Memory Makers Reviews

17 | Indianapolis, IN

17 Reviews for Memory Makers

Erin · Married on 04/25/2009

Hiring Lisa and her staff was the best money I spent on our wedding. She truly took care of every single detail and made sure I did not have to worry about a thing. She is extremely professional and has a staff that mirrors a small army. She is very detail oriented and will help select great vendors and problem solve if needed. I would highly recommend Lisa to every bride.

Sent on 05/22/2009

courtney · Married on 11/10/2007

lisa is wonderful! very helpful, full of great ideas, and truly caring! we couldnt have done it so smoothly without her!

Sent on 12/20/2007

Andrew · Married on 10/20/2007

"Okay, here's the thing"... And so began our relationship with the amazingly talented, supremely organized, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound Lisa Gorman of Memory Makers. I'll say this right off the bat - this was the best money spent on the wedding, without a doubt. Not only was every detail of our 6 ring Circus of Stars Wedding handled without a glitch, Lisa and her staff watched over us throughout the whole day, and the whole year long process! Lisa knows all the best vendors in town - we would not have had the event we had without her knowledge, her talents, and her friendship. I not only got married to my wonderful bride, we both also got a friend for life.

Seriously, don't hire anyone else as you wedding planner - Hire Memory Makers and let them help you have the best wedding ever.

Sent on 12/22/2007

kathryn · Married on 05/16/2009

Lisa and her staff did an excellent job coordinating our daughter's wedding weekend! We were able to enjoy the celebration and not have to deal with last minute details. Everything was beautiful and was exactly how we envisoned our daughter wedding.

Sent on 06/04/2009

Hilary · Married on 09/22/2007

4.2

I worked with Lisa for all of the planning but, because of an emergency, worked with an employee of Lisa's for the wedding day. We loved Lisa. We ended up using every single vendor that she recommended and they all fell within our budget. We were a little disappointed in her employee on the day-of, but all-in-all, everything went well. I felt like I could kick-back and have a fun time and not have to worry about all the vendors and workers. We would definately recommend Lisa.

Sent on 01/29/2008

Lyndsey · Married on 08/15/2009

1.4
      2.0

Very unresponsive (7-10 days to respond to an email a month out from the wedding), missed meetings using excuses, unprofessional. Do not hire Memory Makers unless you plan to be involved in every step of the process with every vendor, because you will need to be in order to keep your sanity. The point of hiring a planner is to make your life easier planning your wedding, and most of my stress during the planning process was due to this wedding planner and her lack of response to important aspects of my wedding. Her staff on the wedding day was AMAZING and very helpful. Lisa however was nowhere to be found on that day during pictures and times where my bridesmaids/me needed her to obtain things (my lip gloss/bouquets) from our room which she had made them put in there... delaying pictures for 15 minutes looking for her. Overall, I'd have to say that this was my only regret concerning my wedding. Luckily, I had kept in touch with all vendors and was able to follow up/confirm everything with my vendors to give me piece of mind while they told me that they hadn't heard from her yet to confirm anything 3 days before the wedding. Keep your sanity and save yourself the $ or hire someone else.

Sent on 02/03/2010

Janice · Married on 05/30/2010

0.8
      2.5
      0.5

If I could do things over again, I wouldn't hire memory makers. Like the other brides' comments, Lisa was impossible to get a hold of. 2 weeks prior to my wedding, she disappeared and I wasn't sure if she would still be able to coordinate my wedding. She also overlooks many details I expect a wedding planner to notice. For example, she rented chair covers through a company for me. She didn't give me any notice, but called me the day the bill was due. Additionally, she forgot to update the estimated chair cover number to the actual number of chair covers needed for the wedding. I really just felt that I could have arranged everything myself and save the stress and money.

Sent on 08/21/2010

Erin · Married on 11/28/2009

0.6
      1.0

I think Lisa used to be on her game, especially based on ratings. Something must have happened and she has fallen completely apart. I hired her to be my officiant like 6 months in advance of my wedding. She sent me some initial helpful information and then I never heard from her again. Literally. Like a month before the wedding I tried to contact her and she refused to respond. My sister (MOH) got involved cause she had worked with her in the past and she wouldn't respond to her either! So at the last minute I had to scramble to find another officiant (even though she had my deposit). Luckily a friend's dad was ordained to do her wedding a few months prior and he was able to step in. But that's the ONE thing you need at a wedding. You need the couple and the officiant! That's it! She still has not sent us back the deposit even though she said she would (in a very late apology email). I feel sorry for her if something has gone bad in her life, but ruining the plans of multiple weddings...it's very unprofessional. Don't take the work if you can't handle it.

