Sandos Caracol Eco Resort Reviews

107 Reviews for Sandos Caracol Eco Resort

107 Sandos Caracol Eco Resort Reviews

Rebecca Hughes · Married on 09/18/2018

Amazing and amazing!!!

The wedding team at sandos there are no words to explain how fantastic they are. They went above and beyond and exceeded all our expectations. Gina from start to finish showed an amazing level of professionalism and support to myself and my husband. Anything that was within her power to help with she would and her eye for detail is amazing. Could not have been happier with our whole experience and everyone in our wedding party loved it so much they want to come back. From Gina and her team to hair and make up we had the world's most amazing wedding and k would 100% reccomend sandos to everyone.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 1
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 2

Shelley · Married on 08/04/2018

Anacaren was extremely helpful and professional when planning my wedding reception at Sandos Caracol. All staff were very friendly and we highly recommend this beautiful resort to others.

Gemma · Married on 07/26/2018

The wedding team at this hotel are amazing! Gina worked closely with me ensuring all our needs were met.
    Wonderful experience!
    Wonderful Lady!
    Nothing was to much!
    Spa makeup and hair were spot on, no need for a trial, these ladies work their magic ensuring you are happy.
    We chose this hotel purely for the wedding and I'm so glad we did.
    Romanza photography were brilliant - Marco put us at ease and was a great laugh too! Photos were perfect!

Thanks to you all! xx

Brittney · Married on 07/24/2018

If you are planning a destination wedding, look no further! This resort was everything we had hoped for. The wedding department was so easy to deal with and they made sure our day went off without a hitch. We couldn't have been more happy with the entire experience. Not only that, the resort kept every one of our guests happy and busy with so many different things to do. We can't wait to go back and visit!

Dawn · Married on 07/01/2018

Let me start by saying that our wedding was a dream come true! We were nervous because we were doing all the planning remotely from Texas via email to Mexico. I knew what I wanted everything to look like in my mind, but trying to create a vision over email seemed impossible. At Anacaren's suggestion, I began sending photos of weddings items I liked or had seen online. This was a huge help for both of us. Even my cake, was one I had seen in a wedding magazine. There are truly no words to describe the hard work and professionalism the Anacaren and Kiani showed in the planning and execution of our wedding. They went above and beyond our expectations in creating a magical dream wedding for us. They were both available from the beginning of the day till the last person left at the end of the night. Every detail was taken into consideration. I can't express enough how grateful we are to both of these women. They were amazing!

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 3
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 4

Janis · Married on 06/10/2018

Anacaren was our coordinator. She was perfect! The entire team, led by Kiani are fantastic. They work together seamlessly. We made a couple of small changes before the wedding and they handled our requests easily and very cooperatively. We used the onsite photographer and Francesco was amazing. The pictures are perfect! I would highly recommend this team and anyone considering getting married at the resort.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 5
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 6
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 7

Ryan · Married on 05/09/2018

Sandos Caracol with Kiani and Gina planning our wedding was fantastic! They completely surpassed all of our expectations. The venue was perfect and the ceremony went flawlessly. Couldn't be happier with our decision to get married here. Thank you Gina and Kiani!

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 8
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 9
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 10
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 11
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 12
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 13
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 14

Kaitlyn · Married on 04/22/2018

This resort is amazing for weddings. They have three venues or more to choose from. If you want classy, go with the rooftop, we did and we were amazed! Despite the fact that it was +40 degrees with the humidity on our wedding day, the rooftop provides a breezy, shady environment for both your ceremony and reception. The wedding team is super professional, efficient and they provide the best service! They made us feel so at ease with everything and took care of us like family. We can't say enough good things about Gina, Kiani and everybody else. If you want an amazing experience, seriously, book your wedding with them. Also, we don't have kids, but several of our group of wedding guests will be coming back to this resort within the next year with their children and family. Very kid friendly.

