My Cakes Reviews

25 | Houston, TX

25 Reviews for My Cakes

jeanne · Married on 08/24/2012

Nikki was extremely professional and helped with ideas and answered questions so as to meet our needs.
    She was quick to respond even on her day off. She also checked and double checked that we were sure of our decision before preparing our order.

Sent on 08/28/2012

TEMITOPE · Married on 08/12/2012

Woooooooowwwwwww... there is no word to describe how great the cake was. Every single person at the event loved both the look and taste. I am yet to find a cake that taste better.Thank to "My Cakes" for making my event so special.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Noma · Married on 06/23/2012

We had such a good time at our consultation with Nikki. Our wedding cake came out perfect. It was amazing from the looks to the taste. Nikki went beyond our expectations with the design of the cake. We got many compliments on the taste and the design. I have no complaints. We would definitely be expecting our 1 yr anniversary cake from them. We were very pleased. Thanks Nikki!!!

Gbemi · Married on 06/23/2012

Love, Love, Love it... With the time and energy it takes to plan a wedding "My Cakes" was exactly what I needed to scratch off of my list. Extremely professional, knows what she's doing, on time, and great are ALL of the words that I have to describe my "My Cakes" experience. For ALL future brides, birthdays, or anyone who needs a cake for their event... GO WITH "MY CAKES" you will not regret it... Ohhhhhh... One more thing... Everyone at the wedding loved the taste of the cake... Along with the looks... The taste was great... That added another extra bonus to my "My Cakes" experience :-)

sheri · Married on 05/19/2012

Excellent service and both the wedding and engagement cakes were to die for!!!!! You would not go wrong picking My Cakes as your vendor.

Sent on 06/15/2012

Angela · Married on 05/05/2012

Our wedding cake was just FABULOUS!!! Nikki delivered in every way. My husband and I would definitely recommend MY CAKES for any occasion!
    Nikki, thank you so much for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/05/2012
  • Rinata

Rinata · Married on 03/24/2012

My Cakes is hands down the best tasting cake for the buck in Houston. Nikki's cake melts in your mouth-it is so delicious! Nikki made cupcakes for our rehearsal dinner in additon to our wedding and grooms cake and they were all so yummy and decorated beautifully. Last but certainly not least, she is very affordable compared to oher cake vendors in Houston. We plan to use My Cakes for every event we have from here on out.

Sent on 04/16/2012

Eli · Married on 02/25/2012

I had originally planed on having an engagement party, but two weeks to the date things had escalated to a full blown wedding. I was extremely happy that Mrs.Nikki from My Cakes, was able to work with my budget and make the wedding cake of my dreams (in less than a week)! The cake looked beautiful and tasted amazing. I would recommend My Cakes, for any occasion especially when plans change in the last minute.

Pat · Married on 02/10/2012

We were a walk-in client who was in need of an anniversary cake at the last minute because our other vendor failed to respond. We needed the cake in less than a week. Nikki was very gracious throughout the initial meeting, offering suggestions, and being very flexible. Our cake was delivered to the hotel in perfect condition and on time. It was absolutely gorgeous and tasted even better. I've passed her card on to friends who were in attendance at their request and highly recommended her to other people I know who are in need of a cake. Great job!

Sent on 04/01/2012

Laura · Married on 10/22/2011

My husband and I were so delighted with My Cakes! The owner Nikki, welcomed us right away and made the process of "cake shopping" enjoyable. All our wedding guest loved our cakes! We had a wedding cake and groom cake and both were done for a great price. My Cakes delivered the cakes the day of the wedding and set them up beautifully! What makes My Cakes so wonderful is the people and the service they provide!!!

Sent on 10/17/2012

Liz · Married on 08/13/2011

Ms Nikki was the best!! I loved my cake and so did my guests! I love the fact that she was able to take my ideas from my head and create the cake for me. I had five tiers and she made all the tiers had different flavors. I love everything about her, so was so sweet and available when needed. I will use her when ever I need a cake, she is my first and only choice!

