50 Reviews for Melissa Kelly Photography

Albums (5)
Prints (2)
Canvas (1)
48 Melissa Kelly Photography Reviews

Where can I even begin? Melissa was probs my our favorite vendor to work with throughout the wedding process. We were nervous about talinh pictures but so relieved after our engagement session went so easily and the pictures were great. The turnaround of only a week seemed too good to be true. Then, on the wedding day she was everywhere she needed to be and somehow so unobtrusive. She took fantastic candid pictures and corralled our families with ease! Not to mention we got the online gallery in only a few days! After seeing the photos we knew immediately that we wanted albums and know for sure that Melissa’s work will be the worth every penny.

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/12/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Thank You Cards, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter

Cannot say enough great things about Melissa! From the very beginning she was extremely easy to work with and very transparent. She was so accommodating and helpful on my wedding day beyond just the scope of being the photographer (for example she comes prepared with a sewing kit and we needed it!) She got a preview of our photos turned around to us in a week and we cannot wait to receive the final USB! I am not sure I will be able to pick a favorite, they all looked absolutely incredible!

Profile Picture Casey, 12/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Melissa Kelly is an absolute pro! She not only took beautiful pictures, but she was also able to somehow capture the romantic and loving feel and theme of our wedding. She truly is an incredible talent.

Of the many decisions that you will have to make regarding your big day, hiring Melissa Kelly should be the easiest. We can't say enough positive things about Melissa. It's worth knowing that she was also amazing, calm and professional throughout the wedding preparation process and day-of stresses. She turned our photos around so that we could view them in less than 2 weeks!

We are so pleased with our decision and we have the most amazing photographs as a result.

Photo for Melissa Kelly Photography Review - Add a comment...
Photo for Melissa Kelly Photography Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Daniel, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I can't tell you how wonderful Melissa is with mere words. This woman was accommodating, professional, personable, and really just a delight to work with. And she's fast too! I literally had a USB of my photos in hand before I even had a chance to look at the photos I took before the ceremony.

And did I mention attentive?!?!! I had several shots that I guess were "non-standard" and she really bent over backwards to get me the images I wanted from my day.

And the photos! Oh my gosh. Can you tell I'm in love? They all turned out great, like, better than great. I was crying going through them, and I don't do that. And she sent us the cutest card. CardS, actually, she sent us another adorable card for our first New Years! WITH FLOWER SEEDS!! WHO DOES THAT?!? It was amazing. She's a freaking dream-boat.

We meet up a few times to discuss the day and what our expectations are and payment and stuff, and then she arrives at the venue early, her second shooter was amazing too, she's just a doll to work with, both of them. It was like she read my mind the whole day. We basically has ESP. I was thinking about a pose and she'd ask me to do it, I was thinking about getting so-and-so in a shot, and she'd be doing it.

AND THE PHOTOS!!! GORGEOUS. I mean, they're perfect. There were some black and whites thrown in and I'm not usually a fan of the ole' B&W but these were stunning. I had to look twice to make sure it was from the right wedding!! And there were SO MANY photos! Literally I think there were over 3,000. And they were somehow all perfect. I can't recommend her enough. I really can't. She was the absolute best decision I made for my wedding day.

Dress? It fit but whatever.
Cake? Tasted like cake.
Flowers? They're dead now.
Husband? He's okay I guess.
Melissa Kelly? OHEMGEE I LOVE HER.

When I tell you that I recommend her, I mean that you should hire her and if you don't then you're wrong.

*Husband approves this review*

Photos
Profile Picture Jane, 8/11/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

Melissa Kelly is AMAZING!! We absolutely love every picture taken by MKP. From our initial meeting with Melissa, we could tell she truly cares about her clients and wants to make your photography experience as easy and perfect as possible. Melissa is extremely personable and fun to be around. She was willing to travel far for our engagement session and was happy to do it for us. From our engagement pictures, we were completely impressed. Then we were then BLOWN AWAY by our wedding photos. Every moment of our day was captured perfectly and thoroughly. Melissa is so talented; you can see this through every beautiful, natural, and artistic photo taken. Aside from the amazing photography, Melissa and her team provide exceptional service. She is quick to respond to emails and happy to help in any way. She makes sure the day runs smoothly and is flexible, especially when those day-of glitches occur. She can even help fix a broken dress bustle! I knew my photographer would be with me for a whole day, so I wanted to make sure we found someone who was comfortable to be around, and we sure did! After meeting with several photographers, Melissa stood out because we never felt like it was a “business deal”- she is truly interested in your wedding photography and dedicated to making your photos one of the best parts of your wedding experience. I receive so many wonderful compliments about my wedding pictures and that is all thanks to Melissa Kelly Photography! I highly suggest you to visit her blog and see her amazing work!

