Luckie Photography Reviews

70 | Cancun, MX

70 Reviews for Luckie Photography

Lindsay Phung · Getting married on 04/01/2020

Ivan is the best photographer without question

I️ don’t know where to begin.

Ivan and his team are not only extremely talented photographers, but they are the greatest team to work with.

If there was a score of 10 stars, this would be Ivan and his team, brides look no further and book him ASAP his work is amazing high quality!

I had a great experience on the wedding day. I already knew beforehand he will create beautiful and creative work from just checking his website but his skills to capture moments comes from making you feel happy and great.

Ivan’s team is best of the best! There is no one else that I would ever think about for such an important day!

After wedding I got an amazing sneak peak of 60 beautiful photos! in a breath-taking music slideshow, I got the other edited photos in 12 days, I was already impressed!

My guests can’t stop talking about how beautiful the photos are! thank you, thank you thank you!

Sent on 01/23/2020

Christina · Married on 11/08/2019

Photos in Mexico

We had our engagement photo shoot done by Ivan when we visited Playa Del Carmen. I loved his work and after emailing with him a few times, I felt totally comfortable booking with him. His communication is prompt and his photos were FAB! We look forward to working with Ivan for our Trash The Dress Photos, next time we are in Mexico.

Sent on 02/19/2020

Luckie Photography's reply:

Thank you Christina!!! It was my pleasure and wish those memories worth a lot to your family, I Can’t wait ro see you again and your beautiful family!! Cheers!!

Rebbeca Withage · Married on 02/01/2019

100% recommended!!!

I am absolutely in love with my wedding photos from Ivan Luckie. Ivan was great on our wedding day. He took his time and chose lots of different poses and scenery for our photos. He was fun and creative while being patient with us. Ivan is easy to contact with through email and I received all my photos in less than 2 months. Very happy! He is very talented and I would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Rebecca&Michael

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 06/05/2018

Ivan and his team are great!!! We had our wedding at Moon Palace Cancun June 5, 2018 and couldn't have picked a better team!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Katie Hartman · Married on 01/07/2018

Amazing work !!!!

I first met Ivan when he photographed my brother's wedding in Mexico in 2010. When my husband and I were looking for photographers for our destination wedding, I immediately thought of Ivan- He was great to work with at my brother's wedding and he produced beautiful photos from their wedding! We are so happy we chose him to capture our big day! Our photos are amazing! He was easy to work with and very patient with our talkative and crazy wedding party. Also, his pricing was significantly less expensive than the competition without sacrificing quantity (we received 450-500 edited photos) or quality. I highly recommend using Ivan Luckie photography for your special day!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Diana

Diana O · Married on 04/28/2017

Amazing photos, superb photography team

I found Ivan after seeing some of his underwater trash the dress photos online and fell in love with the style of his photography. We hired Ivan and he did a fantastic job covering our getting ready, first look, ceremony, reception, and trash the dress session. He and his team also did our videography. We were so pleased with how our pictures and video turned out. His team was really great and captured many moments throughout the entire day that we otherwise would have missed. Throughout the entire process, they were extremely professional and made us and our guests feel at ease. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/22/2019

mia · Married on 02/24/2017

The absolute best photographer in Mexico! Ivan is wonderful he drove to meet us at out hotel to take care of all of our photos. He's amazing to work with. He even went out of his way to try to take our wedding photos against all odds. We loved him. If you want to be turned into a work of art, Ivan is your guy. Literally, once he sent the photos I can't find one I dislike and I never like pictures of me. He's always willing to help he even offered to fly to America to shoot our wedding when we weren't able to have the main ceremony in Cancun. Ivan is going to be the guy I call in 10 years to shoot my anniversary. Because between you and I, none of my friends wedding photos even come close! He's just amazing !!!!!!

Sent on 06/24/2017
  • Y

Yesenia · Married on 07/23/2016

My family and I are beyond grateful for the outstanding professionalism and beautiful work provided in the photos Luckie Photography created on our special day. From the moment we opened up the site to view our photos, my entire family, friends and ourselves were taken back by the beautifully captured moments in these photos. I remember a family friend saying " I love how the photographer captured all the LOVE and HAPPINESS of that special day, I could feel it coming through the photos!" I thought to myself of what an amazing work Ivan did that day by having the professionalism, patience and artistic eye to capture what we all felt being in that magical place and feeling so happy and full of love. I also remember thinking and wondering how he was going to pull off the photos we took in the Mayan cave, but true to his artistic eye he delivered PERFECTION! BEAUTIFUL photos with the most amazing light, color and angles. Just Amazing work!! So happy we found this amazing artist to capture our special day of love. Thank you Sir!

