Melissa Kelly Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

Kate Married on 04/09/2021

Amazing photographer!

Working with Melissa on our wedding day was an absolute joy! She thought of everything for our photos, easily wrangled our wedding party and family members throughout the day, and took stunning photographs that we will treasure for years. She was incredibly professional and prompt throughout the entire process, replying to our emails within an hour of us sending them and having our wedding photos ready for us to review within just a few days of the wedding. On the day of the wedding, she made sure to regularly check in with us and our family to make sure she was getting the photos we wanted. Our final photos were stunning, and Melissa even included some beautiful prints when she sent the USB. We would highly recommend Melissa, and are so happy we got to work with her.
  • Celina
    Celina W. Married on 10/18/2020

Melissa is the absolute BEST

Melissa has been so wonderful to work with and was extremely accommodating and understanding during all of the changes we had to make this year with postponing our wedding/reception. She gave me advice and support and made the whole process easy which I appreciated a lot considering how stressful everything else was this year. She took our photos for our small church ceremony and they turned out beautifully, and she got our various family group photos done efficiently. My bridesmaids loved working with her for the bridal party photos, too. We plan to work with Melissa again when we eventually have our bigger ceremony/reception in 2022. Melissa is great at what she does. She had our photos to us super quickly and they are all beautiful. I highly recommend her to anyone who wants a friendly, awesome, organized, and skilled photographer!
  • Kelley
    Kelley M. Married on 04/11/2020

The PERFECT wedding photographer.

From our initial phone call to the delivery of our final photographs, Melissa exceeded every single one of our expectations. She was thorough, thoughtful, and made us feel so comfortable as we prepared for the big day. She coordinated every shot we wanted, got creative and photographed all of the beautiful details of our day, and helped us navigate freezing weather and a quickly setting sun with ease. We cannot recommend her enough.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 11/08/2019

Talented and Friendly Photographer

I can't recommend Melissa enough! Right from the beginning, Melissa was responsive, friendly, and flexible. She made us feel at ease during the sessions and it really shows in our photos. Our engagement and wedding photos came out great and the turnaround time was much sooner than I expected. I would love to work with Melissa again for future occasions!
    Jess Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful Photographer!

I’m so glad we hired Melissa for our wedding photography! From our first meeting, she was professional, friendly and very easy to work with. On the day of our wedding, she was a calm presence and made sure we kept right on schedule. She captured beautiful photos of all the details from our day, got great shots of the wedding party, made sure we got all the group shots we wanted at our reception, and was extremely accommodating when our dog showed up for a few pictures. :)

I would highly recommend working with Melissa!
    Kelsey N. Married on 10/05/2019

Perfectly Captured Our Special Day!

My husband and I absolutely LOVED working with Melissa and her team! She had taken our engagement photos in July 2018 (on probably the HOTTEST day of the entire summer) and she still managed to get amazing photos! We couldn't wait for her to also shoot our wedding! She is the absolute sweetest and she made us feel so comfortable throughout the entire process. She is SO detail-oriented and organized, and I am so grateful for that! Not only are her photographs AMAZING, but the turn-around time is so quick! She sent us the link for our proofs about a week and a half after the wedding! She really captured our day perfectly and my husband and I can't stop looking through them! Melissa is truly wonderful to work with and I am so happy we chose her to photograph one of the most important days of our life!
  • Jenn
    Jenn Married on 08/24/2019

Awesome photographer and human

Melissa is an amazing photographer and an all around great human to hang out with on your wedding day! We found Melissa by word of mouth from a colleague of mine who used MKP for his wedding. He had nothing but good things to say about her, and we were sold as soon as we met her and chatted. She was so responsive and organized during planning, and when the day came, she was so efficient in getting all the must-have pictures done so we could party with everyone. She got along with absolutely everyone, which was so important and not to be underestimated because the people around you can really affect your mood!

