Luckie Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Amy B. Married on 09/14/2021

Sweetest moments

Ivan from the start was incredibly patient and understanding. Traveling to Cancun was a huge milestone for me. Not only was it my first real vacation, but my 40th birthday. I knew I wanted this moment in my life captured beautifully, so when I came across Ivan Luckie Photography, and after reading the reviews, I knew I wanted him to be the one to make this happen. We talked back and forth for a few months and he took his time answering my questions and concerns about all the unexpected that could happen traveling to a different country and trying to prepare something so far in advance. Though circumstances changed our original plans and photoshoot idea, Ivan's calm personality and humor helped alleviate our stress, and he captured the sweetest moments with my partner perfectly.

Luckie Photography's reply:

thank you so much Amy and Karina! you are so sweet! hope to see you again in a near future, cheers!!!!!!!!
  • Shannon
    Shannon N. Married on 08/06/2021

Absolutely Obsessed with Ivan's Photos

I cannot express how grateful we are for the photos that Ivan took of our destination wedding. My husband and I loved his bright, saturated colors and the mix between posed and candid photos in his portfolio. He was responsive to questions, patient with our challenging guests, and had such super cool ideas. We didn't have him for long, but he absolutely made the most out of the time. And his prices for such incredible art is unbeatable. I want to go back to Mexico just to have him take more pictures.

Luckie Photography's reply:

thank you Shannon and Paul! I am so grateful to have you and be your photographer, enjoy your legacy!!!! thank you again!!!!!
  • Natalia
    Natalia R. Married on 01/07/2021

Absolute best! 100% recommend

The session we had with Ivan Luckie Photography was to celebrate my parent's 40th weeding anniversary. Ivan made the experience so much fun and the time we had at the beach during the photo session was, by far, one of the best family experiences we had in years. The pictures are gorgeous and we will treasure them forever. Ivan was also amazing in setting in a light, easy and fun mood for the photos. Incredible experience: responsive, great customer service, easy to book, great results. Thank you Ivan!

Luckie Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Natalia! thank you for the opportunity to capture those memories, hope to see you and work again with you, cheers!!!!!
  • Janet
    Janet Married on 11/09/2020

Best experience ever!

We are so happy to have Luckie Photography shooting our wedding, photos and video turn out beautiful, we wanted beautiful candid captures and great portraits and we had them, video were also beautiful, we love our pictures and wedding video and can’t thank enough, we recommend them!!!!!

Luckie Photography's reply:

thank you so much! we had a blast on your wedding, thank you again for let us capture your memories, cheers!!!!!
  • Shauna
    Shauna Married on 11/01/2020

Fantastic!!! 5 stars is not enough!

We were looking for a wedding photographer with a photojournalistic vision, he was so creative with their photo ideas, He exceeded our expectations in every way and our experience with him was the best, pictures turn out amazing I can’t wait to use him again! and again!
    Nadine Married on 10/23/2020

Best experience

We used Ivan Luckie Photography for our engagement, wedding video and photos, and we are so amazed we did! Our photos turned out beautifully and we will forever cheerish our memories. Ivan was very sweet and captured amazing candid moments. The finals photos are breathtaking!

Luckie Photography's reply:

Thank you so Much Nadine and Jeff!! we are honored to have been chosen to capture your valuable photo memories, cheers for a lifetime guys!
    Lindsay P. Married on 04/01/2020

Ivan is the best photographer without question

I️ don’t know where to begin.

Ivan and his team are not only extremely talented photographers, but they are the greatest team to work with.

If there was a score of 10 stars, this would be Ivan and his team, brides look no further and book him ASAP his work is amazing high quality!

I had a great experience on the wedding day. I already knew beforehand he will create beautiful and creative work from just checking his website but his skills to capture moments comes from making you feel happy and great.

Ivan’s team is best of the best! There is no one else that I would ever think about for such an important day!

After wedding I got an amazing sneak peak of 60 beautiful photos! in a breath-taking music slideshow, I got the other edited photos in 12 days, I was already impressed!

My guests can’t stop talking about how beautiful the photos are! thank you, thank you thank you!
    Christina Married on 11/08/2019

Photos in Mexico

We had our engagement photo shoot done by Ivan when we visited Playa Del Carmen. I loved his work and after emailing with him a few times, I felt totally comfortable booking with him. His communication is prompt and his photos were FAB! We look forward to working with Ivan for our Trash The Dress Photos, next time we are in Mexico.

Luckie Photography's reply:

Thank you Christina!!! It was my pleasure and wish those memories worth a lot to your family, I Can’t wait ro see you again and your beautiful family!! Cheers!!
    Rebbeca W. Married on 02/01/2019

100% recommended!!!

