29 Reviews for Monica Lopez Photography

One Event/Day (1)
Slideshow (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
24 Monica Lopez Photography Reviews

We had SO MUCH FUN with Monica during our hour-long "LOVE" photoshoot on Playacar Beach. She made us feel so comfortable, gave just enough guidance throughout the shoot, and made us smile and laugh. We just got our photos from her and we feel she truly captured our love! We are just amazed by how they turned out – the sky, the colors, our expressions toward each other – she is truly a professional! She is so incredibly professional and and her artwork is something we'll cherish forever.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 1/1/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Monica is very friendly and easy to work with. She is a pleasure to work with and provide good spots to take photos and great tips of how to dress up in color matching etc. her tips are very useful! the hair artist she recommended is great too!

Profile Picture alana, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I loved Monica! We used her for our wedding this past August. She was so sweet and easy to work with. Coming from Ohio to plan a wedding in another country was scary. I also hold pictures as my top priority for a wedding, but I saw her reviews and style of work and chose her. I'm so happy I did, and now will hopefully help someone else by reading my review! We received 500 digital pictures and I just love them all! The quality is amazing. Also, we got our pictures back within a month! Her response to any questions I had was so quick. I wish her nothing but love and success and highly recommend.

Profile Picture Laura , 8/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files

I came across Monica's work while looking for a photographer to capture my destination wedding. I first contacted her in August 2016 and kept in touch with her up until my wedding day in April 2017. Monica always responded to my questions in a timely and professional manner. She helped me chose the best wedding package and went through my expectations and a timeline for my big day. Monica and her second photographer Santiago did an amazing job capturing the special moments of our wedding and I am very happy with the results. Monica and Santiago were both very organized and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. I would highly recommend her, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Erika, 4/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I actually found out about Monica from a friend here in Idaho who was married in Mexico about a year before us. We contacted her about 5 months before the date of the wedding. She set up a skype chat so we could 'meet' her before our big day. On the day of the wedding, Monica was punctual and wonderful to work with.

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had a brilliant idea to propose to my girlfriend during our stay in Cancun. Through Google I was introduced to Monica Lopez and a few other photographers. My request was simple; I need a great proposal idea and location. Outside of Monica, NONE delivered. Monica was so easy to work with. She provided me with multiple ideas and in English clearly explained everything I needed to know to get to the surprise location and a secret code so she would know the right moment.
Not only was the proposal location amazing, Monica then took us to another beautiful area to continue our photo shoot.
Monica put in 100% effort. She worked with every request we had and even got wet to capture the perfect beach shots!
This review is long overdue but if you need a photographer Monica is the one! She is amazing to work with and we are very happy with our photos.

To see our proposal, look here!

Profile Picture Naomi, 8/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My Husband Steven, and I visited Mexico for our 1st wedding anniversary July 2017. We both have crazy/busy lives and wanted to relax and enjoy spending time with one another. We thought, what better way to capture these memories than to have photos taken?! We Googled a lot and did a ton of research to find someone to take photos for us. When I came across Monica, I knew she would be perfect for the job! She was so professional and fun. She made the photos so easy and comfortable. I have never seen a photo of hers that I did not like, and ours were no different. We had to buy all the photos because it was hard to pick and choose. We are so happy! We are definitely getting these printed to put in our home.

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Booking with Monica was the best thing I did! I can't stop looking at my pictures over and over again. She captured every moment of the wedding and did an incredible job at editing the photos (not that I know much about it, but they look amazing!) I booked the 8 hour package and the price is definitely worth it! Monica and Jorge (the assistant) are awesome!

Profile Picture Natalia, 5/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Monica shot our wedding on Isla Mujeres in January 2016.

We can't praise Mónica's great work on our wedding photos enough! She was an absolute pleasure to work with from the start. She was professional, helpful and straight forward during our inquiries and flexible and fun to work with on our big day. We asked for a few specific shots and Monica was on board and enthusiastic to get them just right. She knew great locations on the island for beautiful scenery too.

Looking back at our photos, she captured every special moment beautifully (which is impressive since they truly are moments! How she was able to be in just the right spot at just the right time without me seeing her continues to baffle me). She also captured our friends and family in posed shots and candids. Our photos are lovely and we couldn't be happier with them.

I know it can be frightening to sign a contract with someone you've never met but I'm confident that Monica will exceed your expectations as she did ours.

Additionally, she's so sweet, fun and personable. I know you'll love working with her.

Profile Picture Cera, 1/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I got help from Monica for my proposal photography in Cancun and she was great throughout the entire process. She explained everything clearly and helped me make my decision and she even helped me find the best spot to do the proposal. She was at the location earlier than what we agreed and stayed little longer, she even helped us find our way back to hotel after the photography. I did a lot of research before asking her for help and I can say that I am very, very, very happy with my decision. The picture came out great and she delivered them on time. If you are looking to hire a photographer in Cancun and are reading my review don’t hesitate, just book her!!!

Profile Picture Narbeh, 12/17/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot

If you are looking for a great photographer in the Cancun/Playa area, look no further! Monica was wonderful throughout the entire process. From when we first contacted her, months before the wedding, to when we received our photos after the wedding, she was nothing but helpful, friendly, open and eager to turn our special day into an unforgettable memory.

She accommodated our needs and wishes while also being creative. If you have not checked out her blog, you should, her photos are stunning. She has a great eye for photography and captured our moments better than we could have imagined. Her second photographer, Santiago, was also great!

