Pixan Photography Reviews

79 | Cancun, MX

79 Reviews for Pixan Photography

Chase Gochenour · Married on 02/09/2020

Worth every penny

Perfect balance of professional and fun. Made the entire experience easy and the results are out of this world beautiful. Highly rated for a reason.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Bianca Barela · Married on 08/03/2019

Incredible team, photos/videos, and value

We cannot say enough great things about Pixan. We chose to work with them over our in-house vendor and we couldn't be happier with the results. From the moment we first talked, it was evident that Pixan Photography is a very people centric business and would take extra care to ensure our engagement photos and wedding photos/videos would be something we could cherish for a lifetime. They have a keen eye for visually pleasing and artistic style photos that beautifully integrated the subjects into the surrounding scenery.

Outside of their style, they adapted on the fly to the different variables that came up on our wedding events and made us feel like royalty throughout the different days we hired them for. This was for a 250 guest mixed Hindu/Catholic destination wedding and we couldn't have pulled it off without their help. All our guests were even raving about this team and how hard they could see them working while still being extremely courteous to all our guests and needs.

Thank you again Pixan Photography!

• Tom

Tom Kanders · Married on 07/10/2019

The best choice we could make!

We had our wedding last month on Isla Mujeres in Mexico. A good friend of us recommended Vincent a we are really glad that he captured our wedding day. He is such a warm and friendly person and a great professional who loves his job!

Thanks a lot Vincent!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Pixan Photography's reply:

Hi Tom, thank you so much for your kind words. It was a great pleasure to play a part in your special day and to get to know your loved ones. Congratulations : )

Charlene Savory · Married on 07/03/2019

Excellence at it's best!

Right from our first contact with Pixan Photography we knew we had made the right choice! Their diligence in contact, guidance and direction prior to even arriving at our venue was comfort in our decision! Pixan/Vincent and Issac's ability to capture the raw love and emotion are such a beautiful talent that we, our family and guest will forever cherish.

• Paula

Paula Lesley Moyes · Married on 05/15/2019

Our experience with Vincent and his team were beyond talented and amazing people to work with ! We feel so honoured and lucky to have worked with them

The moments and feelings that Vincent and his team captured are memories of a life time! To say we are thrilled is an understatement! Our guests and families adored the experience of working with Vincent...countless guests approached me to say how likeable talented and professional Vincent and Issac were and how impressed they were with the finished product ! Vincent and his team have an eye for detail know how to capture the light and capture authentic moments ! We can not say enough great things about Pixan Photography!!!!!!! Soo honoured to have worked with them and would highly recommend Pixan photography to anyone who is looking for talented creative charming professional wedding Photographers! An outstanding experience all around !!!

• Karina

Karina · Married on 05/04/2019

We contacted Pixan Photography 2-3 weeks before traveling to Playa Del Carmen for engagement pictures. Gonzalo and Gabi were not only friendly but they were extremely professional. They made our engagement shoot an easy and natural thing to do. We are grateful for their creativity and passion to portray images that are loving and sincere. They truly capture a moment. We paid $300 for 40 digital images and it was totally worth it.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/03/2019

Favorite vendor by far!

We would DEFINITELY recommend Vincent and his crew! We did a test shoot with him after we got engaged, in Tulum Feb/2019 (which he also gave us a great tour of the town during) and instantly knew he would be our wedding photographer. Our photos for both (wedding was May 02, 2019) are unlike anything I’ve seen or could have hoped for. For our wedding we booked 6 hours of photography and ended up with endless perfect photos and we’ve only seen the sneak peek! He is super knowledgeable about the area, knows everyone and has is so supportive. I was sort of a bride that didn’t go crazy over every detail and anytime I didn’t know what to do (photos, timeline, anything) he was there with suggestions. Do yourself a favor and book with this creative, fun, friendly and ridiculously talented team!

Sent on 05/26/2019
  • Anna

Anna Foster · Married on 01/06/2019

Blown away, special, unique

We are so happy with our experience with Pixan. He was thoughtful, took time to get to know us and our preferences, and went above and beyond in service. The photos are spectacular and truly captured our special evening. We even did another shoot after the wedding that captured the incredible property. Us, our friends, and family are so impressed with the photos. We are very happy to have worked with Vincent.

