Monica Lopez Photography Reviews

68 Reviews for Monica Lopez Photography

• Sally

Sally Li · Getting married on 08/07/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Monica was absolutely fantastic. She was personable and friendly, and made us feel comfortable from the very beginning. She was hands down the best “third wheel” haha! We decided to have our engagement photos taken by Monica because we are in awe of her work. We stayed at a resort in Cancun, and when we reached out to Monica for details and told her the style of photos we wanted, she suggested Isla Mujeres (absolutely breathtaking!) and gave us very clear directions of how to meet her. Monica was so helpful and engaging throughout the whole process. Since receiving our photos we can’t stop looking at them! She really captured our beautiful moments in the best possible way and there’s nothing that we would change. Our experience with Monica was second to none. We definitely recommend Monica to anyone who is looking for an amazing photographer that delivers stunning photos that are timeless, elegant, and simply beautiful.

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Kaye

Kaye Kvancz · Getting married on 06/05/2021

Amazing Photographer

Monica was amazing to work with! She was very flexible when we had some travel date issues and could of not been more friendly when meeting her. She complied with all the new resort protocols due to COVID and made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Her English is also very good, which is a plus for me as I do not know much. I never felt as if there were any language barriers. Our photos she took turned out amazing and would recommend her to anyone! I found her through Instagram on my own and am so glad I did! She does amazing work and her personality is unmatched!

Sent on 07/27/2020
  • Jeff

Jeff Sung · Getting married on 03/01/2021

Great experience with Monica, Fantastic photos

We had Monica take our anniversary pictures and it was a great experience. She suggested Isla Mujeres at sunset and the pictures come out amazingly well. She led us to a few spots in town and on the beach so we had a good variety of backgrounds. When we got our pictures, they were fantastic; especially the shots on the beach. We couldn't have ask for anything better. We had a great time with Monica and highly recommend her.

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Monica

Monica Vu · Getting married on 12/11/2020

Captured all the great moments

It wasn't difficult for me to choose Monica as my photographer for my wedding. I took a look at her pictures on instagram and knew her style of photography was what I was looking for. I told her that I wanted candids and she did an INCREDIBLE job at providing those - I couldn't fit videography in my budget but after seeing the photos it seems I didn't need to, her photos are just amazing and I couldn't be happier! On top of that she was great to work with and very helpful in terms of knowing the resort.
    Booking with her was super easy, she got back to me quickly with the information I needed for her prices and packages. She spent all day with us, from getting ready to the reception. Thank you so so much!

Sent on 01/12/2020
  • Christina

Christina Bogers · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Better than we could have imagined - the Whole Process

Monica was a dream to work with! From the prep beforehand (me sending her a million ideas) to putting those ideas into fruition on the beach, to getting our photos so fast! I must say it was ridiculously hard to pic just our favorites from the abundance of amazing photos she gave us, but somehow we did it. She was worth every penny and I am thankful we found her. Definitely going to use her again next time we come back to the Cancun area.

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Blake

Blake Eakin Sanders · Getting married on 10/09/2020

Literally the best photographer ever!

I cannot recommend Monica enough!! I spent a lot of time searching for a photographer for our destination wedding in Mexico and I knew I wanted her as soon as I came across her work. Monica was booked on the Saturday we originally thought we would book for but we wanted her so we actually moved our wedding to that Sunday and I am so happy we did. It's not often you find someone this talented and that can capture every moment perfectly. She also made us feel incredibly comfortable and at ease. We absolutely LOVE our photos and tell everyone asking for recommendations that they HAVE to call Monica.

Sent on 12/01/2019

Cheyanne Scott · Married on 07/27/2020

An Amazing Experience

I’m so happy we found Monica for our photos in Mexico! My fiancé and I have been together for 6 years and never had photos taken before. Because we have never had photos taken and we were traveling during COVID, we were pretty nervous but the trip and photos turned out so much better than we could have imagined. We felt very safe in Mexico - I actually think we felt better in Mexico than we did in the US! Everyone kept their distance, wore masks, and we saw people going out of their way to keep everything clean and safe. Monica was so kind, knowledgeable, and personable. Monica helped us pick a location for photos, pick a hotel to stay at, and helped us pose and feel comfortable in front of the camera. Usually photos take weeks to get back, but Monica surprised us and had our photos back the very next day!! We are so pleased with the photos and glad we went through with taking our vacation. I would highly recommend Monica to anyone looking to get photos taken while in Mexico!

