The DC Transit Band

8785 Grant Ave, Manassas, VA 20110 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 14
  • Deals 1

About The DC Transit Band

The DC Transit Band is a wedding entertainment company in Manassas, Virginia. This 10-piece band features the vocals of Lindsay Diles and Josh Alfred embellished by a four-piece horn section and anchored in a veteran rhythm section. They play a wide variety of popular dance music and will keep your guests on the dance floor all night long. Live music will take your wedding reception to the next level so book The DC Transit Band now for an unforgettable music experience.

Their team of coordinators will work with you to plan the entire reception program. From your grand entrance to the announcement of the bridal party, they will tailor the entire reception to meet your needs. The DC Transit Band is available for the following services:
Music during the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception

• Instrumentals and vocals

75 Reviews for The DC Transit Band

1 User photo

The DC Transit Band 1

lindsay · Married on 10/13/2018

Easiest wedding decision there was

If you are reading reviews - just stop. Go ahead and book DC Transit Band before someone else snatches them up.

I first heard of DC Transit Band from a friend. She heard them at a wedding, and the next morning texted me to tell me that she found my wedding band. As soon as I got engaged,my fiance and I reached out and we couldn't be MORE thrilled with our decision. From the start, Cam and the group have been an absolute DELIGHT to work with. My husband and I went to listen to them one night at a bar and were blown away by their talent. When we finally got to chat with them during set-break, we were blown away by how nice and fun and all-around great they were.

My husband and I procrastinated a little about our song-selection. Cam was so patient and professional and helped guide us through our check-list and gave us some great suggestions and guidance as we chose some special songs. He helped coordinate a string quartet for the ceremony who was incredible and nailed our songs (including a very special request song for my husband as he walked down the aisle).

And at our party, Cam, Lindsey and the band were the best! They learned some songs for us (and on short-notice, much appreciated!!). They kept everyone on the dance floor and bouncing around. There wasn't a down moment, I just wish the party was longer so they could have kept playing. So, so many people throughout the evening kept coming up to us and complimenting the band.

Music is such an important choice at a wedding and can make or break a party. DC Transit Band is the best choice you could make. Their voices were on point, the instruments were on point, their song selection was on point. They made our wedding into a beautiful live affair and we couldn't be happier with our decision. We hope we have another special event soon and get the chance to hire them again! Do yourself a favor and stop looking at anyone else, you WILL NOT find anything better.

Laura · Married on 06/30/2018

The best decision we made about out wedding was to hire DC Transit Band. They went above and beyond our expectations and I could not be more thankful. Everyone I spoke with at and after our wedding complemented the performance. It was a hot day for our wedding and they were still so high energy and fun! The music selection was perfect and we are just so happy about how everything went. They put together an amazing selection of fun music and kept the party going! Hiring DC Transit Band was definitely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. I will be forever grateful that they were a part of our special day!

The DC Transit Band FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season? $ 3,000 - $ 6,000
  • What is the average price for a wedding reception during off-peak season? $ 2,000 - $ 5,000
  • Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package? $ 3,800.00
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sample Performances, Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Classic Rock, Dance, Funk, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Pop, R&B / Soul, Rock
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, MC, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Vocals, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Microphones, Sound/PA System

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• The DC Transit Band 1
    -3%
    3% discount for WeddingWire couples

• Pretty Entertaining
    Pretty Entertaining Wedding Planners

I'm a wedding planner, and I've worked with The DC Transit Band on two weddings now. Both times I've been blown away by their professionalism, flexibility, and commitment to making each wedding the very best it can be. The members of the band are all consummate musicians, and they bring incredible energy to their performances. The DC Transit Band isn't your typical "wedding band." They provide an awesome experience for you and your guests, and they're there to support their couples throughout the process of planning the entertainment portion of their wedding. They're my #1 choice when recommending live music to couples, and I can't wait to work with them again!

• 8785 Grant Ave Manassas, District of Columbia, VA 20110 See on map