Monica Lopez Photography Reviews

Monica Lopez Photography 5
Monica Lopez Photography 6
Monica Lopez Photography 7

Stephanie · Getting married on 07/06/2019

We picked Cancun for our pictures because we knew it was our last vacation before the wedding and we’ve always said Mexico has the best beaches. We were in Playa Del Carmen 2 years ago and my fiancé said Cancun’s beaches are beautiful, we should go next time. Both of us also love being on a beach, so I had suggested just doing the engagement pictures there. Doing them at home in the city wasn’t “us”.
    What we enjoyed most about our vacation was probably enjoying the pool/beach side. Spending time off in this scenery is so relaxing. We also really enjoyed the engagement shoot. It was one step closer in the planning process and Monica made us both feel so relaxed and at ease, it felt natural! You can tell when you’re working with her, she’s very passionate about what she does and values the whole process. Many photographers dont give off that vibe and it’s nice to work with someone who loves what they do. She made sure we made use of all our time, had great ideas for pictures and didnt take long at all to get them back to us. We would definitely love to work with her again in the future. We can’t really pick a favourite picture from our shoot, as they are so different and unique, they all have something admirable about them. I think ones where she caught us off guard and took snaps of us laughing are my favourite - they look the most natural!
    For any couples planning on doing this in the future, pick a beach! The pictures turn out so well. Wear light colours and have fun!

Sent on 07/13/2018
    Monica Lopez Photography 8
    Monica Lopez Photography 9
    Monica Lopez Photography 10
    Monica Lopez Photography 11
    Monica Lopez Photography 12
    Monica Lopez Photography 13

Arden · Getting married on 06/08/2019

We hired Monica to take our engagement photos and I honestly cannot say enough good things! As a slightly camera shy couple her warmth, joy, and expertise really helped us open up more in the photos. She really helped direct for the shots which we desperately needed, but was never bossy or demanding. I have never had photos of either of us that I’ve loved more. They’re genuine, but flattering. Romantic, but not cheesy. If you’re still making a decision on what photographer to use, don’t hesitate! You will be so happy with Monica!

Sent on 03/20/2018
  • Anna

Anna Colwell · Married on 01/25/2019

Nothing short of amazing!

We decided right away when we got engaged that we wanted to do a destination wedding, once we had settled on a location and a resort we needed to look for a wedding photographer. Our resort included a studio, but after looking at their pictures we felt as a couple they did not capture us exactly the way we wanted our wedding to be captured. We did a google search and came across Monica. Her reviews were AMAZING, and her work was everything we were looking for.

I emailed Monica and we started to chat details and from the beginning she felt like a friend to us. She put us at ease!

Hiring a photographer not in the same country as you as a stressful thought to me, but after speaking and Skyping with Monica, we knew we'd found our match!

We were lucky enough to be in Cancun touring our venue and had engagement photos shot with her. My goodness they were glorious! My husband is camera shy and really does not enjoy photographs but she had us so relaxed and comfortable the entire time! We even got into the water and really had some fun!

When it came time for the wedding Monica was just as professional, friendly, and amazing. She communicated with my wedding coordinator at the Excellence Riviera Cancun resort flawlessly.

Our wedding day was a downpour right before the ceremony started. However, efficiently Monica was able to capture pictures of the bridal party before the storms rolled in.

After the ceremony she was also able to get all 55 people into a group picture, and provide us with breathtaking shots of everyone on the beach.

Everyone in our wedding complimented us on how kind Monica was, and they all felt at ease with her!

I highly suggest Monica, she is a gem!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 01/01/2019

We had SO MUCH FUN with Monica during our hour-long "LOVE" photoshoot on Playacar Beach. She made us feel so comfortable, gave just enough guidance throughout the shoot, and made us smile and laugh. We just got our photos from her and we feel she truly captured our love! We are just amazed by how they turned out – the sky, the colors, our expressions toward each other – she is truly a professional! She is so incredibly professional and and her artwork is something we'll cherish forever.

Sent on 02/04/2018
  • X

Xuan Wang · Married on 11/30/2018

Friendly and excellent service. Moni goes above and beyond her duty as a photographer.