Sent on 07/30/2020
  • Gillian

Gillian Locklar · Married on 07/04/2020

Intimate Elopement Ceremony at a Cenote

Just, wow!!! That was our reaction to everything in working with Monica. We were bummed to have to cancel the wedding we had planned here in Colorado, but we decided to move up our scheduled honeymoon in Riviera Maya and elope during our stay with our own private and intimate ceremony. I reached out to Monica after seeing all her positive reviews and gorgeous portfolio in a last-minute attempt to arrange photography for our ceremony. We were so lucky that Monica responded quickly, was available on such short notice and she was willing to arrange private access for us to a local cenote. Monica was so accommodating, understanding, professional, and personable throughout the whole process. She captured meaningful moments in a way that seemed natural and representative of us in her beautiful images. We especially loved the photos she took from above that captured the jungle scene around us and the romantic photos she took of us swimming in the cenote after the ceremoy. Our sneak-peek photos came quickly, as did our full gallery and downloads. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and person to join us on our special day and I would recommend her time and time again to anyone visiting Cancun and the surrounding area. Thank you, Monica, from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 07/12/2020
  • Angel

Angel Mae Nicodemus · Married on 05/31/2020

Ahhhmazing

Me and my fiance decided to go on a week vacation in Cancun Mexico and we thought its a good opportunity to do our engagement photoshoot in such a beautiful place. Then I saw Monica's profile and fell in love with her work. So I got her to do our photoshoot in Isla Mujeres and boy! that place is magical. We were in awe of the natural beauty of the place as well as its nearby beaches. Monica really did an amazing job, she is very kind and easy to work with. We are very happy of the end results of our photoshoot. Get her as your photographer she's worth it!

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • Amy

Amy Ohr · Married on 04/11/2020

Hyatt Ziva Wedding

We knew we wanted to have a destination wedding because we thought it would be a great opportunity to go on vacation with all of our closest family and friends. Once we started researching, the one part we were most nervous about was the photographer, so we started looking into that first. We stumbled upon Monica's photos of her weddings in Cancun and knew we wanted to have it there and have her as our photographer! After reading her bio and seeing her photos, we knew she was talented. We knew that there were going to be a lot of talented photographers out there, but we wanted to make sure that we could get along with our photographer so that the process would be smooth. She exceeded our expectations with her work ethic and personality. She was so easy to work with and made us feel comfortable throughout the whole process. She was very responsive and available and willing to work with anything we threw at her. Even though we did not meet her in person until the day of the wedding, we felt like we knew her for years! The turnaround for our sneak peek photos and the rest of our wedding photos were so quick and they did not disappoint! We are forever grateful to her for capturing our special day so perfectly and would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer! AMAZING lady and AMAZING photographer!

Sent on 12/31/2019

Marie Mireles · Married on 03/09/2020

Best photographer

Monica is hands down the best photographer I have worked with! The sweetest soul and knows exactly what she is doing! She is super easy to work with and her pictures speak for themselves! I am in love! Thank you Monica!!

Sent on 03/24/2020

Melissa · Married on 02/25/2020

Amazing photographer and breathtaking pictures

From start to finish Monica was phenomenal. We did a photoshoot at Isla Mujeres before our wedding and she was so helpful as we were not familiar with the area. Conditions weren’t perfect and still the photos she took were breathtaking. On our wedding day she helped everything run so smoothly and she was so organized. There wasn’t a moment throughout the whole day that she didn’t capture. She was so helpful telling us how to pose and orchestrated our large wedding party on where to stand for pictures. We truly enjoyed our time with her and consider her one of our friends. We had so many compliments on all of our pictures and had many say they were the most stunning wedding pictures they’ve ever seen.

