Tasty Creations Catering Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Alexa
    Alexa Married on 11/11/2021

The best day of my life

My husband and I’s wedding day turned out perfectly and so much more than we anticipated. I was pretty stressed the days leading up to the big day and for some reason the minute I arrived at the venue and was greeted with a big smile from Josefina and saw my gorgeous centerpieces, the only feeling I felt was excitement. You guys took my tropical vision and CRUSHED IT, everything was so much more than I could’ve imagined. It was absolutely perfect. It was over the top impressive… but THE CAKE - WOW WOW WOWWWW !!!! I can only speak on the flavor I had but that coconut cake was ABSOLUTE PERFECTION from taste to the way it was decorated. Lina is an incredible day of coordinator and she went above and beyond for my guests and I!!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts !
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer L. Married on 08/29/2021

Amazing team! The best

Tasty creations is amazing. They are So professional and helpful! The food was delicious. The guests keep telling me how good the food was at our wedding! And we had some harsh critics but there were no complaints. Thank you Josefina for making my vision come true. And Chef David thank you for going above and beyond to make our day special!!! You guys are the best.

Hi Jennifer,

We are still so excited for the both of you. Chef and I are thankful everyday that we get to work with amazing couples like you two. Thank you so much for the review and we wish you two the very best. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future.

Josefina
  • Lorrelle
    Lorrelle J. Married on 03/20/2021

The best of the best!

We do not have enough words to describe how awesome Josefina and David were, and their whole crew! The planning process could not have been easier. Josefina makes sure that everything is in line and that your vision comes to life. David’s food was out of this world! Our guests have not stopped raving over the guava meatballs or the entrees. Their staff was on top of everything at all times, making sure all of our guests had everything they needed. But more than anything, they truly care. When planning a wedding, you hire vendors and know that you are just their clients. With David and Josefina, this isn’t the case. They make a genuine friendship with you. Without going into details, we had a little planning snafu sneak up two days before the wedding. Right before the ceremony, David came back and talked it out with me and I could not have been more appreciative. It put me at ease and ready to walk down the aisle. Josefina had everything under control, you would never know anything had gone slightly astray (in this was on our end, not theirs). Seriously, thank you Tasty Creations for making our day as awesome as it was. We hope to see you guys soon with my mom on bar staff! ;) And always remember, there’s no crying in baseball!!

Tasty Creations Catering's reply:

All we can say is OMG! We had such a blast that night catering and and planning the wedding. Your mom is so much fun and made us all laugh. Chef and I would like to thank you seriously for the kind review that you have placed on here for us. Also remember that, there's no crying in baseball!!!!
  • Michelle
    Michelle C. Married on 11/14/2020

Hats off to you both!

These two were meant to be caterers!! Chef David by far is one of the best chefs out there. You alway's go into wedding's expecting the food to be mediocre but not with chef David. All my guest loved their meal, including the cake. Josefina did such an amazing job with the decor and flowers. I gave her some ideas and she made them look 100 times better then what I could have thought up. Besides their outstanding abilities, you can tell these two are both hardworking, humble people. Which is something I loved about them. You can tell they truly care to give you the best experience possible. Thank you both so much for everything you have done to make Danny's and I wedding possible. I hope in the future I'll have other events where we can work together again.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 10/31/2020

Amazing duo!

I hired Tasty Creations for my wedding this October and telling you they were phenomenal is an understatement. Prior to hiring, we had a consultation with both David and Josefina where we established what we were looking for and what we had in mind for our big day. On our big day they went above and beyond to make sure everything went amazing. Throughout my planning process Josefina consistently aided with any questions or hiccups I had and she never failed to remind me breathe. Chef David did a beyond incredible job on our big day. We got multiple compliments on the food, appetizers, and cake throughout the day. The food was spectacular, the decorations were on par with what we envisioned, and their professionalism is evident in their work and manner of portrayal. If I could do my wedding over again, they are the first people I would contact. We hope to be able to work with them again. You will not find a more humble, hardworking, and caring duo!
  • Y
    Yanelissa D. Married on 10/24/2020

