Sebi Messina Photography Reviews

78 Reviews for Sebi Messina Photography

• Victoria

Victoria Klavins · Getting married on 08/02/2021

Amazing Photographer and Team

Sebi and his team were amazing. We had an issue with his email going to Junk and he found us through what's app to contact us. He was amazing, professional and truly looks at all areas of your hotel to create the perfect shot. He took into account the type of editing I liked and worked with me to make our wedding day beautiful. His assistants also gave my husband great advise on how to pose properly for a photo lol so if you feel like an awkward giraffe - don't worry they'll make you look majestic.

Sent on 03/19/2020

Sebi Messina Photography's reply:

Thank you, dear Victoria (and Paul)!
    We all appreciate your beautiful review and the funny way you finish it 😊😊😊. As you see, covering a wedding for us is not just showing up at a given time and leaving after a certain number of hours, spent taking pictures. There is a before and after which is not less important. And we love being side by side with the bride during the whole planning phase. And we know emails may occasionally land in the spam folder, that’s why we always request the phone number and try to continue the correspondence also via WhatsApp. That’s all part of the game. Not to mention all the suggestions we are happy to share in order to set the best possible timeline. And last but not least, the importance of meeting the couple in person, a couple of days before the wedding, to fine-tune all the details. All this work “behind the scenes”, together with the love, we put on what we do, ends up being a reason of satisfaction for our brides.
    Thanks again and all the best guys! 😉
    Sebi

Jessie Babiarz · Married on 06/02/2020

Absolutely Stunning Photos

From the very moment we inquired about the under water photo shoot, Sebi was great to deal with. Very responsive and clear on the answers. Sebi and his team made the shoot relaxed and fun. Sebi is very patient and makes sure he gets the best shots. I absolutely love all of the photos. Hard to pick a favorite. I 100% recommend Sebi Messina Photography now and will continue to recommend his work to everyone. These under water photos are one of a kind, and worth it. The compliments we have received are proof that we picked the best. Thanks Again for the amazing photos Sebi.

Sent on 03/06/2020

Kiersten · Married on 03/14/2020

Best experience and most unique photos!

My fiancé and I absolutely loved our experience and our engagement photo shoot with Sebi Messina Photography and would recommend them to everyone!! We were traveling to Mexico from the US and Sebi was the ONLY photographer I reached out to that responded right away! They were so accommodating and even picked us up from our resort so that we didn't have to mess with a taxi! The turn around time for our edited photos was quick and their attention to detail in all the edited photos we received was astounding! HIGHLY RECOMMEND them if you want the most unique pictures and best experience!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Sebi Messina Photography's reply:

Thank you Kiersten ! You were a lovely couple and you an amazing bride (to be ;-)) It was a sincere pleasure shooting you and Grant. Thanks again for your nice words, and for joining our Underwater Trash The Dress experience...😘
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 03/07/2020

Trash the dress awesomeness!!!!

It was a great joy working with Sebi. He was a great photographer and put so much care and attention to make sure we had beautiful pictures. The cenote he chose was amazing. My husband was a beginner swimmer and Sebi was so patient and helpful with him and was able to capture some beautiful images underwater. We can't wait to work with him again soon. We definitely recommend him as the best underwater picture photographer in the Cancun area.

Sent on 03/25/2020
  • Martha

Martha Galewski · Married on 03/06/2020

Best Wedding Photographer Out There

We used Sebi back in March for our wedding in Cancun at Fiesta Americana Condesa. He was very responsive to all of our emails and texts. We met with him a few days before the wedding and did a full walk through of the property to find some of the best spots for shots. He is very caring, personable, professional and wants to make sure that he captures your day perfectly. Sebi listened to what we wanted and also made great recommendations along the way.

I really appreciate that he took the time to understand family dynamic (families can be weird!). Weddings are stressful and you are guaranteed to have things not go your way. Sebi made sure to keep everything light hearted and addressed any and all concerns, including the weather (it was slated to rain the entire day). His team is also AMAZING! So fun and so great! His wife and his assistant made us feel very at ease the entire day.