And of course, her pictures were wonderful. We loved the bright, vibrant portraits and also got many cool action shots and candids. Melissa got our pictures back super quick so we didn't have to wait months to relive the day again. She's definitely a great investment!
    Kayla K. Married on 07/12/2019

Melissa is the best!

Melissa is AMAZING! I can't even put into words how grateful I am that we chose her to capture the most important moments of our big day! She went above and beyond to the extreme! Throughout the entire planning process, she was always reachable via email and phone call and she was so patient with me and my millions of questions and concerns. My husband and I do not live in the Philadelphia area, and Melissa so kindly volunteered her time to scope out locations that she thought would be great for both engagement photos and photos on our wedding day! She also recommended an amazing team of videographers (that we LOVED!). On the actual wedding day, she continued to go above and beyond - her team arrived super early, had a super detailed plan of events for the day, and she even put my veil in for me when I couldn't figure out how to do it! Her partner was also super helpful with the groomsmen in the morning - she helped them put on their boutonnieres and figure out their pocket squares. Melissa and her team also had awesome and creative ideas for different angles and backgrounds for all our photos. The pictures came out better than we ever could've imagined! And we got them back to us less than two weeks after the wedding!! If you do one thing right in your wedding planning, it's choosing Melissa Kelly!
    Katie B. Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing Photographer!

Melissa did the most amazing job as our wedding photographer! She went above and beyond and did everything we wanted. She was super attentive and very easy to get along with. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding / engagement photographer in the area!
    Mary Married on 05/18/2019

Book with Melissa !

I cannot say enough good things about Melissa. When starting the wedding process I found it was hard to find a photographer who I “vibed” with. The second I spoke to Melissa, I knew she was the one I wanted to take my wedding photos. She was on board with all of my ideas, didn’t push us to do a “first look” like many other photographers we spoke to tried, and her previous work was amazing. Melissa did our engagement photos in 100 degree weather and they came out amazing. The day of the wedding she was a life savior in many ways. She brought clips to hang my dress up bc the hotel was lacking, she had a tide stick when my husband spilled red wine on himself, and even had pins to fix my dress. The photo process was quick, fun and easy(she is also good at controlling crazy bridal parties like mine). She took every picture I requested and they all came out amazing. The pictures are beyond what I expected and we couldn’t be happier. We also received the pictures back really quick. I highly recommend Melissa Kelly🥰❤️
  • Brent
    Brent G. Married on 05/04/2019

Incredible Wedding Photographer!

Melissa was an absolutely amazing person to have around on our wedding day, let alone photographer. My fiance/wife and I were a little nervous going into the engagement shoot, but within a couple minutes of meeting Melissa, that was all gone. She put us at ease almost immediately and made the afternoon feel comfortable and natural. Our wedding day on May 4th was no different. It was a very long day with a couple of different events and Melissa was there throughout the entire thing doing a wonderful job. She was able to get everyone organized and where they needed to be on a schedule. The photos from beginning to end came out beautifully, really capturing the emotion and excitement of the day. The final package she sent was of the highest quality, even superseding our expectations. I'd highly recommend Melissa as a photographer for any event and am so satisfied having worked with her.
    Kerri Married on 04/20/2019

Hire Melissa and her team for any event!

Definitely one of the best decisions we made for the wedding was working with Melissa and her team! From the engagement photo session, to the planning calls, to the wedding day, Melissa made our experience feel relaxed, comfortable, and fun. They were very professional, accommodating, and kept us on track with our timing throughout the entire wedding day (even when the main road in front of our venue was shutdown and traffic filled!) Our pictures are beautiful and captured our day perfectly. Regardless of the event, we would highly recommend Melissa and her team! They were outstanding photographers and genuinely great people to work with. We can’t thank them enough!
  • Ashley
    Ashley F. Married on 04/13/2019

Absolute best in Philly

Melissa was absolutely amazing! She made us feel comfortable and confident all day. She was professional and prepared for everything. From getting a stain out of my dress to finding the best locations for photos, having Melissa for my big day was the best decision we made and made our day that much better. We get so many compliments about our photos and love that we have such special memories to cherish forever.
  • Jade
    Jade B. Married on 02/01/2019

Speechless!