10/24/2020

Josefina and Chef David were amazing. We got married under challenging circumstances (COVID, rainy day - outside venue) and Josefina and Chef David did the impossible to make sure our day was still as beautiful, memorable and special. The food was great, the cake was great I have no nothing but great things to say. I don’t think our wedding day would have been as special if it weren’t for them. Josefina was awesome at helping bring our vision come to life and provided tips/recommendations I would have not thought of otherwise. Chef David and Josefina both stood outside in the rain holding an umbrella under me and holding my gown up so I wouldn’t get wet. Chef David stood in front of me as a literal barrier when my groom was at risk to seeing me before the ceremony. We truly could not have asked for a better pair to cater our wedding day. We are eternally grateful!!
  • Jamie
    Jamie R. Married on 08/03/2020

First Rate All the Way!

Tasty Creations Catering is Top Shelf! A+++ They Catered our Wedding and Engagement Party. Super Professional, High-End and First Rate. A pleasure to work with. They handled it all, from set up ideas to planning, the event, the food, the waitstaff and staff. Just super pleased with them. If you want the best, you'll find it with them!
    Samantha Married on 05/30/2020

Truly Amazing

Working with Josefina and chef was a pleasure. Josefina made sure that I had a wonderful wedding. She was super attentive, patient and all around just amazing If I had to choose a caterer / planner all over again it would be with them. Chef is the man! The food was amazing! Super flavorful! Loved every bit of it. Tasty creations is one hell of a team! Thank you for an amazing wedding!

The Murphy’s

Hi Samantha,

Thank you so much for the awesome review. I think we all had a great evening and enjoyed the energy of your wedding. We wished the night could have never ended.
    Lettika G. Married on 03/13/2020

Amazing, unforgettable, simply memorable

Thank you to David and Josefina for an amazing wedding. They paid attention great attention to detail, and captured all of my wants. Josefina did an amazing job at coordinating with all the vendors I had contracted with. She provided everything from ideas for the ceremony, to the cocktail hour, to reception. They helped cater and created a beautiful rehearsal dinner for us.

I wish I can do it all over again. The bouquet was breathtaking, and my bridesmaids bouquets were beautiful. They never said “no”, and when you’re a bride, this exactly the team you need. David’s free spirit made everything just work and come together. Chef makes astonishing and mouth watering appetizers and meals for everyone. We certainly had everyone talking about the food. The salmon was delightful, and the sweet potatoes where out of control. Our appetizer were I sanely delicious; from our meatballs, to our strawberry goat cheese bruschetta.

What an incredible night, and it’s all thanks to Tasty Creations. They never made us feel stressed, and there were always there by our side. Josefina and David thank you so much for helping make our day magical.
  • Cristina
    Cristina R. Married on 01/18/2020

Fantastic Experience!

Our perfect wedding day would not have been possible if it weren't for Tasty Creations Catering. From catering and wedding planning to floral arrangements and day of coordination, this company truly takes care of everything from beginning to end!

Josefina made the entire wedding planning process so easy and comforting. Even when they had a sudden emergency, Chef David and Josefina did everything they could to make sure that our wedding rehearsal and wedding day ran smoothly. Through everything, Tasty Creations Catering went above and beyond our expectations and made our wedding dreams come true.

Josefina is incredibly talented and amazing at what she does! Her hard work and dedication reflected on our wedding night. She nailed my floral arrangements and I absolutely LOVED my bridal bouquet. She truly understood my wedding vision and I could not have been happier with the whole thing!

