Splendid Stems Floral Designs Reviews

19 | Schenectady, NY

19 Reviews for Splendid Stems Floral Designs

19 Splendid Stems Floral Designs Reviews

Amy · Married on 07/26/2015

wow! flowers were unbelievable! i wish the wedding didn't go by so quickly so i could have taken more time to admire them! Karen was so wonderful to work with!! She went above and beyond.

Working with Karen was my favorite part of wedding planning. As a person Karen is genuine, supportive, warm, and down-to-earth. As an artist she is innovative, inspiring, and aesthetically transcendental. Her style is timelessly beautiful and her method is collaborative. It was an honor and pleasure meeting such a talented and wonderful human being.

We had the most wonderful experience working with Karen from Splendid Stems. She is a true artist and our wedding flowers were absolutely gorgeous! At our first meeting we talked about my vision - I was going for a English garden tea party mixed with a Gatsby-inspired vibe. My wedding bouquet was really a dream come true : ) Not a petal was out of place - it really made me feel special. Karen took what I had in my head and then delivered above and beyond! I wanted a mix of high and low centerpieces to add visual interest to our reception tables and Karen provided so many options to work with our budget. Karen also prepared two urns to act as a focal point for the ceremony which looked beautiful and only enhanced the ceremony space. She is experienced, extremely professional, detail oriented and more than that, she is such a warm person - I felt like I could trust her from the get go. I would highly recommend Splendid Stems to any bride.

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2014

My husband and I LOVED working with Karen at Splendid Stems. Karen met every one of my husband and I's request. She took the time to meet with us and went over every aspect of our wedding. From the flower girls to ceremony to the wedding reception. She listened to everything I liked and didn't like and began creating perfection. To top it off after speaking with her, she created a picture proposal for us. I was able to see the flowers she picked and her vision. She even added some elements and let me pick what I liked best. Karen was AMAZING. Everybody at the wedding wouldn't stop talking about how beautiful the flowers looked and my bouquet. Stop reading this review and contact her.

Rebecca · Married on 08/01/2014

What started off as me simply saying “pale pink with hints of light green and a more natural but still classy look” began to take shape. Karen complemented the overall palette with beautiful bouquets that were sophisticated yet understated in their own way. There was not a hint of glitter or shimmer, but every arrangement, bouquet, boutonniere, etc. …all had their own “sparkle” that stood out throughout the day. As a designer, Karen completely highlighted her skills with beautiful flowers that enhanced the day without overwhelming or competing with the natural beauty of the great outdoors.
    The day of my wedding, August 1, 2014, Karen drove from her studio in Niskayuna, NY to Lake Placid to present me with my bouquet while I was getting ready with my bridal party. I was overwhelmed with the intimacy of her personal touch and the beauty I was given in an assortment of colors–ivory, white, light pink, blush, some pale peach tones, and hints of yellows and greens. The colors were perfect and even more beautiful than I had imagined. At the last minute, Karen wrapped my bouquet with a piece of ribbon and handed over to me the accent piece I was waiting for to complete my ensemble. Finally, it all felt right. Here comes the bride!

Kelly · Married on 07/13/2013

Over the top and beyond my expectations! I cannot say enough good things about Karen and Splendid Stems. She literally got in my head and took my thoughts, hopes, and ideas and created the most beautiful tablescapes, bouquets, and decor I could have imagined. She was professional, prompt, attentive, creative, easy to work with and discuss ideas with.

Her love for the business and her clients is evident in everything she touches. Do not hire anyone else. Karen in simply the best!

jodie · Married on 09/08/2012

From the first time you meet Karen you know that you will not be let down!!! Her knowledge was one of a kind and she is so passionate about what she does its evident in her work! We went into our first meeting not knowing much of what we wanted except for my bouquet and left that same meeting having picked out all the flowers from all her great ideas. Her expertise is like no other!!! When she showed up that day we were blown away at how amazing everything looked. It was abosolutely a take your breath away moment! We did not do flower arrangements for centerpeices but I have no doubt that she does an excellent job not only seeing what she did for us but seeing her other work!!! I would absolutely reccomend Karen from SPlendid Stems for your wedding! You will not be let down!!! She is a talented florist and a great person!

