The Freshmakers Reviews

9 | San Francisco, CA

9 Reviews for The Freshmakers

Jonny Palmer · Getting married on 07/09/2021

The Freshmakers are always the right call! So fun and so incredible to work with

I've seen The Freshmakers play live 3-4 times, and the shows were so energetic and fun that it inspired two separate couple friends to book them as their wedding band. They have incredible range and awesome medleys that make them a unique and amazing experience that always get people out on the dance floor and singing along, which in my mind makes the perfect wedding band.

They're also great people- whether engaging with them in the crowd after one of their shows or in working to book them for an event. One of the couples had to delay their wedding and were obviously disappointed. On extremely short notice the band offered to make a custom video for the couple and delivered it on time! They performed a song not on their set list that was extremely personal to the couple with an amazingly heartfelt custom message that had the group in tears.

Can't recommend them enough, and really excited to see them again at weddings and other shows in the future!

Sent on 09/22/2020

Jess Carter · Married on 09/12/2020

What a Kick Ass Band!!!!!

If you’re thinking of hiring a band then don’t look any further...seriously. These guys ROCK!!!!! They play such an arrangement of different genres everyone at your party will love them. We’ve seen them multiple times in the past at different venues so when it came time to hire a band for my brothers birthday party there was no question. Eric communicated great with timely responses and no issues. Five starts across the board! These guys are simply bad ass!!!

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Richard

Richard Dorsey · Married on 07/13/2019

Book'em!!!

Where do I begin? And before I do, you should already be booking this band! Go ahead, I'll wait.

While (frustratingly) trying to communicate with various bands, my then fiancee and I came across The Freshmakers on Wedding Wire. Ironically, the band happened to be performing a gig several hours away from us the next evening. After reaching out to the band leader, Eric, to see if our date was even a possibility, my fiancee and I agreed to make the trek to see them and say a quick hello in between sets the following night. The rainy, two and a half hour drive was more than well worth it! From the time we walked in the venue until the time we met with Eric in between sets and beyond, we didn't stop dancing. Not only did we not stop dancing, neither did anyone else, no matter the ethnicity or music tastes.

Speaking with Eric in between sets was like chatting with an old friend. We talked about a little bit of everything, the main topic being how to play to a crowd that included Jewish and African American families, East Coasters, West Coasters, baby boomers, and a ton of people mostly in their 30's and 40's. Not that the band's current set led us to believe it wasn't possible, Eric still broke down how a typical wedding day might work out hour by hour, from arrival and ceremony to cocktail hour through dinner and the reception. It was a good first discussion, and we continued to dance once that band resumed playing (in their colorful punk rock outfits...but don't let that fool you!).

The Freshmakers consists of a five piece band. The same guys we saw at the venue when we first scouted them were the same guys that showed up at our wedding; no stand-ins or surprises. After all, you don't want to be surprised on your wedding day! They play just about every instrument imaginable, and although there are no female vocals, don't be fooled. Seriously, trust me on this one. Aiden, the lead vocalist hits all the notes from Beyonce to Chris Stapleton. All the guys take turns leading their individual specialties. These guys just gel well.

So how about our wedding day? First, our wedding was for 125 people in Sonoma County (Ru's Farm) at a venue that had several indoor / outdoor areas for the band to navigate. They seamlessly pivoted from our ceremony area, to the cocktail / dinner area, and finally inside a rustic barn. We used them as both our MC and band. They also mic'd us up for the ceremony and coordinated with everyone that was designated to give a speech / toast. Absolutely seamless.

Although my fiancee and I were late as all heck (week before!) getting the band the songs we wanted played during our wedding, Eric took everything in stride and advised us along the way. He actually helped calm my fiancee's nerves about this particular item we'd simply been procrastinating on. Thanks Eric! We all visited our venue a month beforehand and the advice remained the same. These guys aren't newbies, but at the same time, they're not grumpy guys who are simply over what they do because they've done it before. I think they had more fun than us!

Okay, so again, the wedding! The Freshmakers absolutely killed it!! My great aunt who walks with two canes was on the dance floor, along with friends and family mostly in their 30's, 40's and 50's. We rocked out to every genre imaginable - Bruno Mars, Whitney Houston, Justin Timberlake, Aerosmith, Kanye, Maroon 5, Bon Jovi...you name it! The only reason we didn't dance to the Hava Nagila (Jewish traditional song) was due to a medical emergency that set things back a bit. Our MC really shined here because while navigating such an emergency, we still had to figure out how to get the party back on track once things were cleared. And, we did! Thanks Aiden!!