If you're looking for a fun, creative, one stop shop, we highly recommend Tasty Creations Catering!
    Arthurine Married on 01/12/2020

Nothing short of amazing

I can’t tell you how much we appreciate this team. They worked tirelessly to fulfill our needs even when an emergency struck on their end and any other person would have said oh well you guys are stuck I have to go handle a personal matter. Not tasty creations! Even though our hearts were with David and his family , they stood strong as a unit to make sure me and my fiancé ‘s day was amazing. Food, chef David was amazing. the beef brisket is melt in your mouth good. And Josefina took my vision and completely brought it to life .
    BOOK THEM!!! You won’t regret it

Tasty Creations Catering's reply:

I cannot say more about this couple. They are an amazing pair. Josefina and I were very fortunate to be part of this special day. Also having the privilege to to officiate their wedding was amazing. Out team thanks you both for entrusting us with all your wedding needs. We love you both, and thank you again.

• Diana
    Diana Married on 01/10/2020

The Biltmore 10Jan 2020 Starry nights

The dedication to the event was astounding. Our wedding planner Margarita Scism was the best. The bouquet was beautiful & the remembrance photos was memorable. Despite her personal struggle she was there for us the whole event. The schedule was followed without a hitch & we created great memories for a once in a lifetime wedding at The Biltmore. Thank you so much Josefina.
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia Married on 12/29/2019

Amazing to work with!

Josefina and Chef David had everything under control from beginning to end. Eventhough I was 1,000+ miles away in Oklahoma, they kept in contact via email and phone calls and they worked around my schedule when I did come down to Miami. The day of the wedding Josefina and her staff were on top of everything and they did an amazing job making sure my groom and I were taken care of. Chef David's food was great from appetizers to entrees! My guests couldn't stop talking about it. They went out of their way to make me another top layer of my cake (since we don't know what happened to the original one) in time before I was heading back home to Oklahoma. Josefina and David truly care for their client's and their happiness with everything. Their services are greatly appreciated and my wedding was better than I could imagine thanks to them!

Hi Cynthia,

Thank you so much for leaving us this wonderful review. You are correct we take so much pride in what we do. Making your wedding day special and creating those memories is why we do what we do. It was also Chef David's pleasure to bake you another top layer. The good thing is that he made extra so we got some this time. We wish you both the very best, and it was our honor to assist you both with your destination wedding at The Secret Gardens in Miami.

Josefina
    Jessica I. Married on 11/30/2019

Amazing Service!

Tasty Creations made my wedding so beautiful!! Josefina and David worked so well with my family and I on creating my vision! They supplied everything down to the flowers, chairs, centerpieces, cake, rose petals, lanterns, napkins, food, etc.! I do not think you will find better value out there! I definantly recommend for anyone who wants to work with good people and have an amazing wedding! I do not think I could have pulled off my special day without their amazing help and support!!!

HI Jessica and Chris,

Thank you so much for allowing us to be part of your special day. We throughly enjoyed working with you and helping you make your dream wedding come true. We have always enjoyed doing weddings at Robbins Lodge. It was truly our pleasure to assist you and Chris.

Steven J. Married on 11/24/2019

Excellent Service, Value and Professionalism

Josefina and David are truly a joy to work with, from our first phone call to the end of of our wedding they were outstanding. They took care of everything we needed, which allowed us to focused soley on enjoying our wedding. They help make our day truly special and will recommend them to anyone looking for amazing professional service. 5 stars!!

Hi Steven,

Thank you so much for allowing Josefina, myself, and our team to be apart of this wonderful occasion. It was such a beautiful and fun filled evening. We congratulate you both, and look forward to see you again soon.

• Krystal
    Krystal N. Married on 11/09/2019

Incredible!

This husband and wife team makes sure that every aspect of your special day is as perfect and organized as possible so that you don’t have to worry about a thing. When challenges presented themselves (mostly the weather...rain), they were dealt with without us even being aware of them. There was one point when I was concerned about mosquitos biting us at the venue, when all of a sudden repellant appeared. We learned a few weeks before the wedding that I’m pregnant. They did a great job in making sure that this remained a secret for people who we weren’t ready to share the news with. We had non-alcoholic champagne at our sweetheart table and the bartenders all knew to give me my “special drink.” The food was great and everything went very smoothly. Thank you!