Sent on 07/01/2020
  • Jaycee

Jaycee Okiomah · Married on 02/22/2020

We couldn’t have asked for anything better than Monica Lopez photography

Monica photographed mine and my husbands wedding February 22nd 2020 at secrets the vine Cancun. I found Monica on Instagram and couldn’t have gotten any luckier. She is so sweet and professional. I let her do her thing, and trusted her with everything and I am so thankful I did. Our photos came out gorgeous!!! Way better than I expected. She thought of everything, and made my husband and I feel so confidant the day of the wedding. My favorite part of the wedding, was of course marrying my husband and the reception. Monica took so many fun, candid photos at the reception and they will be so fun to look back on for years to come. I highly recommended Monica Lopez photography for your wedding or any other shoot! Working with her from start to finish was so easy!

Sent on 04/01/2020

Leah · Married on 08/16/2019

Best Photographer in Cancun!

If you're looking for an amazing photographer in Cancun/Riviera Maya, you found her! I searched hundreds of photographers and looked through portfolio after portfolio...but Monica's was the one that stood out to me. I love how clean and classic her style is. She gets to know you and why you chose your location.

We spent some time on Skype getting to go over what I wanted for photos and she did not disappoint! I get compliments on our wedding photos a lot and always tell people to book her if they can!!

I can't even tell you which photos were my favorite, because she is able to use lighting in such artistic ways. She was able to capture us beautifully from daytime, to golden hour, to night time and did such an amazing job!

The day after the wedding we also had a family photo shoot on Isla Mujeres and Monica was able to give us a little bit of information on the area while capturing such wonderful photos. I'm so happy I was able to book her for our day!

Thank you Monica!!!

Sent on 06/11/2020

Thuong Dang · Married on 07/19/2019

Amazing and Talented Photographer

Let me start off by saying I am a picture freak and am quite picky when it comes to photography. I stumbled across Monica Lopez Photography because a client of hers had shared their family pictures on a FB group. I love Monica's style and so I did more research and absolutely loved her images.

My husband and I had our 10 year wedding renewal at Barcelo Maya Grand. We never had a formal wedding ceremony/reception so we decided to wait until our 10 year to go all out. What better backdrop than the Rivera Maya!

I cannot say enough great things about Monica. For me, choosing a photographer is not only about their work and images, but personality is very important as well. Through our email contacts and FB messages prior to the wedding, she just seemed so easy to work with, and I was right! Her personality is so warm that my husband and I were such at ease during the photo shoots. She made us feel very comfortable during our family shoot and during the wedding day. Her work is absolutely gorgeous, and we were thrilled with the results. Our family will cherish every image! I promise you will not be disappointed! I cannot say enough about her...she has amazing talent, her work is breathtaking, and she is a wonderful person!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Stephanie · Married on 07/06/2019

We picked Cancun for our pictures because we knew it was our last vacation before the wedding and we’ve always said Mexico has the best beaches. We were in Playa Del Carmen 2 years ago and my fiancé said Cancun’s beaches are beautiful, we should go next time. Both of us also love being on a beach, so I had suggested just doing the engagement pictures there. Doing them at home in the city wasn’t “us”.
    What we enjoyed most about our vacation was probably enjoying the pool/beach side. Spending time off in this scenery is so relaxing. We also really enjoyed the engagement shoot. It was one step closer in the planning process and Monica made us both feel so relaxed and at ease, it felt natural! You can tell when you’re working with her, she’s very passionate about what she does and values the whole process. Many photographers dont give off that vibe and it’s nice to work with someone who loves what they do. She made sure we made use of all our time, had great ideas for pictures and didnt take long at all to get them back to us. We would definitely love to work with her again in the future. We can’t really pick a favourite picture from our shoot, as they are so different and unique, they all have something admirable about them. I think ones where she caught us off guard and took snaps of us laughing are my favourite - they look the most natural!
    For any couples planning on doing this in the future, pick a beach! The pictures turn out so well. Wear light colours and have fun!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Jennifer Mata · Married on 06/20/2019

June 20th, 2019 Wedding Review

Monica was one of the best decisions we made for our destination wedding. The quality of our pictures was worth every penny, and I do believe her pricing was very reasonable compared to other destination photographers. Communication before, during and after our wedding was easy and stress free. I had complete trust in her the entire way through. I would 100% recommend her to any other brides looking for a photographer on their special day!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Arden · Married on 06/08/2019

We hired Monica to take our engagement photos and I honestly cannot say enough good things! As a slightly camera shy couple her warmth, joy, and expertise really helped us open up more in the photos. She really helped direct for the shots which we desperately needed, but was never bossy or demanding. I have never had photos of either of us that I’ve loved more. They’re genuine, but flattering. Romantic, but not cheesy. If you’re still making a decision on what photographer to use, don’t hesitate! You will be so happy with Monica!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Jamie · Married on 05/19/2019

Best photographer ever!

