Sablée Reviews

Sablée 7
  • Kat

Kat · Married on 06/28/2019

Beautiful and delicious

The cake was perfect and everyone loved it! Taste was amazing, we had red velvet with cream cheese filling and champagne with wild strawberry filling. Great service from the tasting to the end!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Brooke · Married on 02/17/2019

The best cakes in Charleston. Period.

First off, Monica is PHENOMENAL. Not only is she such a joy to work with, her cakes are second to none. We tried tasting boxes from other highly ranked bakeries in Charleston and they were - no joke - some of the worst cakes we'd ever tasted. I am extremely picky when it comes to cake, as I bake a fair amount myself, so when we were in the area last fall shortly after the hurricane and had an impromptu meeting with Monica where we bought some treats that were made several days prior and they were still some of the best desserts we'd ever tasted, we knew Sablee was the right bakery for our wedding. Monica even shipped us a tasting box since we do not live in Charleston; due to the Thanksgiving holiday, there was over a week between when she baked the cupcakes and when we tasted them. They were STILL amazing- moist, flavors were on point, and we loved a second flavor so much that we also hired her for a groom's cake for the rehearsal dinner. Our guests loved the cake - as did we - and it was decorated so perfectly for our theme. We cannot wait for our first anniversary to have our top tier.

Sent on 04/07/2019
    Sablée 8
  • Charles

Charles Nicholson · Married on 12/30/2018

Best Wedding Cake and Cupcakes Ever!!!

This is no mere bakery. It is a magical place where works of art blend with amazing tastes. The cupcakes at our wedding were beyond delicious. They were as beautiful to look at as they were divine to eat. Our cake was an absolute work of art. However, it demolished the old idea of a beautiful wedding cake that tasted just okay. It was so incredible! Working with Monica was an absolute delight! We are customers for life!

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Sablée 9
    Sablée 10

Hannah P · Married on 11/04/2018

Our Wedding Cake was Perfect!

We loved working with Monica on our dream wedding cake. It was honestly so hard to pick our flavors because they all tasted delicious. Our wedding cake turned out amazing and also tasted so good. Monica also assisted us in having gluten free dessert items for some of our guests, and made the most amazing gluten free cookies. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding cake and a better person to work with. Thank you Monica!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Karen · Married on 02/24/2018

Monica was so easy to work with, very professional. The cake turned out exactly as I had envisioned... simple, yet beautiful. It was also so mouthwatering delicious!

Sent on 03/24/2018

Katie · Married on 02/16/2018

Our cake was perfection! Beautiful on the outside and delicious on the inside. Our guests raved about how good it was!
    My groom and I stood there and ate the whole slice instead of just a first bite. We were determined to have our cake & eat it too!
    Thanks so much Monica!

Sent on 02/23/2018

Melissa Romeo · Married on 01/31/2018

Delicious wedding cake

Beautiful and delicious hummingbird cake. Exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Latonya · Married on 10/24/2017

Monica provide exceptional service from the moment that we met her for our tasting until the day of the wedding. My husband and I had two different styles I wanted a naked or partial naked cake and he wanted all buttercream and she helped us create a beautiful in between style. She even included our rose gold accent color. The cake itself was delicious. We kept ours simple with just vanilla and lemon cake and our guest devoured it. I would definitely recommend Monica and Sablée over and over again!!

Sent on 11/19/2017
    Sablée 11
    Sablée 12
    Sablée 13
    Sablée 14

Julie · Married on 10/15/2017

Monica made it so easy to figure out wedding cake plan for my niece Katie and her new husband Michael, even though I live in Seattle and had to make decisions from afar. The cake was exactly what we wanted...beautiful and delicious. amazing carrot cake!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Avigail · Married on 10/08/2017

Monica's cakes are phenomenal - our guests were raving about how beautiful the cake was, and how amazing it tasted. Monica herself is incredibly friendly and very responsive - even though we were planning a destination wedding, working with Monica was very easy. Highly recommend! We were sold after the first bite during our tasting :-)

Sent on 10/26/2017

Heather · Married on 04/08/2017

You can't do better than Sablee
    Monica's cakes are as delicious as they are beautiful and she is a delight to work with. I lost count of the number of people at my daughter's wedding who told me that the cake was the best they'd ever had! Thank you, Monica!

Sent on 04/10/2017

Stephanie · Married on 03/25/2017

Monica did my wedding cake and a special Citadel themed groom's cake. They both looked and tasted amazing. My cake was seriously a work of art, with a partially naked icing design, brushed on gold, and painted on blush colors in a watercolor design. It was one of my most favorite parts of the wedding. We did lemon, red velvet and carrot cake. All the guests raved about the flavors and not a single piece was left. Monica herself is so sweet and has an amazing talent. We did a tasting (she does cupcakes of each with the filling for the cake layers in the middle) and I decided I wanted to try two more flavors so she made me a to-go tasting box to pick up later that week. I also changed the size of the cake, and added in the groom's cake later on, and she was more than accommodating. I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 04/02/2017

Katherine · Married on 03/04/2017

Monica of Sablée was an absolute joy to work with. She let us use our family heirloom cake stand, and was so accommodating when I couldn't choose a cake flavor (we ended up deciding on 3)! I highly recommend Monica for any cake/dessert needs.