Gail · Married on 01/27/2018

From start to finish an amazing experience for our special day. Kiani and the wedding team could not do enough for us. Hassle free with a stunning location.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 15

Lauren · Married on 01/20/2018

Kiani Pittius- She has THE BEST team. I was so happy with my choice choosing this resort. Communication is slower. But you need to understand they have a wedding almost ev everyday. When we started communicating Kiani was VERY professional and her emails were very detailed. Our meeting 2 days before the wedding she was everything I pictured. She helped us with our last few decisions and gave us excellent advice. I gave her a picture of my idea for a boutique and she knocked it out of the water. It was perfect. The day of the wedding herself and her team made my dream wedding a reality. I would HIGHLY recommend this team! Thank you Kiani & Team.
    Justin & Lauren Delanghe
    January 20th, 2018

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 16
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 17
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 18
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 19
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 20

Steve · Married on 01/09/2018

My new wife and I cannot say enough good things about Kiani and her team. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with during the entire process. They responded to all of our emails. * I will note that at the start it can be a while between responses because they are dealing with the couples at the resort so don’t worry *
    The whole wedding was basically planned when we got there but we were still a little nervous because we had never planned anything like this. We met with Kiani 2 days before the wedding and she walked us through every single detail. She made suggestions but did not try to upsell us to anything we did not need. She was there for the entire ceremony, cocktail hour, introduction and start of dinner. She worked with all the other staff members to make sure everything went well. Our bartenders, DJ, officiant and photographer were amazing as well.
    We do not have a single negative thing to say about our Wedding. I would highly recommend Sandos as a travel destination and wedding venue.

Negar · Married on 12/28/2017

If there could be one word to describe my wedding day at Sandos Caracol it would be perfect. My husband and I have the resort’s wedding coordinator Kiani Pittius to thank for that. She was instrumental in making our dream wedding a reality.

From the moment we started corresponding online, she always provided me with detailed emails that helped guide us through the wedding planning process. Whenever I had questions, she answered them in great detail and used a separate font colour to keep things organized, which I appreciated.

We met with Kiani about two days prior to our big wedding day! She went over everything step by step, collected all the items we brought from Canada, double checked our music selection and reviewed how we wanted our ceremony and reception to go. Throughout it all, she gave us useful advice and tips. She suggested doing a sand ceremony, which was incredibly beautiful and memorable for not only us but also our guests. We actual forgot a stand for the vase that we needed to pour the sand into. Kiani got creative with what she had available and made us a beautiful stand using an old gift box.

I got ready at the spa. I brought a photo of how I wanted my hair and makeup done and that’s what I got! Juan Carlos did an amazing job with my up-do, and Perla did a fantastic job with my makeup. Perla gave me a very natural look that looked great in photos. A few of my guests who got their hair done with various people at the spa all came out incredibly happy with their wedding hairdos.

The day of the wedding could not have been more magical. Kiani had everything set out the way we envisioned it. She came to pick me up, had the cart decorated with flowers and made me feel comfortable and at ease. The beauty of the cenote and the wedding décor blew me away. She helped with my long train so I wouldn’t trip and made sure the wedding started off on the right note.

Jaime · Married on 11/25/2017

The Caribbean Fantasy Wedding at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort was an excellent choice for our needs and dreams as a couple to be married. Kiani & Anacaren were the perfect wedding planners and coordinators to make this adventure possible for us. They listened patiently to our requests and with admirable flexibility, respect, organization and punctuality made them all a reality. They were there for us accompanying us thru the process of selecting all the details for the wedding ceremony, the cocktail, and the reception. They allowed to do what we needed and wanted without rushing us while we complied with all the predetermined deadlines, which helped us to feel in control of the process but at the same time supported. They both personally and beautifully coordinated all of our activities and all the personnel that orchestrated our wedding party. Moreover, we wanted an experience that could be financially accessible while at the same time romantic, cozy, intimate, memorable, organized, punctual, flexible, personalized, and beautiful, and . We´ll be eternally grateful for them and all their effort and support for us and our loved ones since day one until the day we left the hotel after the wedding celebration. They will have a place in our hearts forever, Jaime & Geraldinne.

• Stacia

Stacia · Married on 11/25/2017

We got engaged 12/4/2016, Booked our date with Sandos on 12/31/16 and got married 11/25/2017.