The turn around time on the photos was super quick (about 3 weeks) and the photos are GORGEOUS! We love his artistic style and how he has an eye for color. All of our family and friends rave about our photos and how beautiful they turned out. I wish we stayed in Cancun a bit longer, I would have loved to do his Trash the Dress photo shoot!

Sebi is a one of a kind photographer and truly has a talent and eye for capturing color, style and emotion. We are grateful beyond words! Thank you, thank. you , thank you Sebi and team!!!! You are all fantastic!

Sent on 04/04/2020

Sebi Messina Photography's reply:

Thanks a lot, Martha (and Shelli, of course!)

We really appreciate your review, so nice and full of details. As we use to say, in spite of being confident in the quality of our work, positive feedbacks should never be given for granted…

At this point, I wish you all the best, hoping that in the post-Covid days you will find time to come back and join the Underwater Trash The Dress experience.

No need to say, we all hope this might happen very soon.

Hugs

Sebi & Yadira

• Patricia

Patricia Kaufman · Married on 02/20/2020

No regrets!

This was one of the best experiences of my life! I will have the pictures forever and I can’t believe I had the luck of finding this amazing opportunity to work with Sebi! I recommend him to ALL! I was picked up from my hotel, taken care of the entire time and returned after having fun swimming in a cenote in my wedding dress, he was so passionate, professional, patient and considerate of what we were doing. The finished product speaks for itself!!!!!!!

Sent on 03/07/2020

Sarai Diaz · Married on 02/16/2020

Trash the dress

The session was super fun and Sebi and his crew were great! Would totally recommend!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 01/27/2020

Amazing experience!

We had such a great time with this photo shoot! Sebi was very kind and patient with us and our photos turned out beautiful. We did the private cenote shoot and although it was harder than I expected to take photos underwater - Sebi, his wife and his assistant Jorge made it fun! The water was so clear and beautiful - my dress was not at all ruined after all. Would absolutely recommend giving it a go!

Sent on 02/26/2020

Thank you Heather!
    We also had a great time with you and Stephen. And I am so happy you underline how dress- friendly our Underwater Trash The Dress are. In spite of the name… LOL 😊
  • LATASHA

Latasha Smalls · Married on 11/28/2019

Look no further! Professional Photographer

My husband and I had an amazing time working with Sebi and his staff. Sebi's professionalism and expertise are reflected in each picture he took. I really appreciate the planning before the wedding and timeliness in responding to each and every text message and email.

Sent on 12/27/2019

Thank you, La Tasha!
    I really appreciate it. Your nice words are the best reward for our work.
    I wish you and Simon many years of happiness together (and a Happy New Year, of course 😊). You are an amazing couple!
    Big hugs
  • O

Oscar Trejo · Married on 11/01/2019

Experiencia diferente

ES UNA LINDA EXPERIENCIA. MUCHO MEJOR DE LO QUE UNO ESPERA.

Sent on 12/09/2018
  • Veronica

Veronica Joyner · Married on 08/28/2019

Amazing Experience

I am a bride to be nor a model but I really wanted an underwater portrait. I am so thankful that a simple Google search led me to Sebi. The entire process was amazing. Sebi recommended colors that would compliment my complexion in an underwater photo. We communicated several times prior to the session so I felt extremely comfortable the morning we met.

First, if you are even thinking about having a photo done is a pool, please DONT. The Cenotes are AMAZING and the naturally beautiful backgrounds are breathtaking. The water is clear and my eyes didn't burn AT ALL.
    The entire session I felt like I was playing in the water. Sebi was extremely patient with me as I had a difficult time staying vertical underwater. The session was not rushed at all and we took breaks as needed.
    I was a little nervous about how the photo would look as I am a plus size women with kinky hair. Sebi showed me a few of the untouched photos in his camera and I couldn't believe how beautiful they looked. However I was completely blown away after receiving the photos two days ago. My biggest problem is determining which photo to have framed. Sebi is absolutely amazing at capturing perfect moments and bringing them to life.
    I will definitely be using his services again .