Sent on 03/06/2012
  • F

funke · Married on 02/14/2011

Tasty cake, made from the scratch--every bite makes you crave for more.Decoration was well arranged and was beyond my imagination, colors are well combined, very neat cake, no cracks and everything on it is edible---what more can you ask for!

Sent on 07/02/2011

Desurai · Married on 02/13/2011

The quality of the cake was outstanding there were so many flavors to choose from as well. They are so pleasant to work with and realy priced well for the quality and presentation received.

Sent on 03/10/2011

Margaret · Married on 07/07/2003

It was Awesome Bites

Sent on 04/05/2011

Abby · Married on 08/04/2012

I am very happy with my whole wedding cake experience with My Cakes! My cake looked beautiful and tasted great. Everyone loved it! They were also very understanding when I was not able to deliver the ribbon that I wanted to use on the cake until a week before the wedding. The cake was a very reasonable price and I would defenitly recommend them to anyone who is looking to buy any kind if cake!

Dayo · Married on 07/23/2011

I can vividly remember the warm reception my husband and i got when we first went to MY CAKES, it made us feel so relaxed. Our second visit, which was for tasting wasnt an exception.
    on the D day, the cake was delivered right on time. It looked so beautiful and tasted great.. It was everything dreamed my wedding cake would be.
    Our little man would be a year old in a couple of weeks, trust me, his birthday cake is already booked it MY CAKES.

Sent on 09/13/2012

Janel · Married on 08/27/2012

The cakes looked and tasted great!

Sent on 08/28/2012

Sheila · Married on 07/16/2011

Our guests said the cake was delicious, not real sweet which they liked.

Sent on 07/20/2011

Kamran · Married on 03/12/2011

I really loved their work and the cake, Taste wise and the way the decorate the cake was amazing.. .. Kamran & Salima

Sent on 04/08/2011

Chinelo · Married on 04/17/2010

3.5

Wonderful service. The cake tasted lovely. Rich flavor. She was flexible with the styles and flavor I wanted. Just be clear about the size of the cake. It came out much smaller than I expected. Besides that, it turned out well. Highly recommendable.

Sent on 02/01/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 11/09/2012

Nikki did a great job on my daughter Michelle's Wedding cake Nov 9 2012 as unusual as it was.
    Nikki's Cake is the best I think I have ever tasted and we tasted a lot of cake
    -- which was very important to my daughter that the cake taste as good as it looked
    well done Nikki I hope everyone finds you -- what a treasure in the business.

Sent on 11/12/2012

Tim · Married on 04/14/2012

3.0

By far, the best cake we have every eaten. Not a single bite went uneaten.
    Visually, the cake was not quite what we had in mind, nor what we discussed. However it still photographed well, and tasted amazing.

Sent on 05/25/2012
  • O

Olabisi · Married on 03/03/2012

2.5

The cake was very nice, the decor was beautiful just like we wanted, we were pleased with the cake. Thank you for making our dream wedding cake a reality.

Sent on 08/14/2012

3.0

We were very happy with our wedding cake. Nikki was a pleasure to work with and did a great job even on such short notice.

Sent on 08/17/2012

3.0

We tried A LOT of the popular cake bakeries in town before going with My Cakes. They had a ton of different cake flavors and each was fantastic! It was also nice that the baker let you try the samples alone so that you can talk honestly amongst each other without any guilt. The hardest part of the decision to go with My Cakes was deciding which cake flavor to go with. It was an added bonus that they were VERY reasonable in price. The only set back is that the cake itself wasn’t so great looking. We had asked for a very simple cake design and yet it came out looking pretty bad. Lucky, we had our florist add fresh flowers so that distracted from the bad fondant work that was done along the base of the cake. We were pretty surprised how ugly it was because all the cakes at the shop and in their photo gallery looked really nice. That being said, everyone at the wedding couldn’t stop talking about how great the cake tasted! I had never seen so many empty cake plates at a wedding before (and that’s because we served a big dinner.) Anther con about the place is they aren’t always open at the times they say they are so you have to call in advance to make sure someone will be there. Overall I would defiantly recommended My Cakes to everyone I know as long as you went with a very very simple design and taste is your main priority. I am defiantly asking My Cakes to do all my cakes from now on!

Sent on 07/07/2012