The planning process was very simple for me, thanks to the wedding coordinator Kiani Pittius. As scary as it may seem to book a Destination Wedding from a different country, she made me feel so comfortable that I was in good hands from my first email to the day i left the resort.

I wrote a VERY long review you can find on facebook or trip advisor! Theres not enough room here.

Our stay at Sandos was great. We did have some room issues, and we had trouble at the front desk. Fortunately the wedding coordinator and assistants helped resolve any problems as they occurred. I felt like a princess the whole week.

We had our wedding meeting day 2 of arriving to mexico, 3 days before the wedding. We were there for about 3 hours. Kiani was SO patient with us. We went over everything and paid that day on our credit card. AnaCaren took us for a tour and explained how our entire day would go, and answered my 1000 questions. When we got there we told Kiani all of the issues we had dealt with with the rooms and she took care of everything and had the rooms adjusted. I don’t know if I would have been as happy with our stay at Sandos if it wasn’t for Kiani. We had a few other helpful staff members, but she went above and beyond for us and we are so grateful!

During my wedding I felt like the wedding coordinators AnaCaren and Kiani were my friends. They helped me feel comfortable when i was nervous, and I didn't lift a finger or worry about anything.

The reception was set up beautiful. I didn’t see it set up until I got up to my reception during her wedding and it was better than I imagined.

I would go back and do it over and over if I could! We had 41 guests and everyone completely had the time of their lives!

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 21
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 28
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 29
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 30

Gena · Married on 11/21/2017

We came with a group of 39 for one week stay November 18-25th. We married on the Tuesday 4pm at the cenote. The minister Christian was thoughtful and funny it took about 20 minutes which was perfect. We had our reception on the roof top terrace from 6pm till 9 pm and moved our cocktail hour to end of night from 9pm to -10 pm and extended the DJ for the last hour for an additional $150.00 it was well worth it as the dancing and celebrating went fast after dinner. Kiani and Anna and their whole team made the process go smoothly and stress free. The bar staff and wait staff at the wedding were fun and fast and incredibly professional too. We stayed in the adults only side and it was beautiful. Our rooms and scenery around us were perfect. The food at this resort is amazing and the drinks and service were worth every penny we spent to come here. Everyone at this resort made us feel so special as the bride and groom we would love to come back again in the future and we have yet to go to the same resort twice. Huge thank you to Kiani and Anna for their help the amazing work they do. Both these ladies deserve a raise and more time off as they work SOOO hard for the brides grooms and all their guests here. The entire Sandos team we thank you and appreciate all your hard work. Special shout out to Lety at the adults only pool area for taking all our drink orders and becoming a great friend to us and Roger the bell boy always getting us a ride on the carts to our room so kind, and our favourite server Rosie at the disco she makes the best drinks always smiling too !
    I would recommend this resort 10 times over to someone considering it not you typical place jungle feel with lots of amazing animals everywhere.

Keeley · Married on 11/16/2017

Kiani our wedding planner was fabulous! She pulled off every additional detail that was requested. She was organized and understanding.
    She made this Wedding Day amazing!!!

Jhenna · Married on 11/16/2017

This venue had something for all of the guests to do—from the kids club to fine dining—it met the needs of people from the age of 1-75. Great people, beautiful venue and Kiani is so experienced at weddings that she pulled this one off without a hitch! Very professional and capable of managing a wedding both big or small.

Corrina · Married on 11/16/2017

Sandos was an amazing place to have a wedding! Kiani was fantastic at making sure every detail was taken care of! The venue was spectacular & the professionalism that was displayed by all who were involved was above & beyond my expectations. The staff made sure that everything ran smoothly for the wedding. I was extremely impressed with Kiani & the staff at the Sandos. What a fantastic experience!

