2214 Woodford Road, Vienna, VA 22182 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 35
  • Deals 1

About The Odyssey Band of DC

Odyssey

The Odyssey Band of DC is a blend of excellent vocalists, a full horn section and a tight rhythm section that will keep your guests dancing all night long.

We are the choice of many of the area’s most prestigious events, providing a tasteful mix of music delivered by top performing musicians.

We are very easy to work with and stay focused on making the party a success, from coordinating playing time with events to choosing the best songs for your guests.

To book Odyssey for your event contact:

Tim Wynne

norman with crowd wolf trap ball 9 24 2010

• Videos 7

6 Reviews for The Odyssey Band of DC

Priyanka · Married on 09/20/2015

I am so surprised there aren't so many reviews of the Odyssey Band. We booked the Odyssey Band of DC on a complete whim for our wedding. I had set my eyes on a different band, but after hearing OB on their website I thought why not give these guys a try. They sure didn't let us down! I found them on WeddingWire and Tim the band manager contacted me almost immediately. We had a great discussion about the band and specifically about my venue. He really wanted to familiarize himself with the venue as well to make sure the sound and lighting were perfect for our day. Tim is very responsive with our questions and concerns and got back to us promptly. We were able to discuss the entire logistics of the wedding from cocktail hour all the way to the very last song at the reception.

Although it was a very risky decision, I decided to book them without even hearing them live! They did not disappoint! They sounded fantastic from their recordings on their website, and with Tim's professionalism and enthusiasm I thought why not? Tim invited me and my now husband to see them play at a different venue and we were blown away. Needless to say we made a great choice! Our guests were also so very impressed with the band along with our unique reception at the Carlyle Club.

Their sound is so pure, and their vocals and instruments were on point. When I think back to our wedding reception, I think about how awesome our music was. Our guests had a blast as well. I am looking for another excuse to hire them again!

Mairin · Married on 07/22/2006

I love the Odyssey Band! We first heard them at an event a few months before our wedding, and my husband proposed to me two days after we heard them. When we started planning our wedding, we thought of them immediately as the perfect band to play for us! Their music repertoire is full of songs everyone loves and songs that are great for dancing. We made a last-minute special request for the Father of the Bride dance, and they were able to accomodate our request with only a few days left to rehearse. We have been to two events where Odyssey played in the two years since our wedding and they still remember us and greet us warmly. We would highly recommend Odyssey for anyone's wedding!

Marc · Married on 08/31/2003

Made the wedding festive and full of joy!!!!

The Odyssey Band of DC FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season? $ 2,000 - $ 5,000
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package? $ 4,250.00
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, Lighting, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 4 - 6, 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Big Band, Blues, Classic Rock, Country, Dance, Funk, Jazz, Latin, Motown, Oldies, Pop, Punk Rock, R&B / Soul, Rock, Swing, Top 40
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Karaoke Services, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Vocals, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Fog Machine, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System