Monica Lopez Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Kathy N. Getting married on 10/09/2022

A seamless engagement photo shoot experience!!

Monica made the entire process so, so seamless! I had never done a photoshoot before and she made me feel so comfortable. I'm from the US and wanted to do photos while on a trip to Cancun. Her suggestion to go to Isla Mujeres for the engagement photo shoot was such an amazing idea! It was a unique location that I do not think I would have known about, had it not been for her suggestion. Thank you so much for being a part of our journey and making everything easy for us that day. The photos turned out great, and you really made us look like models! ;)

Monica also waited after our photoshoot to make sure we found a taxi back, which shows her compassion and care for her clients. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone!
  • Nina
    Nina S. Getting married on 11/12/2021

Highly Recommend Monica Lopez Photography!

My fiancé and I always dreamed of doing engagement photos in an exotic environment. During our trip to Isla Mujeres we had the pleasure of working with Monica Lopez for our engagement shoot! She was friendly and made the process fun and easy! Monica was also super flexible and on top of the weather for our shoot. Our photo shoot was scheduled for a Monday, the forecast predicted rain so she was flexible enough to find a new date and time while we were still on vacation to take our photos! Our photos turned out beautifully. We even popped and sprayed champagne over each other and Monica documented every second of it. I would highly recommend Monica!
  • Sally
    Sally Married on 08/07/2021

Absolutely amazing!

Monica was absolutely fantastic. She was personable and friendly, and made us feel comfortable from the very beginning. She was hands down the best “third wheel” haha! We decided to have our engagement photos taken by Monica because we are in awe of her work. We stayed at a resort in Cancun, and when we reached out to Monica for details and told her the style of photos we wanted, she suggested Isla Mujeres (absolutely breathtaking!) and gave us very clear directions of how to meet her. Monica was so helpful and engaging throughout the whole process. Since receiving our photos we can’t stop looking at them! She really captured our beautiful moments in the best possible way and there’s nothing that we would change. Our experience with Monica was second to none. We definitely recommend Monica to anyone who is looking for an amazing photographer that delivers stunning photos that are timeless, elegant, and simply beautiful.
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa V. Married on 06/11/2021

Monica is a bride's dream! We are so thankful!

I found Monica on weddingwire in 2019 after looking at a ton of other photographers both online, and ones that our wedding planner had sent us. I fell in love with her style of photography, it was the perfect blend of light and dreamy, yet still real-life looking, we wanted for our photos. After meeting her during our engagement photoshoot, I was sure we were in good hands. We needed lots of direction, since neither of us had ever taken professional photos, and Monica knew exactly how to help us feel comfortable, while still getting amazing shots. Our pictures look natural and that was most important to me.

Fast forward to 2020, and we all know what happened. We ended up having to cancel our original wedding date of May 2020, and left everything in limbo. She was super understanding and allowed us to reschedule and pick up right where we left off once we set the new date, June 2021.

Our wedding was at the Iglesia de Guadalupe located just outside of downtown Playa. It was the perfect halfway point between playacar (where we/guests would be staying) and our reception venue (Marena Beach Club). It had all the elements I was looking for when I was thinking of getting married in Mexico, lots of spanish influence (dome ceiling), a huge and beautiful virgen de Guadalupe at the altar, tons of light, and a long aisle to walk for a grand entrance. Monica was able to highlight everything I loved about the church and these are some of my favorite pictures. She captured every moment like the dream I remember it being.

Throughout the entire day, Monica was the calming energy I needed--she captured all of the moments I said were important to me, and many I didn't even think of. The impromptu moments and reactions are actually some of my favorite pictures. We just received our entire album, and I still laugh and tear up when I see them (I’ve seen them at least 10x at this point). She captured every emotion, and every detail perfectly. My only challenge now is trying to pick which photos to print and display in our home--I love all of them! Monica is every bride's dream, with her calm energy, professionalism, and guidance. She was a great resource for me when I needed help deciding on details, when it came to what would look best in photos, she had invaluable recommendations that we were so thankful for.
  • Kaye
    Kaye K. Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing Photographer

Monica was amazing to work with! She was very flexible when we had some travel date issues and could of not been more friendly when meeting her. She complied with all the new resort protocols due to COVID and made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera. Her English is also very good, which is a plus for me as I do not know much. I never felt as if there were any language barriers. Our photos she took turned out amazing and would recommend her to anyone! I found her through Instagram on my own and am so glad I did! She does amazing work and her personality is unmatched!
    Margaret G. Married on 04/30/2021

Amazing photographer!