Slideshow https://www.luckiephotography.com/client-gallery/yesenia-collin-slideshow/

Sent on 02/27/2017
  • O

Olivia · Married on 04/27/2016

My husband and I were both incredibly pleased with Luckie photography. Coming from Canada, we were nervous as everything is organized via email and we didn't have the chance to meet Ivan before the day of the wedding. We felt his pricing was excellent value, and communicating with him was a pleasure. He was always responsive to my emails, and helpful with the process of booking and sending the deposit. The day of the wedding, he was punctual, didn't miss any details and stayed until he felt he and his associate had completed the job (a full 8 hours!) Many guests commented on the quality of his work. He is extremely professional and exciting to work with, as he comes up with very beautiful photos! He is obviously passionate about his profession, and appreciates every one of his clients. We ended up with magazine worthy pictures, and I could not recommend Luckie Photography more!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Alex D · Married on 04/23/2016

Saving the Day

It’s been a little over three years and my wife and I still can’t believe how great of a job Ivan did shooting our wedding. He was very easy to work with and in fact saved the day recently. We misplaced our original copies of our wedding pictures and reached out to Ivan to see if there was any chance he still had them. He got back to us in minutes saying that he did and then re-shared the link. Thank you Ivan for saving the day and we will absolutely recommend it you to anyone that is having a destination wedding in the future!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Julia

Julia Dorn · Married on 04/23/2016

Absolutely Amazing!!!

We can't say enough amazing things about Ivan and Lucky photography! Our photos came out incredible and the service was impeccable. Very responsive and resent us our photo 3 years later after we lost them during a move. We can't recommend them enough!!! Thank you so much!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Epsen · Married on 04/09/2016

The main reason we went for Luckie was his beautiful photos, they were all we were looking for, for a while we research and inquiry to many photographers and there is no doubt we went for the best, we love our photos, He capture many moments and beautiful photo we will enjoy for a lifetime, we recommend Luckie for your wedding, he is just incredible.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Elsa · Married on 10/03/2015

Before selecting the resort or even where exactly in Mexico I wanted to get married, I already knew who I wanted for my photographer. I followed Ivan regularly and his galleries never ceased to amaze me! I couldn’t be happier when I booked him and knew he had exactly the vision I was looking for.

He was very responsive to emails and answered all my questions and fears I had. I met with him here in the states in Stamford, CT (where I live) when he was here for a wedding he was shooting. The day of the wedding he arrived promptly along with his wife who assists him. They are both so sweet and made us feel at ease. It helped that him and his wife were already friends with our wedding coordinator, makeup artist and hair stylist. Everyone worked so well together, it was seamless. I am not comfortable with the camera so was so happy that throughout the ceremony and reception I barely knew they were there. The next day we did our trash the dress session. It was in the afternoon and we drove around looking for the perfect spots. We had so much fun with it and Ivan’s ideas were all so animated and exciting. I could not wait to see my pictures!!!

Well, I recently got my pictures and I could not be happier!!! Ivan exceeded my expectations and over delivered the most amazing and beautiful pictures to us. He captured my wedding exactly as I remembered it and even captured moments that we were all too busy enjoying. Everyone just had their fun and we barely noticed he was there. The colors, the views, the backdrops, everything he did without a moment of hesitation was ingeniously done.

I honestly cannot say enough great things about Ivan and to be honest his work speaks for itself. He made my wedding day absolutely wonderful and I could not have asked for better. His passion for his work and dedication is exemplary. Ivan a million thanks for giving me such beautiful art and memories I can keep with me forever.

Sent on 02/13/2012

I highly recommend Ivan for all of your wedding photography needs. He is respectful, courteous, and fun to work with.