Hi Krystal and Alfredo,

Thank you both so much for the 5 star review. It was such a pleasure for us to be part this special day. The little details is what makes a wedding special, and making sure that we kept your pregnancy a secret. This day was about the two of you and the union you both have created. We are so excited for what the future holds for the two of you. Congratulations again from Chef and myself.
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 10/18/2019

Awesome package!

My husband and I had trouble finding a catering package that were comfortable with vegan entrees and apps as well as non-vegan options for the rest of our guests. Josefina and David nailed it. Everything was so beautiful and I could not imagine trying to do it on our own.

Elizabeth,

OMG where do we begin!!!!! It was such a fun evening, and the DJ that you hired was out of this world. We are so happy for the both of you. If you ever need anything again please let us know.

• Catharyn
    Catharyn K. Married on 10/05/2019

Wonderful Experience

David & Josefina made my day one of a kind. I am so happy I chose them & their staff. Absolutely amazing & highly recommended!! ❤️

Catharyn,

You were such a great thrill to work with. We have certainly missed you showing up at the off anytime you wanted. You are always welcome to come by anytime. Thank you both for allowing us to plan and coordinate your wedding. If you need anything in the future please let me know.

Pedro G. Married on 09/28/2019

Everything we could have asked for!

So beyond happy with Tasty Creations work! Josefina was amazing as coordinator and truly helped with everything. The Tasty Creations team goes above and beyond! Thank you for making our day so amazing!

Tasty Creations Catering's reply:

Thank you for the very nice review. It was a great joy and pleasure of ours to assist you making this day extra special for you both. We could not be more happier for the two of you. The Curtis Mansion was so beautiful with the new deck in the back to host your wedding. If you ever need anything again please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

• I
    Isabella B. Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing company

Great catering company!! I love that they also do flowers, dj, decorating. You name it, this company does everything. They are a very nice couple that will do anything to make your wedding perfect!!

Isabella,

We are so happy for you and Jorge. The evening was amazing from the ceremony, to the reception, to the dancing. The Cruz building was a fabulous choice for the style of wedding that you had imagined. Thank you both so much for allowing us to part of this special occasion.

Justin Married on 05/27/2019

Highly recommend

Tasty Creations were our wedding day florist and décor providers and they did not fail. Josefina definitely knows what she is doing, and with David’s input, they are by far very creative individuals. They helped to arrange everything with us with our minimal input provided to them; yet they were able to work with these ideas and made the venue look amazing. Josefina even went a bit daring on the wedding day and added some extras which we had not asked for (checked with the bride on the day of) which made the venue look even better than what we had planned. Thank you both for making our day fantastic!
  • jenn
    Jen Married on 05/11/2019

Wedding dream come true.

I must start off by thanking Josefina (wedding coordinator and florist) and David (head chef) and their entire team for the outstanding job that they did at our wedding on May 11th at the Secret Gardens. It was largely in part to them that we had our dream wedding day come true, and we are forever grateful. From the very beginning of this entire wedding planning process, David and Josefina were very easy to talk to and were always within reach, whether via phone-call, text, or email message. They took their time to meet with us in person, answer all of our questions, and discuss every single detail we could think of... they never pressured us into any decisions and I felt entirely heard and understood throughout the entire process. On the day of the wedding everything went smoothly and according to plan. Josefina was like a ninja behind the scenes coordinating everything.. she did an outstanding job dealing with vendors, decorating the venue, and instructing family/friends on where to go... she even went above and beyond by adding a few beautiful floral decorations to our wedding cake as a final touch, which elevated our 'pretty' cake to a gorgeous cake (she asked for permission of course)!! David was in charge of cooking up the food fresh on site - and WOW, our guests were blown away by how good the food was. Traditional wedding food is not something guests usually rave about but I promise you I still have guests telling me how good the food was up until this day. We chose buffet style dinner and there was plenty of food for everyone - some guests even had seconds. I also greatly appreciate that Chef David was able to accommodate our 'vegan' requests without any issues. The rest of the staff (bartender, servers) were also amazing and very kind and friendly to us and our guests. Overall, we had an unbelievable night and we surely could not have done it without the Tasty Creations Catering Team by our sides. We'll never forget you guys! Soon to be brides and grooms - if you are looking for an all-inclusive catering company that you can trust to do an amazing job on one of the most important days of your life.. Tasty Creations Catering is it. I'd choose them over and over again. Thanks again. Much love always, Jen and Joe.