We decided to have our wedding at Dreams Riviera Cancun after seeing the beautiful venue with the gazebo and their expertise in destination weddings. Our ceremony, wedding planner Fernanda, cocktail party with a mariachi band and reception were everything we had hoped for. We decided to go with a local photographer so that we could see their portfolio. I found Monica Lopez on Instagram and we FaceTimed prior to booking, Monica sent many emails about our venue and what we were looking for in our photos and they were better than I could have ever imagined. We are so grateful and happy to have her as our photographer, she took such great care as if it was a friend or family members wedding!
    Kayla A. Married on 04/10/2021

Wedding Pictures of my DREAMS!

Speechless. I am not even sure if I can put into words how amazing Monica Lopez was to work with and the quality of her work! I found Monica through my videographer and was instantly in awe of her beautiful portfolio - it was exactly what I was looking for! As someone from Boston planning a destination wedding in Mexico, Monica was an absolute pleasure to work with. Besides her obvious photography talent, Monica was extremely professional, responsive, and a complete sweetheart. We received our "sneak peek" within a few days of the wedding and I am OBSESSED!!! Monica exceeded my expectations which I didn't even think would be possible because I was already so in love with her work! These pictures capture the pure joy, vulnerability, and love that was shared on our wedding day. I cannot wait to see the fully gallery! I cannot thank and recommend Monica enough. If you're looking for a photographer in the Riviera Maya area, YOUR SEARCH IS OVER - BOOK MONICA! Thank you so much Monica!
    Janae R. Married on 03/02/2021

Monica Lopez Photography

-Why did you pick Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, Juárez, Puerto Morelos, Quintana Roo, México / Mexico for your wedding?

We chose Dreams Riviera Cancun because we really wanted a resort that has a lot of experience creating beautiful weddings as this would be the first destination wedding either of us have been to so we had no prior experience or advice. We knew we wanted all-inclusive with a beautiful beach, and did want to provide a kid friendly resort if any of our guests wanted to bring their children. We wanted it to be as fun for the guests as us; it's their vacation too!

-What is your most memorable moment / what did you liked the most from your wedding?

I don't know if I can choose just one moment! I feel like the entire day was so special and sentimental to us, but I loved during the dinner being able to sit with my new husband and see everyone we love from all parts of the US that came together for us, all sitting together, his family with mine and mine with his, enjoying their time and enjoying each other. There was something so special about the group of people in Mexico for us, those 30 people will never be together like that again. The fact that all of these people came all that way for us, (during COVID) was definitely not lost on us. It truly was something we will never forget.

-Do you have any tips for couples having their weddings done in Dreams Riviera Cancun ?

Don't fret, it will be beautiful! They are so so great at creating exactly what you want. Also, I would say definitely do the site visit beforehand if you can swing it! It was a gamechanger for us to see the different locations to hold our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, and we did make a few changes after seeing the resort.

- If you were a COVID bride, can you share a bit of your experience?

Being a COVID bride was an experience to say the least. With all the ups and downs of regulations and rules, there were definitely quite a few tears shed. The CDC implemented a new guideline requiring proof of a negative COVID test in order to fly back into the US nine days before our trip, which caused us to lose over 30% of our total guests, and there definitely was a time we thought we were going to have to cancel, but we were determined to get married so we continued on and went through with our plans and I am SO HAPPY we did! Everyone in Mexico we came into contact with made us feel so safe, the resort was completely spotless and I heard so many comments about how safe they all felt. With the new guidelines, the resort jumped into action and provided the tests free of charge for all guests, so the process was as easy and pain free as possible.

-How was your experience with Monica Lopez Photography?

Monica was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! She was on time, she was so enthusiastic and kept us on schedule, which was very important! I have read so many reviews of couples that completely missed their cocktail hour due to taking pictures and that was something we really wanted to experience with our family and friends! From the time Monica showed up I felt like she really took charge and kept us all on schedule. She was so positive and happy throughout the day it really made spending the day with her so much fun!