Sent on 05/04/2015

Cherrie · Married on 02/16/2015

This review is about two years delayed.. Sorry IVAN! We didn't want a very stressful wedding so ofcourse we decided to do a destination wedding. I had chosen Ivan because his prices were reasonable and I loved his portfolio. Then to top it off he was so easy to communicate and speaks very good English (I believe he is from US and moved to Mexico). Then finally our wedding date arrived (FEB of 2015) and Ivan and his assistant arrived on time. Given that we were so awkward and had no clue as to how to act or pose, our pictures turned out perfect. We did do a trash the dress on the beach which was super fun and awesome. Then after the photo shoot Ivan was nice enough to stop by 7/11 so that we can get some food which felt like a little tour of Riviera. My husband left his sunglass in his car and he was (again) nice enough to get someone to drop it off at our resort since he was not available the next day. I did wait a bit (just a tad bit) to get our pictures which is understandable since he gets a lot of bookings and we know how time consuming it is to choose and edit pictures since my husband is hobbyist photographer.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Luckie Photography's reply:

Hi Cherrie! Thank you for the review! it doesn't matter how long it took, i am just thankful and blessed to get one like this :)

Guess what I have deal with delivery times to get the shorten and the only way were accepting less wedding, same price, and I am personally still edit them, I just love photography,

thank you again!!!
    Ivan!

Diana · Married on 09/20/2014

Ivan is AMAZING! When we start to plan our wedding we had no doubt in our mind that Ivan was going to be our photographer. He is enthusiastic, creative, fun, and so passionate about what he does! We meet on a party and our family and friends love to party and have a good time, so we needed to make sure that our photographer understood that and had that same vibe and could express all the essence of the wedding in the photos and when we saw his work we knew that Ivan was that photographer. He is a blast to work with! The wedding day is a day where you feel out of your comfort zone: you feel so many emotions, nerves, happiness and Ivan not only help us during the photo-shoot making us fell super comfortable forgetting he was there, he also helped us make our day the amazing day it was. Today we see our photos and we can remember all the emotions of our wedding day, thanks to him we will have memories to cherish forever!

Sent on 01/19/2015

Lara · Married on 09/12/2014

Ivan created magical moments from our wedding in his photography. All of our friends and family said our photos should be on the cover of a magazine! They are breathtaking and I'm so glad we hired him to document our elopement so our friends and family could share our moments later. He was willing to work with us despite we had a small elopement and we had so much fun taking pictures around San Miguel. Even my husband who doesn't always enjoys taking pictures had a great time! He even came early and checked out the neighborhood where our villa was located to get ideas where the best photos would be. If you want magazine worthy photos, call Ivan!

Sent on 01/09/2015

Jamy · Married on 05/28/2014

So excited to share my experiences! I got a really nice deal good Price super quality and talent in it, especially compared to other photographers in the area. We brides usually pick the photographer looking at the portafolio, so it could be kind of luck of the draw for personality of the photographer you have. Luckily Ivan was amazing and his personality totally matched our needs, his wedding visión, his style. We sawa our cpitures in an super online gallery, very well made. We order also am album and I fall in love with it, more beutiful I have ever seen and quality is outstanding, I did some album previously here in the States to share with my family, they costs 60% or more that Ivan’s album, they seem to be the same but I looked into details and I saw a huge difference beside the other albums start to kind of washed out of color and image.

I can’t thank Ivan enough for his work, passion, honestly during all the process.

Thank you Ivan! Jamy and Andre

Sent on 10/22/2014

Nike · Married on 05/23/2014

We did our engagement pictures with Ivan, I knew that our wedding photos would be like a fairy tale!, we felt so comfotable to work with him, I can't express how amazing his work is, Ivan was extremely unique and creative, absolutely amazing, I would highly recommend Ivan for someone else's wedding, wonderful!! Ivan’s prices couldn't be refused, belive me you will not regret, Eveytime I look at the pictures I think! excellent, great, amazing!!!! Ivan's work was so amazing that other vendors asked us to use his photos!!

I am so thankful!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Alexandra · Married on 05/17/2014

There are no words to thank Ivan Luckie for doing such a lovely work, I did not realised he was all around, when I saw my wedding pictures, I immediately figure out that he was capturing all the real moments that were going on during the day, he insisted that his photography is true and honest, nothing manipulated and I was super excited to have a real story, well he doesn't disappoint me actually he amazed me!! and now I look at my pictures time after time and I remember the day perfectly, every picture give me a whole idea that what happened and the story is unbelievable!