Profile Picture Christina , 8/5/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter

Melissa Kelly is absolutely wonderful! Throughout the wedding process, Melissa exceeded our every expectation. Her pictures are BEAUTIFUL, she was so comfortable to work with, and responded to every email, call and question so quickly. Two of my best friends have already booked her for their upcoming nupitals! Love her and her beautiful work. We can't stop looking at our pictures! Thanks Melissa!!

Profile Picture Catherine, 8/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Second Shooter

Where do I even begin?!

Melissa over exceeded my wedding photographer expectations. From the moment I met Melissa, she was professional yet super personal and she made my husband and I feel comfortable.

The weather was miserable with a little rain during our engagement photo-shoot and we weren't sure how the pictures would come out. But with Melissa's exceptional skills, she killed it! You would of never known it was raining. She managed to uniquely capture each picture. Her execution and enthusiasm during our engagement shoots made us excited to work with her again on our wedding day.

Our wedding pictures turned out phenomenal. She captured so many special moments. Everyone from our wedding party commented on how easy it was to listen to her directions and just appreciate each photo she wanted to capture. I've got nothing but compliments after compliments on my pictures.

I highly suggest going with Melissa Kelly Photography. You will not be disappointed. She will get down on the dirty gravel (literally) to capture that perfect shot. Her turn around time is QUICK - it was only 5 days after our wedding and she had all the pictures already back to us! She is amazing, she rocks!!!!

Profile Picture Alison, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

You simply can't get a better photographer than Melissa. Throughout the entire process, she is incredibly easy and comfortable to work with. She always responded so quickly to any email or call, and we received our photos very quickly too. The photographs are stunning- with just the right amount of pose to make everything look natural. We had so much fun working with Melissa, and will enjoy all the moments she captured for the rest of our lives.

Profile Picture Brooke, 4/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Thank You Cards, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Melissa Kelly was the best decision we made while planning our wedding! She was incredibly organized, professional and accommodating-not to mention our wedding photos are AMAZING. Her work truly speaks for itself and so many people are still commenting on our wedding photos almost 4 months later. There are only a handful of things from your wedding day you can physically walk away with, and I am so, so happy I trusted Melissa Kelly with our photos. Melissa captured so many magical moments from our day. We are forever grateful to her and her team! I cannot recommend Melissa Kelly Photography enough.

Profile Picture Maureen, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Melissa Kelly Photographer is the way to go. 5 out of 5 rating and I am not exaggerating. She is absolutely a pleasure to work with. So professional, easy going, friendly, and quality of work is through the roof. Melissa shot my best friends wedding 2 years ago, and we only met again in the fall when we shot our engagement photos (one month before our wedding). It was like we had known her for years. She makes you feel so comfortable and casual in what can sometimes be an awkward setting, posing for photos. The quality of her work is amazing, but most importantly her personal touch and friendly nature is so refreshing. I wish she could have photographed my wedding AND been a guest at my wedding. I am not only to have worked with Melissa, but lucky to now call her a friend. Best off all, her photo turn around is amazing. I had no expectations as to when we would get our photos, figured we get them when we get them. She did not disappoint with the turnaround AND the quality/quantity of the photos. Melissa Kelly Photography will not disappoint!

Profile Picture Emily, 11/5/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Photography, to me, was one of the most important parts of my wedding day. I wanted to make sure I would have amazing pictures to remember the day and I did not take picking a photographer lightly. I cannot express enough how pleased I was with Melissa! From the first initial meeting, to the engagement shoot, and then to keeping in contact until the big day, she was absolutely amazing to work with. I cannot recommend her enough to people that are looking for a professional AND fun photographer!! Love her work and love her!!!

Profile Picture Nikita, 10/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Thank You Cards

Melissa was an amazing photographer for our wedding day. She arrived early and stayed late! She came ready to work and took so many amazing photos I don't know how I will decide which to get framed. Melissa made us so comfortable and we did not feel like she pushed us to take any awkward photos and all of the guests said that they did not even notice her presence on the dance floor. Melissa had our photos back to us within a few days - seriously, we were still on our honeymoon! I would HIGHLY recommend her!

