RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY Reviews

62 | Westfield, IN

62 Reviews for RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY

Aaron Lutkowitz · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazing photographer, cared about capturing emotions

Rachael is an awesome photographer and a great person. We had several goals, all of which she over-delivered on: (1) capture emotions and people more than things; (2) take photos that capture the moment as it is, with minimal 'special effects' / filters; (3) make sure we're comfortable in front of the camera.
    We always knew we were safe on (1) and (2) - all of Rachael's portfolio reflect these goals.
    (3) was the most surprising and awesome - Rachael made us very comfortable during our engagement shoot and continued that positivity, trust, and reassurance throughout the wedding. The photos from both sessions (which include free black-and-white copies of each photo) turned out amazingly well, in large part because we were so comfortable with her taking photos of us, even in close quarters. We're so happy to have these memories documented forever in such a high-quality way.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Chelsea · Married on 09/29/2018

Talented, personable, professional

Rachael was stellar on every level - responsive to our questions before hiring, eager to know our preferences and made accommodations in response to them, imaginative/creative in the sessions themselves, delivered a beautiful product in a timely manner...the list goes on. What I found especially impressive on our wedding day, was how she adapted her style and instruction from our portraits to the group family photos.. she can easily navigate large groups and capture intimate couple moments.

Before we hired Rachael, a consistent theme from wedding-planning voices was that your relationship with your photographer is one of the most important, because you spend a significant portion of the day with them, and their business model relies not only their product, but on their rapport with you, more than any other vendor. We were so happy to have a photographer we trusted, which freed us to just enjoy the day and let Rachael take the lead when needed, or excel in the background. Rachael is an artist and a friend! Thank you for everything.

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Carlye

Carlye · Married on 04/07/2018

Professional, organized and creative

We loved using Rachael for our wedding photography! She was very professional and detail-oriented. She was especially helpful with figuring out the timeline and making sure that we got all the shots we “had to have” for our wedding day. The prints turned out fantastic and we are so grateful for all the memories she captured for us.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Martha · Married on 10/01/2016

As soon as we had our initial call with Rachael, my husband and I knew we wanted to work with her for our wedding. A quick call turned into a 45 minute conversation about not only photography and our wedding, but also shared interests and experiences in the Washington DC area. Neither my husband nor I are naturally comfortable in front of a camera, but Rachael really made us feel at ease while being photographed during our engagement shoot, which was part of the package we selected. She was able to work within our budget and was incredibly responsive and helpful as we planned out where we wanted to take photos on the day of our wedding (we did a first look in Old Town, Alexandria VA followed by ceremony and reception at the Torpedo Factory).
    Rachael made the day of photography process and fun, special, and exciting for everyone involved (including a large family and fairly rowdy wedding party) while taking very excellent photos. She was able to handle the logistics of juggling a big group of people around Alexandria while also effortlessly dealing with some last minute surprises and changes in plans due to weather and public space closures without showing any signs of stress, which really kept us feeling calm!
    Rachael is professional but also fun and captures amazing photographs without feeling intrusive. Working with her felt like a very natural and seamless part of our wedding day and we wouldn't want to have worked with anyone else!

Sent on 10/19/2016

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Gosh, you are just too kind! I absolutely loved working with you and being part of your wedding day. You two and all your friends and family were so welcoming and fun-loving. You really made my job easy. Thanks again for trusting me to capture your wedding day.

Alex · Married on 08/27/2016

Rachael was great to work with. She was the obvious choice from the start, great portfolio of pictures and very responsive and detail orientated from the get go. She did a great job not only taking pictures, but was also very involved in actually planning the timeline to make sure we got all the pictures we wanted. We would highly recommend Rachael.

Sent on 12/12/2016

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you, Alex! I'm so glad I could be helpful in your wedding planning process. I love all the photos of you two. It was such a beautiful day.

Caitlin · Married on 06/17/2016

I would tell any bride that Rachael is not only a photographer with an eye to see beauty and an ability to capture it (though she possesses those qualities in spades), she also is a photographer who gives you peace in the midst of what can be a stressful -- albeit wonderful! -- day. Rachael served as more than a photographer -- she helped remind me what true mattered. And she is able to do this because of her big vision for photography. Her vision is what makes her photos beautiful, what makes her heart so warm, and her business so professional. I couldn't recommend Rachael highly enough!

Sent on 12/07/2016

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Caitlin, thank you so much! You and your wonderful wedding day will stay with me forever. Wishing you lots of love!