When my husband and I decided to get married in Cancun, the first thing I thought about was finding the right photographer - the day will stay in your memory but the photos will last forever. I was searching for wedding photographers in Cancun and came accross Mónica's website. I instantly fell in love with her work, not only did the photos look amazing but each picture captured so much emotion. The people in her photos looked genuinly happy and all emotions looked so real, which is exactly what I wanted in my wedding photos.
    Moni was also really helpful in everything. She helped us stick to our budget by designing for us a small package that would suit all of our needs without exceeding our budget. She also adviced us on how to deal with issues we were having with the hotel (the RIU Caribe in Cancun is terrible, they're experts in causing you unnecessary stress and being unhelpful, don't have your wedding there). Moni went above and beyond her duty as a photographer. She is so warm and lovely, she was great at telling us what to do, since me and my husband are very camera-shy. She is very organised, punctual and all-in-all such an excellent photographer. I found that she knew what I wanted in my photos before I knew myself.
    If you want amazing photos, an excellent service and a fantastic and friendly photographer, Mónica is your person to go to! Thank you so much Moni!

Sent on 01/12/2019
    Monica Lopez Photography 14
    Monica Lopez Photography 15
    Monica Lopez Photography 16
  • Sonia

Sonia · Married on 11/24/2018

Priceless Moments Captured

Monica is an amazing photographer, she was very professional and kept me and my husband calm throughout the madness of wedding prep! She was lovely to work with and we really felt at ease, which I think is very important when you are having someone take photos of you. My entire family was pleased with the photos, I felt that they really captured the “moments” which was something we really wanted out of a photographer. Don’t hesitate, she is honestly the best and I would recommend her to anyone needing their special day captured in frames.

Sent on 12/25/2018
    Monica Lopez Photography 24
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing photographer!

Why did you picked Cancun / Mandala Beach Club for your wedding?

We loved the idea of a destination wedding. Still traditional, but more intimate versus a large wedding. We have been together for almost ten years, we wanted something exciting and different and well Cancun it was!

What is your most memorable moment / what did you liked the most from your wedding day?

The entire wedding was amazing, the most memorable moment was when we exchanged our vows, and promising “everlasting love” to one another.
    Also, the gorgeous beach in the background was literally breathtaking.

Do you have any tip for couples having their weddings done in Mandala Beach Club / Mexico?

I do recommend to take your time to do your research. We took a long time to find the perfect photographer for us, it was actually one of the hardest piece to our puzzle when wedding planning. Everyone has a different style so taking the time to research their work is super important. It payed off because our wedding pictures are so good!

How was your experience with Monica Lopez Photography?

After seeing all our portraits weeks later, it literally made me feel as if I was reliving our wedding day. The moments she captured are priceless. Our package fit our budget and she was straight forward with prices. Our interaction before the wedding day was so blissful, very down to earth and gives you a sense of ease. Her emails were very reassuring and I needed that! Cause let’s be honest planning a wedding can be stressful.
    Ending on a good note, I think the pictures are full of love and are so artistic!
    Which one is your favorite picture and why?

I honestly loved all the photos, but my faviorate ones are definitely the beach portraits. I got so many compliments from my friends, family, and coworkers!

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Monica Lopez Photography 25

Krissy · Married on 09/15/2018

We chose Monica because she was our style. We love how clean and non traditional the photos in her gallery looked. I feel it’s so difficult to find someone to capture moments without posing the whole time, and she did just that. We also chose her because she takes the time to get to know you. Unlike others we looked at..and we looked at many, she was the ONLY one who made it a priority to video chat, so she knew exactly what we wanted, expected and got to know us on a more personal level. She made all our worries and fears disappear.
    I would tell future brides to let Monica do what she does best. I wanted pictures I seen in Pinterest and they didn’t turn out as I envisioned (I would assume because I’m not a model lol) she found comfortable poses that expressed us and our body language. I would advise brides to pay attention to hair choices, (although my hair wasn’t what I wanted and didn’t have time to fix it ) work with your surroundings , especially when your by the ocean with A TON of wind. I’d also advise to have her longer than 4 hours . (I had an hour included with the resort and on a budget) but looking back I wish I would have got her for the whole wedding because my other photos were not good at all. If I did have the extra time, I would have done first look photos also, just because the wedding happened so fast and non stop, it would have been nice to take ten minutes out to take in each other. Next time I’m in Mexico, she’ll be my photographer, as well as my friends /families from the years on.
    Thanks so much Monica for such a wonderful experience .