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Britta

Britta Altidor · Married on 08/17/2019

Wonderful Experience!

I am so glad we found Sebi for our trash the dress photoshoot for our honeymoon! I compared his packages with many other photographers in the area and found the best price AND quality from Sebi! He and his team were super accommodating, friendly and fun! We loved that they picked us up from our resort, didn't rush us when we needed a break and provided awesome photos which we will forever be grateful for. I chose to wear my own ballgown wedding dress which was very heavy underwater, his assistant, Marco, always made sure I didn't drown haha, but seriously.. Thank you!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Sebi Messina Photography's reply:

Thank you Britta! It was a real pleasure knowing you an Pat for this Underwater Photo Shoot. Come back soon, may be for an Underwater Maternity... 😉

Courtney Lee · Married on 06/28/2019

Great experience

Great experience, my husband and I are in love with our pictures. Sebi and his team were wonderful.

Sent on 07/22/2019

Sven Wilde · Married on 06/15/2019

So much fun AND such great pictures

After deciding to have a destination wedding in Mexico, we figured that a underwater Trash the Dress shooting in a cenote would be the perfect way to do our wedding pictures since this is quite unique and perfectly added to our whole experience. After comparing a few options, we decided for Sebi and never got disappointed.
    We had a great morning and a lot of fun with Sebi and his team. Although we neved had done something like this before, we always felt comfortable and enjoyed the shooting a lot.
    A little more than two weeks later we received the pictures - and oh my word! They are all just incredible. If our flat would be bigger, we wold have to print and hang them all. We highly recommend him and his team!

Sent on 07/13/2019

Good reason to move to a bigger flat…. LOL 😊😊😊
    Seriously now. Thanks a lot for your nice words Sven. You and Leila were an excellent couple, who really enjoyed the shooting. And it all reflects in the images that we both produced. All the best to the 2 and ½ of you 😉

• DarrLee

Darrlee Brownoff · Married on 06/14/2019

Outstanding!

We did an underwater shoot with Sebi on June 16th. We couldn't be happier! We were both a bit nervous going in to it, but Sebi & his assistant (and wife) were so wonderful, they made us feel so comfortable. We had a lot of fun! We ended up in the water for 3 hours and got some really excellent shots. Sebi sent us our photos about 2 weeks later, which was way earlier than we were expecting. They are phenomenal, so much better than we were expecting (we thought we'd look funny underwater). We highly recommend doing a shoot with Sebi, it's such an amazing experience and worth every penny. If we end up getting pregnant, we're hoping to go back for a maternity shoot!! Please don't hesitate to book this once in a lifetime experience with an extremely professional photographer!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Kirsten · Married on 05/25/2019

We got married in Playa del Carmen in August of 2018 and had a private session with Sebi, his wife and assistant. From start to finish, it was obvious how talented, personable, and professional they were! This was my and my husband's first time ever doing something like this and they guided us every step of the way! Our photos look like something out of a fairytale and exceeded all of our expectations. We have had SO many compliments from people and it's all thanks to Sebi and his team's direction and skill!

Sent on 08/16/2018
  • Ale

Ale Trevino · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing experience

AMAZING! The photoshoot was super profesional and the results are incredible. Sebi helps you with creative poses and props. It was one of the best experiences of our wedding.

Sent on 06/17/2019
  • Claire

Claire Fell · Married on 04/08/2019

Amazing! Would recommend to anyone wanting artistic shots of their wedding day

From the minute Sebi and his team arrived they were so professional. My bridesmaids all said it felt like I was marrying someone famous! They put us all at ease, and the results are phenomenal. Every single person has complimented me on our photos and I couldn’t be happier with them. My only problem now is narrowing them down to which ones will go on the wall!

