20 Reviews for Playaweddings || Photography, Videography, Super 8 Film

High-Res Images (5)
Digital Files (3)
Proofs (2)
20 Playaweddings || Photography, Videography, Super 8 Film Reviews

If you're looking for photos and videos to drool over for the rest of your life, look no further. After a lot of research to find the perfect wedding photographer/videographer for my destination wedding in Cancun, I chose Playa Weddings to capture my day. What a team! I have only received my express slideshow of the day thus far, but it did not disappoint. I cried tears of happiness while looking through the photos because they truly captured moments that told the story of the day. I was able to reminisce on my wedding day, and feel that I could relive our special day just by the amazing photos that were taken (I cannot wait to receive my video, knowing it'll make me feel just the same).

I chose the package of 6 hours of coverage, with two photographers and two videographers. DO NOT SKIP GETTING A VIDEO! If you're feeling camera shy or not wanting to be the center of attention, Paul completely flies under the radar and Rachel makes you feel like you've been friends forever, so easy to work with. I never remember feeling that they were in our way or "paparazzi". I have been to weddings in the past where it felt that the photographers/videographers were always in your face/in your way. Somehow, without making anyone feel this way, they caught intimate, fun, special moments throughout our day. The photos are artistic, but natural.

You will NOT be disappointed by choosing Playa Weddings on your wedding day. Make the investment and don't second guess it, you can't put a price tag on perfectly captured, lifelong memories!

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/18/18, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images

If you are looking for fun and playful wedding pics, Rachel and Paul are a dream to work with! They make you feel at ease in front of the camera and are extremely flexible to your style and needs. Their professionalism and attention to detail truly captured all the love on our special day. All our photos and video were stunning. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User7541358, 1+ year ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

If amazing photography/videography is important to you, look no further than Playa Weddings. As you probably already figured out, Rachel and Paul do STUNNING work. I looked through their portfolio and thought "if our wedding photographs can look like that, I'll pay anything."

Rachel and Paul, are passionate, artistic, and professional. We are kind of awkward people to photograph, but they made us feel at ease and we had so much fun taking pictures. June is monsoon season in the Riviera Maya, which I found out too late, and there was an epic rainstorm the day of our wedding. So instead of Plan A (beach wedding) we had to go with Plan B (conference center). They still managed to still get great pictures inside even without natural light. Paul flew under the radar while Rachel guided us through what to do.

The video artistically captured our wedding, highlighting the big moments and emotions while perfectly timing it to one of our favorite songs. One of our guests even commented that it was the best wedding video they'd ever seen.

I can't say enough good things about Playa Weddings. They've given us beautiful memories of our special day that will last forever! Thank you!

Profile Picture Allison, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images

What can I say about Rachel and Paul (and Freddie, and Stephanie, and the WHOLE ENTIRE TEAM) that has not been said before? From the moment I found Playa Weddings through a Google search, I knew their style was just what I wanted for our wedding day. Paul’s videos brought me to tears, no matter how many times I watched. Rachel’s photos are beautiful, relaxed and natural, with just the right amount of artistry. The moment I reached out to them, Stephanie, the office administrator, was AMAZING. I think she even answered my first email in less than a few hours, but most emails you definitely get response well within 24 hours. She gave me the price list and was there for any questions I had. If you are questioning whether or not you want videography, their packages make it easy to decide and trust me, YOU WANT VIDEOGRAPHY!!! Once it is over, you can’t change your mind. With the package we chose (I think 6 hours of photography and express video, if I remember correctly) we received a credit that we used towards a photo booth, which are always a hit! The day of Rachel and Paul arrived earlier than scheduled time, and started with a few getting ready shots. Rachel was very good at making me feel calm and relaxed while taking photos. Paul, goes unnoticed, which is just what you want from a videographer. During the ceremony I didn’t even notice they (or anyone else for that matter) were there, but they are getting everything you want to remember! After the ceremony, they worked quickly and painlessly to not only get each family shots, but a group shot, as well! SO FUN!! Then it was time for the groom and I to get our time alone. I was mostly worried we would feel awkward and over-posed, but it was quite the opposite. It was very relaxing and fun, and even while taking the shots, we knew they were going to be amazing and it was great to get some time to ourselves, away from our guests. I'm going to run out of characters - so please reach out to me if you want to know more!