Amazing! Melissa was extremely helpful, responsive, friendly, and so down to earth. Not only is she great at what she does, but she’s also personable and great to have with you the entire day. You need to remember your photographer is going to be with you for 8+ hours...while you’re in a robe, when you’re putting on your dress...you HAVE to feel comfortable with them and Melissa was just like one of the girls in my party.

It was less than 20 degrees the day of our wedding and our first look was outside. Melissa and the second shooter, Kerry, made sure to get every shot they needed as quickly as possible without losing quality. They also had hand warmers for the girls to sneakily hold around their bouquets! They didn’t waste any time planning their next shot or what they wanted us to do.

Once we moved inside to do family portraits, Melissa was. on. top. of. IT. We were running behind with the ceremony run-through, but Melissa got portraits done so quickly and efficiently. I was in awe! And the pictures are amazing!! You’d never know it only took 5-10 minutes. She also made sure to ask us if there was anything additional we wanted, any other pictures with the maids/men, etc., and listened to everything we said.

Another important thing to mention—Melissa bustled my dress! And when the bustle broke because my gown was too heavy, she came to the rescue with safety pins. Literally prepared for anything.

We received our photo preview with SO MANY PICTURES less than 10 days after the wedding. How fast is that?! The pictures are absolutely perfect and gorgeous. There are so many that we didn’t even know were being taken and we love the candidness of them! You don’t realize how much you miss throughout the day and it’s so great to be able to see these moments that Melissa and Kerry captured.

I am so, so happy we chose Melissa for our wedding day!
    Max A. Married on 11/11/2018

A Must Hire!

Melissa and I had gone through the same photojournalism program in college and I've been watching her career evolve from a distance. I knew for years that Melissa was the photographer for my wedding and it would just be a matter of time that we would hire her!

Having never shot at our venue before, Melissa captured timeless images that we, along with our friends and family will cherish forever. She and her second shooter were able able to location scout upon arrival and execute without flaw. Further to this they captured everything on our "must shoot list" with efficiency and creativity and so much more! My wife and I were so happy that we hired Melissa to photograph our wedding because she told the story of our day through the perspective of a guest all while capturing the quiet moments that my wife and I shared as newly weds.

Lastly we were surprised and thrilled when we received our final images... without spoiling the surprise, Melissa's presentation and personal touch is second to none!
    Emily Married on 11/10/2018

The best ever

If you want a photographer who is talented, attentive, accommodating, creative, organized, professional and just a great person to be around on your wedding day, book Melissa. I heavily researched photographers because to me and my husband, our photographer was the most important vendor for our wedding day. We wanted someone who could capture the emotion of our day and not miss any of the special moments. I talked to more than 10 photographers before coming across Melissa and after our first phone call I booked her that day. She had a special way of making me feel so comfortable and confident in her ability to capture our day in the way we wanted without being arrogant or pushing the largest package size, as many other photographers did. I also really appreciated that all of my contact was through Melissa herself and not an assistant or someone else within the company. We had the pleasure of meeting Melissa prior to our wedding at our engagement shoot in NYC where we live. Melissa was the ONLY photographer I spoke to that was happy to come to NYC and did not tack on any extra charges. Both my husband and I immediately felt so comfortable with Melissa and like we had known her for much longer than 1 hour. She captured some amazing shots that day and we got comfortable posing for the camera. When a bird pooped on my husband's shoulder during the shoot, Melissa did not hesitate to immediately fix the issue so photos could continue without a hitch. Leading up to the wedding, Melissa was a dream to work with. She always responded so quickly to my emails and helped with recommendations for other vendors for our day. Laying out the day with her and coming up with a plan of must have shots was a breeze. Most importantly, on our day Melissa and her assistant were prompt, kept us on schedule, made everyone in the wedding party laugh and feel comfortable, and captured all of the emotion of our day. At one point, Melissa laid on her stomach IN THE MIDDLE OF ROUTE 30 (Lancaster Avenue) to get one of our desired shots that the sun was ruining! This is the extent that Melissa will go to for her couples. When we got all of our images back (within 2.5 weeks) we were BLOWN away. They are nothing short of incredible and help us relive the magic of our day. I HIGHLY recommend choosing Melissa as your photographer. You won't only not be disappointed, but so thrilled with your choice.
  • Michael
    Michael Z. Married on 11/03/2018