We had a lot of trouble with many other aspects of planning a destination wedding but Monica was consistently one of the bright spots. She was very responsive and proactive about making sure she (and we) had the needed information. After we settled our contract with her, we decided we also wanted video of our wedding. We asked Monica and she put us in touch with a wonderful videographer (Oscar Nunez Video). They worked together and delivered an amazing product!

Some hotels, like ours, charge a fee to bring in outside vendors instead of using their preferred vendors. For us it was absolutely worth it! We wanted our small and simple wedding to look every bit as beautiful as those perfect weddings you see on Pinterest, and Monica was able to make it happen! We could not be happier with our pictures! Thank you, Monica!

Profile Picture User4894919, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Slideshow

Monica is a very nice photographer. She was totally flexible to arrange the shooting. My husband and I just loved our pictures and! I highly recomend her job!

Profile Picture Isabela, 6/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What we have to say of Monica's work is just wonderful.
Perfect shots, left us at ease, we had great bargaining, was punctual delivery of photos, all beyond expectations. Are physical precious memories!
Thank you Monica! We highly recommend to couples who wish to do!

Profile Picture Carolina, 4/16/15, 1 Review
4.2

It was a wonderful day and thanks to Monica Lopez we have beautiful memories!

Profile Picture User5217535, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Monica was absolutely amazing, she has taken our family pictures and our wedding photos! So blessed to have had her do our pictures again after we found her 3 years ago! Do not hesitate, book Monica now! You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 3/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hands down best photos for our destination wedding! This is a late review since I was having technical issues with wedding wire previously. We got married at Oceans Wedding venue on March 4th 2015. Monica was suggested to us by the venue's wedding planner, Bertha. Monica is a talented professional with great vision and use of color in nature. She did our wedding photos as well as our underwater trash the dress session. If you are a decent swimmer, I would highly recommend doing the underwater session! It was sooo much fun and one of a kind!
Monica was very accommodating and her pricing is very reasonable as well. The underwater shoot was a bit more expensive, understandably since it required most of the day, travel, and equipment, Worth every penny!
We hope to return for an anniversary shoot in the future!

Profile Picture Shannon & Matthew, 3/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our pictures captured the beauty of the sunrise ....very professional....very clear pictures ...we are very pleased ...thank you for an awesome job ..

Maddy n Luis
Xoxo

Profile Picture Maddy, 2/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Monica did a excellent work with our wedding's pictures, she is so kind and professional. No doubt we recommend her services!

Profile Picture Dante, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I hired Monica Lopez Photography to shoot my destination wedding in Tulum, Mexico at El Pez Turtle Cove in October. I hired both her, and her assistant which I cannot remember the name of (sorry)! I really recommend hiring two photographers for a wedding because they can capture so many more angles and give you a variety of photos to choose from! They were very nice and Monica personally helped me with finding vendors for my wedding which was not part of her job, but helped me tremendously being that it was a destination wedding and I have never been to Mexico before! Monica was lovely to work with and I would hire her again and again if I could! My pictures are beautiful and they were so creative on the spot to come up with gorgeous picture ideas! Please do yourself a favor and book her! You will not regret it!!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Monica was my photographer for our wedding.
She is very sweet, responsive, reliable and very professional.
Did an amazing job on our wedding photos. We were so thrilled when we got them.

We are glad that we chose her as our photographer and would definitely recommend her!!

Profile Picture Keili, 10/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I found Monica on line two months before my son and daughter-in-law's wedding in Cancun. She continue to communicate with me all the way up until the wedding day putting my mind at ease that all would be fine. She showed up on time and worked really hard getting good pictures even though we had the heat to deal with. She took many pictures and ended up with more than she promised. Her quality was excellent and she made the photo shoot fun.
I would highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Katt, 8/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Monica for a photo shoot for our 10th anniversary/vow renewal. We never got to meet her in person before the shoot as this was a destination vow renewal but we picked her based on the quality of her work; her style was exactly what I was looking for: fresh, modern, photojournalistic style. Also, her website looked great and she had a strong online presence (Facebook/Instagram). Once we started communicating online, we just seemed to connect right away and were both on the same page immediately. It also helped that she is very prompt in returning emails--excellent communication.

When we finally met Monica on the day of the shoot, my initial nervousness melted away as she has a very calming presence. She was warm and friendly as well as professional and experienced. She knew exactly what to do, how to give us directions, what would look good in the photos, etc. She had a million ideas which I'm glad because it gave us so many beautiful shots/options to choose from later on. I honestly hate putting on makeup and dresses (I prefer jeans!) and just feel overall awkward all dolled up but somehow, Monica made us feel so relaxed and it showed in our amazing pictures. We ended up having a lot of fun!

And my husband and I could not be any happier with the final product. Our pictures are gorgeous and I get so many compliments whenever I show people. Monica made us look so great!! Monica has delivered over and beyond what we expected and I am so thankful we found her.

Profile Picture christina, 8/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Monica was originally referred to me by my wedding planner Lina. She was very responsive to my emails and very professional. She took the time to get to know me and how I envisioned my wedding day. When my special day came she was able to capture everyone moment beautifully from us first seeing each to our first kiss as husband and wife. I highly recommend Monica.

Profile Picture Vasa, 5/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Monica is AMAZING! We exchanged a ton of emails to the point that by the time we actually met in person, we were fast friends. She is extremely professional and responsive. Her website is clean and easy to read; and the timeline from shoot to photos in hand is FAST. Monica arrived at our resort on schedule and I am fascinated at what she was able to capture in a 60 minute session. If you are in the Cancun/Riviera Maya area and are in need of photography services, I HIGHLY recommend her!

Profile Picture Shanae, 5/9/09, 1 Review