerun for us, with nothing to worry about.

The music was great. My 80+ year old grandfather commented how much he loved the music (he danced all night!), while all of our 20 something friends said it was the best band they had ever seen at a wedding. That says it all. Everyone loved them, and they jammed through the perfect setlist. We had given them a CD to play during breaks, and we never heard it played because they didn't take a break! Oh, and we gave him a song that we wanted our first dance to be to, and not only did he learn it - he NAILED it. It was perfect. If this site had more than 5 stars, he would keep getting them. Thanks Johnny, see you soon!

Sent on 12/03/2007

Karen · Married on 08/12/2006

The music for my wedding day reception and cocktail hour was wonderful! Simply professional and very talented. Our families think they were the highlight and not my expensive wedding gown - what does that tell you (smiles). I highly recommend all brides to go to JohnnyArtis.com to check out his wedding selections and packages. This band has played at the Washington Redskins football games and play locally at different restaurant/club venues. You will not be disappointed, so please check them out. If you want a nicer touch than having a regular DJ, this is definitely the band to use. Trust me.

Sent on 04/16/2007