We chose Monica because we really wanted light and airy photos and that is exactly what we got, the pictures are the epitome of beach wedding and I could not be happier with our photo gallery. We received our photos before the date she told us, and we received more photos than the bundle we chose!

-Which one is your favorite picture and why?

I don't know if it is possible to even chose a favorite photo from the day because they are all so meaningful to us. Every photo with our family and friends will be treasured by us, as well as the photos of Josh and I throughout the day. I love seeing my husband's face in each photo, Monica truly has a way of capturing the small moments that are so special to couples on that most important day.
  • Jeff
    Jeff S. Married on 03/01/2021

Great experience with Monica, Fantastic photos

We had Monica take our anniversary pictures and it was a great experience. She suggested Isla Mujeres at sunset and the pictures come out amazingly well. She led us to a few spots in town and on the beach so we had a good variety of backgrounds. When we got our pictures, they were fantastic; especially the shots on the beach. We couldn't have ask for anything better. We had a great time with Monica and highly recommend her.
    Ally K. Married on 02/22/2021

Wonderful!

I plan to get married in Cancun in December and had my engagement pictures taken by Monica in February 2021. The entire experience was wonderful. She emails back quickly and it’s to the point with her responses. I really liked that her prices were listed on her website and I didn’t have to wait days for an email response. I sent her a few photos of what I wanted in my engagement photos and she was able to pick a wonderful location to take them. She was on time and took so many great photos. She was a great coach on how to stand and walk in the photos to make them look natural. My engagement photos were done in three weeks in our beautiful. I would HIGHLY recommend Monica for your photos.
  • Nicole
    Nicole K. Married on 02/13/2021

Monica is amazing!

All I can say is WOW. I want to print all 800 of my pictures and hang them around my house because they are so beautiful. The wind played a factor and my husband’s hair looked crazy during the ceremony, Monica photo shopped it and you can’t even tell! I hate taking a bunch of pictures and Monica was patient and easy going. She made it comfortable and fun! We decided a few weeks before that we wanted to upgrade from 6 hours to 8 hours and it was no issue at all. Her website made it easy to inform her on what pictures we definitely wanted and she made sure she didn’t leave until she got all of them.
  • Blaire
    Blaire P. Married on 02/12/2021

110% Recommend Monica Lopez Photography!

My husband and I always knew that we would have a destination wedding. After looking at several resorts, we chose Dreams Tulum because it had an authentic aesthetic and was not sandwiched by other resorts. It was absolutely beautiful! After finding the resort, I was on the hunt for a photographer that would capture such a special day with our loved ones. I had found many options; however, I kept coming back to Monica's work. Ultimately, I decided to inquire if she had availability for our wedding day and she did (yay!). Since the beginning, she has been so sweet, personable, and professional. Her online client portal has been a great resource to keep track of the contract, payments, and accessing photographs. On the day of the wedding, she had a vision and captured amazing moments--from the details of the wedding to the milestone moments (i.e. kiss, first dance, cake cutting, etc.). Not only are my husband and I thrilled about our photos, but our family and friends have noted several times how great Monica was! I recommend her services and artistic vision to all! You will not be disappointed.
  • Cerida
    Cerida B. Married on 12/26/2020

Beautiful pictures!!

My Fiance and I got engaged last month in Mexico at Excellence Playa Mujeres. I looked at so many photographers in the Cancun area to take our engagement pictures at the resort and found Monica. Monica was lovely to work with, from the first email she was, prompt, polite and very professional!! her work speaks for itself her photography is absolutely beautiful and she has a great eye for detail and composition, you can tell she truly loves what she does. We were very nervous having our pictures taken and Monica immediately put us at ease. I can't recommend her enough and we got SO MANY compliments on our engagement photos😍😍. Did I mention she is also totally affordable!! she is a steal of a photographer and knows the Cancun area and resorts very well. Don't hesitate to work with her she has our highest recommendation and many others as well!!
  • Monica
    Monica Married on 12/11/2020

