Tara's Bridal & Special Occasion

Value
Flexibility
Recently Married
0.6

I was not happy with the service I received from Tara's bridal. This is where I got my bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dress, and at first I thought the customer service was great but then once it was time to order the gowns, the disorganization was unreal. The owner had the wrong wedding date written down and was told the correct one multiple times. The dresses weren't ordered till 4 weeks later than told and the owner lied about communication with an out of town bridesmaid and blamed her. Once the dresses were in, two of the gowns were ordered in the wrong size. Since they came weeks late, there was not much time at all before the wedding. The owner did not have anything written down for the sizes for my maid of honor and she had to ask me three times in less than a minute what my name was and who i was. I was shocked and confused since she has just spoken with me and met with me multiple times. She refused to order a new size for the flower girl because she was "not spending the money to order a new one" and she refused to express ship my maid of honors gown for the same reason. So the dress was shipped 2 days before the wedding and did not offer to pay or help with alterations. Instead she apologized but said that she wouldn't charge me for the second dress like she was cutting me a deal. Overall, the customer service was terrible, the owner didn't listen to a thing I said when answering her questions and the owner did a poor job trying to recover from her mistake and provide good customer service.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Wonderful, fast service. Masterful alterations. And best of all, great prices!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Teresa was GREAT!!!! She was very nice and accommodating. Tara's has a great dress selections. My experience was so pleasant. Teresa made the whole wedding dress shopping so easy, the only hard part is to make the decision because there are so many beautiful dresses. I would recommend Tara's to any bride out there. It is a great boutique in Central PA.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I purchased my dress at Tara's Bridal after searching several local shops for the perfect dress. There was no limit on the number of dresses I could try on and I was able to shop the racks on my own. My consultant also pulled dresses for me that I wouldn't have picked - which is how I ended up with the dress that I did! She also allowed me to take my time to decide, leaving the room so I didn't feel pressured. In the end I said yes to the dress, and she even threw in a free clearanced veil that matched the gown perfectly. They also store your dress until you need to get it altered, but you're able to go in and try the dress on whenever you want with an appointment. On my wedding day I felt beautiful and received tons of compliments on my dress.

1+ year ago

What a great experience and such a beautiful gown! Everyone was so kind and helpful and made our experience memorable. A charming shop.

1 Review
1+ year ago

Tara's Bridal is amazing!! Teresa is a wonderful person! She was so helpful and kind throughout the whole process. She helped me find my perfect dress with ease...she made the whole dress shopping experience so much fun and stress-free! There were so many dresses and styles to choose from, and the prices were amazingly reasonable! If possible, you much visit Tara's bridal during your dress shopping expedition, or else you would be missing out!!

1+ year ago

My whole experience with Tara's Bridal from start to finish was fantastic!!!! I couldn't have asked for anything better. As soon as I was greeted at the door I felt at ease in a no pressure type atmosphere. Teresa is so personable and wonderfull to work with!!! There are three rooms of dresses to choose from and the styles are like nothing I've ever seen at the chain stores in the area. I found the dress of my dreams and it was under my budget!!! Tara's keeps your dress for you until it's time to get alterations. When your alterations are complete you can drop your dress back off at Tara's until the day before your wedding. That's such a great perk for me since I don't have much closet space in my house to store the dress. I would recommend this bridal store ten times over to brides to be!!!!! Couldn't be happier with my wedding gown!!!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

From the moment I stepped into the shop, Teresa went out of her way to make the experience one to remember. There were so many different styles to choose from and she truly listened to what I was looking for. In no way did she make me feel pushed to buy, unlike so many other shops. Thanks to her patience and focus on what look I was going for I said YES TO THE DRESS! I will return again and again as my daughters grow and need Prom/Homecoming Dresses... If you are looking for personal experience... Tara's Bridal is without a doubt the perfect start whether you are a Bride or a parent looking for that one of a kind Prom/Homecoming Dress!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My wedding dress from Tara's Bridal was absolutely gorgeous! They had a nice variety of dresses when I went looking. They were patient and informative. They keep your dress until you get it altered (if needed) and then have it dry cleaned for the big day. This locally owned shop is such a cute place and I highly recommend it!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

The best experience I could have had. Theresa was wonderful as well as the entire staff. Found the dress of my dreams and way under budget. You have got to go here first to see if you can find your dress cause it will be worth it, believe me. I ended up getting my veil and also my jewelry. Theresa has a great eye and what she picked out matched my personality and went beautifully with my dress.

Tara's Bridal & Special Occasion responded with the following comments:

Thank you for this great review Tracey!! You were a joy to work with !
Teresa

Chris F.
1+ year ago

Went in for my dream dress and fell in love with another. I wasn't able to take it with me the day I bought it and they stored it at the store for me. I also kind of was talked into a headpiece I didn't really like by my mother and when I went back in to pick up my gown I explained and she helped me find a replacement and earrings as a trade off. I would definitely recommend going here!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Teresa is great to work with!! Caitlin was so patient and helpful when I was trying bridal gowns on. The selection is great, you can't beat the prices, and the overall experience is so wonderful!

Elizabeth
07/06/2013

I am so happy that I chose to get my wedding dress from Tara's! The experience was wonderful from the moment I called to setup an appointment to the day I went to pickup my dress for the wedding. Caitlin really listened to what I wanted and helped me find my dream dress! She even helped me add some personalized elements to make the dress one of a kind. They have a great selection and something for every budget. I would absolutely recommend Tara's to anyone looking for a dress in the Central PA area!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I feel like I should technically be able to give Tara's Bridal 15 stars. My mom and I felt lucky to find my bridal gown at Tara's a week after I got engaged. Llittle did we know we would be back to purchase all of my bridesmaids' dresses and her mother of the bride dress at the adorable boutique as well. The shop is homey and comfortable with Teresa and Caitlin providing assistance, guidance, and excitement throughout the shopping experience. Zlatina, one of the optional seamstresses was a joy to work with and truly made my dress fit me like a dream. I felt so relaxed knowing that I didn't have to wait for my dress to be shipped and knowing that Teresa was protecting it until the week before the big day. I believe we were able to purchase the most beautiful dress I'll ever wear at a fraction of the cost. I would recommend that any bride shop at Tara's!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I would recommend this shop to anyone. Teresa is the best. I got my dress and all my bridesmaids dresses there. The selection of unique wedding dresses at different price points is fantastic. Teresa is so easy to work with. She isn't pushy, always makes time for you, and was also really helpful with advice on other vendors and wedding needs. I can't say enough good things!

Anonymous
1+ year ago

I got my wedding dress at Tara's Bridal and the specialist Kaitlin was super friendly and helpful in helping me select my dress. She did a great job with listening to my needs and helping me find dresses that were in my style. They also helped me find a seamstress and scheduled her to come meet me at the bridal store to talk through all the alterations. The only downside as that when I went to pick up my dress it was still at the dry cleaners, so I had to pick it up myself on the day of the wedding. Luckily, the dry cleaner was right down the street, as it could have been a delay.