Silverceiling Beauty Consulting Reviews

Silverceiling Beauty Consulting 5
Silverceiling Beauty Consulting 6
Silverceiling Beauty Consulting 7

Tiffany · event on 04/28/2013

Very wonderful work. Great atmosphere and felt comfortable. Great make up artist!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Kerri · Married on 05/12/2007

Brides, if you want to look beautiful, then hire Silver Ceilings to handle your spray tan, makeup, and hair. The girls are all really fun to work with, putting you completely at ease on your big day. The spray tan looks great and totally natural. The hair and makeup are magical. They are very efficient and can help you look perfect AND natural, or can give you the unique look of your dreams.

Sent on 04/05/2017

Alexa · Married on 05/27/2017

I loved working with Kelly for my Trial, Bridal Portrait Make-Up and Hair and on the day of my Wedding!! On the day of, she brought her whole Glam Squad to help get my girls and I ready! I even had extra puffy eyes from crying after giving my parents their gifts and her team was able to tend to that quickly and I was good in a short time! I definitely recommend her!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Bethany · Married on 06/09/2018

Sam and Meghan did an amazing job this past weekend for my daughter's wedding! They arrived at our hotel in downtown Raleigh promptly at 6am for a 10am departure to the ceremony. The bridesmaids had a connecting room to the large suite, so I could wake them up as needed for hair and makeup. My daughter got to sleep in a bit then join the fun. These ladies were professional and really listened to what each person wanted before working their magic. We relaxed with music, mimosas and laughter. Everyone was so pleased with the results and my daughter looked GORGEOUS! I'm so glad I booked Silverceiling and went with the airbrush makeup. It lasted all day and night with the reception ending at 11pm! The only things needed were touchups for lipstick and an occasional blotting for tears or sweat. I did wake up the next morning with my false eyelashes stuck to my cheek, but that's the sign of a good night:) The hubby loved my look. Thanks ladies!!!!!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Brittany · Married on 02/10/2018

Kelly and Tiffany were both amazing! They were responsive, flexible with all of my changes and do fabulous work! They both made my girls and myself feel and look amazing on my wedding day! I highly recommend silverceiling!

Sent on 05/22/2018

S · Married on 11/25/2017

Everyone at Silver Ceiling is so sweet! They really make you feel like part of the family. I booked their services for my wedding. Giana was our hair and makeup pro for the day and she did an amazing job! She was able to come to the hotel where I was getting ready so I didn’t have to leave until it was time to head to the church. We did a trial for hair and makeup and they were so accommodating with any changes to styling. The only minor thing is the slight delay in response. They will definitely get back to you, but it may take a few days. It was also a little more than I initially wanted to spend for hair and makeup, but it was TOTALLY WORTH IT! To feel so special on your wedding day and get pampered and to look amazing at the end of it, you can’t put a price tag on that! Highly recommend Silverceiling for makeup and hair needs.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Silverceiling Beauty Consulting's reply:

Hi Sarah! Thank you so much for your sweet words and feedback! We loved working with you and wish you all of the happiness in the world you gorgeous airbrush babe!!! Xoxo!

Danielle · Married on 05/30/2015

I worked with SilverCeiling for our wedding day and it was absolutely perfect. I've never felt more beautiful in my life. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/04/2015

Melissa · Married on 01/02/2015

I've had the pleasure of working with Silverceiling many times before, for fashion shows, so I knew they did amazing work. But for my wedding in Puerto Rico I would be unable to have a makeup artist with me so I needed to learn some techniques to feel confident enough to do my own makeup for the big day. My consultation was exactly what I was looking for. They supplied samples in my colors I could use, recommended brands, taught me new techniques to use with some of my existing makeup and gave me the over-all confidence to know that I could pull it off on my wedding day. I even learned to do my own Airbrushed makeup and they helped me to order my own Airbrusher. Any questions I had were always answered in a timely manner. I have nothing but great things to say about Silverceiling and routinely recommend them to all of my friends!

Sent on 02/19/2015
  • Callie & Wes

Callie · Married on 09/28/2018

3.5

Silverceiling helped make our big day perfect! Yvonne was an absolute dream to work with, and she ensured all my ladies (& myself!) looked flawless!! Cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 10/08/2018
    Silverceiling Beauty Consulting 8

Silverceiling Beauty Consulting's reply:

YAYYYY Callie this makes us SO happy! We loved working with you and wish you all of the happiness, sweet airbrush babe!

Hannah · Married on 04/14/2018

I had Denise and she did a wonderful job with my hair. It looked great and stayed all day long. Great Job.

Sent on 04/25/2018

caroline · Married on 12/31/2016

Kelly was fun to work with and made us look beautiful!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Brooke · Married on 09/19/2015

I worked with Andrea through Silverceiling in Wilmington, NC and she was the best! We had a great trial run a few months before, she kept in touch with me about any requests. We had half the bridal party do airbrush and the other half do regular makeup. They showed up on time on the day of the wedding and did some finishing touches on me the bride before they left. They advised my sister, the maid of honor, how to do touch ups if needed. I looked flawless!
    The only challenge was with Silverceiling's payment process and adding fees on after the contract was already signed. Not in any way Andrea's fault! There was a lot of back and forth about cost throughout the booking and payment process. The amounts changed several times, but after putting my foot down and reverting back to the original contract pricing, we were all set.

