4509 Kelvin Dr, Houston, TX 77005 Map · Phone number · Visit website

3 Reviews for The Village Bakery

1 User photo

Leslie · Married on 07/26/2014

We provided a picture of a wedding cake for my daughter's wedding to The Village Bakery. The actual cake looked much better than the picture and it was delicious!!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Racquel C. · Married on 03/26/2019

Poor Execution and Communication

Where do I start?! I can't share enough with everyone how upset I was with the outcome of the cake. I contacted MANY bakeries in Houston regarding creating a special anniversary cake for our conference's 100th anniversary. It was for our shining star reception at the Marriott Marquis Houston and I had many communications with the owner - Richard Jucker - regarding the concept (provided a picture of my inspiration cake) and he reassured me countless times that he could easily create the cake. He immediately put me at ease. There were red flags prior to the event - a lack of follow-up after my many inquiries regarding the pictures for the cake being received, etc. - but I still felt that I would receive what I paid for. It was confirmed that the cake would be delivered by 3:30 pm. I repeat - 3:30 pm. My reception was 6 - 7pm. The cake didn't get to my event until 6:45 pm. I didn't receive any phone calls or was notified that the cake would be arriving late; no heads up, nada ... zilch communication. I contacted the bakery multiple times as to the cake's whereabouts and eventually spoke to the owner (they gave me his cell #) - who was apologetic .... however by that time, I was extremely upset, disappointed and frustrated. Unbeknownst to me, he quietly arrived with the cake and immediately left ... at 6:45 pm. As I mentioned before, my event ended at 7 pm. The cake was also supposed to serve as a showpiece/photo-op for conference attendees. I've attached the style and design for what I wanted for our conference's 100th anniversary cake VS what I actually got .... I'm still speechless as to what showed up at reception and I still have no words. What was supposed to be a celebratory and joyous event, ended up being filled with complete and utter disappointment - from the lack of professionalism and communication towards the end ..... to the actual CAKE .... which look rushed and sloppy.

Sent on 03/30/2019

• 4509 Kelvin Dr Houston, TX, 77005 See on map
    713-357-6070 (Phone number)
    Location of (The Village Bakery)