Sent on 04/04/2010
  • U

Unhappy · Married on 06/19/2010

0.4
      0.5

Lisa Gorman and Memory Makers should be put in Jail. She is liar and a cheat.She committed fraud. She took our money and did nothing. She wouldn't return calls,never showed up to meetings.The vendors didn't hear from her. We hired her based on recomendations from the Hotel we were having the Wedding. Her 2009 reviews were good. Our first meeting was great. As soon as she got the money we couldn't find her. We fired her 30 days before my daughters wedding. We hired another wedding planner that saved the day. She caused so much stress and pain for our daughter that she was about to ruin the most important day in her life. We were lucky because the new planner stepped in and my daughter got the wedding of her dreams. My advice to anyone who reads this. Do not hire Lisa Gorman unless you want to have to have a nervous breakdown and loose lots of money.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Another Unhappy · Married on 06/22/2010

0.2
      0.5

TERRIBLE. If you really need a wedding coordinator or even an assistant helping to coordinate, do not hire this person. I unfortunately got duped into hiring her based on good reviews from 2007/2008; however, she was not worth the headache. We hired her about a year from our wedding date, she initially provided us with research, then completely stopped responding, coming up with ENDLESS excuses of why she wasn't responding or did not show up for meetings. Helpful at first, then when we made decisions that did not include her "recommended" vendors because of cost, she OBVIOUSLY had a problem with it and started to completely drop the ball. At the initial meeting we were told that we could "of course" have the wedding we were hoping for with the amount of guests we were inviting...then after paying her, we were told that our ideas were not realistic. Details, important ones such as # of guests, budget, locations, were forgotten and confused with other brides. The venue where we held our reception asked if there was something wrong because she would not respond to them. So, I had to take the lead and take care of things with the venue director 3 days before our wedding. Definately upset that we spent that $ on her when I did all the work, and we could have put that $ towards our wedding. Please be advised.

Sent on 06/22/2010

Tim · Married on 10/17/2009

0.2
      0.0

TERRIBLE! Lisa was the least professional vendor I have ever worked with in my entire life. She left town before our wedding and didn't respond to us until the Thursday before. She said she didn't think anything was pressing for time. Well, we needed a credit of $2340 from a vendor - pretty pressing if you ask me!

On the day of the wedding, she yelled at me, the groom, two of my groomsmen, 3 of my wifes bridesmaids, and MY MOM! yes, my mom. The same time my moms arm was in mine before we walked down the aisle together - yes! this is the time she yelled at my mom...seriously?!?!?!

Once the cocktail hour started, she was no longer to be found. She left! Not sure where she went, what she decided to do, but she left.

She maxed out our credit card before the wedding. We went to pay for our wedding bands and got declined....she told us a payment would be $30 on our credit card - it was $258. She bought lights from a company with our credit card - we have yet to get them as we now own them...but we don't know where they are. She hasn't returned a call or email since the wedding day.

She only wanted to use her own vendors - kickbacks I can only assume....

I highly recommend NOT using Memory Makers Indy. It was the worst part of a beautiful wedding. Thank god my wife knew all the contacts of each vendor and did all the planning herself.....WASTE OF MONEY and TIME!!!

Sent on 10/26/2009
  • W

rose · Married on 11/11/2009

0.0

We contracted with Memory Makers for day-of wedding reception services. We received absolutely nothing for our money. In fact, the stress added to the wedding planning was so great (due to communication problems with Lisa) that we chose to walk away from our money and plan our wedding without Lisa. Whatever Memory Makers USED to be, it no longer is. If you want a wedding planner who does not return your calls for weeks on end, Lisa is your gal. If you want a wedding planner who plots your floor plan on a facility other than the one where your reception is being held, then Lisa is your gal. If you want to throw away money, then Lisa is your gal. All of our vendors are currently scrambling to make for what Lisa has not done.

Sent on 11/11/2009

Carolyn Beth · Married on 08/13/2010

0.0

As one of the MANY victims of this horrific lady, I have now started a facebook page that we can all join together to try to get justice. Please, if you are on facebook, search for Memory Wreckers and join us to get this taken care of. She cannot be allowed to change her name (Lisa Singleton), change her job (insurance salesperson) and move on with her "new" life in an apartment complex in Anderson, Indiana....knowing that she took all of our money and ran. Karma's gonna get you lady, or at least many displeased couples will!

Sent on 09/05/2010

Katie · Married on 07/17/2010

0.0

My husband and I hired her to sign our marriage license and organize our rehearsal for our July 17th wedding. She was impossible to get a hold of in the months leading up to the wedding, we finally had to threaten her with an attorney to get a call back (of course she had already cashed the check) and she assured us she would be there for the rehearsal on July 16th to do the job she was hired for. On the 16th she had "something come up" and couldn't do the rehearsal so we had to stop our busy day to meet with her so she could sign our marriage license. Memory makers was by far the cause of most of the wedding planning stress. Similar reviews are available on angieslist.com. Save yourself the stress and money, she isn't worth it.

Sent on 07/24/2010

Renee · Married on 07/02/2010

0.0

Are you serious? This person is still listed online? Thank you, Memory Makers, for taking my money, leaving me hanging and waiting to hear from you on important decisions, and then vanishing. You really do make memories, terrible ones. There is a place for people like yourself.

Sent on 07/10/2010
  • O

Karen · Married on 06/04/2010

0.0

DO NOT HIRE THIS PERSON! Unless, of course, you want to just throw your money away, have no coordinator and have to hire someone else after she disappears and refuses to refund any money. A thief, liar and cheat. Hopefully out of business soon as many couples are pulling together to take legal action.

Sent on 06/19/2010

K · Married on 04/17/2010

0.0

Like other posters, I cannot recommend against Lisa Gorman/Singleton of Memory Makers strongly enough. Save yourself the money, headache, stress, and exceptional frustration. Go to the source, instead - I recommend Kathy's Kloset for flowers, Mike Campbell of Sound Advice DJ's, MBP for catering, Sweet Seductions Bakery for cake, Dolce Trio for ceremony music, DSD Productions for videography. But whatever you do, do not hire Memory Makers under any circumstances.

Sent on 08/12/2010