OneKnightDJ Reviews

27 Reviews for OneKnightDJ

1 User photo

Devon Lilley · Married on 07/19/2019

DJ Protege was the BEST!

My husband and I just got married this past Friday. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. Our DJ, David aka DJ Protege, was a HUGE factor in our wedding’s success. From our initial meeting to the day of... David was cool, calm and collected. Not only is he a fantastic DJ but he is SO organized. He used a shared google drive to organize our song requests and other important wedding details. This was so helpful and allowed my husband and I to make changes as needed throughout the planning process. He also worked with my mom and sister to pull off an amazing video surprise. My husband and I would highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Morena Calvo · Married on 10/06/2018

DJ Who Goes Above and Beyond!

David exceeded all expectations. From our first meeting with him, we enjoyed his charisma and enthusiasm for his work, and we were grateful for his willingness to work with our budget.

When we met with him again closer to the big day, he went above and beyond. He customized our grand entrance music to make it even “grander” and provided a lot of creativity. Once he said, “confetti cannon,” I knew our wedding would be phenomenal. The production value was outstanding.

I highly suggest contacting him for your big day!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Jacob · Married on 08/31/2018

Our experience with OneKnight was incredible! We worked with David (DJ Protege) and from the very start of the process he was excited, receptive, and a showed genuine interest in making sure that the wedding went exactly how we wanted. He even drove all the way to the Starbucks by our house, twice, to meet with us. We stayed in contact in the months leading up to the wedding and I felt very comfortable asking him questions not just about the music, but also about the wedding and how the time line should go. He worked closely with our photographer and day-of coordinator to ensure everything went perfectly and he even came to the rehearsal to plan out where he would set up his equipment. On the day of the wedding he was one of the first people there and he even helped us with getting a tapestry in the tree. He mic'ed me up for the ceremony, a small wireless mic that went in my jacket pocket, and recorded the whole thing. The music was perfect and the announcements and transitions went very smoothly. After the wedding, he emailed us the audio from the ceremony, a song I performed with my mom, and the speeches. You can tell that David takes his job very seriously and it really showed. We couldn't be happier with OneKnightDJ.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Joann · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I saw DJ Protege perform at a friend's wedding last year in 2017. Hiring David for our wedding this year was one of the best decisions we've made! He was our DJ and MC and he did above and beyond to keep the wedding day flowing seamlessly. He's fun and personable; bride & groom, guests, and vendors--especially our day-of-coordinators very much enjoyed working with him. He took all our song preferences and made sure there was no boring moment at the dance floor. After our wedding day, David sent us audio recordings of our ceremony & toasts - the perfect cherry on top. I highly recommend DJ Protege for your wedding/event. Thanks David for the great work!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Emma · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I were so impressed with David! Our wedding went so smooth and we can't thank you enough! Great set up, very professional, and very accommodating.

Sent on 12/08/2017

MARKIE · Married on 07/08/2017

David was the DJ for our wedding and he was absolutely fantastic. When we first wanted to book him he set up a meeting to get to know us a little bit and go over what type of wedding we’re having and put a deposit down. He then gave us a complete packet and song/genre choices for everything in the wedding that we could just fill out and send back to him and be ready to go. I asked him how many hours/how late he stays when we booked him to which he pretty much replied “Until the wedding is over.” We sent him back the completed packet two weeks before the wedding at which point he set up one last meeting with us to go over the packet and make sure everything is completely nailed down and ready to go with us and go over everything he would be taking care of on the day of. He was also very accommodating, between the last meeting we had and the wedding I had a couple last minute additions I sent him and he said he’d add them in no problem at all. Now on the actually wedding day he was amazing. He showed up hours before the ceremony to make sure everything was totally set up and ready to go. The ceremony went perfectly and then it was time for family/bridal party pictures. The wedding was outside and it was a HOT day and my fiancé and I were getting worn out quick, especially in my big dress. David was going back and forth between the DJ booth and where we were to check on us and bring us water bottles to make sure we were doing OK in the heat. He pretty played DJ + Wedding Coordinator all night. He coordinated with other vendors before announcing each event to make sure everybody was ready to go and on the same page. When it came time for dinner he excused each table for us to the buffet line to ensure everything flowed smoothly. And as promised he was there all night until the party had died down. We’re so appreciative of everything he did that day and would hire him in a heartbeat if we went back and did it all again.

Sent on 08/01/2017
  • Jocelyn F.

Jocelyn · Married on 06/30/2017

We worked with dj protege aka david. I just want to say WOW he was just AWESOME! Answered my texts when I had questions, was there for us at rehearsal and was even early on the wedding day to make sure everything was prepped. He did such a great job and did everything we asked for and more! Will definitely recommend to everyone. Thank you so much for making our special day a day to remember!

Sent on 07/10/2017
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/17/2017

We worked with DJ Protege for our wedding and he was great! He was so helpful, was quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had and was so flexible the day of our wedding! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/04/2017

Julia · Married on 11/12/2016

Could not say enough about David for our wedding. We had several compliments by our guests about how wonderful the DJ was and how he kept the wedding going. I would highly recommend David. He was always willing to help, make suggestions and keep our wedding going. DJ's are so critical for the wedding and we are so happy we went with OneKnight and David.