Rachael · Married on 08/12/2012

Karen made me speechless on my wedding day with the environment she created. The arrangements and details took my breath away and I can't thank her enough for making it a true fairytale. She took my inspirations, thoughts, and ideas and turned it into a dream come true. The first thing out of every guests mouth was on how stunning the flowers were. Karen is so talented and her passion for what she does shines in her work. She wants nothing more than to make every brides day perfect (She even was picking up cigarette butts off the ground before guests arrived!). It was more than I could have ever asked for and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for the BEST.

jamie · Married on 05/26/2012

Karen Splendido is a genius. I got her information from a friend and she delivered the most gorgeous flower arrangements that I could have dreamt of. Th proposal that she gave me beforehand detailed every single flower that would be in the arrangement and pictures of each. That was perfect because I was OCD about how my wedding LOL. She is really a true professional and super duper sweet.

She was amazing and was able to do so much with my budget. Her knowledge is amazing and she has wonderfully elegant ideas. I married an Englishman and she purposely did David Austin roses which are specific to England. I thought this was a beautiful touch and very personal that many female members of his family commented how nice they were. I was grateful for her attention to detail and her work was gorgeous!

• Heather

Heather · Married on 03/30/2012

Karen was one of my favorite vendors. We met early on to discuss budget and our likes and dislikes. She looked at pictures of my dress, the color scheme, the bridesmaid dresses, etc and then I really let her do her own thing. She is DEFINITELY a vendor you can trust. Our flowers were stunning.

Karen is more affordable than several other local florists I spoke with, and feels more like an old friend than a wedding vendor. She goes out of her way to make sure everything is perfect, including making two boutonnières for the groom (because the first will get smooshed with all the hugs and well-wishes).
    She always adds a little, surprise touch to every wedding she does. We didn't have enough in our budget for floral centerpieces. We had a sweetheart table. When my husband and I entered the reception, I saw that Karen had created a gorgeous tulip (my favorite) centerpiece, especially for us. I LOVED Karen and can't recommend her enough.

You can see pictures of our flowers at Karen's blog, http://www.weddingflowersalbany.com/2012/04/franklin-plaza-ballroom-wedding-flowers.html

Brian · Married on 09/03/2011

Karen is fantastic to work with and provided above and beyond what we expected. We couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Would highly recommend.

• Kristi

Kristi · Married on 06/25/2011

When you hire Karen Splendido of Splendid Stems you don't just get a florist, you get a wedding planner (at a price that is more affordable than most any other florist in the region).

When I first met Karen, I knew nothing about flowers other than that I hated carnations. (A non-issue, because she doesn’t use them, anyway.) At our meeting I looked through the Splendid Stems portfolio and picked out a bouquet I loved — it just so happened to be the one Karen made for her own wedding (soft pinks and beige). I also saw a flower I adored – peonies. Other than that, the three of us agreed on a color scheme (based on my dress) and the rest was in Karen’s hands. She’d consult me on flower choices and changes but, almost every time, I’d tell her she was the professional and I trusted her work.

I met with several vendors in each category when planning our wedding, except for when it came to flowers. We met with her and decided, immediately, she was going to be our florist. While all of our vendors were good, Karen was the one who most stood out, going above and beyond, helping me with the escort and gift tables, offering advice on the programs and menus and even suggesting material for the bridesmaid dresses based on my Vera Wang Amelia wedding gown.

She had a vision that perfectly aligned with our venue, my dress, the theme of the wedding, etc. Also, she has little-to-no overhead (the studio is out of their home), which helps keep costs down. She actually came in less than Price Chopper, and her work is far more customized.

The day of the wedding, she arrived early and even staying through the ceremony to make sure everything is set up properly for that, the cocktail hour and for the reception. Oh, and she made two boutonnieres for the guys so that when they are hugged and it smooshes they have an extra one, which was a small, but nice touch. I loved everything for created, but the mantel piece (she does a “surprise” for all her brides) was my absolute favorite.

She’s all about personalization and really, really cares. She’s professional, on top of things and truly goes above and beyond.

I really can’t say enough about her and I rave about her so often, my husband asked if she had a commercial shop because he wants to order from her when he sends people flowers.

She was the most amazing vendor to work with.

Check out images of the bouquets and other elements she designed for us here: http://bit.ly/nmQj2t

Maura · Married on 06/04/2011

Karen is an AMAZING florist! She made me the most beautiful flowers bouquets and centerpieces I have ever seen. She followed my design ideas perfectly and added some extras that brought the entire look all together. She gave me an old Hollywood glam look that my guests could not stop raving about.
    Her prices are excellent, you really can't beat her prices.
    She is very creative, and honestly a really awesome person.
    She went above and beyond.