Again, Andrea, my makeup artist was exceptional! So on that note I would highly recommend any Wilmington, NC brides to use Andrea's services through Silverceiling, just make sure you have all your ducks in a row concerning payments!

The price included bridal trial and day of makeup, trial for my mother and day of makeup, airbrush for 7 in the wedding party, and 3 for regular makeup. Prices were very reasonable.

Sent on 10/13/2015

Anna · Married on 06/03/2018

The team did a great job on my wedding day! Everyone was really friendly and really helped keep everyone relaxed and calm while still getting us all ready on time!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Lauren · Married on 09/23/2017

Kelly has a great team of beauty experts. I cannot say enough about how much I appreciated Denise and Chelsea the day of my wedding. As someone who is admittedly not that well-versed in hair and makeup, I knew for sure the trial was going to be a lot of me figuring out what I wanted. What I now understand is that it's also an opportunity for Kelly to match me up with the stylists that best match my style, and I thank her so much for that! I knew leaving the trial I wanted a bit more natural, and Chelsea & Denise were the perfect stylists for that. If I'm being completely honest, I did have some scheduling issues, and I did have to correct the final bill a few times, BUT Kelly graciously realized her mistake and made it up to me with a free blowout for my rehearsal dinner. Looking back over the entire process, I can say that Kelly does make an effort to make sure her clients are happy. Denise did nails and hair for my bridesmaids, my mom, my mother-in-law, and me. She got our looks down. I could not have been happier with my hair and my nails. She even gave my dad some great tips for all-natural foot care haha. Chelsea was an airbrush wizard, and she gave me exactly what I had wanted--natural makeup that really made my blue eyes big and bright. She even re-did my mother-in-law's makeup to make sure she was satisfied with it. We had a blast with Chelsea and Denise the day of our wedding, and by the end, I felt like I had 2 new friends. Thank you ladies for making my best day the absolute BEST!

Sent on 11/25/2017

Silverceiling Beauty Consulting's reply:

Hi Lauren! Thank you so much for your feedback! Our stylists had such a blast getting to know you... and your photos are simply STUNNING! We are so excited for you and your new marriage. We wish you all of the very best, airbrush babe! And thank you for letting Silverceiling be part of your beautiful day!

Emily · Married on 05/21/2016

I used Silverceiling for my wedding at the Watson House in Emerald Isle. Kelly and her team were amazing. She worked with me during the trial and then in-between to help me create my perfect look. On the day of so many people raved about my make-up. During the morning festivities of getting ready I had tons of bridesmaids and my mom decide last minute to get their make-up done because they all loved the way it looked! Great experience and great people! I recommend you use them for your day if you want to look your best :)

Sent on 06/29/2016

Susan · Married on 06/06/2015

3.5

I booked SilverCeiling for my wedding without meeting them live until the day prior to my wedding as I lived hours away. It was a little stressful going in, but from the moment I met the girls I was put at ease. They listened to me, they had reviewed photos I'd sent in ahead of time and they spent the time needed to really sort out a look and style thay was perfect for me and our event, which entailed being outdoors on a pier and me playing drums. Outside.in June. The sleek ponytail with three braids leading into it gave me a sweat, humidity and rain proof yet elegant and pretty up-do that was absolutely perfect!! It did not collapse all night even though I did get rained on! And the make -up was Gorgeous! Natural (what I was looking for) and also did not budge. They are punctual. And professional . And I'd highly recommend their services to anybody!

Sent on 06/22/2015

4.2
      3.0

They are a super sweet makeup and hair team! I loved the airbrush make up, but some of my bridesmaids didn't. The hair was nothing great, but I did get married in a hurricane so you can't expect your hair to stay beautiful all day haha

Sent on 11/21/2016

Stephanie · Married on 10/11/2014

4.2
      3.5

Kelly is very professional to work with. I was excited to get the full makeup treatment with her airbrushing system, and looked 'like a doll'. I recommend working with Kelly. She is very sweet and talented.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Ashley · Married on 10/14/2016

3.0

As the bride I loved my look but my bridal party was not impressed

Sent on 10/26/2016
  • Annie

Annie · Married on 12/31/2014

3.0

This is a hard review for me to write, because I have such mixed feelings about the process! First and foremost, I can't say enough great things about Kelly-- she lives up to her reviews 100%, nice and friendly, and does an amazing job! My bridesmaids looked stunning! Over all the day of services were great.

