Luckie Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• Kirsti
    Kirsti B. Married on 04/18/2022

The Best!!!!

Ivan and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were so professional and flexible with us as our day got rained out and ceremony location ended up changing last minute as a result. Our pictures turned out stunning and so many moments and details were captured that I never even considered. I would hire Luckie Photography again in a heartbeat, they are the BEST!
  • Sara
    Sara F. Married on 04/07/2022

absolutely amazing!

Ivan was absolutely amazing! He is super attentive and made both of us so calm. I love all the candid shots and how he caught our most intimate moments! I cannot thank him enough and can’t wait to frame them!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • SAra
    Sara F. Married on 03/12/2022

Magnificent and caring Photogrpaher

Ivan was amazing! He was so attentive and for two people who don’t like taking pictures, he made us feel relaxed and we had so much fun! He did such an incredible job and we can’t wait to go back to Tulum and hopefully have more pictures taken with him!!
    Joanne S. Married on 12/01/2021

Great Experience!

Hired Ivan for some couples photographs/belated engagement shoot (we had a small COVID wedding). He was responsive, listened to what we wanted, and most importantly got great photos for a very reasonable price! Plus he and his wife who came to assist were lovely people. Would recommend.

Luckie Photography's reply:

thank you so much Joeanne!! we had an amazing day with you and we loved the photos as well! hope to see you soon in a near future! cheers!!!!!!!
  • Jordania
    Jordania N. Married on 10/02/2021

Just so, so talented

I chose Ivan as the photographer and videographer of my wedding based on his creative shooting and editing style-- and he delivered. We're obsessed. A+ :)
    Amy B. Married on 09/14/2021

Sweetest moments

Ivan from the start was incredibly patient and understanding. Traveling to Cancun was a huge milestone for me. Not only was it my first real vacation, but my 40th birthday. I knew I wanted this moment in my life captured beautifully, so when I came across Ivan Luckie Photography, and after reading the reviews, I knew I wanted him to be the one to make this happen. We talked back and forth for a few months and he took his time answering my questions and concerns about all the unexpected that could happen traveling to a different country and trying to prepare something so far in advance. Though circumstances changed our original plans and photoshoot idea, Ivan's calm personality and humor helped alleviate our stress, and he captured the sweetest moments with my partner perfectly.

Luckie Photography's reply:

thank you so much Amy and Karina! you are so sweet! hope to see you again in a near future, cheers!!!!!!!!
  • Shannon
    Shannon N. Married on 08/06/2021

Absolutely Obsessed with Ivan's Photos

I cannot express how grateful we are for the photos that Ivan took of our destination wedding. My husband and I loved his bright, saturated colors and the mix between posed and candid photos in his portfolio. He was responsive to questions, patient with our challenging guests, and had such super cool ideas. We didn't have him for long, but he absolutely made the most out of the time. And his prices for such incredible art is unbeatable. I want to go back to Mexico just to have him take more pictures.

Luckie Photography's reply:

thank you Shannon and Paul! I am so grateful to have you and be your photographer, enjoy your legacy!!!! thank you again!!!!!
  • Natalia
    Natalia R. Married on 01/07/2021

Absolute best! 100% recommend

The session we had with Ivan Luckie Photography was to celebrate my parent's 40th weeding anniversary. Ivan made the experience so much fun and the time we had at the beach during the photo session was, by far, one of the best family experiences we had in years. The pictures are gorgeous and we will treasure them forever. Ivan was also amazing in setting in a light, easy and fun mood for the photos. Incredible experience: responsive, great customer service, easy to book, great results. Thank you Ivan!

Luckie Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Natalia! thank you for the opportunity to capture those memories, hope to see you and work again with you, cheers!!!!!
  • Janet
    Janet Married on 11/09/2020

Best experience ever!

We are so happy to have Luckie Photography shooting our wedding, photos and video turn out beautiful, we wanted beautiful candid captures and great portraits and we had them, video were also beautiful, we love our pictures and wedding video and can’t thank enough, we recommend them!!!!!

Luckie Photography's reply:

thank you so much! we had a blast on your wedding, thank you again for let us capture your memories, cheers!!!!!
  • Shauna
    Shauna Married on 11/01/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic!!! 5 stars is not enough!

