Matthew Bender Wedding Reviews

Matthew Bender Wedding 1
Matthew Bender Wedding 2
Matthew Bender Wedding 3

Bobbi · Married on 01/13/2017

Matt Bender is one of the most awesome people we have ever met, not to mention, he is an INCREDIBLE photographer!! My husband and I were looking for someone who could/would capture who we are rather than tell us to pose uncomfortably for fifteen takes to get whatever the day's popular wedding trend photo might be. We resolved to probably never finding someone who really "gets" us until we discovered Matt's profile on OffbeatBride.com. After corresponding via email for a bit, Matt made the trek into the city in the sweltering summer heat to meet with us in person. Over beers (and eventually bar trivia!), we talked about stuff we like, stuff we don't like, music and probably science fiction to some extent. Matt's work is amazing and working with him was effortless. He listened to us and really got to know us before spending an entire day around our families and us. He always took the time to reply to my lengthy emails, which were often filled with lame jokes and Futurama references. Matt truly captures the fun, warm, loving, human side of weddings that is far too often lost among hundreds of awkwardly structured poses. From my first desperate email to our engagement session and through saying goodbye when he left our venue on the night of the wedding, we enjoyed working with Matt. There is no combination of words I can think of to recommend him highly enough!!!

Caroline · Married on 10/15/2016

I was overwhelmed with photography options and SO GLAD we picked Matt Bender. I initially sent about two dozen potential photographers to our best man, an amateur photographer himself. He picked Bender as one of his top five in image quality. So we contacted those five, and chose Matt for his communication and personality. He got back to us promptly, explained everything without BS, and was hilarious to boot. This was him in real life, too! My face hurt from laughing so much the first time we met! And on the wedding day itself, he and second shooter Tracie were relaxed, unobtrusive, fun, and thoroughly on the ball. We love our photos and they take me right back to all the love and joy of the wedding itself. They worked with our large family and had a blast with some of our more offbeat ideas. FWIW we live in NYC and paid travel fees from Philly-- totally worth it! Anywhere in the Northeast Corridor, Matt Bender is the best choice for a nerdy, funny, artistic photographer.

• Ariel

Ariel · Married on 05/15/2016

Matt was amazing. He somehow managed to make my husband and I happy AND my parents happy. Our photos were amazing. Matt and his second shooter were ninjas. We hardly noticed them at the ceremony and somehow managed to get perfect shots. If you're looking for an affordable photographer that takes the time to get to know you and your family and take the best possible photos, look no further than Matt!

Amy · Married on 10/31/2015

I had met with several photographers before sitting down with Matt but my now husband and I knew right away shortly into our meeting we’d be signing on with Matthew Bender Photography for our October wedding. He responded instantly to every email and phone call and took the time to explain all everything.

Matt took wonderful engagement photos and absolutely beautiful wedding pictures of our October wedding. He captured every detail I wanted and even details I didn’t know I wanted. He was so easy to work with the day of the wedding; provided a lot of direction, which was a great asset (since we are people who normally don’t like our picture taken) and made us feel so comfortable. All the finished photos we received were incredible! He is so creative! Everything is exceptional, the lighting, positioning, the way expressions were captured, and all the little details. We are so happy with not only the photos but also the great experience that Matthew Bender Photography provided for our special day!

Matthew Bender Wedding 4
    Matthew Bender Wedding 5
    Matthew Bender Wedding 6

Kristen · Married on 05/24/2015

Matt and his team are absolutely fantastic! Matt is always prompt to answer any questions and is so easy to talk to!

Monica · Married on 05/16/2015

My husband and I are rather camera shy, but Matt made us both feel comfortable. He captured our personalities, our wedding day, and our friends and family beautifully. In fact, he did such a great job that we spent months trying to whittle down the hundreds of fun and gorgeous photos to just a few for the album!

Jacky · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband and I met with a few other photographers who talked about
    "directing" our wedding day to optimize the number of photo ops, which
    didn't feel right to us. But Matt promised to capture wedding events
    as they occurred, instead of taking over and turning the whole day
    into one big photo shoot. When we saw samples of his work, we were
    sold: his photos really pop.

During our wedding, guests barely noticed that Matt was there, even
    with numerous triggered flash-bulbs placed around our (otherwise very
    dark) reception venue. My dad actually described him as "ninja-like."
    But looking at the photos later made us remember exactly what our
    wedding felt like. Instead of repetitive images of our family and
    friends posing stiffly and looking straight at a camera, the photos
    show everyone having the time of their lives.

Alyson · Married on 11/24/2012

We had so much fun shooting with Matthew Bender, from our engagement shoot to our wedding day and after. Matt is very attentive to the needs of his clients and really listens to get the photos you want. Matt not only brings a professional demeanor, but also provides a fun and friendly atmosphere. He goes above and beyond to make sure he gets the best photo possible even if it means crawling through bushes. Matt has an artistic eye that allows him to capture the essence of the day while getting beautiful photography. He has a knack for taking candid photos that really captured our personalities and the enjoyment of our guests. We would love to work with Matt again in the future!

Brandie · Married on 10/16/2010

Matt is one of my favorites and always will be. I've worked with him professionally (as another wedding vendor), he photographed my brothers wedding (that I was in) and I've used him for an Anniversary session where we did a low key Trash the Dress theme, which was really just an excuse to get my own session with him. He's the best. He's talented. He makes it feel effortless. He makes it FUN. And he's just an overall really good guy. His final product is amazing. I never had any issues getting ahold of him when I needed to. I just cannot say enough good things about him. I love having his work all over my walls. Hire him. You and you wedding memories will thank you.

Dana

Matthew Bender was SO great! I chose him based on great recommendations and his unique style: besides his amazing still shots, his candids were perfection. Without detection, he somehow sneaks in and gets the most incredibly photos full of laughter, joy and excitement. I was so pleased with his work and highly recommend him!
    Side note: he's also a great guy-- kind, flexible, and understanding of the craziness of the day. It was a pleasure to have him on my team!

Kristen · Married on 05/30/2015

Matthew Bender did an amazing job with our engagement and wedding photos. His photojournalist style captured the emotion, the energy, and the personalities that define me, my partner, and our close family and friends. Our photos are that perfect combination of artsy and organic. Matthew Bender gave us more photos than promised in our contract, and he spent extra time with us during our engagement session. Perhaps most importantly, Matthew is great guy to be around. His calming presence is so valuable in the midst of wedding stress, and he makes even the most awkward moments comfortable. Highly recommended!!