Throughout the night, everyone was loving the music! Even a week later, people are still buzzing about our entertainment. And seriously, aside from the band's stellar performance, these guys are simply a pleasure to work with. They are beyond professional. The wedding focus was on my wife and I, but these guys still made their presence known in a give-and-take subtle manner. Compared to other bands we previously (tried) to talk to, these guys were not only reasonably priced, but responsive to all of our inquiries within 24-hours (not even!).

If you're honestly still contemplating calling or working with this band, then you're missing out. That's not a sales pitch...this is real talk! My wife and I would make the exact same booking today if we had to do it all over again, which we don't intend to!

To The Freshmakers, thank you!!! To those of you looking to have a wedding to remember, do yourself a favor and go with these guys. You won't regret it.

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • gabe

gabe · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing band!

Can we give them 10 stars?? Seriously, hands down, best part of the wedding outside of the "I Do's"! Our guests raved about The Freshmakers for days afterwards, and we even had 2 guests who were interested in hiring them for their own weddings! From the beginning Eric was super responsive and professional to work with. He was upfront with all the options and associated costs, and helped us pick and choose to stay within our budget and create an amazing experience. Once he heard that we had a sports-themed wedding party entrance planned, he even had the guys set up smoke machines for it! They also learned several songs for us - nailing piano and guitar acoustic versions of the processional and recessional songs as well as several songs during the reception - even bohemian rhapsody! It was really important to us to keep everything as much on schedule as possible to maximize band/party time, and Aidan did a knock out job as MC letting our guests know what's going on and sticking to our script and schedule. We would LOVE the opportunity to hire The Freshmakers again, but for now, we'll have to wait for our friends' weddings!

Sent on 07/06/2019

Carmen · Married on 12/06/2018

They're the best!

I've worked with a lot of bands in weddings and different events in the past. No other band is like The Freshmakers. They're fun, easy-going, quick to catch on the vibes and they just know what elements to add on the show to make it fun! I recently had the pleasure to work with them on an event and they were the highlights of the night. Every guests loved their energy, the song choice and they made the event so much different! We all had a great night of music and dance. I'd definitely love to have them again for my next event!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Melissa · Married on 08/21/2017

We had the Freshmakers play at our wedding and they were amazing! They were so accommodating to us and even learned a few songs that we wanted them to play. I communicated with Eric up until my wedding day, he was always very responsive, always had a smile and such a pleasure to work with! I gave him a very detailed timeline of our event and the night went so smoothly. The band executed it perfectly! Your wedding day will be extra special if you have them play! They are amazing. No one sat down the entire night- they kept dancing!

Sent on 02/28/2018

Eric and The Freshmakers are an awesome group to work with and fantastic wedding band. From our first meetings to our wedding day, they handled everything professionally and made sure to accommodate everything we wanted. They even worked with some of our family members to surprise us with our favorite NFL team's fight song. Everyone still talks about how we had "the best wedding band ever" and we could not agree more. They kept the party going until the very last song. Highly, highly recommended!!

Sent on 03/01/2018

Matt · Married on 08/02/2014

Working with this group was AWESOME! We ad them play at our wedding and they were a hit! Incredibly easy to communicate with which made planning and organization very accommodating. On top of that, they have a great sound. I've been to a lot of weddings with great bands and DJs, but this group sits above the rest. Everybody was out on the dance floor as they played music spanning several decades and genres. The icing on top, they knew that my wife and I were big time Philadelphia Eagles fans and learned the lyrics to the fight song and played it while we cut the cake! If I could give more than 5 stars, I absolutely would. These guys rock!

Sent on 03/10/2018

Josh · Married on 09/29/2012

We had our wedding 5 plus years ago and Eric and his team were the highlight of the wedding (besides my bride!) They made our wedding feel more like a huge party then a wedding. It was so fun and such a great time having them. Still to this day i see people who were at our wedding and they say "that band was absolutely the best ever at a wedding!"

Sent on 02/28/2018