For anyone looking for an excellent photographer, look no further! Mónica photographed our wedding in May of this year. We decided on a destination wedding as we love to travel and getting married in a foreign country seemed fitting. I chose her after hours of research on local photographers. I loved her style and she was super easy to communicate with. I am so glad that we went with her. Her pricing is super affordable, especially when you see the quality of photos that she delivers. She and her assistant were so well organized on the day of our wedding. (My favorite picture is me forgetting the words I was supposed to recite during our ceremony and my husband and I laughing). She has great photography vision, but is also open to requests. We also did a trash the dress session two days after the wedding. Everything went so smoothly and people had nothing but good things to say about our photos. She is professional and personable. I would recommend her to anyone. And if we are ever in the area and need photography, she will be the first person I think of. Thank you, Mónica for everything!

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • Mary

Mary Kiser · Married on 05/18/2019

Monica is amazing!

- My husband and I knew we wanted a beach wedding and one of the main things we were looking for was a beautiful beach. Secrets Maroma was exactly what we were looking for and not only were we satisfied with the location but the service and atmosphere were absolutely amazing! Once we picked a location and everything was moving smoothly we were trying to decide on if we wanted to get a photographer and when we were doing our research we came across Monica and once we saw her gallery, we knew we wanted her to capture one of the most important days of our lives. Monica has such a calming presence about her which makes you feel comfortable almost immediately. She exceeded our expectations from the very first day we reached out to her and we feel so lucky to of found such a talented photographer.

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 05/17/2019

Beautiful Pics!

After seeing 30 domestic venues, my fiance (at the time) and I decided on a destination wedding in Mexico. We ended up choosing the Hyatt Ziva Cancun as our venue! We were not super crazy about the photos from the in house photographer and after doing some research stumbled across Monica and loved the photos on her website! We reached out right away and luckily she had availability! From the get-go, before we even locked her in she insisted on doing a Skype meeting to ensure we all felt comfortable. After meeting Monica we felt great. She was very warm, kind and genuinely interested in knowing how we met and etc details about us! After that, we booked it! Throughout the entire year of the planning process, she was always very quick to respond and even helped me work through details about the timeline of the day, where to get ready, etc it was great! Then once our special day came, Monica arrived right on time and got to work! We were so comfortable taking photos and she really took the reigns (when I really needed her to) when taking the million different family/friend photos after the ceremony. We got them all!! We just received our photos last week and we are very pleased!! She does a beautiful job and is so professional I highly recommend her to anyone getting married in the Cancun area. Thank you, Monica!!!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 05/05/2019

Amazon experience with Monica on our wedding day!

Why did you pick Hyatt Ziva / Cancun for your wedding?

Mike and I wanted our wedding to carry on for more than one day with our family and friends. We thought a destination wedding would be amazing and would give us the opportunity to create a family reunion and vacation too! After traveling to Hyatt Ziva two years ago for vacation, we remembered how lovely the hotel was and how beautiful the evening weddings by the Gazebo were. Decision was easy, back to Hyatt Ziva we go!

What is your most memorable moment / what did you liked the most from your wedding?

My most memorable moment was seeing how happy my dad was walking my down the aisle. We both feared that part the most because we both don’t care for all that attention by when it happened we both had a great time. And seeing everyone’s faces at the gazebo was amazing!

Do you have any tip for couples having their weddings done in  Hyatt Ziva / Cancun / Mexico?

Get there a 3 days early to get your nails and makeup hair trial out of the way. I spent most of my first two days there running around doing last minute wedding things and missed out on spending time with friends and family so an extra day would have been nice to relax before the wedding.