Sent on 01/05/2020

Pixan Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Anna, it was a real pleasure to get to know you a little and share the joy of your wedding day with you and your loved ones. I wish you the very best of luck for the future. Keep in touch : )

Ryan · Married on 01/05/2019

Pixan made our wedding perfect!

Vincent wants to work with you, as the couple, to capture the moments that you want. He is creative and has an eye for setting the perfect moment. Vincent and his staff are fun and creates a light environment for you to enjoy taking photos! We get a lot of comments from our friends and family about our sneak peak photos and how great they've turned out! Choosing a photographer was one of the more stressful vendor selections and after talking to Vincent for the first time, we knew he was the right person for us. He put us at ease and made everything feel easy. Would strongly recommend working with Vincent and Pixan!

Sent on 03/23/2019

Tasha · Married on 08/23/2018

Words truly cannot say how amazing Vincent and Issac were, and how truly thankful and privileged we feel that they got to not only capture our wedding but also be a part of it. I would recommend Pixan Photography a thousand times over to any bride! When you meet people who do something, not because it is a job to make money, but instead because it is truly what they were meant to do with their lives, that is when you see the passion through the photos and experience. I say experience because it truly was the whole experience with the both of them that made our wedding photos and day so memorable. We got the sneak peak of our photos so quickly! They honestly tell our love story so perfectly, we both teared up looking at them. Vincent is an artist and takes the time to understand the area and the surroundings and knows the types of pictures to take and when. My husband and I are usually very awkward in front of the camera for photos, but Vincent put as at ease and made as feel so comfortable. We honestly cannot wait to see the rest of the photos and are so thankful that we chose Pixan Photography for our special day! Vincent and Issac truly felt like part of our family at the end of it, and their photos are everything we could have ever hoped for.

Trash the Dress – If you are on the fence about doing this DO IT. It is an experience and memory that will forever be a part of our lives together. It was seriously like a storybook, and Vincent made it such a fully immersive experience. He is a true artist and it was amazing to watch him work at looking at the way the light falls, to understanding and knowing the flora and fauna surrounding the cenote. He was able to capture the passion between my husband and me, and it was truly an adventure that we will never forget.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Rupinder · Married on 06/09/2018

Gon and Abi were excellent and were so much fun to work with. They were wonderful to work with. Vincent was wonderful with the trash the dress photo shoot. We would highly recommend Pixan to all for their weddings in Cancun.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Karissa · Married on 05/16/2018

Pixan photo is THE wedding photographer for your destination wedding. Stop looking around because Vincent and his team are simply the best! We got married at Azul Fives Beach Resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico in May 2018. We have only seen our sneak peaks (about 100 photos) and we LOVE them. Even friends and family think they are some of the best wedding photos they have ever seen. Vincent is an artist and through his vision we got unique photos that turned out amazing. We are not a couple that love of having photos taken and don't think we are very photogenic but with Vincent we had fun, felt comfortable and it shows. I would also recommend doing the TRASH THE DRESS in the private cenote. This was such a special experience and the photos are one of a kind. DO IT, chose pixan!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Samantha · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband & I just got married in Mexico 3 weeks ago & we had the best experience with pixan. We worked with Vincent, Gon & Abi at our Trash the Dress shoot which was a couple of days before our wedding. They did an amazing job on the underwater shoot it was everything we wanted! If your having a Destination Wedding you need Pixan! Gon & Abi captured the most amazing moments of our special day. My husband and I couldn’t be happier & we only got the previews so far! They are so professional & fun, they have great energy. Gon & Abi are amazingly talented!!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Molly · Married on 11/09/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Vincent and Pixan Photography! Vincent’s passion and experience of photography shows in every picture he takes. He truly invests in his clients from the very beginning. Scheduling multiple Skype or phone calls so he can get to know you and your fiancé is above and beyond what i was expecting when booking a photographer I’ve never met before. It poured down rain on my wedding day and during pictures but Vincent’s energy kept things light and happy. He was so easy to work with and that helped take so much stress off of me on the big day! We were able to reschedule another photo shoot a few days after the wedding so I could get the beach pictures I had been dreaming of. Thank you Vincent for going above and beyond!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Tiffany · Married on 07/15/2017