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2016

Rachael was amazing. She put in a lot of time to make sure the pictures you wanted were captured. She is very thorough, we did a walk through several weeks before the wedding which planned for rain or shine. She has great umbrellas in case it does rain, those became my favorite photos! She is excellent with kids, the flower girls and their moms loved her! She really has a great way of capturing the emotion of the day with her very flattering candids, the photos look natural and genuine which is exactly what you want for your wedding!

Sent on 12/22/2016

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you so much, Jen! I had a wonderful time with you and all your wedding party. I do love kids :) So glad you loved the photos with the umbrellas--they are some of my favorites too!

We are so lucky to have hired Rachael! She made our engagement photo session such fun, had the perfect artistic eye for the two locations at which we shot, and even put up with our dog through most of it. Our pictures turned out wonderfully, and we can't wait to see what she has in store for our wedding photos!

Update: We were thrilled to continue working with Rachael for our wedding. She went above and beyond for us. She was well-prepared in the weeks leading up to the wedding -- which I very much appreciated as a big planner. The week before our wedding she met us to plan a wonderful walk through Old Town, which we were ultimately unable to take advantage of due to weather. Despite the cold/rain, she was fully ready to keep our old plan, and when we made the call to stay mostly indoors, was flexible and able to capture gorgeous photos despite our limited options. She was always organized, ensured we got all of the shots that were important to us, and made handling family/wedding party look easy. She kept everyone relaxed and moving, and was a welcome addition to the girls getting ready. Her assistants were a pleasure to work with, too. I am so looking forward to cherishing her work for many, many years. We would highly recommend her for any formal photography needs!

Sent on 07/31/2015

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved our engagement session and can't wait for your wedding!

Larkin · Married on 11/07/2015

Rachael is an absolute treasure to work with and her photos demonstrate just how thoughtful, thorough, and great she is. My husband and I first met her in January '15 . She was pregnant at the time but met us near our house to get to know us as a couple and talk about her photo style. We felt comfortable with her immediately, despite not knowing anything about photography. It was a gut reaction really but 100% the right one when we decided to book her the day after meeting. For our engagement photos, we had great fun with her walking around the Capitol and Union Station; she's just so easy to talk to and makes it easy. Fast forward to October 2015, the month before our wedding, when we met up with her at the venue to do a walk through, talk about shots we wanted, and all that stuff. She has a great questionnaire that she asks you to fill out that really helps you think through how you'd like your wedding day to go and what photos you want, as well as the style you'd like. As a super planner, this was incredibly helpful to me and actually then guided our day-of event planner as well. On our wedding day, we had Rachael and another photographer working with her for 8 hours. They came to the ladies' hotel room while we were getting ready and blended right in, taking photos of details like rings, our guest book, my dress. It just felt so natural the whole time; not awkward at all! From our first look to pictures outside with family to the ceremony itself and after, Rachael kept things running smoothly and got us to be our best selves in our photos. All of the guests commented on how she and her other photag were super friendly and fit right in. Most importantly, all of these factors combined to create just amazing photos that we will treasure forever. They capture EXACTLY the style and substance that we were looking for and couldn't be happier. Rachael is incredibly talented and fun to work with and we're so thankful that she was part of our wedding!

Sent on 01/01/2016

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Larkin, thank you so much! I absolutely loved working with you two, and I definitely had the same gut feeling when we met. You were so organized and thoughtful about your wedding day--it made my job that much easier. Looking forward to staying in touch!

Kristen · Married on 10/17/2015

Rachael was just the best. She met with us beforehand to better know us and understand what was important to us and completely honored that throughout our wedding. During our wedding, she was timely and personable, blending into the background where that was needed but also asserting herself to wrangle our families together for photos - it was the perfect balance. Everything was right on schedule (super important to me) and she was laid back and encouraging, removing any hint of stress from a busy day. She gave great direction to make us feel comfortable in our photos and during the reception, captured all the moments from the perfect angles. Now that we have our images, they are perfect! The lighting is stunning and she captured both our portraits and the candid moments so well - we will use her work to cherish this day!

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristen! I love hearing that I captured the day exactly as you wanted to remember it--that's always my goal, and I'm just thrilled that you and your families are so happy with the photos.

Rachael is bar none incredible. She is incredibly personable and also incredibly talented. She has an eye for viewing the surrounding area and figuring out what the most crucial action is occurring at that moment and focusing in on, capturing incredible moments. She is a planner and wants to make certain that your wedding event is captured in a way that won't leave you wondering if all the family photos were taken or if the pictures at the reception will turn out - she ensures that your event is captured according to plan.

Rachael was incredibly speedy in getting over 3800+ photos to us after the event in digital format, cleaned and cropped professionally. When we met up with Rachael to review options for spread layouts for our wedding book, Rachael came prepared with several options and ideas helping to save us time and give us different perspectives on what others had done that might be of interest to us - which was great to help spur on creativity.