I am absolutely in love with my wedding photos from Ivan Luckie. Ivan was great on our wedding day. He took his time and chose lots of different poses and scenery for our photos. He was fun and creative while being patient with us. Ivan is easy to contact with through email and I received all my photos in less than 2 months. Very happy! He is very talented and I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Rebecca&Michael
  • Y
    Yvette Married on 06/05/2018
    Ivan and his team are great!!! We had our wedding at Moon Palace Cancun June 5, 2018 and couldn't have picked a better team!
    Katie H. Married on 01/07/2018

Amazing work !!!!

I first met Ivan when he photographed my brother's wedding in Mexico in 2010. When my husband and I were looking for photographers for our destination wedding, I immediately thought of Ivan- He was great to work with at my brother's wedding and he produced beautiful photos from their wedding! We are so happy we chose him to capture our big day! Our photos are amazing! He was easy to work with and very patient with our talkative and crazy wedding party. Also, his pricing was significantly less expensive than the competition without sacrificing quantity (we received 450-500 edited photos) or quality. I highly recommend using Ivan Luckie photography for your special day!
  • Diana
    Diana Married on 04/28/2017

Amazing photos, superb photography team

I found Ivan after seeing some of his underwater trash the dress photos online and fell in love with the style of his photography. We hired Ivan and he did a fantastic job covering our getting ready, first look, ceremony, reception, and trash the dress session. He and his team also did our videography. We were so pleased with how our pictures and video turned out. His team was really great and captured many moments throughout the entire day that we otherwise would have missed. Throughout the entire process, they were extremely professional and made us and our guests feel at ease. Highly recommend.
    Mia Married on 02/24/2017
    The absolute best photographer in Mexico! Ivan is wonderful he drove to meet us at out hotel to take care of all of our photos. He's amazing to work with. He even went out of his way to try to take our wedding photos against all odds. We loved him. If you want to be turned into a work of art, Ivan is your guy. Literally, once he sent the photos I can't find one I dislike and I never like pictures of me. He's always willing to help he even offered to fly to America to shoot our wedding when we weren't able to have the main ceremony in Cancun. Ivan is going to be the guy I call in 10 years to shoot my anniversary. Because between you and I, none of my friends wedding photos even come close! He's just amazing !!!!!!
  • Y
    Yesenia Married on 07/23/2016
    My family and I are beyond grateful for the outstanding professionalism and beautiful work provided in the photos Luckie Photography created on our special day. From the moment we opened up the site to view our photos, my entire family, friends and ourselves were taken back by the beautifully captured moments in these photos. I remember a family friend saying " I love how the photographer captured all the LOVE and HAPPINESS of that special day, I could feel it coming through the photos!" I thought to myself of what an amazing work Ivan did that day by having the professionalism, patience and artistic eye to capture what we all felt being in that magical place and feeling so happy and full of love. I also remember thinking and wondering how he was going to pull off the photos we took in the Mayan cave, but true to his artistic eye he delivered PERFECTION! BEAUTIFUL photos with the most amazing light, color and angles. Just Amazing work!! So happy we found this amazing artist to capture our special day of love. Thank you Sir!

Slideshow https://www.luckiephotography.com/client-gallery/yesenia-collin-slideshow/
  • O
    Olivia Married on 04/27/2016
    My husband and I were both incredibly pleased with Luckie photography. Coming from Canada, we were nervous as everything is organized via email and we didn't have the chance to meet Ivan before the day of the wedding. We felt his pricing was excellent value, and communicating with him was a pleasure. He was always responsive to my emails, and helpful with the process of booking and sending the deposit. The day of the wedding, he was punctual, didn't miss any details and stayed until he felt he and his associate had completed the job (a full 8 hours!) Many guests commented on the quality of his work. He is extremely professional and exciting to work with, as he comes up with very beautiful photos! He is obviously passionate about his profession, and appreciates every one of his clients. We ended up with magazine worthy pictures, and I could not recommend Luckie Photography more!

• Julia
    Julia D. Married on 04/23/2016

Absolutely Amazing!!!

We can't say enough amazing things about Ivan and Lucky photography! Our photos came out incredible and the service was impeccable. Very responsive and resent us our photo 3 years later after we lost them during a move. We can't recommend them enough!!! Thank you so much!
    Alex Married on 04/23/2016

Saving the Day

It’s been a little over three years and my wife and I still can’t believe how great of a job Ivan did shooting our wedding. He was very easy to work with and in fact saved the day recently. We misplaced our original copies of our wedding pictures and reached out to Ivan to see if there was any chance he still had them. He got back to us in minutes saying that he did and then re-shared the link. Thank you Ivan for saving the day and we will absolutely recommend it you to anyone that is having a destination wedding in the future!
    Epsen Married on 04/09/2016
    The main reason we went for Luckie was his beautiful photos, they were all we were looking for, for a while we research and inquiry to many photographers and there is no doubt we went for the best, we love our photos, He capture many moments and beautiful photo we will enjoy for a lifetime, we recommend Luckie for your wedding, he is just incredible.
  • Erika
    Erika C. Married on 11/07/2015

Madly in love with my Trash The Dress Photo Session

These are not your average/commercial wedding photos. Ivan has a very unique talent to compose his shots and make the most out of every setting. He made us feel super comfortable during the shoot, our photos are super natural, esponataneus and absolutely beautiful.
    I highly recomend him, I still get compliments on our pictures and the most important thing: I cant stop looking at my photos. Thanks Ivan, you made my dream pictures come true.