If you are getting married in Mexico I would definitely use Vincent from Pixan Photogrpahy. He was so creative and energetic and the pictures I have received so far are breathtaking! He is a true artist. The packages and prices were also a great value, much better than others I had priced for my destination wedding. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/02/2017

Katie · Married on 07/14/2017

Gon and Abi were so amazing to work with! They were such a blast and provided an incredibly fun energy for us, our wedding party and guests! They were very quick to respond to emails and very detailed in what to expect from their services. My favorite was that they set up a Skype meeting with my groom and I to get to know each other and discuss what was important to us that they capture for our photos. They made us feel so comfortable and truly made the whole experience the very best we could have asked for! You will not regret booking them for to capture your event!

Sent on 08/08/2017

jelysa · Married on 07/14/2017

For photography and videography, I used Pixan photography. Vincent Van Den Berg is the owner, and thankfully photographed my wedding. I chose the package for 8 hours including photography and videography, and he came with three other men. He was so professional, and even came to meet my husband and I a few days before the wedding! He has such an awesome presence and really cares about his customers. He was also happy and dancing the entire wedding! The sneak peek I received from him took my breath away. He is so talented and creative! I am so thankful I went with him!

Sent on 08/11/2017

cindy · Married on 05/20/2017

Vincent was our photographer - he took our trash the dress photos: that was a long day on the beach and at a private cenote , we absolutely loved the photos. I'm still speechless when I see them.
    As for the wedding, it all happened so fast but the sneak peaks I've seen are breathtaking. He had an assistant as well, and we had 3 hour video. I can't review those yet because we are waiting on the final website and video- but will post as soon as I receive those as well. I'm sure they R of similar quality to the amazing photos we've received thus far.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2017

Our photographer, Gonzalo, was amazing! His energy is just unbelievable! We haven't seen the pictures yet but I'm sure they are going to be beautiful!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Leslie · Married on 05/06/2017

Absolutely fantastic experience with Gon & Abi! Amazing pictures! They are fun and great to work with, and it's great to see the passion they have for their work!

Sent on 05/24/2017
  • Marquia

Marquia · Married on 05/06/2017

Working with Pixan Photography was the best decision we could have made!! Planning a destination wedding isn't the easiest because you are planning from so far away. When we had our first Skype call with Vincent, we knew we had made the right decision! He was a pleasure to work with on our special day and we received some AWESOME sneak peak photos a couple weeks after our wedding!! The videographer, Fabian, did a good job with our wedding video as well! So excited to receive the rest of our photos!!!

Sent on 06/16/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 04/28/2017

Everything was beautiful! Vincent was our photographer, he was wonderful! Very thorough and even took a list my mom made to ensure we got all the pictures we wanted. The day went by so fast, but I'm so excited to relive our beautiful wedding day when we get our pictures and video!

Update! We received our video and photos, they are beautiful! I would recommend to future brides to create a list of all the pictures that are must haves, some you may think you will receive or get, but the day goes by so fast that you may forget. Also, have a person (family or friend) to coordinate with all the people at your wedding of who needs to get in the shots.. seemed like it took a lot longer because we didn't have it organized as well as I thought.

Sent on 05/12/2017

Rachel · Married on 03/24/2017

Absolutely loved them! Could not have spent my money better. Only regret not have paid a better package from the beginning, since we ended up paying extra when we saw the lovely pictures they took. Service was smooth from the start till the end, and photographers were very professional and friendly on the day. Also very kind after the wedding to help us out with the album. Loved my final album! Thanks guys for an amazing service.

Sent on 05/29/2018

Sarah · Married on 03/04/2017

I absolutely loved Pixan! Amazing service during my wedding, and the pictures are simply beautiful! My entire wedding party raved about them!!! So glad I chose Pixan!

Sent on 03/28/2017

Shannon · Married on 03/04/2017

Pixan was amazing! We worked with Daniel and an assistant. They were incredibly professional, and so much fun to work with. They gave great but polite direction and were open to any requests we had. They stayed through our entire reception and got great photos of our outdoor, evening reception (no one else's' photos came out!) And most importantly, our photos came out beautifully! Super crisp with incredible color. And we got them back in about a month!

Sent on 05/13/2017