We were looking for a wedding photographer with a photojournalistic vision, he was so creative with their photo ideas, He exceeded our expectations in every way and our experience with him was the best, pictures turn out amazing I can’t wait to use him again! and again!
    Nadine Married on 10/23/2020

Best experience

We used Ivan Luckie Photography for our engagement, wedding video and photos, and we are so amazed we did! Our photos turned out beautifully and we will forever cheerish our memories. Ivan was very sweet and captured amazing candid moments. The finals photos are breathtaking!

Luckie Photography's reply:

Thank you so Much Nadine and Jeff!! we are honored to have been chosen to capture your valuable photo memories, cheers for a lifetime guys!
    Lindsay P. Married on 04/01/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Ivan is the best photographer without question

I️ don’t know where to begin.

Ivan and his team are not only extremely talented photographers, but they are the greatest team to work with.

If there was a score of 10 stars, this would be Ivan and his team, brides look no further and book him ASAP his work is amazing high quality!

I had a great experience on the wedding day. I already knew beforehand he will create beautiful and creative work from just checking his website but his skills to capture moments comes from making you feel happy and great.

Ivan’s team is best of the best! There is no one else that I would ever think about for such an important day!

After wedding I got an amazing sneak peak of 60 beautiful photos! in a breath-taking music slideshow, I got the other edited photos in 12 days, I was already impressed!

My guests can’t stop talking about how beautiful the photos are! thank you, thank you thank you!
    Christina Married on 11/08/2019

Photos in Mexico

We had our engagement photo shoot done by Ivan when we visited Playa Del Carmen. I loved his work and after emailing with him a few times, I felt totally comfortable booking with him. His communication is prompt and his photos were FAB! We look forward to working with Ivan for our Trash The Dress Photos, next time we are in Mexico.

Luckie Photography's reply:

Thank you Christina!!! It was my pleasure and wish those memories worth a lot to your family, I Can’t wait ro see you again and your beautiful family!! Cheers!!
    Andrea C. Married on 06/10/2019

Simply Amazing!

Ivan was literally our lifesaver for our wedding! I’ve seen so many girls have regret after they get pictures and the only feelings we had were the furthest from regret! The joy first started with an engagement session, which he was kind enough to fit in when we were out in Mexico on vacation! They came out amazing and we knew he completely “got us”! Next up was the wedding! I’d like to think that I wasn’t difficult lol, but I did have a certain list of pictures I knew I wanted or ideas for him to run with and he never once made that difficult! He took every single request and went above and beyond to make sure we had them all! My husband and I have a different colorful and not your everyday modern style so it was very important to me that the Photographers style was used but in a way to show us! And I all I can say after receiving the pictures is, mind blown! I never in my life have had pictures where I couldn’t find anything wrong to pick at.... I’ve actually had many people joke and say they have no idea how I will pick the better ones because they all came out stunning! We also did a video... and.... wow, just wow! My husband and I have watched over and over, and cried every single time! Our gratitude for what they caught that day for us is something we can’t express in words! They made our day so simple, easy and smooth and we’re so laid back joking with us which is exactly what we wanted! He always got right back to me if I ever had any questions and truly is such a kind and talented soul! We also wanted to do the Trash the Dress... at the time of our wedding the seaweed was very bad in the ocean, so he found a gorgeous cenotes for us so we were still able to completely do! We enjoyed all of the time we got to spend with him, and we instantly considered him a friend! We will forever be grateful to the memories he has given us and there’s not a better way to refer him than by saying there won’t be one ounce of you that is disappointed! Him and his work is simply amazing!
    Rebbeca W. Married on 02/01/2019

100% recommended!!!

I am absolutely in love with my wedding photos from Ivan Luckie. Ivan was great on our wedding day. He took his time and chose lots of different poses and scenery for our photos. He was fun and creative while being patient with us. Ivan is easy to contact with through email and I received all my photos in less than 2 months. Very happy! He is very talented and I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Rebecca&Michael
  • Y
    Yvette Married on 06/05/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Ivan and his team are great!!! We had our wedding at Moon Palace Cancun June 5, 2018 and couldn't have picked a better team!
    Katie H. Married on 01/07/2018

Amazing work !!!!