Levi · Married on 11/12/2017

Kiani.... where to begin. From the first meeting with her it was obvious that she loves her job and tries her hardest to make everything you want become a reality. The venue was good, but more importantly was the coordinator . Her overall caring and willingness to make sure that the wedding was flawless was breathtaking. We couldn't have asked for a better person to be by our side on our special day. Kiani was the best from beginning to end and even wanted to meet with us afterwards to be sure we were happy with the outcome. The down pouring rain and drunken family members did not stop her. Kiani and her team were quick to adapt and kept us updated throughout. And again, thank you for a wonderful wedding !

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 31

James · Married on 11/01/2017

Kiani and her team put together a perfect day for my beautiful bride and I. They pulled out all the stops and made it so easy we were actually concerned something must have slipped past us. But no, from set-up to driving us around for photos to serving our guests champagne and setting up a very special dinner the team at Sandos Caracol left us speechless.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 32

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2017

My new husband and I are so happy we chose Sandos Caracol. Kiani and her team of wedding coordinators were efficient, organized and overall pleasant. They were quick to respond to emails in the days leading up to the wedding and extremely helpful once we were there. They even met me in the salon during my hair appointment to pick up a bag of decorations that I had forgot to give to them. They worked with me to organize group dinners, were flexible with scheduling and even helped with my one-off requests like circling exact event locations on the resort map so I could buy snapchat filters. I never once felt uneasy or unsure because they were so professional and responsive. The venue itself is gorgeous and affordable. We had 65 guests from the US and we've heard rave reviews from everyone. The mariachi (an extra charge) were fantastic, as was the DJ, the photographer and the videographer. I have zero complaints and am amazed at how smooth everything was! 5 stars all around!

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 33
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 40
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 41
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 42

Cassia · Married on 05/16/2017

We chose to get merry on the top roof terrace and we use the beach for the coquetel and we were back to the terrace for reception! We had special request and on the last min Kiani made her magic and everything that we wanted heppened. It was definetely the best day of our lifes. All the guests were impress and had a great time! We also used the photografy service and the pictures were amazing! I had nothing to complain about it. Beautiful decor, flowers, amazing food with options for vegetarians and allergies, special drinks very responsable and professional staff! you Kiani and Sandos! We want to go back to celebrate our 1 year anniversary!

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 43

Aleksey · Married on 09/21/2016

The first factor that drew us to this resort was the price point of their packages---considerably more affordable compared to similar quality resorts. The second important factor was the atmosphere and scenery of the resort. Sandos Caracol had the warm, jungle feel to it that we were looking for as opposed to the modern, concrete-palace look that many contemporary resorts are going for these days. The resort offered a good variety of wedding venues (cenote, beach, gazebo, terrace) but the rooftop terrace was by far the best in our opinion. It was located steps away from the beach, offered the best scenery for the ceremony & reception, and was away from the busiest part of the resort. Additionally, the packages they offer can be modified in many ways to suit your particular wants/needs (read: very flexible).

Our wedding coordinator, Andrea, did an outstanding job at getting everything in order for us. She was very friendly, knowledgeable, and made herself always available to us in order to answer our questions and to meet our needs as they came up. To name a few things, she arranged for there to be transportation for us and many of our guests from their rooms to the wedding venue (across the length of the entire resort for some), helped schedule our rehearsal dinner, assisted us with setting up our own decor, but most importantly she was always present throughout our event to ensure everything went smoothly.

The onsite photography vendor also did an excellent job. Their pricing was very reasonable but the photos were especially well done. The photographer was friendly and did a great job of directing us and our guests in the shots. We ended up upgrading our photo package once we saw the photos the following day!

Overall, we couldn't have hoped for a better wedding experience!

Ryan · Married on 09/19/2016

Venue and hotel was very nice, staff were very friendly and helpfull. Wedding planning was very accommodating and helpful, very friendly. Very pleased we decided to have our wedding with them

Milena · Married on 07/28/2016

When I heard a month before my wedding I was getting a new coordinator, I was nervous. Having said that, I met Andrea and all of my worries disappeared. Andrea and her assistant did an AMAZING job. I seriously cannot thank them enough. The staff was fantastic. Carmen, who did my hair and makeup at Sandos Caracol spa was also amazing. Thank you Andrea and the wedding team, you made our day incredible. :)