Exceptional Photographer

Melissa Kelly did an amazing job on our wedding. She has the wedding photography business down to a science. Melissa and her assistant were always there when a shot was available and they were fast and efficient. Cannot recommend her enough!
    Megan Married on 08/25/2018

Wedding Photographer

Book her! She made us so comfortable, her talent is astounding and delivery is above and beyond.
  • Nick
    Nick H. Married on 08/11/2018

The best photographer I've ever worked with

Melissa was a breath of fresh air - an extraordinarily competent photographer, great person to talk to, and the best giver of orders I've ever seen with managing all the people and personalities that come with putting on a wedding. We happened across her by chance right toward the beginning of the wedding planning process, and immediately knew she was perfect for us after our first conversation and in-person meet up.

What makes Melissa stand out is not only the quality of the images you get but also the raw feeling and emotion of the moment that she's able to capture. Lots of people can take a nice looking photo, but it is much rarer to find someone who truly manages to capture the feeling of the moment.

I also really like the way she prices her packages for weddings. Everything is straightforward to pick and choose from, and she only recommends the package that is right for you. An engagement shoot is included in her standard wedding packages, and can I say, that was the best way ever to find out poses and looks that make you and your significant other both look amazing on camera. We were able to find all the poses we wanted to use for the day of the wedding too, saving us a lot of time during an already packed day.

On a day that can be very stressful, Melissa shone through and made everyone feel at ease, even with inclement weather that we faced. We still were able to pull off the outdoor shots that were very special to me and my husband (in front of City Hall, on the steps of the art museum, etc.) and wasted no time grabbing the only window during the day where it wasn't raining.

And, to top it off, we had our wedding event picture previews available not even five days after the event and were sent the final, full-res versions of all 1400 photos less than two weeks after the event.

If you're considering Melissa, just go with her. She's that good, and she's an excellent value for what you're investing.
    Allison Married on 07/21/2018
    Melissa was absolutely wonderful to work with. We discussed what we wanted from her on the day of our wedding, and she was extremely flexible to our requests. We had a long list of pictures that we wanted to have for the wedding day. Not only did she complete the list, but she took amazing candid photos throughout the night as well. Melissa and her team made us feel very comfortable throughout the day. They were everywhere they needed to be to capture important moments throughout the ceremony and reception, but it never felt like they were interrupting or in the way. When we look through the pictures (which we received within 2 weeks) it is like we are reliving all of the joy and emotion of the wedding day. The photos of my husband and I are stunning - it is going to be difficult to pick which ones we want to print! We cannot recommend Melissa Kelly enough!
    Brittany Married on 05/12/2018
    Where can I even begin? Melissa was probs my our favorite vendor to work with throughout the wedding process. We were nervous about talinh pictures but so relieved after our engagement session went so easily and the pictures were great. The turnaround of only a week seemed too good to be true. Then, on the wedding day she was everywhere she needed to be and somehow so unobtrusive. She took fantastic candid pictures and corralled our families with ease! Not to mention we got the online gallery in only a few days! After seeing the photos we knew immediately that we wanted albums and know for sure that Melissa’s work will be the worth every penny.
    Casey Married on 12/17/2017
    Cannot say enough great things about Melissa! From the very beginning she was extremely easy to work with and very transparent. She was so accommodating and helpful on my wedding day beyond just the scope of being the photographer (for example she comes prepared with a sewing kit and we needed it!) She got a preview of our photos turned around to us in a week and we cannot wait to receive the final USB! I am not sure I will be able to pick a favorite, they all looked absolutely incredible!
    Daniel Married on 12/09/2017
    Melissa Kelly is an absolute pro! She not only took beautiful pictures, but she was also able to somehow capture the romantic and loving feel and theme of our wedding. She truly is an incredible talent.

