Sandos Caracol Eco Resort Reviews

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 4
Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 5
  • Martha

Martha Espinoza · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Lulu and Kiani were amazing!!!!

Lulu and Kiani were the absolute best wedding coordinators ever. The resort had everything that every guest wanted, activities for both children and adults, good food, and good service. The wedding was amazing. They took care of all the details exactly the way I wanted. They went above and beyond and relocated the wedding back on the beach after it stopped raining. I can't thank these ladies enough for how they took care of us and were so patient with us. I would recommend this venue and this team to everyone.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Christine

Christine Jakshøj Sangha · Getting married on 06/04/2020

Amazing & Unique venue

I was married at Sandos Eco Caracol in April 2019. This was a magical and unforgettable wedding.

We had a relatively large group for the resort ~130 guests, but Kiani (the wedding coordinator) was amazing and worked with us so well. Our group was a mix between adults and kids and the resort had something for everyone. 24 hour bars, adults only areas and a waterpark among some of the things.
    We wanted a laid back wedding on the beach and we couldn't have asked for anywhere more perfect or better.

The resort is not your typical resort because of the Eco focus. This means there is so much lovely jungle and vegetation that makes for great photos.
    The spa did the makeup and hair for myself and all of my bridesmaids we all looked great.
    The florist was great too. All the bouquets and centerpieces looked amazing.
    I had originally ordered a wrong flower hairpiece, but Kiani and the florist changed it on the day off the wedding within 30 minutes.
    And apart from that nothing went wrong at all (at least not to my knowledge)
    We arrived on a Monday with our wedding being Thursday.
    Tuesday morning we met with Kiani and walked through all the details as well as we did a walk-through of all of the different locations: for our first look, for our ceremony and the reception.
    This was really nice as we had done all the planning from thousands of miles away and seeing everything and hearing the details made it all worth while.

I cannot say anything bad about the wedding or the wedding planners, really. It was perfect and completely exceeded our expectations.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 6
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 7
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 8
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 9
    Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Seb

Seb T · Getting married on 05/04/2020

Perfect Wedding

Sandos Caracol offers a truly special location for a wedding, along with activities for your whole group. The staff was extremely helpful, and Anacaren really took care of our wedding. Not only was she understanding of our needs, she also made sure that the wedding went without a single problem. I'll just say that one again... The wedding went without any problems, thanks to Anacaren.

We chose to have the ceremony on the Cenote, and we were glad we did. It's a gorgeous, magical place, and the pictures are unreal. We strongly recommend the Cenote, as there is almost no wind, and is kind of private.

We then had a cocktail on the rooftop of the hotel, which has an amazing view of the ocean. It's a modern place, and although the Mexican trio (optional) was expensive, it was definitely worth it. The music was good, the cocktails were delicious, and the appetizers were phenomenal.

The dinner was tasty and gastronomic. The waiters were professional, and the DJ was good.

We were nervous about hiring the Sandos Caracol photographer company, "Romanza". But oh boy, let me tell you something. It is absolutely worth it. We ended up with pictures taken in 8 different locations on the resort, and the final product is more than professional. We ended up sending some pictures to the company that made the wedding dress for them to put on their website...

Again, we are extremely happy to have chosen Sandos Caracol and their staff to take care of our wedding. It was perfect. Thank you Sandos Caracol.

Sent on 04/29/2019

Rosie and Abram Estrada · Married on 11/11/2019

Amazing !!!

I want to thank you so much for all of your help coordinating the wedding! Everything went amazingly well that day and I cannot express how appreciative we are for everything that you guys did for us! You have a hard job and you both do it very well! I will be sure to recommend you to others in the future!

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 10
    Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Ivan

Ivan Pimentel · Married on 11/10/2019

Boda 10 y 11 de Octubre

Soy wedding planner en la ciudad de puebla y organice junto con el Hotel una boda el pasado 10 y 11 de Octubre. Y el staff de bodas se portaron increíble conmigo y mis clientes. Me aplanaron muchísimo el camino, el trato y la accesibilidad al evento fue increíble. En especial a la coordinadora Lulu Cerda que se desvivió por el evento se puso la camiseta y atendió a todas y cada una las necesidades que surgieron. De igual modo a Ana Caren que sin ser la coordinadora principal nos ayudo muchísimo en la realización del mismo. De verdad que es toda una experiencia llevar una boda aquí, agradezco todo el apoyo para realizar un muy buen evento, todas las facilidades y claro que invitare a futuros clientes a vivir esta experiencia de boda en Sandos Caracol. Gracias de verdad a todo el equipo de bodas se llevan mis aplausos de pie. De corazón gracias.
    Ivan Pimentel