My husband was lean towards the most expensive photographer in the area, 3 of them, we check all the posts and we had no doubt that Ivan from Luckie Photography will capture the day perfectly, we also realised that those expensive photographer over edited the pictures at a point where they look fake, mainly on the skins and the whites of the dresses totally without texture, I realise about this because I was looking at dresses and compared with my dress.

We leant on photo quality, but we asked for the reason why they were expensive and their answer were almost the same, the expensive equipment but! Ivan explained us later and told us that he really do photography because he loves it and he thinks most photographers manage the business as business man, love this point!

Sent on 07/04/2014

Erik · Married on 05/13/2014

We looked photographers for a long time, research all the Riviera Maya for this, we found some very pricey and some other affordable photographers, we could not decide on any because the expensive ones didn't fill out eye, there were that we could not match with our idea, the less expensive was the same situation, we could not find any real difference. As we know memories are the only tangible thing, pictures were the top of the list.

I don't know how we ran into LuckiePhotography website, we went through many weddings and after all this we fall in love and identify on what we see and what we wanted, Ivan seems to capture all the moments and not only that we does beautiful portraits, truly art, also he was so responsive answering emails, in some situations in less than a minute, we answered all our questions, was so kind and flexible, he also help us seeing up the wedding timing, we were all set with him and his prices were so good, we had any doubt about his art.

I can't thank enough, going through those memories, flash me back to the day, I cried, laugh,smile... thank you LuckiePhotography and Ivan!!!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Minoo · Married on 05/07/2014

I hired Ivan for our wedding and OMG my pictures turned out amazing! Our wedding was in the Royal Playa del Carmen, I had some troubles during the day with the planning and Ivan was so helpful and offer to stay a bit more for the wedding delay, this was so great! He is a super nice guy!, he also capture all I wanted, the colors are brilliant and he uses light as anyone!

Now I can remember the day as If I were there again, thank you to Ivan!! I never hesitate and do not regret

Ivan was on time, was kind and profesional, he sent us a pictures for our thank you cards, and then before the delivery time our pictures ready for Facebook which work great becuase they look amazing in my timeline and other pictures for printing I ordered some canvas from him and they are awesome!

I love my pictures so much!! The experience was wonderful and I look forward to have Ivan taking pictures of our family again soon!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Jacqueline · Married on 05/02/2014

My husband & I knew from the minute we got engaged that we wanted to have a destination wedding. It wasn't until we started really looking into locations and vendors did the reality of leaving our wedding in the hands of strangers, thousands of miles away, hit us. With that looming over our heads, we dove into reviews and vendor websites head on and I literally made a spreadsheet of every photographer (and other vendor) we could find. I don't remember exactly how I came across Ivan Luckie and Luckie Photography, but it was an immediate response of "We must have him for our wedding!" When we look back at our pictures now, there is not a single doubt in my mind that we made the best decision.

We reached out to Ivan and booked him pretty quickly. He provided several other bride references, all state side, that shared their experiences and photos with me and we couldn't sign fast enough. We were living in the NY metro area at the time and were fortunate enough to have a chance to meet and work with Ivan before the wedding in Mexico for our engagement shoot: http://www.luckiephotography.com/new-york-botanical-garden-engagement-photography/

Fast forward to May 2014, and seeing Ivan again for our wedding was just like picking up where you left off with an old friend. We didn't have any real must have shots, just a big group one, and left the rest up to him. All our family and friends found him so nice and easy to work with that all the photos went so smoothly. He even got some really amazing moments at our reception that we are just blown away by!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Ginna · Married on 04/26/2014

Ivan has an excellent communication, he answers emails in less than a day, sometimes in less than a minute, for real! he answered me all my questions and I had no doubt he was the right one, his photos shows his passion as well as the information in his website, I loved the way he offers visual and text information about him, his amazing work and everything else I need!

On the wedding day he was great and easy to work with, he is s super nice guy as well as his assistant.

I got my pictures about a week, they are so beautiful! we also ordered an album, which we were not sure about to order because you get from Ivan the high resolutions photos, but Ivan insisted and I can not regret, the album is so beautiful! the quality is great, I just love it! and everyone has loved the photos and the album so far!

I recommend Ivan´s work, he is a truly artist, a truly person and the results are the best of all!

Love! Gin and Carl