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Monica Lopez Photography 33
    Monica Lopez Photography 34
    Monica Lopez Photography 35

Ashley · Married on 08/08/2018

My husband and I chose to get married in Cancun Mexico at Hyatt ziva this past summer. Pictures are worth so much to me all my life I've captured pictures because I love to look back at memories to have forever. I was very particular on who we would chose for photographer. After looking through hash tags, location tags and viewing many profiles I found Monica and completely felt in love! Monica was so pleasant to work with and the day of the wedding I felt so comfortable and confident in her. Our pictures came out absolutely perfect.. I cant thank her enough for the fabulous work that she did. We upgraded to 'trash the dress' and met with Monica the following weekend for more pictures and I was blown away by them as well! SO SO happy with our pictures. Thank you Monica!

Sent on 09/06/2018
    Monica Lopez Photography 41
    Monica Lopez Photography 42
  • X

XINRAN · Married on 07/21/2018

We originally wanted to take photos at Tulum but the beach there was not beautiful enough due to the seaweeds. Monica was able to schedule another section 3 days later when we arrived at Cancun and the Cancun section was a sunset section, which was very impressive!

Sent on 05/27/2018

Kendra Thares · Married on 07/07/2018

The Best Cancun Photographer

We loved working with Monica! My husband and I did a trash the dress shoot while vacationing in Cancun and Monica went above and beyond to get exactly what we wanted. I happened to stumble across her work while on Instagram and I am so glad I did! She helped us decide where to get the photo shoot done and what time of day would be best. She was very quick at responding to any questions I had leading up to the day and gave well thought out suggestions to any issues that did arise. She even helped us decide which package would be best for us and said that an hour shoot would be plenty of time (she was right). She is fast, efficient, and knows the right angles to get the perfect picture. I had such a hard time only picking 40 photos for the package we got (I ended up with 43 because I just couldn't narrow it down any more). I would highly recommend anyone going to Cancun to get a photo shoot done with her, whether it be family photos, engagement photos, wedding photos, trash the dress, or just because. You won't be disappointed! Thanks again Monica!

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Monica Lopez Photography 43
    Monica Lopez Photography 44
    Monica Lopez Photography 45

alana · Married on 06/10/2018

Monica is very friendly and easy to work with. She is a pleasure to work with and provide good spots to take photos and great tips of how to dress up in color matching etc. her tips are very useful! the hair artist she recommended is great too!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Pascale · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I already knew we wanted a unique wedding. I have a special relationship with Mexico, having studied and worked in that country, Mexico is very close to my heart and we always knew I wanted to get married there one day. Our first trip together was in Mexico and my husband fell in love with the country and its people as much as I had. It was one of the many things that showed me he was the one. Of course, we wanted unique and gorgeous picture to match. We checked on wedding wire and found Monica Lopez. Her style matched our own and she had won awards and seemed awesome and down to earth, which she is. Another one of our requirements. She lived up to our expectations and even more through the whole process :before, the day of and after. She was even more knowledgable than our own wedding planner : she gave advice on local things that didn't have anything to do with photography. She went above and beyond. She was always very quick to answer our inquiries, The pictures...wow....they are breathtaking. She is the best. You can tell she knows what she is doing, and she is so nice, friendly and down to earth. We just received the pictures and we are speechless, teary eyed and emotional all at once. She is amazing at capturing unforgettable moments. She is the best destination wedding photgrapher there is out there, hands down. I have seen pictures from other wedding photographer in the same area, forget about it, she is in a different league, she rocks! Thanks Monica for capturing this special day for us!:-)