Profile Picture kim, 9/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough how amazing Melissa Kelly is! From the first time I emailed her, she promptly responded and set up a call for the same day. By the end of our conversation we had booked her for our wedding day. She is extremely friendly, professional, and immediately puts you at ease (which was great for someone who is camera shy like me). When we met in person a few weeks before the wedding, she took us through each detail of the day and helped us schedule our time to make sure we could get all of our “must-have” shots. When the wedding day came around, she was efficient, organized, and kept us right on schedule so we could focus on having fun with our bridal party. In addition to being such a wonderful person, her photography is absolutely amazing and worth every penny. She managed to pick perfect spots and shoot amazing pictures even in rainy weather. She even lied down in a puddle to get the perfect angle and pose – anything to make sure she gets the best shot! She was able to keep us all at ease, reign in a large and boisterous bridal party to get all of our shots, and do it all in a way that was fun and effortless. She had our photos back to us within a week and we loved looking through them over and over again. It was definitely the most important and best investment we made in our wedding day. Our family and friends cannot stop raving about what an amazing person and talented photographer she is. We loved working with Melissa and would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 11/28/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

Nothing short of perfect! Joe and I found out about Melissa Kelly Photography through a coworker of mine who had Melissa photograph her wedding. One of things that made her stand out right away is how quickly she got back to me after my initial email - she's always quick to get back to you. From the moment we first met with her, we couldn't wait to work together. She's professional, friendly, knowledgeable, and has great energy. We ended up booking an engagement session, rehearsal dinner shoot, and our wedding day. We were not once disappointed. Melissa did an awesome job listening to what we were looking for in general, and then picking the perfect spots to make it happen. Then when it came to actually taking the pictures, she hit the nail on the head. Always found the perfect lighting, the perfect angle, perfect pose - even if she had to lie down on the cold, slightly damp ground to make it happen. Anything to get the shot! Besides actually taking awesome photos, Melissa is also an awesome person. She was very easy to get along with, knew when to make suggestions but always listened to our requests. I think the best part about working with Melissa was how she ran the wedding day. She put together our schedule based around what we worked out with our venue, so she told us what times we needed to be where for pictures - Joe and I were able to just enjoy our time with the wedding party because Melissa was keeping track of where we needed to be and when. She's also very quick at getting the photos back to you, which is great! Can't count how many of our wedding guests and other friends told us they were the best wedding pictures they've ever seen. We loved working with Melissa Kelly Photography and highly recommend her to anyone in the Philly area and beyond!!

Profile Picture Alicia, 11/13/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

From our first interaction until the beautiful package delivering our final photographs, Melissa was as easy to work with as I could have imagined. She is quick to reply to any questions, efficient and fun to work with on the day of the event and is speedy in turning around the photographs afterwards. And most importantly, she is an EXCELLENT photographer. The composition, use of light, depth of field, color, it was all top notch.

Profile Picture User5603985, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Melissa was AMAZING to work with. From the moment we met with her I knew she was who I wanted to work with. She made everything so easy and was wonderful to work with. She responds to any email I sent quickly and made sure I had nothing to worry about on the day of my wedding. From our engagement photos to our wedding day she made every step of the way fun and easy. She captured photos that I didn't even realize she was taking on the day of our wedding and was super speedy at getting our photos back to us! Her photos truly speak for themselves! I can't wait to work with her again!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

To say that Melissa Kelly is a great photographer would be the understatement of the year. She's way more than that. Her creativity, patience, direction, speed, and ninja-like skills are unparalleled. We noticed her wedding picture of the week on phillymag.com and we knew we had to meet. After sending an email that received a response in record time, we had scheduled our meet-up. From that first interaction with her, we were hooked on some MK. We didn't bother interviewing anyone else. We felt that great about our choice.

We booked our engagement photo session with her as well and we knew that we had "our" photographer. She listened to all of our crazy ideas and lent her creativity in ways we couldn't have come up with. We feel in love with our pictures, and the best part, we saw them in days. Not weeks, but in hours. Amazing.

As for the wedding, the biggest compliment we can give her was that we didn't even know she was there. Seriously...that's where the ninja skills come in handy. Sounds weird, but she was never up in our faces. Never too prescriptive. Never closed off from our ideas. The gal is a trooper and totally dedicated to you and her commitment to delivering the best work possible.

And those pictures...swoon-worthy! She'll do anything for the shot and she's always painting you in the best light. The amount of compliments we've received are well worth any price that was paid. I'd be remiss if I didn't mention turn-around time once again. We had our pictures in just about a week or so. Seriously...that fast. By the way...Print those pictures!