Profile Picture Mallory, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files, Proofs

After deciding on a destination wedding, the next big decision was finding a photographer in Mexico. I knew from the beginning that photography was important to us in order to capture our special day and to share with all of our friends and family that couldn't be there in person. When I came across Playa Weddings portfolio online I knew that I had found what I was looking for! Not only do they capture beautiful moments, their photos tell a story of the day that allows you to re-live them for years to come. We could not have been happier with the quality of the photos and the how many moments they captured throughout the day. Rachel and Paul were amazing to work with. Thank you for everything!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What a wonderful experience we had when using Playa Weddings as the photographers for our Playa beach wedding. Both Rachel and Paul did an excellent job of capturing the true essence of our wedding as well as the personalities of my husband and I. The photographs turned out AMAZING, and Rachel and Paul really made the experience memorable. I highly recommend them for your photography needs.

Profile Picture Ambra, 3/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Working with Rachel was seamless and easy even though we were planning our wedding from Chicago! Our pictures turned out better than we could have imagined.

Profile Picture User7484230, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I got engaged in December 2014 and immediately knew we wanted a destination wedding. Pictures are such a big deal to me and the fact that we were getting married away from home having good quality photos was even more important. I contacted several photographers in Cancun but the minute I spoke with Rachel I knew the choice was easy. Rachel put my mind at ease and was willing to work with my husband and I to accommodate our wedding day. We had a very small, intimate wedding just the two of us on the beach and she made us feel like we were models on a photo shoot. When we received our sneak peek and then our photos I could not believe my eyes. They were literally breathtaking. Her vision and skill were clearly apparent in the works we received. I loved the fact that we had access to all of our photos and could print as we wanted. We were also able to share our photos with our friends and family so that they could see all the emotion and feeling our special day included. Rachel surely caught all the smiles and even the tears of joy. I would highly recommend playa weddings photography to anyone getting married in Cancun. Not only are their pictures wonderful but their customer service is as well. Stephanie in the office is quick to respond to email questions and Monique is amazing with all her editing skills. Trust me you will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Kristina, 7/27/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

We got married on August 28th at Azul Sensatori and hired Rachel and Paul to do the Express Videography package and we also decided to add on the Super 8 footage (so worth it!!!). We received our highlight video only two weeks after our wedding and it blew our minds! In just a few minutes, they managed to capture our entire wedding, the feel of the entire day and it literally made my entire family cry. The added on super 8 footage made it feel so nostalgic and it just made it incredibly beautiful. I think my husband and I just sat there re-watching it over and over again. It truly is an amazing video that I know we will treasure for the rest of our lives. We haven't even received everything else yet, but I know anything coming from them will not be short of amazing. My husband was nervous about having videography at our wedding, he feels uncomfortable being in front of the camera to the point where we almost didn't do it! Let me tell you, if you are the least bit worried about that, don't be with these two! We didn't even feel like they were there -- it was so natural and they made it so incredibly comfortable. You will not regret doing this for your wedding -- I highly recommend hiring them -- you will be able to relive your wedding day and see it through different eyes over and over again. Thank you Rachel and Paul!!

Profile Picture User4132569, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Videography

I am absolutely over the moon excited to recommend Rachel and Paul.

To start out with, the experience was great. Rachel was so creative and directed us - which was awesome because my husband and I both generally consider ourselves a bit awkward in photos. She took stunning pictures of the resort prior to even making it up to our rooms. Although the experience was awesome, the final product was just absolutely stunning. There were SO MANY pictures and I can honestly say I love every single one of them. Our wedding day was captured perfectly and I would recommend Rachel over and over again!!!

Our wedding videos were great as well, however the highlight video was perfection. I get tears in my eyes watching it because it captured our day perfectly.

If you want the most amazing documentation of your big day, Rachel and Paul are worth every penny!!!!!

Profile Picture Jaimie, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Hiring Rachel, Paul and their team to be our videographer and photographer for my wedding at Grand Sunset Princess was (and is still) the best decision we've ever made! My husband and I are pretty camera shy, we don't like to be in front of the camera very often, but working with Rachel, Paul and their team - they made us feel very comfortable every step of the way. My husband and I had a blast working with the PlayaWeddings team.

At first, it was scary picking a photographer that we had never met before and from a different country. But communicating with PW via email before the wedding was very easy to do. They responded to emails almost immediately and their payment system was also very simple.

There are almost no words I can put together to describe the pictures and videos I got from PlayaWeddings. They are in every sense of the word, breathtaking. We were married in March, and to this day I am still unable to look at my wedding pictures and watch our video without crying. Everyone I've shown the pictures and videos to love them as much as we do!!

We would recommend PlayaWeddings in a heartbeat. They are amazing people, professional, and truly passionate about what they do.

Profile Picture Euthemia, 3/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

I was hesitant to have non Indian photographers on our big day. The Sikh ceremony is intricate, and requires a lot of attention. We got married at the Hard Rock Hotel, Riviera Maya and Playa Weddings did not disappoint. From the ceremony, to reception, to a trash the saree photoshoot, I now have over 1000 pictures that truly captured our day. Artistic with the perfect combo of obligatory portraits for the family, I would not hesitate to recommend Rachel for all your wedding photo needs.