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 11/04/2019

Paradise all around

After searching through an entire encyclopedia of resorts, we came across this one... and glad we did. It literally has something for everyone! If you are a family... it has animals wondering throughout resort, amazing watermark, and a fantastic kids club! And for those who want to get away from the kiddos for awhile, the resort has an adults only section, and restaurants have revolving adults only dining too. The service is also amazing! My wedding coordinator Anacaren was my fairy godmother from the first email, to the night of our reception dinner. She is truly amazing ( and professional and kind ! ). The room staff were amazing and got all the sand out of my wedding dress ( found it hanging over shower door full of sand from trash the dress shoot... came back it was clean ; didn’t even ask her to do that!? ). Do yourself a favor... book this resort!!

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 11
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 24
    Sent on 11/16/2019

Chrissy Custer · Married on 10/25/2019

Best wedding ever

My husband & I got married at Sandos Eco Caracol. We had the best time & our wedding was PERFECT. Kiani, Omar & the rest of the wedding team blew us away with the entire experience. I can honestly say our wedding was the best day or our lives. We are so grateful for the entire experience & would recommend visiting this beautiful resort

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 25
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 26
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 27
    Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Vivian

Vivian · Married on 10/20/2019

Sandos Caracol Dream Wedding

Everything about our destination wedding at Sandos Caracol was perfect from start to finish! I found Sandos Caracol Eco Resort through destinationweddings.com and was sold on their wedding package prices, which include basically all you need. About 3 months before the wedding, Kiani contacted me and we began the planning! She asked all the right questions, step by step, without being overwhelming. She was so patient with us as we sometimes took a while to answer back and she was always helpful and answered all our questions. Once we finally met with her at the resort a couple days before, it was a relief to know that all of the planning was taken care of. I wanted a stress free, beautiful wedding day and Kiani and her team gave us exactly that. They literally made our wedding dreams come true! It could not have been more perfect! The ceremony site on the beach was stunning, the reception on the rooftop was amazing and all the little details came together perfectly. The servers, bartenders and staff were great and the DJ was so much fun! We didn’t want to stop dancing! We could not have been happier and we would definitely recommend them for anyone’s wedding. Thank you Kiani and team! You all are amazing!

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 28
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 36
    Sent on 10/30/2019

Michael Poffel · Married on 09/07/2019

We love Sandos Caracol Eco Resort

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort was a dream to deal with. The wedding team took care of us from beginning to end. If you want a beautiful wedding with a lot less stress of planning and to not spend an outrageous amount of money. You’ll find it here at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort. Location is beautiful, our FREE wedding planner was wonderful, the food was tasty with beautiful presentation and all of our guests (46) had a great time. I would absolutely consider this resort if you’re looking for the perfect destination wedding with out a premium price. Love Sandos Caracol Eco Resort!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Michael Poffel · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful Experience!

Our wedding coordinator Lulu took great vare of us from beginning to end. We vacationed there a couple years ago and after a few drinks we stumbled in to Kianni's office and grabbed a wedding booklet. Two years later we got married there! Lulu and Kianni are gracious and nice and helped us GET ORGANIZED! We had a wonderful, STRESS FREE experience at out wedding and because of them we ACTUALLY ENJOYED our time on our happiest day! The plated food was delicious with beautiful presentation! We will come back to Sandos many times as we do love the earth friendly hotel, atmosphere and the people!!!
    -Mike P

Sent on 10/15/2019

Kristen Kitamura · Married on 07/04/2019

Incredible!

Sandos Caracol and the wedding team made our wedding INCREDIBLE! Omar (our coordinator) made sure everything was perfect! It was smooth sailing! Omar is a pleasure to work with, we always had a smile on our faces after speaking with him! Sandos Caracol stoke our hearts!

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 37
    Sent on 09/04/2019
  • rylee

rylee · Married on 05/26/2019

Too Perfect!

I’d highly recommend this vendor to anyone. The planning process is simple, the crew is professional, fast at reponding, and accommodates all our needs and wants with no issues. We also get to have a vacation as well as a wedding all in one at such a beautiful location. I couldn’t be happier to marry my high school sweetheart at Sandos Caracol Eco resort.

Sent on 02/04/2019
  • Brian

Brian Vogel · Married on 05/25/2019

Brenna and Brian's Wedding Review

Brenna and I had a wonderful wedding experience. I'm sure we weren't the easiest couple to deal with as we had some specific requests for our wedding, but Kiani and her team did an outstanding job creating an unforgettable day for us.