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Mikos

Mikos Theodule · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing amazing amazing!

I cannot say enough about how amazing the experience was with Sebi Messina and his team. From the beginning of the process, Sebi and his team were very response to all our emails. It was very apparent from the initial questions he asked us prior to the wedding, he wanted to ensure he captured all the special moments of our Big day. The Trash the dress photo session before our wedding was a simply phenomenal experience. Honestly, we were hesitant at first, and a bit skeptical, but Sebi and his team made us feel super comfortable during the photo shoot, and it turned out to be such a fun and memorable experience. All our family and friends, loved loved the pictures, and we turned them into our thank you cards. As for the wedding itself, again Sebi and his team did again an amazing amazing job. They were able to capture all the amazing moments we asked them too, despite a few delays on our part and our 20 person wedding party, we never felt like they were rushing us. Sebi has such an eye for these candid special moments that really showed in our pictures. By the end of our wedding, we honestly felt like Sebi and his team were part of our family. If you are booking a wedding in Cancun, you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't book Sebi and his team!.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Kiesha Winn · Married on 03/09/2019

Sebi and his crew were simply amazing!

Sebi and crew were awesome! Sebi did a complete walk through of the entire resort with me and created such a magical experience for my husband and I. We’ve received soo many compliments on our photos and his artistry. It was a last minute decision that was totally worth it. Thank you Sebi for your professionalism and artistry.

Dennis and Kiesha 3/9/19

Sent on 04/07/2019

Kimberly · Married on 01/03/2019

Flawless on every level

The pictures are stellar! The experience was priceless. Loved everything about it

Sent on 02/19/2019

Jolyn R Covelli · Married on 11/22/2018

Worth every penny !! love , love , love my pictures

Professionalism is a quality I look for in hiring anyone, Sebi and his team exceeded my expectations, his craft is unique and made for an unforgettable experience, our photo shoot turned out beautiful and everyone I show cant believe its underwater. I would shoot again in a heartbeat! we got married in Hawaii, but shot our underwater in Mexico could not be happier!! My dress was super clean afterwards and I gave it enough time about 3 days to dry before coming home, we only live once, and this underwater trash the dress was my personal favorite , Sebi, and his team were very helpful, on time and didn't rush us I show my pictures to everyone, I am buying a photo shoot as a gift for my son and his soon to be wife for their wedding gift! Great job, Great shoot. Great photographer period!!!

Sent on 03/06/2019
  • Thomas

Thomas Droese · Married on 11/13/2018

Not cheap, but worth every dollar

Shooting with fun in a pleasant atmosphere, very professionell!
    And the results are brillant!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Jorge · Married on 09/01/2018

My wife and I decided to do this trash the dress photo shooting last minute before our wedding. We really did not have a reference about the photographer (other than a few pictures online of his work) since we booked directly with our wedding specialist (ROMANZA photography) at the hotel.. Finally, we got to meet Sebi a day before the shooting by text messaging, he gave us instructions of what to bring, time, pick up, etc. They picked us up very early in the morning, on time, took us to the Cenote and spent a few hours there. We went there not knowing what to expect, but came back very happy (and tired), we had such an AMAZING experience that I'm willing to repeat in the future, we had so much with Sebi and his wife.. He is a very professional photographer, he and his team know what they are doing, and also the equipment they use is top notch. You will not regret, just go ahead and reserve your trash the dress photo shooting with Sebi. We just received the photos and they are great, we love with them. Having your wedding in Cancun and all of that is nice, good drinking, dancing, party, etc..., BUT, doing a trash the dress photo shooting at this cenote cristalino, is a complete, unique and unforgettable thing, that me and my wife will remember for the rest of our lives with a smile in our faces. We are really happy that we decided to do it last minute, and even happier that we had such an amazing photographer as Sebi!!!

Sent on 09/20/2018