Luckie Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Erika! It was a pleasure to be the one capturing those invaluable memories, hope we work in a near future! cheers!!!!!
    Elsa Married on 10/03/2015
    Before selecting the resort or even where exactly in Mexico I wanted to get married, I already knew who I wanted for my photographer. I followed Ivan regularly and his galleries never ceased to amaze me! I couldn’t be happier when I booked him and knew he had exactly the vision I was looking for.

He was very responsive to emails and answered all my questions and fears I had. I met with him here in the states in Stamford, CT (where I live) when he was here for a wedding he was shooting. The day of the wedding he arrived promptly along with his wife who assists him. They are both so sweet and made us feel at ease. It helped that him and his wife were already friends with our wedding coordinator, makeup artist and hair stylist. Everyone worked so well together, it was seamless. I am not comfortable with the camera so was so happy that throughout the ceremony and reception I barely knew they were there. The next day we did our trash the dress session. It was in the afternoon and we drove around looking for the perfect spots. We had so much fun with it and Ivan’s ideas were all so animated and exciting. I could not wait to see my pictures!!!

Well, I recently got my pictures and I could not be happier!!! Ivan exceeded my expectations and over delivered the most amazing and beautiful pictures to us. He captured my wedding exactly as I remembered it and even captured moments that we were all too busy enjoying. Everyone just had their fun and we barely noticed he was there. The colors, the views, the backdrops, everything he did without a moment of hesitation was ingeniously done.

I honestly cannot say enough great things about Ivan and to be honest his work speaks for itself. He made my wedding day absolutely wonderful and I could not have asked for better. His passion for his work and dedication is exemplary. Ivan a million thanks for giving me such beautiful art and memories I can keep with me forever.
  • User2118132 2+ years ago
    I highly recommend Ivan for all of your wedding photography needs. He is respectful, courteous, and fun to work with.
    Cherrie Married on 02/16/2015
    This review is about two years delayed.. Sorry IVAN! We didn't want a very stressful wedding so ofcourse we decided to do a destination wedding. I had chosen Ivan because his prices were reasonable and I loved his portfolio. Then to top it off he was so easy to communicate and speaks very good English (I believe he is from US and moved to Mexico). Then finally our wedding date arrived (FEB of 2015) and Ivan and his assistant arrived on time. Given that we were so awkward and had no clue as to how to act or pose, our pictures turned out perfect. We did do a trash the dress on the beach which was super fun and awesome. Then after the photo shoot Ivan was nice enough to stop by 7/11 so that we can get some food which felt like a little tour of Riviera. My husband left his sunglass in his car and he was (again) nice enough to get someone to drop it off at our resort since he was not available the next day. I did wait a bit (just a tad bit) to get our pictures which is understandable since he gets a lot of bookings and we know how time consuming it is to choose and edit pictures since my husband is hobbyist photographer.

Luckie Photography's reply:

Hi Cherrie! Thank you for the review! it doesn't matter how long it took, i am just thankful and blessed to get one like this :)

Guess what I have deal with delivery times to get the shorten and the only way were accepting less wedding, same price, and I am personally still edit them, I just love photography,

thank you again!!!
    Ivan!
    Diana Married on 09/20/2014
    Ivan is AMAZING! When we start to plan our wedding we had no doubt in our mind that Ivan was going to be our photographer. He is enthusiastic, creative, fun, and so passionate about what he does! We meet on a party and our family and friends love to party and have a good time, so we needed to make sure that our photographer understood that and had that same vibe and could express all the essence of the wedding in the photos and when we saw his work we knew that Ivan was that photographer. He is a blast to work with! The wedding day is a day where you feel out of your comfort zone: you feel so many emotions, nerves, happiness and Ivan not only help us during the photo-shoot making us fell super comfortable forgetting he was there, he also helped us make our day the amazing day it was. Today we see our photos and we can remember all the emotions of our wedding day, thanks to him we will have memories to cherish forever!
    Lara Married on 09/12/2014
    Ivan created magical moments from our wedding in his photography. All of our friends and family said our photos should be on the cover of a magazine! They are breathtaking and I'm so glad we hired him to document our elopement so our friends and family could share our moments later. He was willing to work with us despite we had a small elopement and we had so much fun taking pictures around San Miguel. Even my husband who doesn't always enjoys taking pictures had a great time! He even came early and checked out the neighborhood where our villa was located to get ideas where the best photos would be. If you want magazine worthy photos, call Ivan!