Profile Picture Pinky, 12/4/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I got married at Grand Coral Beach Club in Playa del Carmen and there's no way we could have chosen a better photography/ video team! Rachel, Paul and their team were wonderful to work with on what can be a very stressful day, and made it stress free. We absolutely love all of our pictures and our highlight video and full length video (nearly an hour long!) allowed us to relive our amazing day, which we will be forever grateful for. If you are planning a wedding in the Riviera Maya we 110% recommend PlayaWeddings to truly make YOUR special day that much more magical and memorable :)

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

My husband and I recently got married at the Gran Porto Real in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We almost went with the resort photographers but they just didn't have that "spark" we were looking for. I researched a ton of Playa del Carmen photographers and came across Playaweddings. Their photos were perfect and they seemed to capture everything we wanted.
They were extremely easy to work with and their payment system was a breeze. They showed up on time and were ridiculously friendly and light-hearted and such a blast to have at our wedding. You can tell they absolutely love what they do.
We received our photos and were blown away!! I've never felt more beautiful than I did in those photos. They are absolutely breathtaking and the compliments I get on them are wonderful. Everyone loves them! Thank you Playaweddings for such an amazing keepsake that we can cherish forever!!

Profile Picture Heidi, 2/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were not terribly picky on most things related to our wedding but we knew that if there was anything we wanted to splurge on it would be our pictures and video for the day. I spent a good couple months looking for just the right photographer/videographer. I went through Playaweddings galleries and watched (and cried through) their videos, and knew they would be for us.

It was quite scary picking a photographer that we had never met, and would not meet till our wedding day...but they were so incredibly professional and personable through the many emails I had sent them.

Come the wedding day I was blown away by what they were doing, and we didn't even need to see the pictures to know they would be amazing. Rachel is very passionate about what she does, and it comes through in every shot. Also, the rest of the team (we had 6 on our day) were so good too! We were just over the moon when we received our "teasers", and ecstatic once we had all or photos and video. It was worth the wait and worth every penny.

We did the photobooth at our reception and it was very well received! Everyone had so much fun and got their silly pictures right away from that.

We would recommend Playaweddings, no questions asked. They are just wonderful people, and were made to do what they do :)

Profile Picture Robyn, 1/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

There is no way that my husband and I could possibly express our experience with playaweddings, except to say what an ABSOLUTE blast we had with Rachel, Paul, and Rodrigo during our wedding week! From our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, reception, and trash the dress, this company was there for every moment, capturing images that i know will be nothing short of spectacular. If you are looking for a talented, creative, professional, fun, and HARD-WORKING photography/videography team, look no further than playaweddings!

Profile Picture Randi, 6/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Playa Weddings was the BEST possible choice for a videographer on the east coast of Mexico. He arrived early, shot everything, worked well with our photographer, stayed late to capture some extra moments at the end of the night, and produced a complete dvd AND blu-ray disc in under a month!

Everyone we show our wedding video to is wowed by the presentation. What a perfect way to remember our day in paradise!

Profile Picture Bobby, 7/16/09, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

We could not be happier with Playaweddings. I remember the pure joy of finally meeting Rachel in the salon and knowing it was going to be a kick ass day! They were easy to communicate with- although some responses took a little longer than I would have liked, I have to remember "island time" is a little different than what I'm use to. Paul's video highlights always make me cry and that was what really sold me. He really is a story teller and an artist. I had a blast getting ready with Rachel and she was a calm I needed during my wedding crazies! Our photos and videos are stunning and we could not be happier!

Profile Picture katie, 10/13/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files, Proofs
1.0

My husband and I used Playa Weddings in the summer of 2017. Prior to our wedding day, we had no issues working with the Playa Wedding team. However, on our wedding day and after our wedding, my husband and I were very unsatisfied with them. I only received 4 bridal portrait photos (none of which I liked) and didn't have any pictures with my bridesmaids. After our wedding, Rachel and Paul spent the majority of the time trying to create weird pictures with my veil - none of which turned out. During our reception, Paul and Rachel both left at the same time while we were eating and missed multiple photos of people on the dance floor, dinner, and speeches.

After our wedding, it took a ridiculous amount of time to get our proofs and sneak peak. I was told by the office manager multiple times that it would be "one more week" but in reality, I didn't get all of the pictures until 7 months after our wedding.

For as much money as Rachel and Paul are, I would not recommend using them. Our pictures are not anything special and I feel like it was a complete waste of money.

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/17/17, 1 Review