I first met Ivan when he photographed my brother's wedding in Mexico in 2010. When my husband and I were looking for photographers for our destination wedding, I immediately thought of Ivan- He was great to work with at my brother's wedding and he produced beautiful photos from their wedding! We are so happy we chose him to capture our big day! Our photos are amazing! He was easy to work with and very patient with our talkative and crazy wedding party. Also, his pricing was significantly less expensive than the competition without sacrificing quantity (we received 450-500 edited photos) or quality. I highly recommend using Ivan Luckie photography for your special day!
    Diana Married on 04/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing photos, superb photography team

I found Ivan after seeing some of his underwater trash the dress photos online and fell in love with the style of his photography. We hired Ivan and he did a fantastic job covering our getting ready, first look, ceremony, reception, and trash the dress session. He and his team also did our videography. We were so pleased with how our pictures and video turned out. His team was really great and captured many moments throughout the entire day that we otherwise would have missed. Throughout the entire process, they were extremely professional and made us and our guests feel at ease. Highly recommend.
    Mia Married on 02/24/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The absolute best photographer in Mexico! Ivan is wonderful he drove to meet us at out hotel to take care of all of our photos. He's amazing to work with. He even went out of his way to try to take our wedding photos against all odds. We loved him. If you want to be turned into a work of art, Ivan is your guy. Literally, once he sent the photos I can't find one I dislike and I never like pictures of me. He's always willing to help he even offered to fly to America to shoot our wedding when we weren't able to have the main ceremony in Cancun. Ivan is going to be the guy I call in 10 years to shoot my anniversary. Because between you and I, none of my friends wedding photos even come close! He's just amazing !!!!!!
  • Y
    Yesenia Married on 07/23/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My family and I are beyond grateful for the outstanding professionalism and beautiful work provided in the photos Luckie Photography created on our special day. From the moment we opened up the site to view our photos, my entire family, friends and ourselves were taken back by the beautifully captured moments in these photos. I remember a family friend saying " I love how the photographer captured all the LOVE and HAPPINESS of that special day, I could feel it coming through the photos!" I thought to myself of what an amazing work Ivan did that day by having the professionalism, patience and artistic eye to capture what we all felt being in that magical place and feeling so happy and full of love. I also remember thinking and wondering how he was going to pull off the photos we took in the Mayan cave, but true to his artistic eye he delivered PERFECTION! BEAUTIFUL photos with the most amazing light, color and angles. Just Amazing work!! So happy we found this amazing artist to capture our special day of love. Thank you Sir!

Slideshow https://www.luckiephotography.com/client-gallery/yesenia-collin-slideshow/
  • O
    Olivia Married on 04/27/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I were both incredibly pleased with Luckie photography. Coming from Canada, we were nervous as everything is organized via email and we didn't have the chance to meet Ivan before the day of the wedding. We felt his pricing was excellent value, and communicating with him was a pleasure. He was always responsive to my emails, and helpful with the process of booking and sending the deposit. The day of the wedding, he was punctual, didn't miss any details and stayed until he felt he and his associate had completed the job (a full 8 hours!) Many guests commented on the quality of his work. He is extremely professional and exciting to work with, as he comes up with very beautiful photos! He is obviously passionate about his profession, and appreciates every one of his clients. We ended up with magazine worthy pictures, and I could not recommend Luckie Photography more!

• Julia
    Julia D. Married on 04/23/2016

Absolutely Amazing!!!

We can't say enough amazing things about Ivan and Lucky photography! Our photos came out incredible and the service was impeccable. Very responsive and resent us our photo 3 years later after we lost them during a move. We can't recommend them enough!!! Thank you so much!
    Alex Married on 04/23/2016

Saving the Day

It’s been a little over three years and my wife and I still can’t believe how great of a job Ivan did shooting our wedding. He was very easy to work with and in fact saved the day recently. We misplaced our original copies of our wedding pictures and reached out to Ivan to see if there was any chance he still had them. He got back to us in minutes saying that he did and then re-shared the link. Thank you Ivan for saving the day and we will absolutely recommend it you to anyone that is having a destination wedding in the future!
    Epsen Married on 04/09/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The main reason we went for Luckie was his beautiful photos, they were all we were looking for, for a while we research and inquiry to many photographers and there is no doubt we went for the best, we love our photos, He capture many moments and beautiful photo we will enjoy for a lifetime, we recommend Luckie for your wedding, he is just incredible.
illustration stars