Captured all the great moments

It wasn't difficult for me to choose Monica as my photographer for my wedding. I took a look at her pictures on instagram and knew her style of photography was what I was looking for. I told her that I wanted candids and she did an INCREDIBLE job at providing those - I couldn't fit videography in my budget but after seeing the photos it seems I didn't need to, her photos are just amazing and I couldn't be happier! On top of that she was great to work with and very helpful in terms of knowing the resort.
    Booking with her was super easy, she got back to me quickly with the information I needed for her prices and packages. She spent all day with us, from getting ready to the reception. Thank you so so much!
    Janice T. Married on 11/02/2020

We are obsessed

After two postponed weddings and finally just signing our marriage license in the US, my husband and I decided to head to Cancun for our honeymoon. With a “normal” destination wedding still not possible for our families, we decided to take my wedding gown and my husbands suit to Mexico to have some photos taken of us. I found Monica’s photography and was instantly blown away! The light, bright romantic photos I saw were exactly what I had been dreaming of. After reaching out to Monica we decided on an adventure session in Isla Mujeres. On the day of our session my husband and I quickly became comfortable behind the camera with how well Monica is at guiding you through every shot. Monica is an incredibly talented photographer! We couldn’t be happier with our “wedding” photos and love every moment she captured.
  • Ashley
    Ashley B. Married on 10/17/2020

BEST Cancun wedding photography team

Monica + Claudia were two beautiful souls that I had the pleasure of meeting and photographing my dream destination wedding in the craziest year yet!
    If you’re still looking for a wedding or couples photographer, look no further because Monica Lopez photography is it. Ever since I booked Monica leading up to my October 2020 wedding she would check in periodically via email. It didn’t matter that she was miles away and I had never met her, she already showed she cared about shooting my wedding and offering help and guidance as needed along the way. She was the exact person I’d grown to know through her portfolio and Instagram in person! I felt at ease having picked her to shoot my wedding because I knew I’d be in good hands and my dream photos would be delivered and trust me, she delivers! Although I’m fairly comfortable in front of a camera, the groom and some of my guests were not and she was great with directing poses and cues for us to remember when it was time for the “serious” portraits. Cue Monica saying, “Ding” and all the ladies pop their legs in position. With it being a unpredictable year, Monica and Claudia stayed masked up so everyone felt safe during the day. Monica is such a creative soul and her passion shows in her work in real life and in the photographs she delivers. Thank you Monica, from the bottom of my heart for being the best long distance photographer for our wedding.
    Hyatt Ziva Cancun | 10.17.2020
    Ashley + Michael Behrends
  • Christina
    Christina B. Married on 10/10/2020

Better than we could have imagined - the Whole Process

Monica was a dream to work with! From the prep beforehand (me sending her a million ideas) to putting those ideas into fruition on the beach, to getting our photos so fast! I must say it was ridiculously hard to pic just our favorites from the abundance of amazing photos she gave us, but somehow we did it. She was worth every penny and I am thankful we found her. Definitely going to use her again next time we come back to the Cancun area.
  • Blake
    Blake E. Married on 10/09/2020

Literally the best photographer ever!

I cannot recommend Monica enough!! I spent a lot of time searching for a photographer for our destination wedding in Mexico and I knew I wanted her as soon as I came across her work. Monica was booked on the Saturday we originally thought we would book for but we wanted her so we actually moved our wedding to that Sunday and I am so happy we did. It's not often you find someone this talented and that can capture every moment perfectly. She also made us feel incredibly comfortable and at ease. We absolutely LOVE our photos and tell everyone asking for recommendations that they HAVE to call Monica.
    Cheyanne S. Married on 07/27/2020

An Amazing Experience

I’m so happy we found Monica for our photos in Mexico! My fiancé and I have been together for 6 years and never had photos taken before. Because we have never had photos taken and we were traveling during COVID, we were pretty nervous but the trip and photos turned out so much better than we could have imagined. We felt very safe in Mexico - I actually think we felt better in Mexico than we did in the US! Everyone kept their distance, wore masks, and we saw people going out of their way to keep everything clean and safe. Monica was so kind, knowledgeable, and personable. Monica helped us pick a location for photos, pick a hotel to stay at, and helped us pose and feel comfortable in front of the camera. Usually photos take weeks to get back, but Monica surprised us and had our photos back the very next day!! We are so pleased with the photos and glad we went through with taking our vacation. I would highly recommend Monica to anyone looking to get photos taken while in Mexico!
  • Gillian
    Gillian L. Married on 07/04/2020