If you are looking for a photographer that delivers 100%, do yourself a favor and cancel your other appointments and get one on the calendar with Melissa. Feel that personal click that we felt, and then with every click of her camera, you're going to be in love with every image she captures.

Profile Picture Charles, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations

Melissa Kelly was the best decision we made when it came to picking our wedding vendors! She is super organized, beyond talented, warm, honest, and takes her job very seriously! Within in days we were getting photos back! She captured moments I never thought possible from our engagement shoot to our wedding day. Her photos speak for themselves! She was a joy to be around and we look forward to working with her again for future events!

Profile Picture Bridget, 7/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Melissa Kelly is simply the best wedding photographer out there. While her pictures speak for themselves, it is really her laid back demeanor, sense of humor and all around ability to make her clients feel comfortable that sets her apart. She put up with my Pinterest inspired request for twirling pics, as well as some crazy family members, all with a smile on her face. She captures your day so completely and thoughtfully, and after working with her you are left feeling like... damn I want to be this girl's friend! BOOK HER NOW!

Profile Picture Abigayle, 7/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations

Melissa is amazing. She was very responsive to emails, flexible and fun. She makes you very comfortable and laugh. She's beyond dedicated. She even waded in a stream to get a picture at my wedding! Not to mention I had the final copies of my wedding pictures within a week (most of my friends waiting multiple months)

Profile Picture Nora, 7/4/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Wow, where do I begin? On June 6th 2015 I married my best friend Angela and Melissa was there to capture every moment. Melissa was amazing, she got so many great shots, she asked questions and most importantly she made us feel relaxed and comfortable which showed in how amazing the pictures came out. This all started at our engagement shoot at Rittenhouse square, it was a cold day and Im not going to lie I am not one who likes my picture to be taken. From the minute Melissa got there I was relaxed, and I ended up not wanting the shoot to end as we were having so much fun. I kept getting warned from my friends that at your wedding you are going to have to push your photographer away sometimes as they get pushy since it is there job to capture so many moments..never did I feel that way with Melissa, it was almost as if she was not even there. Just in the background capturing so many beautiful shots as you can see if you click this link on her website of our wedding album Angela & Andrew http://blog.melissakellyphotography.com/ Thank you so much Melissa, you will definitely be getting calls from all our friends once they tie the knot!!!

Profile Picture Andrew, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife was determined to have Melissa photograph our wedding, and being the groom I didn't have too much to add. After having Melissa shoot our wedding, I see exactly why my wife was so persistent. Melissa WILL make your day unforgettable with her pictures, her attitude, and her professionalism. She will make you feel like a rock star during your pictures and it shows. We are both so happy we chose her and can't thank her enough for capturing all the intimate moments of our wedding day. As we looked through, and continue to look through the photo's, we can remember the small tweaks Melissa asked us to make during the shoot - totally worth it. She has an eye for capturing the moments exactly how you remember them - and she captured all of them. If you care about your photos, and you don't want to have any regrets about missed moments - work with MKP and you'll be all set.

Thanks again Melissa & Jenn - we love the photos!

Profile Picture User4065042, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

MKP is the best investment we made for our wedding! Our engagement and wedding photos will line our walls for a lifetime. Melissa is professional, honest, and does amazing, quality work. If you have ever had your photo taken professionally before, you know that expertise is not the only important aspect, but feeling comfortable as well. Melissa made us feel like family, and we felt very relaxed with her, which made our pictures come alive even more! If you do one thing for your wedding, book MKP, I promise you will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Maura, 11/1/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Melissa was our wedding photographer and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. The images and moments she captured are simply amazing. She was so easy to work with and during the wedding she was so smooth that most of the time I didn't realize she was capturing our natural moments. She even posted some sneak peak pictures that night, and we were on her blog only a few days after that - it was so nice that my husband and I could relive moments through some pictures while on our honeymoon. I received all of my photos in just 2 weeks after our wedding, SUPER FAST! I can't thank you enough for how wonderful it was to work with you Melissa!!

Profile Picture Lynn, 10/24/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough good things about Melissa Kelly and her team! She really went out of her way to make sure I had all the pictures I wanted for my wedding day. She handled the toddler flower girls and ring bearers with amazing patience, kept all the boys in line, accommodated all the family pictures necessary, and was the sweetest most amazing person to work with. All of our wedding party and family members told us how wonderful she was as well. So happy with my decision and can't wait to hire her again in the future :-)

Profile Picture Claire, 10/11/14, 11 Reviews