Sent on 03/12/2017

Kathleen · Married on 01/22/2017

Monica created us our dream cake. Though very simple it was amazing! We chose two different flavors for different tiers but everyone at the wedding raved about it! I have even had someone mention to me they recently had cake at a wedding made by someone you literally have to book Years out and is terribly expensive, she had my cake at my wedding and said it was sooooo much better than that other cake. Thank you again Monica, you are so easy to work with and make beautiful amazing cakes!

Sent on 02/12/2017
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/30/2016

The cakes (both wedding and groom's cake) turned out perfect. I wanted something very simple and elegant for the wedding cake and Monica came up with the perfect design. Flowers and ribbon were used for decoration and the taste was outstanding. I was so happy with how all of it turned out and would definitely recommend her. She was easy to work with, accommodating and had great quality work.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Alexa · Married on 10/23/2016

Monica was so sweet and easy to work with. We had a super quick tasting and very easily picked our favorite flavor - green tea honey cake with peach ginger filling. Monica hand-delivered our cake to the venue. It was a beautiful, delicious cake and everyone loved it!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Christine · Married on 10/14/2016

Monica was an absolute pleasure to work with and she created the most beautiful and delicious wedding cake, cake pops and macaroons for my wedding on October 14th!! The cake was GORGEOUS! She hand-painted the bottom tier gold and it was truly beautiful and amazingly delicious!! I can't even tell you how many people came up to me and said it was the best cake they have ever had!!! Same thing with the cake pops and macaroons!! I highly recommend Sablee to everyone!!! My husband and I will definitely be returning customers!! Thanks so much Monica! :)

Sent on 10/26/2016

Kristin · Married on 10/01/2016

Our wedding cake was GORGEOUS - Monica did an absolutely amazing job! We had such a great time at the tasting (one of my husband's favorite parts of the wedding planning process); the only tricky part was to decide which of the flavors to go with because we liked all of them! There was such an amazing variety of unique flavors to chose from. We had such a great experience and would highly recommend Sablee!

Sent on 10/18/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/04/2016

Sablee Desserts in West Ashley is a fabulous choice for your wedding desserts! We worked directly with the owner/chef Monica and she was wonderful. I first emailed an inquiry with my initial questions and thoughts about what I wanted for my cake. She replied right away and gave me great advice! I sent her several pictures of other cakes that I liked and she was able to get the sense of what I wanted. When we had our cake tasting she was very sweet and listened to all our comments. We like two choices so much that we ended up having both flavors on the different tiers of our cake. She also worked directly with our florist to have flowers inserted on the tiers. The groom's cake was also fabulous!! She made a replica of a rainbow trout because my husband loves to fly-fish. Both cakes turned out exactly the way we hoped and looked gorgeous. You won't be disappointed with Monica!

Sent on 11/08/2016

The cake for our wedding from Monica at Sablee was absolutely perfect - Monica totally got the look and design we were after, and hit the nail on the head with the cake! We loved every detail of our wedding; but the cake was a total highlight!! It was so stunning, lots of natural beauty that we were after, and it was SO delicious to boot! Monica has an amazing talent, everyone loved the cake. It was so light - both the sponge and the feather light icing we were after, she is a total pro. She is also a lovely person to deal with and incredibly responsive and professional. I couldn't recommend her more highly - she will make you the cake of your dreams.

Sent on 06/02/2016

Monica is not only incredibly talented, she is wonderful to work with!! She created our delicious and gorgeous wedding cake and groom's cake and 100% matched our vision - the flavors were absolutely incredible and the guests said it melted in their mouths! She also created four mini desserts for us as part of a "home state" theme, and made each one so thoughtfully with authentic ingredients and careful attention to every element and detail. We cannot thank you enough, Monica!!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Penny · Married on 05/20/2016

Monica was such a pleasure to work with! We had a great tasting and she was so accommodating dealing with our dietary issues. She made the top tier Gluten Free which actually turned out to be my favorite. Thank for our beautiful cake and making it so easy to work with you from afar.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Kayla · Married on 04/30/2016

I rate Monica as the best Charleston baker! Not only did she create a flawless gorgeous design for our cake, she also made the best tasting cake we've ever had. I had guests tell me they asked for more slices because they could not get enough!

Sent on 05/02/2016

Monica was so attentive and our cake came out absolutely wonderful! It was both beautiful and delicious and we received so many compliments from our guests.

Sent on 05/19/2016