Sherry · Married on 05/22/2010

Next to the actual getting married part, the flowers were my favorite thing about my wedding. The arrangements that Karen put together were absolutely stunning-more beautiful than I had ever imagined. Karen had a lot of really creative ideas on how we could realize our vision for the day while staying within our budget. She designed a plan for our flowers that was specially tailored to what we wanted and even figured out how to build a small platform of moss for us to put our place cards on! She was very professional, responsive and paid close attention to all kinds of details that I hadn't even thought of. I highly recommend Splendid Stems for any couple planning a wedding.

Lila · Married on 05/27/2002

My flowers were beautiful. They were exactly what I was looking for. Karen helped make suggestions on the types of flowers that would work well together. It was a great experience working with her. It was one less thing I had to worry about on my wedding day.

amy · Married on 05/11/2002

Karen, aka, Splendid Stems, designed all the flowers for my spring wedding. She appreciated the vision and theme we had and realized our wildest dreams. She didn't overlook a single detail and was professional from start to finish. Our guests still rave about the beauty of Karen's floral creations!!! Highly recommended!!!.

Kate · Married on 12/19/2015

3.5

After speaking with at least five other florists, I came across Karen's page and decided to reach out. I loved her style and the blog and thought she might be a good fit. My entire experience with her was different from the get-go. We had an honest conversation about my budget and I described to her what I was looking for. I was having a wedding right before Christmas, and I wanted it to be formal and festive, but not too Christmassy. I didn't think I did a particularly great job of explaining what I wanted, but Karen listened and asked great questions.

After looking at my pinterest page, Karen created a pinterest page using her own images in order to show me what she envisioned for the event based on what I was looking for. She truly took what I had said and made my ideas more amazing than I could have imagined. I never would have thought of incorporating berries, oranges and magnolia leaves in order to incorporate both the green and gold of my wedding colors, but once I saw her vision I knew she would create the ambiance of my dream wedding. It was so helpful to visually be assured that Karen knew what I wanted.

The day of the wedding we were all blown away by the ballroom. At so many moments throughout the night I had to stop and and take in the fact that the exact wedding I had envisioned in my mind was happening all around me. Karen took my vision and made it spectacular. The Canfield Casino is an incredible venue, and I often think the flowers there just detract from the room itself, but Karen used the ambiance and beauty of the room and built on it.

I have already recommended Karen to a friend, who ended up using her, and can vouch for the beauty of that outdoor fall wedding on the Hudson as well.

I highly recommend Karen as she goes to great lengths to understand and provide for her clients. She is deeply passionate loves what she does.

Christin · Married on 10/18/2013

2.6
      3.0
      2.0
      2.5
      3.0
      2.5

I did not feel as if I had the same experience with Karen that most other brides, including a friend who recommended her had. Karen came highly recommended from other vendors we used as well. I am VERY disappointed overall at the experience with her. The flowers were one of the most important parts of the wedding for me, and was left unfulfilled. There were some communication issues as far as Karen being unresponsive at points and causing additional stress in the process of planning. I didn't really feel she went out of the way to make this experience better for me once it was brought to her attention and she completely made me feel like I was not a valued customer. The day of the wedding, she did deliver on time, however she didn't call the club until about 5 minutes before she was making a drop off to them. I also never saw our aisle marker decorations and it was too chaotic of a day to verify if they were ever received. The mother's corsages were VERY poorly made, only 1 out of 4 didn't fall apart. The groom glued his mother's back together so she would have a flower for the day of. The bride's and bridesmaids flowers all looked like they were dying upon delivery. If it was an issue with getting certain flowers for that time of year, it was up to Karen to communicate they may not be the best or freshest and to recommend something else. Overall super disappointed in my experience with Karen. I would not recommend for anyone to use her for the prices she charges, my flowers looked nothing like the beautiful pictures her portfolio includes!

Sent on 01/01/2014

Splendid Stems Floral Designs's reply:

We at Splendid Stems feel terrible that this client felt unappreciated. As you can read from our reviews - that is the last thing we would want our couples to feel! We have recently updated our communications system to better assist our clients in a timely manner. As for the rest, this is the first we have heard that the experience was unsatisfactory. Each item was given personal approval upon delivery - at the time requested. As with each client, we follow their photographer’s blog – we love seeing all the happiness that ensues! The post was published back in October - you, Eric, and the flowers all looked fantastic! We were delighted to see that you had a wonderful day, and we wish you and Eric all the best.