MAR Cake Art Reviews

MAR Cake Art View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Suzanne Married on 11/18/2017
    Marcela was GREAT to work with. She was very quick to reply and always accommodating. The cake she designed was quite a masterpiece and definitely a hit! It was everything we asked for, and more!
    Kathleen Married on 10/21/2017
    Working with Marcella was a dream! She is extraordinarily talented and creative. Our cakes were breathtakingly beautiful and pricing was very reasonable. She also easily handled some unusual requests. We wanted a traditional wedding cake and a French croquembouche. It’s very hard to find bakers willing to take on a croquembouche even in a big city like Houston and she did a fabulous job. The profiteroles were perfection. Also, because our daughter’s wedding was at the Houston Museum of Natural Science, we wanted to geode cookies for guest favors. Her geode cookies were realistic, DELICIOUS, and presented beautifully in clear boxes with black velvet to look like a mini museum display. HMNS even featured them in their monthly magazine. We highly recommend Marcella and MARCakeArt!
    Alexandra Married on 10/14/2017
    I cannot speak highly enough of MAR Cake Art Studio. Marcela is a true artist! Not only did my wedding cake turn out absolutely gorgeous, but it tasted phenomenal!

At our tasting and first meeting, I realized Marcela was different from the other wedding cake bakers I had met. She listened to my design details, sketched a beautiful cake, and still bakes and decorates the cakes herself. Because of this, she is able to craft something unique and personal to you and your wedding needs, not pump out the same three or four styles of wedding cake like the other shops. And her flavors...wow. Her cakes and fillings were so good, we couldn't pick, and chose two different flavors for our six tier wedding cake: almond cake with chocolate ganache filling and classic white cake with strawberry filling. She also stayed very mindful of my budget, which I so appreciated!

A month before the wedding, I was unexpectedly diagnosed with celiac disease. Marcela made me feel calm and told me not to worry about the cake! She adjusted and made two gluten free layers, one for me and my husband to save for our anniversary, and the other for us to cut and eat on the wedding day. From what I heard from my husband, you could not tell the difference between the gluten free cake and the regular cake at all. Both tasted incredible!

On the wedding day itself, our cake stayed a focal point in the room. Our guests couldn't stop commenting on how stunning it was! The comments didn't stop after they got to taste the flavors, and they ranted and raved about it all night.

I truly can't recommend Marcela and MAR Cake Art Studio enough to every Houston bride! I know I'll be returning for any of my special event baking needs from here on out.
    Luanna Married on 05/17/2017
    Marcela created the most beautiful cake for my daughters wedding. We gave her a picture to go by and she recreated it perfectly but added gorgeous sugar anemones and ranuculus which were really a work of art. They matched my daughters bouquet perfectly, and the cake itself was moist and delicious. She responded to me very quickly each time I had a question, and she is very reasonably priced. She really is a cake artist!

MAR Cake Art's reply:

Thank you so much Luanna, it was pleasure to be part of this special day for your daughter!!
    Bianca Married on 06/24/2016
    I struggled to find a vendor only a week in advance for my sister's bridal shower. Marcela came to my rescue! She accommodated me at such short notice and I was so grateful for that. Marcela made me a cake, macaroons, cupcakes, and cake-pops, which were all color-coordinated for a beautiful bridal shower dessert table setup. On top of everything, the cake was amazing! Literally everyone asked me where I got the cake. (My favorite were the cake pops, they were so moist and delicious). I highly recommend Marcela. She will really work with you to make your event special. You will not be disappointed!
    Shabina Married on 03/23/2016
    I was blown away by the cake that MAR Cake Art created for my daughter's first birthday. She did everything I requested and more. All of my guests were just dazzled and mesmerized by the sheer elegance and detail of the cake and all of the other desserts on my cake table. I highly recommend MAR Cake Art for your event.
  • User2180074 2+ years ago
    Stylish Cakes by Marcela provided my cake for my wedding and I have to consider it as a work of art! Marcela has great attention to detail, and her cakes are delicious too! The flowers she made for the cake with sugar were amazing and everyone that has seen the cake or the flowers can't believe they are not real (I actually kept the flowers and are now displayed at home). She also made cookies for my guest which also turned out beautiful! I can't say enough good things about this vendor.
    Laura Married on 10/25/2014
    We chose cupcakes over a wedding cake for our daughter's wedding celebration. The cupcakes were amazing! There were beautifully crafted succulent-like flowers on each cupcake to fit the theme of the party. The cake filling was moist and delicious as was the filling inside each cupcake. Marcela is very professional and a true artisan in her field. I would definetely use her again and I highly recommend her services.
  • User1533074 2+ years ago
    Marcela was awesome from the first time I spoke with her. She was extremely professional and very willing to work with me. I had provided her a picture of what I had in mind and I saw another picture of a cake she had previously done and loved that too! I couldn't decide between the two and so decided to combine elements of both. I was extremely pleased with the results when I walked into the reception and saw the cake. It was absolutely beautiful and not just that, it tasted AMAZING!!! I would recommend Marcela to any and everyone. And she is extremely affordable!
    Ashley Married on 11/09/2013
    We received so many compliments on how beautiful and delicious our cake was. I have had many cakes made for different occasions, and Marcela is by far the best in the business. Her creativity is out of this world and she really understands your vision.
  • User1230026 2+ years ago
    Marcela works one on one and do do any size, style and favors. My cake was not only beautiful but it was so moist had a wonderful flavor. This was a short notice order. I will use her in the very near future.
    Doniesha Married on 07/24/2010
    Marcela was heaven sent..She Definitely had the best prices,Taste, and Our cake was so pretty(better than we expected). All of our guests complimented on how good our cake was..Thanks
    Andria Married on 05/10/2010
    Marcela was great to work with - she was patient and full of ideas which was very helpful on your special day. She incorporated my ideas and color scheme and came up with the most beautiful, delectable cake. The design was exactly what I wanted because I didn't want a "typical" cake, but something personalized. It was perfect for the size of our wedding party and everyone enjoyed it. I look forward to using Sweet and Stylish Cakes for birthdays and many anniversaries to come.
    Mrs. Married on 04/24/2010
    Outstanding! The wedding cakes and party favors were just beautiful and delicious. Marcella's responsiveness and professionalism reached far beyond my expectations. I would recommend Sweet & Stylish for any of your bakery needs. I know I will be looking forward to using her again and again.

Marcella, you need to post some pictures on here if you can.
    Sandra Married on 03/20/2010
    We absolutely loved our wedding cakes. Marcela did an amazing job. All of our guests admired the work so much!! It was a pleasure working with her and we are always referring people to her. Thanks again for making our wedding so special!
    Leonora Married on 03/06/2014
    Marcela made my dream cake come true! It was absolutely perfect in every way! I gave her a picture and she made that, THAT EXACT, cake for me. My husband and I were ecstatic. When I say it was perfect, I literally mean there was not a flaw on it. The taste and the texture were amazing, the detail was gorgeous, and Marcela is possibly the easiest and most professional baker I have ever met. She draws and practices everything by hand until you love it, then she makes it. And then you cry because it's perfect. She is responsive (she will always call or email you back within the hour). She will make her schedule around yours (even meeting you at home, if need be). And she doesn't charge ridiculous prices, either! She is affordable, she is wonderful, and her cakes are perfection. I could not be happier with my wedding cake! Oh, and you have to have to HAVE to get the cake balls. They are addicting!