Intimate Elopement Ceremony at a Cenote

Just, wow!!! That was our reaction to everything in working with Monica. We were bummed to have to cancel the wedding we had planned here in Colorado, but we decided to move up our scheduled honeymoon in Riviera Maya and elope during our stay with our own private and intimate ceremony. I reached out to Monica after seeing all her positive reviews and gorgeous portfolio in a last-minute attempt to arrange photography for our ceremony. We were so lucky that Monica responded quickly, was available on such short notice and she was willing to arrange private access for us to a local cenote. Monica was so accommodating, understanding, professional, and personable throughout the whole process. She captured meaningful moments in a way that seemed natural and representative of us in her beautiful images. We especially loved the photos she took from above that captured the jungle scene around us and the romantic photos she took of us swimming in the cenote after the ceremoy. Our sneak-peek photos came quickly, as did our full gallery and downloads. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer and person to join us on our special day and I would recommend her time and time again to anyone visiting Cancun and the surrounding area. Thank you, Monica, from the bottom of our hearts!
    Jaemee S. Married on 06/20/2020

Best photographer in the Riviera Maya!

Being from the states and having a destination wedding, I was most nervous about the photography. I knew I wanted something light, bright, and airy. Something timeless! Also someone who could capture us at our best, candidly! I scoured the internet, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook to find the perfect photographer! I don't remember exactly how I found Monica, but she was EVERYTHING we were looking for! Not only is she the sweetest and most professional, she is amazing at what she does! I wish we could shoot with her yearly! If you choose Monica for your wedding or any other photography needs she will not disappoint! Im so thankful I will have those photos from her forever!
  • Angel
    Angel M. Married on 05/31/2020

Ahhhmazing

Me and my fiance decided to go on a week vacation in Cancun Mexico and we thought its a good opportunity to do our engagement photoshoot in such a beautiful place. Then I saw Monica's profile and fell in love with her work. So I got her to do our photoshoot in Isla Mujeres and boy! that place is magical. We were in awe of the natural beauty of the place as well as its nearby beaches. Monica really did an amazing job, she is very kind and easy to work with. We are very happy of the end results of our photoshoot. Get her as your photographer she's worth it!
  • Amy
    Amy O. Married on 04/11/2020

Hyatt Ziva Wedding

We knew we wanted to have a destination wedding because we thought it would be a great opportunity to go on vacation with all of our closest family and friends. Once we started researching, the one part we were most nervous about was the photographer, so we started looking into that first. We stumbled upon Monica's photos of her weddings in Cancun and knew we wanted to have it there and have her as our photographer! After reading her bio and seeing her photos, we knew she was talented. We knew that there were going to be a lot of talented photographers out there, but we wanted to make sure that we could get along with our photographer so that the process would be smooth. She exceeded our expectations with her work ethic and personality. She was so easy to work with and made us feel comfortable throughout the whole process. She was very responsive and available and willing to work with anything we threw at her. Even though we did not meet her in person until the day of the wedding, we felt like we knew her for years! The turnaround for our sneak peek photos and the rest of our wedding photos were so quick and they did not disappoint! We are forever grateful to her for capturing our special day so perfectly and would recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer! AMAZING lady and AMAZING photographer!
    Marie M. Married on 03/09/2020

Best photographer

Monica is hands down the best photographer I have worked with! The sweetest soul and knows exactly what she is doing! She is super easy to work with and her pictures speak for themselves! I am in love! Thank you Monica!!
    Melissa Married on 02/25/2020

Amazing photographer and breathtaking pictures

From start to finish Monica was phenomenal. We did a photoshoot at Isla Mujeres before our wedding and she was so helpful as we were not familiar with the area. Conditions weren’t perfect and still the photos she took were breathtaking. On our wedding day she helped everything run so smoothly and she was so organized. There wasn’t a moment throughout the whole day that she didn’t capture. She was so helpful telling us how to pose and orchestrated our large wedding party on where to stand for pictures. We truly enjoyed our time with her and consider her one of our friends. We had so many compliments on all of our pictures and had many say they were the most stunning wedding pictures they’ve ever seen.