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Tom

Tom McFadden · Married on 05/18/2019

"The best wedding I've ever been to, and it was mine!"

We recently had our wedding at Sandos Caracol and we couldn't be happier. Here's a breakdown of what we experienced:

The Venues: We had our ceremony on the cenote, one of the most unique and stunningly gorgeous places you'll ever see. All of our guests were blown away by the setting. Highly recommended. Crystal clear fresh water surrounded by tropical trees. We had our reception on the rooftop deck, which overlooks the ocean and provides a perfect breeze to keep things cool. It too was stunningly beautiful, and to put the icing on the cake, a full moon rose above us as the reception got going. It was truly perfect.

The wedding team: Kiani Pittius was our wedding coordinator, and she was nothing short of fantastic. Everything we asked for sure was able to provide. For instance, Margot wanted a bouquet that was made up of specific greens and flowers that weren't part of the "pre-set" bouquet options. Kiani contacted the florist and got exactly what we were looking for, and it came out even more beautiful than we expected. She was even able to garnish the wedding arch with the same combination of flowers and greenery. As a nervous groom, I forgot a bunch of stuff. The rings, for one, in my room. Kiani calmed my nerves and told me not to worry, that she would take care of it, and she did.

The food: The food was great! Far outpaced my expectations for an all-inclusive in Mexico. There were lots of choices available, and Kiani and team were able to produce Vegan options for some of our guests.

The Resort: The resort was fantastic, with wild monkeys and coatis running all over the place. The staff and service are great, and the various locales in the jungle, on the beach and in-between made for a rich experience for all who attended.

Getting married in Mexico: DONT WORRY ABOUT A THING! Kiani and team are true pros, and while you'll have to wait until you get there to nail down the final plans, you can set your mind at ease because everything gets done, just the way you want it. The contact can be a little bit lagged before you get there, but I realized once we arrived that it didn't matter at all. The other big bonus of having a destination wedding, that we didn't really realize before we actually did it, is that you get to spend time with all of your guests prior to the wedding, as everyone is typically there a couple of days early. This allowed us to spend our wedding dancing and having fun, instead of walking from table to table to specifically say hello to everyone. Oh, and add that to the fact that your friends and family are all on vacation together!

Value: Fantasic. We had a legendary wedding for a fraction of the cost of a wedding here at home.

The overall experience: I'll sum it up like this—more than once during the wedding, Margot looked at me and said "This is the best wedding I've ever been to, and it's mine!" That pretty much explains it all.

I highly recommend Sandos Caracol, and Kiani Pittius for your wedding. We want to get married again there next year (can you do that?)

- Tom and Margot McFadden

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Alleah

Alleah · Married on 05/04/2019

Best place ever

Where do I begin!? We researched dozens of resort to to find a place that we could envision our wedding at. We ultimately went with Sandos for a few reason: they are super gay friendly (No they are NOT a gay resort, they are just accommodating to gay weddings which is not the case for all resorts in Mexico, the cost of the wedding package was reasonable, and the resort itself is beautiful and eco friendly.
    We had a party of 22 and other than a few small issues at check in all 22 guest were beyond happy with the accommodations, food, and resort (they are a opinionated group so they would tell us otherwise lol). After we booked our rooms and wedding, about 2-3 months prior Kiani and Anacaren the wedding coordinators contacted us. Anacaren was our main contact and she was wonderful. She kept in consistent and constant contact with us. By the time we actually got to the resort she knew everything there was to know about our wedding and didn’t miss a beat on anything. After meeting her in person and sitting down to confirm everything I felt so confident in the resort and her ability to create exactly what I wanted. The day of the wedding, their team was with us both every step of the way and couldn’t have been more accommodating and helpful. Everything from the hair and make up spa staff to the servers and bartenders- everyone was great. They delivered beyond my expectations and would not hesitate to recommend this resort for anyone looking for a destination wedding venue. I can honestly say I left with zero complaints.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 43
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 44
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 45
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 46
    Sent on 05/19/2019

Danielle A Eng · Married on 05/02/2019

A DREAM! Perfect, Seamless, and Beautiful!!