How was your experience with Monica Lopez Photography?

Monica was one of the best things of my wedding! She is so calm during my hectic day and she was so patient with all of us running around getting ready. Communication with her from California was super easy via email and when we got to Mexico we used whatsapp. She made us all feel very comfortable taking hours of photos and her guidance felt natural and not too staged. We wanted more natural pictures and candid moments, and she definitely delivered! Sometimes we forgot she was there when we were getting ready or at the reception but she got beautiful candid shots of everyone! Monica really knew the layout of the hotel and was familiar of the weather/sun angles so she knew exactly where to place us and when to take certain pictures. She made sure every picture I wanted was taken and nothing was missing. Her assistant was excellent as well and took care of all the groom and groomsmen pictures as they got ready. Everything went seamlessly and we got all the pictures we wanted ... and MORE! I would recommend Monica to anyone in Cancun! I wish she was in CA too!

Which one is your favorite picture and why

My favorite picture was my husband helping me walk down the rocks cliff side in heels as I am hiking up the bottom of my dress and hoping that I don’t fall. It’s such a simple moment but shows how much I trust and lean on him for support and he’s always there for me. I love it so much its on the back cover of my photobook! The amazing orange sunset also helps the picture glow an golden color!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Kistner · Married on 04/29/2019

Nothing Short of Perfection

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Monica. Though you would expect certain hangups, everything went perfectly smoothly. Monica not only captured the moments I expected perfectly, but also caught several moments that I am so glad to be able to remember and cherish that I never would have thought to ask her to photograph. Monica was unerringly professional, and was able to harangue my cajun/Italian family into being (almost) on time!

But what I would like to emphasize more than anything else it Monica's pure artistic excellence. I love photography, and was fearful that the ability of my photographer would not be able to meet my overly creative expectations. But the photos truly could be in a wedding magazine. Not only are they beautiful, but they are emotional, evocative, mesmerizing, impacting, the list could go on and on. I get to remember myself as a princess, a veritable goddess. And few people have been able to make me feel that way in the recent past.

If you're wondering, don't hesitate. Don't even think about it. Go with Monica, because you won't have a choice but to remember your wedding as a real-life fairy tale.

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Anna

Anna Colwell · Married on 01/25/2019

Nothing short of amazing!

We decided right away when we got engaged that we wanted to do a destination wedding, once we had settled on a location and a resort we needed to look for a wedding photographer. Our resort included a studio, but after looking at their pictures we felt as a couple they did not capture us exactly the way we wanted our wedding to be captured. We did a google search and came across Monica. Her reviews were AMAZING, and her work was everything we were looking for.

I emailed Monica and we started to chat details and from the beginning she felt like a friend to us. She put us at ease!

Hiring a photographer not in the same country as you as a stressful thought to me, but after speaking and Skyping with Monica, we knew we'd found our match!

We were lucky enough to be in Cancun touring our venue and had engagement photos shot with her. My goodness they were glorious! My husband is camera shy and really does not enjoy photographs but she had us so relaxed and comfortable the entire time! We even got into the water and really had some fun!

When it came time for the wedding Monica was just as professional, friendly, and amazing. She communicated with my wedding coordinator at the Excellence Riviera Cancun resort flawlessly.

Our wedding day was a downpour right before the ceremony started. However, efficiently Monica was able to capture pictures of the bridal party before the storms rolled in.

After the ceremony she was also able to get all 55 people into a group picture, and provide us with breathtaking shots of everyone on the beach.

Everyone in our wedding complimented us on how kind Monica was, and they all felt at ease with her!

I highly suggest Monica, she is a gem!

Sent on 01/30/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 01/01/2019

We had SO MUCH FUN with Monica during our hour-long "LOVE" photoshoot on Playacar Beach. She made us feel so comfortable, gave just enough guidance throughout the shoot, and made us smile and laugh. We just got our photos from her and we feel she truly captured our love! We are just amazed by how they turned out – the sky, the colors, our expressions toward each other – she is truly a professional! She is so incredibly professional and and her artwork is something we'll cherish forever.

Sent on 02/04/2018