Sent on 02/03/2016

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you so much! I'm thrilled to have captured your wedding the way you wanted, and I'm so glad I could help keep things organized (thought I think you two did a fantastic job with that yourselves!) I love your photos and I'm so excited to finish your album!

Jolynn · Married on 09/26/2015

I chose Rachael because I knew I was having an outdoor wedding around sunset and I wanted a lot of outdoor photos in different settings like the woods, overlooking a lake, and other unique spots around a private residence. I had seen her work and I knew I needed a photographer with plenty of experience shooting outdoors in possibly difficult lighting. Rachael did not disappoint! My friends and family were thrilled with the photos-the day was just beautiful and she reflected it so well. I know we will treasure our photos for years to come.

Sent on 12/23/2015

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you, Jolynn! I'm so glad you two and your families are happy with the photos. I loved working outside in the woods--what a beautiful location!

Rachael was our wonderful photographer who made us feel at such ease. She was very flexible, especially considering she had had her first child only a few months before our wedding. We looked at her blog before contacting her to see if she would photograph our wedding, and we especially loved the way she shot outdoor scenes (and our wedding reception was entirely outside). Rachael is kind and sweet and I would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 12/31/2015

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you so much! I'm so glad to have captured your wedding the way you wanted to remember it!

We absolutely LOVED working with Rachael! Her photos are gorgeous, and she is incredibly easy going and fun to be with. Thank you for making our day so special and capturing each moment so perfectly! :)

Sent on 07/09/2015

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

So, so glad to hear this! Thank you so much!

Caitlin · Married on 05/16/2015

I knew I wanted to hire Rachael as our photographer as soon as I met her. Her photos are incredible and I loved her personality. Rachael shot our engagement and wedding photos. For our engagement photos, she was willing to meet us super early in the morning and took her time making sure we got every shot we wanted. Rachael is someone you feel instantly comfortable with which makes the process fun and stress free. She was able to take the most incredible pictures in places that we would never know would make a good shot. Our wedding photos are amazing and it's all thanks to her hard work and willingness to hike all over Alexandria! It's true what they say, your memories are only as good as your photos. Hiring Rachael was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding!

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

You are too kind, Caitlin! I absolutely loved working with you two and would do it all over again in a heartbeat!

Benjamin · Married on 05/16/2015

Rachael was great - not only were the photos that she took absolutely fabulous, she made my wife and I feel comfortable the entire time. She did both our engagement and wedding photos. She allowed us to bring my bike to the engagement photos and helped us figure out how to incorporate it in the photos and make it look good! For our wedding, she scouted the area and made a map of the route we should walk for photos and sent it to us weeks ahead of time. I personally don't know of many other photographers who would put that much time and effort into making sure that everything came out perfect on our wedding day. I would recommend her to anyone.

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you so much, Ben! It truly was my pleasure, and I'm so glad I had the honor of working with you two! Your love is inspiring.
  • I

Indira · Married on 12/31/2014

Rachael's work is amazing! She has an excellent vision to capture all the right moments and I was extremely happy with her services. Everybody who saw my daughter's wedding pictures have asked for her info and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 02/01/2015

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you, Indira! I loved working with you and your family, and I'm so glad I could capture everyone's love and emotions on that beautiful day.

James · Married on 12/31/2014

I could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding. Bonus - the pictures were also amazing!!

Sent on 02/02/2015

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you, James! So glad you love the photos. It was truly a pleasure and an honor to work with you!

Rachael truly made our wedding! First of all, she takes absolutely beautiful photos. I want to emphasize that from the very start. But she brought so much more to the table that than phenomenal photos. We loved Rachael from the very first time we met. She is so sweet and interested in getting to know you - how you met, how you envision your wedding, where you're from, etc. It was all very personal, like we were getting to know a good friend. This is exactly the kind of relationship we were hoping for with our photographer. She was very responsive to questions, ideas and preferences, and came very prepared on wedding day. She had the sweetest assistant with her, arrived a little bit early, and very quietly and quickly took some great shots in the hotel room while we finished getting ready. She was so incredibly fast, organized, and adaptable all night long! She was like a ninja during the reception, hiding in the shadows to capture all the best moments. I am truly amazed at the photos she captured because I never felt like she was following us around, in the way, etc. She is truly the perfect photographer, in every way. And again, the photo quality was just out of this world. Rachael was by far the single best decision we made throughout our entire wedding planning process. We highly recommend her, and can't wait to hire her again for future life events!