However, I had my trial a few weeks before the wedding with her assistant, Andrea. She too was very friendly, and made me feel comfortable. Kelly had told me that she had moved to Charlotte, so Andrea was in Wilmington and going to do my make up trial/ day of. I think it was mostly inexperience with airbrush makeup, but my trial was not great to say the least. The machine would break, and when it was applied, it looked cakey. (I did have dry skin which she said could be the problem) When we were trying on lip colors, it was removed with a dry tissue, causing lipstick to smear across my face...making the end product not great. My eye makeup however, was lovely! I had the trial done before my bachelorette party, but it took two hours, so I was starting to run late. I should have just stayed longer and perfected it. That was my fault--I was under the impression the process would take an hour at most. The end product looked nothing like me, and after having paid almost $300 for just my makeup, I was a little let down. I ended up washing it off immediately.

I contacted Kelly pretty upset, and she assured me that she would be the one there on my wedding day doing the makeup. I was very appreciative, but a little nervous going into my wedding day without a successful trial. Kelly and Andrea both came to do makeup on the day, and they did an amazing job! A few of my bridesmaids had their lashes fall off minutes after having them applied which was concerning, but Kelly was able to fix them, and they lasted all night!

The end product on the day of was exactly as she said it would be, flawless, which is what counts!

Sent on 03/16/2015

Elise · Married on 12/22/2017

3.8
      2.5
      3.5

Tiffany is the sweetest and the perfect person to have with you getting ready for your big day. She is great at what she does and makes you feel like one of her friends the second you meet her. I am probably one of the pickiest people in the world about my hair and makeup and Tiffany was willing to do it over and over until I liked it. The services themselves are pretty expensive and they charge a $100 travel fee for day off and 18% tip on top of the already really high prices. They also told me that there would be 2 people on the day for my mom and I but changed it the day before and it was only Tiffany (who still did a great job and calmed me down) but I was extremely rushed at the end and wished I would have had a second person like they had told me- especially when you're paying as much as they're charging.

Sent on 02/22/2018

3.8
      3.5

Overcharged but other than that was amazing

Sent on 01/30/2014

ann · Married on 12/17/2016

3.6
      2.5
      3.5

Of all the vendors we used, this is the only place I would have cut the budget. Not the makeup/hair, but the amount spent. The quality of the services received was not commensurate with the price charged. When all was said and done we paid $1500 for 5 makeup/hair and 2 spray tans. I am the MOB, wedding planner, coordinator and organizer. We live in FL and researched and spoke with all the vendors long-distance. Kelly will promise you the moon. First of all, do not do the spray tan. the product did not develop on either of the ladies who received them. One was me and I had to scramble to find pantyhose the evening of the rehearsal dinner. Because of this, Kelly did the bride's tan for free. It rubbed off on her feet and left a V from her flip flops. Her feet had to be resprayed. This was $150 completely wasted. I had my eyebrows and lip waxed when we went for the spray tan and it was $45 to pluck a few eyebrows and pull a few wax strips. The day of the wedding, the makeup team ran behind and I was last to go before the bride. I was extremely unhappy with my hair but did not feel that I had time to fix it because I did not want to take time away from the bride and I needed to get to the venue. I did not feel my best for the most important day of our lives and I must admit, I was pretty ticked at the makeup team. The bride and wedding party did look beautiful as they would have with any competent makeup artist. Bottom line, you can find at least as good for half the money. In response to owner's reply below, she is correct, bride was happy with makeup & hair. My main point was that the services are WAY overpriced and the same could be had for much less. I lived on Weddingwire and The Knot for 5 months while planning the wedding. I received so much, that I feel that it is my responsibility to give back and to give honest and comprehensive reviews. We had amazing vendors and when they did amazing work, they received an amazing review.

Sent on 12/20/2016

Silverceiling Beauty Consulting's reply:

Hi Ann! Thank you for your feedback. We are extremely sorry that you were disappointed with the spray tan. We do a ton of spray tans and I'm not sure why it didn't develop on the legs! We spoke with the bride about her hair and makeup and are incredibly grateful that she was so happy with everything, as were all of the bridesmaids. As far as the schedule was concerned, we stayed on track the entire day, as we had a pretty large bridal party to get through (hence the schedule I put together for you). We stayed true to all the times on the schedule. I know we ran a bit behind for your services because changes were requested. When it's all said and done, we really enjoyed working with Sydney on her wedding and wish you and everyone else only the best!

1.0
      1.5
      3.0

For the price, go with another vendor. I asked for my bridesmaids to have 1920 finger waves and one hairstylist was able to make 2/4 bridesmaids look amazing. While the other stylist gave 2/4 bridesmaids and my mom Shirley Temple ringlets. Once they left, the ladies had to redo everything. It kind of made the day more stressful than it needed to be. Also, one of my eyelashes fell off 15 minutes after being put on! For the price, everything and everyone should look flawless. I wouldn't do it again for the amount of money.

Sent on 06/16/2016

Silverceiling Beauty Consulting's reply:

Thank you for the feedback! We always want to ensure that our brides are completely happy, and that is why we ask for continuous feedback on the wedding day. I sincerely apologize that one of our stylists did not deliver the style you were looking for. Please contact us- it is important that we make this right for you!