The Bridal Cottage Reviews

19 | Ottumwa, IA

19 Reviews for The Bridal Cottage

• JamieLynn

Jamie · Married on 06/18/2016

Ashley, the Manager at the Bridal Cottage is amazing at everything she does. After finding out my dream dress had been discontinued by Maggie Sottero, Ashley spent hours on the phone, and ended up working some magic to allow me to order my dress. If I have questions, I contact her directly and she responds immediately. I ordered my gown and my 9 Bridesmaids also ordered through the Bridal Cottage.

I recommend working directly with Ashley, she knows her stuff, and her personality is amazing.

Sent on 02/20/2016
  • W

Willie · Married on 08/03/2013

I was here because of my friend who asked me to at least check this place out. And it is the best decision I made.... They had a good collection of Tuxedos and I got mine, for my wedding, from here.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Erike · Married on 08/03/2013

I had an appointment and wasn't expecting or planning on buying a wedding dress that day. My consultant was very nice and helpful and she brought something in I hadn't seen and/or wouldn't have thought to try on. Turns out it was beautiful! I bought my dress there and then!!

Sent on 07/31/2013

Leona · Married on 07/27/2013

They ladies are amazing! They found me the perfect dress and it wasn't even what I had imagined myself in. They know just the right dress for every one. We also ordered the bridesmaids dresses and a tiara with them.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Kyle · Married on 07/20/2013

We had a wonderful experience here with the staff. They were very helpful and showed us all that we wanted to see. Never pushy at all while we took our time in the selection and choices.

Sent on 07/09/2013

Deresh · Married on 06/29/2013

You did a great job on the flower girls' dresses in such a short time and it was delivered within the committed date.

Sent on 06/21/2013

Patricia · Married on 06/29/2013

Absolutely amazing selection. Service was great and they altered the dress to perfection.

Sent on 06/25/2013

We loved the selection available and purchased our bridal gown, bridesmaid dresses, tuxedos, and all accessories there. Great salespeople who treated us very nice, unlike the other bridal shops in Ottumwa. Would highly recommend this store for all your bridal needs.

Sent on 05/21/2013

Bridal Cottage has an amazing selection of dresses for weddings, bridesmaids, proms, and homecoming. It's definitely one of my favorite bridal shops in Ottumwa. I ended up finding the perfect strapless wedding dress from the Maggie Sottero line. I looked absolutely stunning on my wedding day!

Sent on 05/24/2013

I love bridal cottage! I spontaneously came in without making an appointment. The consultants welcomed me with open arms, and made the wedding dress shopping experience very smooth and easy. I am definitely recommending bridal cottage to my friends, and I will come back in the future for my little sister's wedding!

Sent on 05/22/2013

Everything was amazing, and everyone was very helpful. I found a beautiful dress for my wedding day, and I looked stunning. I would recommend this place to everyone!

Sent on 05/01/2013

NINA · Married on 04/06/2013

This place deserves more than 5 STAR, if possible, I would give it 10 stars.I purchased my dress from here about a month a go, an I'm absolutely in love with my dress!!

Sent on 05/24/2013

Tawny · Married on 09/25/2010

AMAZING! They were able to get me the dress of my dreams when no other bridal store could or would. I could not have been happier and I owe them!

Sent on 10/14/2010
  • jswalke

jessica · Married on 04/12/2014

Worked very hard to find perfect dress and bridesmaids dresses for me

Sent on 04/20/2014

penny · Married on 05/02/2012

3.5

I would recommend brides to be to visit Bridal Cottage. I got almost all the stuff I need from there. The staff were excellent and patiently showed me their whole collection!

Sent on 05/31/2013
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2011

3.5

This where I tried on and purchased my fabulous Maggie Sottero Couture gown. The ladies were very patient while I tried on dress after dress after dress, but I loved how personal the service was versus a large bridal dress chain. They were very knowledgeable about dresses, and made it a painless and enjoyable experience. The shop is in small town, but with superb brands and quality of dresses. (I only gave them a 3 in flexibility because like every bridal shop, all sales are final and once you pay them, there is no flexibility or changing your mind. So the 3 isn't necessarily their fault. just the way bridal dress shopping is.)

Sent on 11/16/2011

Brandi · Married on 11/23/2006

4.2

They were fast and great with the dresses and tux's. I would recommend

Sent on 07/26/2007

Heather · Married on 08/30/2008

2.8
      2.5

I purchased my bridesmaids dresses from this store, and I got exactly what I wanted. Some of the staff we dealt with a few times seemed a little rude. They also altered the 3 bridesmaids dresses and did fine with all but one. One of my bridesmaids dresses looked all lumpy on the hips and they said, "that's just the way the fabric is.. that's just taffeta..." My bridesmaid took it to another seamstress and she fixed it with no problem.. I would not go back here.

Sent on 09/03/2008