Sent on 06/24/2018

Kimberly · Married on 05/05/2018

My husband and I visited Mexico on two separate occasions to find out where were wanted to have our destination wedding. We finally decided to have our wedding at The Omni Cancun Hotel and Villas because it was the right price point that we could afford with luxury for ourselves and our families. My most memorable moment was having both of our families come together from all over the world to witness our union together. The moment I experienced walking down the aisle for the first time was very nerve wrecking but also memorable because I was marrying the love of my life. Everything went perfectly during my wedding day as everything that was planned worked out well. One tip for brides who would like to have a wedding in Cancun is to definitely do your research on your vendors and to remember it is a once in a lifetime opportunity that passes quickly. I planned my wedding myself and exactly how I wanted it to be, it took two years but everyday mattered. My wedding coordinator recommended not only one but two wedding photographer vendors for our wedding but unfortunately I was not happy with the photos and had to decline each. I did my own research and was lucky enough to find Monica Lopez Photography via WeddingWire and couldn’t have been happier. I read her story and viewed her work and automatically knew she had to be my photographer! She is so gifted and on the months/weeks/days leading up to the wedding, she was always checking in on me and always offering her assistance. Monica and her partner Isidro knows how to work with couples perfectly and are a great team together. My favorite picture in our sneak peak photo is my husband and I in the sunlight putting the ring on my finger during the ceremony. I highly recommend Monica Lopez Photography to every bride who would like to have a wedding in Mexico. You shouldn’t hesitate to book her as she will not disappoint!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    Monica Lopez Photography 46
  • Z

Zach · Married on 04/21/2018

We cannot recommend working with Monica Lopez Photography enough! Her professionalism was clear from our first exchange of emails. Planning a destination wedding can be a stressful endeavor, and we sincerely appreciate that Monica helped make this part of the planning process smooth and easy.

Monica Lopez Photography turned around our wedding photos very quickly. We were so excited to review each photo and share with all of our loved ones. We've only heard lovely feedback from all of our family and friends.

Sent on 06/18/2018

Laura · Married on 04/19/2018

Monica was amazing to work with! We love our pictures and appreciate her time and dedication to such an important event in our lives!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Arianne · Married on 01/17/2018

--Why did you pick Playa del Carmen / Azul Fives for your wedding?
    We chose Playa del Carmen because it's always a good time there! It has white sands against beautiful blue water, is more affordable than other destinations, and has great weather. It’s amazing how quickly the day flew by, but when we reminisce, we mostly remember laughing and smiling. We also enjoyed incorporating Filipino wedding traditions into the ceremony and reception.

We are extremely grateful for Monica and her team. Monica is quick with the shutter. She is exceptional at capturing candid moments that illustrate our relationship with each other and with our loved ones. We feel that she truly captured “us”! We also admire her thoughtfulness, creatively incorporating others into the scene, creating an even BETTER photo!
    Monica and her team really know how to “go with the flow” of things, as I am sure, not every wedding party tries to pants the groom. (Lol!)

--Which one is your favorite picture and why?
    We went through the package of photos over and over again, but we could not decide on one! We scroll through the photos and just smile the entire time. However, for the sake of choosing one, I’m choosing a photo of me twirling Arvine on the pier. After he twirled me, I jokingly said, “Okay, you’re turn!” and he happily twirled! I think this photo summarizes not only the feel of our wedding day, but also our relationship. “If love is the treasure, laughter is the key” – Yakov Smirnoff

Sent on 03/26/2018
    Monica Lopez Photography 51
    Monica Lopez Photography 52
    Monica Lopez Photography 53

Laura · Married on 08/11/2017

I loved Monica! We used her for our wedding this past August. She was so sweet and easy to work with. Coming from Ohio to plan a wedding in another country was scary. I also hold pictures as my top priority for a wedding, but I saw her reviews and style of work and chose her. I'm so happy I did, and now will hopefully help someone else by reading my review! We received 500 digital pictures and I just love them all! The quality is amazing. Also, we got our pictures back within a month! Her response to any questions I had was so quick. I wish her nothing but love and success and highly recommend.