Of the many decisions that you will have to make regarding your big day, hiring Melissa Kelly should be the easiest. We can't say enough positive things about Melissa. It's worth knowing that she was also amazing, calm and professional throughout the wedding preparation process and day-of stresses. She turned our photos around so that we could view them in less than 2 weeks!

We are so pleased with our decision and we have the most amazing photographs as a result.
  • Jane
    Jane Married on 08/11/2017
    I can't tell you how wonderful Melissa is with mere words. This woman was accommodating, professional, personable, and really just a delight to work with. And she's fast too! I literally had a USB of my photos in hand before I even had a chance to look at the photos I took before the ceremony.

And did I mention attentive?!?!! I had several shots that I guess were "non-standard" and she really bent over backwards to get me the images I wanted from my day.

And the photos! Oh my gosh. Can you tell I'm in love? They all turned out great, like, better than great. I was crying going through them, and I don't do that. And she sent us the cutest card. CardS, actually, she sent us another adorable card for our first New Years! WITH FLOWER SEEDS!! WHO DOES THAT?!? It was amazing. She's a freaking dream-boat.

We meet up a few times to discuss the day and what our expectations are and payment and stuff, and then she arrives at the venue early, her second shooter was amazing too, she's just a doll to work with, both of them. It was like she read my mind the whole day. We basically has ESP. I was thinking about a pose and she'd ask me to do it, I was thinking about getting so-and-so in a shot, and she'd be doing it.

AND THE PHOTOS!!! GORGEOUS. I mean, they're perfect. There were some black and whites thrown in and I'm not usually a fan of the ole' B&W but these were stunning. I had to look twice to make sure it was from the right wedding!! And there were SO MANY photos! Literally I think there were over 3,000. And they were somehow all perfect. I can't recommend her enough. I really can't. She was the absolute best decision I made for my wedding day.

Dress? It fit but whatever.
    Cake? Tasted like cake.
    Flowers? They're dead now.
    Husband? He's okay I guess.
    Melissa Kelly? OHEMGEE I LOVE HER.

When I tell you that I recommend her, I mean that you should hire her and if you don't then you're wrong.

*Husband approves this review*
    Christina Married on 08/05/2017
    Melissa Kelly is AMAZING!! We absolutely love every picture taken by MKP. From our initial meeting with Melissa, we could tell she truly cares about her clients and wants to make your photography experience as easy and perfect as possible. Melissa is extremely personable and fun to be around. She was willing to travel far for our engagement session and was happy to do it for us. From our engagement pictures, we were completely impressed. Then we were then BLOWN AWAY by our wedding photos. Every moment of our day was captured perfectly and thoroughly. Melissa is so talented; you can see this through every beautiful, natural, and artistic photo taken. Aside from the amazing photography, Melissa and her team provide exceptional service. She is quick to respond to emails and happy to help in any way. She makes sure the day runs smoothly and is flexible, especially when those day-of glitches occur. She can even help fix a broken dress bustle! I knew my photographer would be with me for a whole day, so I wanted to make sure we found someone who was comfortable to be around, and we sure did! After meeting with several photographers, Melissa stood out because we never felt like it was a “business deal”- she is truly interested in your wedding photography and dedicated to making your photos one of the best parts of your wedding experience. I receive so many wonderful compliments about my wedding pictures and that is all thanks to Melissa Kelly Photography! I highly suggest you to visit her blog and see her amazing work!