Sent on 11/25/2016

Michael · Married on 07/02/2016

David was SO easy and fun to work with. First of all, we were on a pretty tight entertainment budget, and One Knight DJ was one of the only DJs we found within our budget that provided all the services we needed. They had no hidden fees and didn't charge for all of the "add ons" other DJs wanted to charge for. After my wife met with David for the first time, she raved about how awesome he was and how she couldn't believe we found him. He was so detail oriented and thought of everything we wouldn't have. He went above and beyond, not only helping us find the music for our ceremony, reception, and dance, but found a place for us to get our sparklers for our sendoff :). He really puts his heart and soul into what he does. We had so many compliments on the music playing during the reception, and the overall ambience. This guy knows how to set the mood. Hiring him is going to make your wedding planning and wedding day smooth sailing. He's awesome and we still stay in touch and consider him a good friend.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Taira · Married on 05/29/2016

Oneknightdj went above and beyond my expectations for a dj. Everything was set up quickly and removed before our leave time, all the songs were played with perfect timing, and the announcements were perfect. He even joked around with the guests and had everyone laughing.

Sent on 06/04/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/09/2015

Our DJ, DJ Protege did a great job. He played all of the music that I requested, and he made the night fun. We asked him to include a shoe game as well as his normal DJ/MC duties and he made it very fun and friendly. The only downside was that our venue would not let us contact him until 30 days before the wedding...30 days! But that is on the venue, not them. Overall great job and fun guy to work with.

Sent on 12/09/2015
  • Jeanette

Jeanette · Married on 04/12/2015

Greg was a fantastic DJ. He got to our venue early to set up, helped my younger brother set up is electric guitar (he played our first dance song for us), and was very flexible throughout the event. He has a great personality that kept the mood light and had a great selection of music for after dinner. Our friends and family especially enjoyed all the music that they knew the dances to (Macarena, Cupid Shuffle, Electric Slide, etc.). Not only did Greg listen to our requests, but he took the time to get to know us and even ended the night by taking a picture with us. Everything about our wedding day was perfect and it wouldn't have been the same without Greg!

Sent on 04/15/2015

We couldn't be happier with how everything went at our wedding. Our DJ, David, handled the crowd great. He did everything exactly how we wanted and even helped us edit our first dance song to fit our dance. All in all, there wasn't a single thing to complain about!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Knykole · Married on 07/13/2014

Absolutely wonderful dj. He showed up early to set up. He brought lights and even extra microphones. I was impressed with how attentive he was to even the smallest details. Thank you Oneknightdj.

Sent on 07/16/2014

This was an amazing night. From start to finish the entertainment was just what we wanted ,up beat and fun. There was just enough interaction with the guest and everyone had memorable night . Thank you so much.

Sent on 05/17/2014
  • F

frank · Married on 10/05/2013

He did a great job of keeping the fun level on high.

Sent on 05/05/2014

Kathy · event on: 03/09/2013

Great dj with great music. He kept the party rocking.

Sent on 05/06/2014

Jonathan · Married on 08/12/2012

They did an awesome job at our wedding and worked with us to make sure we had a good mix of songs that we requested as well as songs that they recommended. Everyone had a great time dancing and they really kept the vibe going the entire night. DJ Protege mc'd our wedding and did an incredible job keeping the flow going and introducing all of the wedding parties. I highly recommend them for a great event.

Sent on 07/20/2014

Kristin · Married on 05/21/2011

Greg is a perfect DJ. Unobtrusive when you need him to be, and a great host of events. I highly recommend him.

Sent on 06/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2009

Greg was great! He gave me excellent suggestions for song choices, most of which I used. He showed up early, did not need any directions on what to do, and was precise and on top of every part of the reception schedule. Many of my guests told me how great they thought the DJ was. And he even added a karaoke option because he knew me and my husband were huge karaoke fans! I would definitely recommend him for any special occasion!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Vince · Married on 01/15/2005

OneKnightDJ did a fabulous job for us at our wedding reception. He played a wide selection of music that was liked by all ages. He made the event fun, kept everyone involved and interested throughout the entire reception. I would highly recommend his services for any type of party you may be having.

Sent on 05/07/2014

Dwayne · Married on 09/11/2016

David was absolutely great and a funny guy! Took the edge off when we were stressed. He played every song we requested and the queues were spot on! He had two DJ stations, one for the ceremony and one for the reception which worked out great! He stayed all day long and kept up dancing!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Vanessa · Married on 09/21/2011

Provided music services for our wedding and reception. Very professional and accommodating, and price was awesome! Great choice for your event!

Sent on 06/01/2014

Rachelle · Married on 10/15/2016

David Baker (aka DJ Protege) did a great job DJing for our wedding. He was very easy to work throughout the whole process - both planning ahead of time and on the day itself. We picked some music and he showed up ready to play. We had chosen to go with him because of his background in club DJing. We wanted a dance party at the end of our wedding, and we got it! One of the venue staff members even commented on the originality of the dance music. We did have one misstep where he announced our names incorrectly during the grand entrance (we are keeping our last names and had provided the correct announcement earlier). We laughed it off and everything else went off great, so we would recommend his services.

Sent on 01/07/2017