Hi Jen and Joe,

We hope that you both are getting settled in to the married life. Josefina and I would like to thank you both for the very kind review that you left us. It was an honor to be part of your special day. Our team really enjoyed your wedding as well, and have spoke about it several time since. If you need anything please let us know.

Kelly Married on 03/01/2019

Tasty creations is great!

Tasty Creations was amazing!! Our centerpieces, food and cake were perfect! Our tables and centerpieces were exactly how I wanted! Josefina even sent me pictures while I was getting ready to show me everything set up and to make sure it was perfect 😊 The food was delicious! The cake was beautiful and tasty! Thank you guys!

Hi Kelly,

Josefina and I would like to thank you so much for allowing our company to assist you with your special day. The night was amazing and the atmosphere was perfect. We hope to see you both again soon. Again Congratulations and thank you for having us asset you plan and cater your wedding.

David and Josefina
  • The
    The C. Married on 01/20/2019

5 star experience

As I reflect and approach my one year wedding anniversary, I would be remiss not to write this long overdue wedding review. My mother and I first met Chef David and Josefina on February 2019 at The Secret Gardens Miami. We were in town from NYC and North Carolina for a few days scouting a wedding venue. Exhausted and satisfied with another venue I wanted to call it quits, but alas there was one more. I'm very glad my mother insisted because that night I found everything I wanted and more in a venue and in Tasty Creations Catering.
    The dynamic husband and wife duo presented an impressive tasting and we immediately hit it off. They were warm, attentive, and before leaving Miami our wedding planning journey had begun. Tasty Creations Catering was a one stop shop.

We communicated for months over the phone regarding details, each call was professional and precise. In April 2019 my fiance and I at the time, traveled back for our first official tasting and decor meeting. In the comfort of Chef David and Josefina's home we were able to taste appetizers, entres, and cakes. I also got to go over the decor and day of schedule. It was a seamless process and comforting experience to know that I could get the majority of my services in one spot and be confident in planning from another state.

In August 2019, I had one more additional tasting and decor meet up with Josefina. Chef David took notes from our last tasting and adjusted his recipe to better suit our palette. As an artist and art educator, the decor and ambiance of the day was most important to me. Therefore, I was excited to be able to hand pick items from Josefina's extensive decor selection. All of these interactions made it such a stress free planning process.

Leading up to the big day January 20 2020 things went well. However, with all weddings there's always some bump in the road. In this case it was Josefina's health. She unfortunately became ill the week of the wedding and almost couldn't make it. Naturally I was concerned for her yet I was also nervous about how things would go on my big day. As a result of her own challenges, there was a few miscommunications on the morning of the wedding. The confusion was over the final guest count which led to unplanned cost. In addition, there were a few things that ran late which cut the dancing at the reception short.

These issues were extremely frustrating in the moment but in the grand scheme of things they were minor. In the end it was a beautiful day with thoughtful decor, scrumptious food, and an overall great time. If we had to do it again we still would use Tasty Creations Catering. We highly recommend Chef David and Josefina's services to anyone looking for a full service, genuine, and stress-free planning process.