Sent on 10/18/2017
    Monica Lopez Photography 54

Erika · Married on 04/25/2017

I came across Monica's work while looking for a photographer to capture my destination wedding. I first contacted her in August 2016 and kept in touch with her up until my wedding day in April 2017. Monica always responded to my questions in a timely and professional manner. She helped me chose the best wedding package and went through my expectations and a timeline for my big day. Monica and her second photographer Santiago did an amazing job capturing the special moments of our wedding and I am very happy with the results. Monica and Santiago were both very organized and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. I would highly recommend her, you won't regret it!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Ashley · Married on 11/25/2016

I actually found out about Monica from a friend here in Idaho who was married in Mexico about a year before us. We contacted her about 5 months before the date of the wedding. She set up a skype chat so we could 'meet' her before our big day. On the day of the wedding, Monica was punctual and wonderful to work with.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Naomi · Married on 08/21/2016

I had a brilliant idea to propose to my girlfriend during our stay in Cancun. Through Google I was introduced to Monica Lopez and a few other photographers. My request was simple; I need a great proposal idea and location. Outside of Monica, NONE delivered. Monica was so easy to work with. She provided me with multiple ideas and in English clearly explained everything I needed to know to get to the surprise location and a secret code so she would know the right moment.
    Not only was the proposal location amazing, Monica then took us to another beautiful area to continue our photo shoot.
    Monica put in 100% effort. She worked with every request we had and even got wet to capture the perfect beach shots!
    This review is long overdue but if you need a photographer Monica is the one! She is amazing to work with and we are very happy with our photos.

To see our proposal, look here!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Michelle · Married on 07/04/2016

My Husband Steven, and I visited Mexico for our 1st wedding anniversary July 2017. We both have crazy/busy lives and wanted to relax and enjoy spending time with one another. We thought, what better way to capture these memories than to have photos taken?! We Googled a lot and did a ton of research to find someone to take photos for us. When I came across Monica, I knew she would be perfect for the job! She was so professional and fun. She made the photos so easy and comfortable. I have never seen a photo of hers that I did not like, and ours were no different. We had to buy all the photos because it was hard to pick and choose. We are so happy! We are definitely getting these printed to put in our home. <3

Sent on 07/29/2017

Natalia · Married on 05/05/2016

Booking with Monica was the best thing I did! I can't stop looking at my pictures over and over again. She captured every moment of the wedding and did an incredible job at editing the photos (not that I know much about it, but they look amazing!) I booked the 8 hour package and the price is definitely worth it! Monica and Jorge (the assistant) are awesome!

Sent on 06/07/2016

Cera · Married on 01/15/2016

Monica shot our wedding on Isla Mujeres in January 2016.

We can't praise Mónica's great work on our wedding photos enough! She was an absolute pleasure to work with from the start. She was professional, helpful and straight forward during our inquiries and flexible and fun to work with on our big day. We asked for a few specific shots and Monica was on board and enthusiastic to get them just right. She knew great locations on the island for beautiful scenery too.

Looking back at our photos, she captured every special moment beautifully (which is impressive since they truly are moments! How she was able to be in just the right spot at just the right time without me seeing her continues to baffle me). She also captured our friends and family in posed shots and candids. Our photos are lovely and we couldn't be happier with them.

I know it can be frightening to sign a contract with someone you've never met but I'm confident that Monica will exceed your expectations as she did ours.

Additionally, she's so sweet, fun and personable. I know you'll love working with her.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Narbeh · Married on 12/17/2015

I got help from Monica for my proposal photography in Cancun and she was great throughout the entire process. She explained everything clearly and helped me make my decision and she even helped me find the best spot to do the proposal. She was at the location earlier than what we agreed and stayed little longer, she even helped us find our way back to hotel after the photography. I did a lot of research before asking her for help and I can say that I am very, very, very happy with my decision. The picture came out great and she delivered them on time. If you are looking to hire a photographer in Cancun and are reading my review don’t hesitate, just book her!!!

Sent on 01/21/2016