Absolutely no need to worry- Kiani has your back! Kiani was the BEST wedding planner and went above and beyond what a wedding planner normally does to make our stay seamless. Not only did she plan the most beautiful wedding for us, she ensured our group had the most ideal and fun itinerary possible for the entire VACATION! No one is ever going to forget this wedding or trip. Everyone bonded together, laughed together, and shed so many happy tears together. A memory like this was beyond pricelss. Kiani is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend her and Sandos Caracol Resort to a million bride-to-be's.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 47
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 59
    Sent on 06/07/2019

Kristy · Married on 04/25/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

The best experience for customer service of my life. Gina and Kiani went above and beyond for us.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Danielle&konrad · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing service

We had an amazing experience. The wedding was everything I wanted and much much more. Anything we wanted well we were down they the handled right away.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 60
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 61
    Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Adam

Adam Gauthier · Married on 04/02/2019

Great Service

We had a great experience dealing with the wedding team at Sandos Caracol. They brought all our ideas to life and made our wedding day amazing! Diana always responded to questions promptly during the planning process and Gina was great at finalizing all the details once we arrived and really went above and beyond in getting us a room upgrade for the the bridal party to get ready in for the wedding day. The day of was fantastic and everything looked beautiful. Diana was great at making everything go smoothly on the day of!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Alison Galarneau · Married on 02/25/2019

Beautiful wedding

Our wedding at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort was so beautiful and perfect, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. Down to our amazing wedding planner, Anacaren, to the beautiful resort, it was the perfect place to get married. We got married at the cenote and our guests raves that it was the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever attended. The officiant Christian did an awesome job with our wedding vows. Our reception was perfect as well, the food was excellent, the venue was amazing and we loved our DJ.
    If you’re planning a destination wedding, I would highly recommend Sandos Caracol Eco Resort.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 62
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 63
    Sent on 03/15/2019
  • Tia

Tia Luker-Putra · Married on 02/08/2019

A wedding in paradise

We got married this past weekend and it was the most wonderful day of our lives. Between the service, our wedding planner Gina(and Kiani!), the resort, the scenery, hair &make up (especially Perla and Ana) and photography.. we couldn't be happier! Over the months of planning, we were in touch with Gina and other staff of Sandos to organize everything. When we arrived, we met with everyone to make final decisions. They were flexible on location (split between the gazebo and the terrace - a perfect balance of beach and class!) and met every need we had. As a same sex couple, they were sure to cater to our needs as two brides, which made it even more wonderful(we found them through gaydestinationweddings.com. Kim and Janice helped us choose the resort!). They took everything one step farther to make sure we felt special and celebrated. Our family and friends (we were 30) all raved about the myriad of activities and places to eat and relax, so everyone got to have a great vacation too. (Just one piece of advice: make sure everyone has the same kind of bracelet so you can all access the same areas of the resort if everyone dining together for meals is important to you!) It was so amazing and we would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 64
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 65
    Sent on 02/10/2019

Shauna Mcmillan · Married on 02/02/2019

Wedding in Paradise

even though our wedding was small - 27 people, Annacarin and the staff made us feel that we were as important as a big wedding. Wedding locations were excellent, minister was fantastic, venue setup amazing, food and booze very good. Nothing negative to say.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Christy Delaney · Married on 01/26/2019

Amazing Beach Wedding!

The wedding team at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort helped us have a beautiful wedding day in gorgeous Playa del Carmen. Carefully planned to detail, it couldn't have gone any better. My husband and I absolutely loved it and all my guests enjoyed our wedding weekend at the Resort. Highly recommended!!!

Sent on 04/09/2019

Nina Tiberi Sawica · Married on 01/16/2019

The wedding team at Sandos Caracol Eco Resort brought our wedding dreams to life!

We could not be more pleased with the experience we had working with Gina and Kiani at Sandos Caracol. Every detail and request was discussed and could not have been in better hands. My husband and I are so grateful for the outstanding service we received and how Gina and Kiani were there every step of the way. We cannot recommend this outstanding team enough!

Thank you for bringing even more joy to the happiest day of our lives. This hardworking team made our wedding dreams come true.

Love, The Sawicas

Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 66
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 67
    Sandos Caracol Eco Resort 68
    Sent on 01/17/2019

Esteban G Barraza · Married on 01/11/2019

Beautiful Wedding Resort!

We had our wedding at Sandos and it was just perfect! The resort is huge and there is so much to do and see. Our family loved it and are even considering going back for a second vacation. We got married on the rooftop and everything was just amazing. The food was delicious (mexican buffet), the setup was beautiful, and our wedding coordinator Diana Palomino was sooooo helpful and organized. From day one she was very responsive in her emails and followed through on everything. She was friendly and caring and we felt comfortable planning our wedding from Chicago. We were hesitant at first because we didn't know what to expect, but we are so glad we chose Sandos and our wedding day was flawless. Thank you to Diana and the whole Sandos team for all their hard work and dedication to making our special day unforgettable!

Sent on 01/30/2019