Sent on 02/02/2015

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved working with you, and I'm so happy to have captured your wedding day the way you envisioned it. You and your family were just a dream to photograph, and I was so honored to be part of your wedding!

K · Married on 11/01/2014

Rachael is WONDERFUL! Not only is she extremely professional she is also a lot of fun to work with. Even though we only met in person twice before the wedding day it was like having a good friend take the photos. She worked very hard to capture everything that made my wedding unique and highlighted all the little things that made my relationship with my now husband special. I couldn't stop looking at the photos once I got them back! As one of my friends pointed out to me after looking at some of the photos, Rachael didn't just take pictures she captured the emotion of the day.

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thanks so much! I loved being part of your wedding day, and I am so thrilled to have captured all the emotions and special moments for you!

Rachael did a great job photographing our wedding. She was very accomodating of all of our requests for picture locations (there were 3) and the photos we wanted—and she also did a good job making suggestions. I think she also did an amazing job getting all of the photos we wanted as she was our only photographer. We wanted the majority of our pictures to be of people with less of a focus on details, but she still managed to capture both. Another positive was that she followed us around to take pictures with our guests during cocktail hour, as we requested, but it never felt like she was in the way. Finally, when we got our pictures, they were in totally adorable packaging (personalized wooden box and USB)—we loved the extra thought that went into it.

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you so much! I'm so glad I was able to capture everything you wanted and stay out of the way in the process. You all were so organized--you made it easy for me :)

Abby · Married on 09/27/2014

We absolutely adored having Rachael and her assistants at our wedding. On the day of the wedding and for several weeks after, dozens of our guests told us how fabulous they thought our photographer was! She pays awesome attention to detail from the beginning/booking process all the way to the day of your wedding. We were lucky to be able to meet with Rachael a few times before the wedding day to discuss the look we wanted for our Loudoun County, VA outdoor ceremony and barn reception. She has many options for the couple with all sizes of wedding budget, which made our choice to hire Rachael a no-brainer. A few weeks before the wedding, she provided us with a wonderfully helpful and professional outline/questionnaire of exactly what photos we wanted, and items we wanted photographed - some times there were items listed that we hadn't even thought of! On the day of the wedding, she and her assistants were perfectly charming and discreet during our special day and still managed to capture so many beautiful moments and memories. Rachael is a fantastic lady and a truly professional photographer! We are so grateful she captured our wedding on film!

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you so much, Abby! I loved working with you and Russ, and I felt so lucky to capture your beautiful and creative wedding.

Marisa · Married on 09/06/2014

Rachael's work is flawless and she is a true artist.

Rachael photographed our engagement photos in 2013 and our wedding on September 6, 2014 and both times, her photos blew us away. She not only captured the love and emotion perfectly but also was able to photograph unique details about both of these days that has allowed us to look back and relive the memories.
    In addition to her creative style which we fell inlove with, Rachael took the extra step to create shotlists before the wedding to ensure that we were comfortable with all photos that would be taken on our wedding day and was more than happy to make adjustments/modifications the day of.
    Her love for her job is evidenced through her positive attitude and incredible photos. It's no surprise that Rachael has made a name for herself in the Washington metro area, has won several awards for her photography and has been recognized by Wedding Wire. We consider Rachael a friend and look for future opportunities to work with her again!

Sent on 11/04/2014

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you, Marisa! I absolutely loved every minute of working with you and George and your families. I am really looking forward to staying in touch!

Nicole · Married on 08/09/2014

Rachael was amazing to work with and our wedding pictures are beautiful! We are so grateful to Rachael for capturing our special day with her stunning photojournalism!!

Sent on 12/29/2014

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! I loved being part of your wedding day, and I'm so glad to hear how much you love the photos!

Jen · Married on 07/26/2014

Rachael is amazing. My biggest worry about photos for my wedding was that they wouldn't match my memories of the day. I thought they might end up too airbrushed or "perfect" and when i looked at them I'd feel like I was seeing an event I never attended. However, Rachael's photos bring me right back to the day every time I see them. As I look at the images she captured, its evident that her greatest skill is reading people and being able to predict significant moments as they happen. My favorites are the candid shots. I now have these precious photos to forever document how giddy I felt getting ready, how nervous and excited the groom was during the first look, how funny we all thought my sister's toast was. I cried when I saw them. Also I should say, I was worried that my husband would think she was expensive, but he was SO impressed by the way she handled our big, opinionated families that he thought she was worth every penny and more. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/21/2014

RACHAEL FOSTER PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Jen, thank you for all these kind words! I am so happy to hear that your photos take you back to your wedding day and let you experience those emotions and memories all over again. This is what I want all couples to have!