Lo and Behold Photography Reviews

Lo and Behold Photography 1
Lo and Behold Photography 2
Lo and Behold Photography 3

L · Married on 12/31/2017

Working with Lo and Behold was an excellent experience! Deirdre captures moments perfectly. The company was creative, easy to work with, and an awesome time all around. I would work with them again anytime!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Lo and Behold Photography's reply:

J - I could easily say the same about both of you! Capturing your elopement during the last sunrise of 2017 was a real pleasure. Happy New Year(s)!

Rebecca · Married on 11/24/2017

Deirdre is a miracle. What we thought was going to be a small elopement in Big Bend spiraled into a micro wedding as soon as the word got out to a few people. We asked her to come take photos originally, but her prices so were great and she was so helpful that we went for the full, inclusive pop-up. The vintage trailer, cake, drinks, and everything else she provided gave it an edge that we hadn't anticipated and our friends and family loved. Plus, her photos, both candid and posed, caught our best moments. I wish I could fully express how much of a positive difference she made in our day. We feel really lucky we found her and eternally grateful.

Sent on 11/30/2017
    Lo and Behold Photography 4

Lo and Behold Photography's reply:

Rebecca - I loved your popup wedding!! I'll never forget the beautiful ceremony that incorporated American Indian traditions, so fitting for the Big Bend region of Texas. And the vows - wow!

Lauren · Married on 11/19/2017

Deirdre of Lo and Behold Photography is an absolute dream! She helped my fiancé and I plan the perfect "popup wedding" in Fort Davis, Texas. We knew that we wanted a short engagement and a small wedding in a naturally beautiful location. She enabled us to have all that we hoped for and more and produced absolutely stunning photographs that we will always treasure. Not only did she provide all that is included in her standard popup wedding package, she helped us source other vendors who also went above and beyond. The day of the wedding was so relaxed and flowed beautifully; I felt like I could truly be a "guest" at the celebration. If you're thinking about working with Deirdre and doing a West Texas popup wedding, stop thinking and just do it! You will be extremely happy with your choice.

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Lo and Behold Photography 5

Lo and Behold Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Lauren. Dave and I agree: your popup wedding was as good-as-it-gets!

Casey · Married on 11/05/2017

Deirdre was awesome! She was able to shoot our elopement in Marfa with short notice, and the pictures were beautiful! She captured our day with some lovely sunrise ceremony shots and creative portraits around town. She was so nice and communicative throughout the whole process, and we feel so lucky we found her to shoot our special day! Thanks Deirdre!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Lo and Behold Photography's reply:

Seriously Casey - you and Brian are a solid couple. I'm so happy for both of you! :)

jenni · Married on 10/21/2017

I don't have enough good things to say about Deirdre and Lo and Behold Photography. The quality of her images are better than some of her much-pricier competitors, her responsiveness and professionalism is top-notch, and she was incredibly easy to work with. She even gave us small tips day of to make our wedding photos even better. I'm so grateful and glad to have Lo and Behold as my wedding photographer and would happily recommend again and again.

Sent on 11/21/2017
    Lo and Behold Photography 6

Loren · Married on 10/14/2017

I simply cannot express how wonderful Deirdre is as a photographer and person! She is a true artist and professional. We were married in Marfa, but we live in Austin. We knew we wanted someone local to the area and I am so thrilled we found her. She was a joy to interact with while I was booking and coordinating the wedding and kept us on track to ensure she got every wonderful moment for us to remember. Then I got the sneak peek (before we even got home from the long weekend) and was blown away! Her work was so lively, intimate, and well thought out. I highly recommend Deirdre!

Sent on 12/12/2017

Elise · Married on 09/09/2017

Deirdre Hanlon-Jones is as much a professional as she is an artist. The Lo and Behold wedding website is user-friendly and allows you to describe the big day and add notes of special moments you want captured. It offers various wedding packages, each with an itemized list of services. Once a decision is made, Deidre is available for any follow-up requests or questions. She even accommodated a complete wedding venue change for the bride and groom. Deirdre met with the bride and groom a couple of days before the wedding to prepare a plan be in three places at once. She created a detailed list of all the photographs to be captured at the ceremony to streamline the process. On the day of the ceremony, she followed the wedding party all over West Texas. She captured the bride getting ready in Alpine, Texas, the groom getting ready in Terlingua, the ceremony at Santa Elena Canyon and the reception in Terlingua. She even squeezed in a photoshoot of the wedding party departing the ceremony on motorcycles. She stayed the duration of the reception (it was a long one with many speeches) until the bride and groom departed. All the guests commented on the great job she did. Out of all the weddings they have attended, they had never seen a photographer work so hard. Her husband, David, did a great job assisting Deirdre with the shots. Deirdre and David are a pleasure to work with. Deirdre's kind demeanor has a calming effect during stressful moments. Every picture she takes is a masterpiece. She captures everything from the water bottles for the guests to the big kiss. She makes sure you look your best on the best day of your life. When the bride looks at the wedding pictures, her smile is as big as the one from that day. The wedding was far from home so a lot of family and friends could not attend but thankfully they have such amazing pictures to share. A picture's worth a thousand words so go check out her work after you read this review!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Joyce · Married on 05/06/2017

We feel so lucky to have found Deirdre. She is simply the BEST! Our pop-up wedding/elopement came together beautifully and flawless with zero stress. We owe it all to her taking care of all the details. The photographs are stunning and I have been staring at them for days now. Deirdre showed so much care and thoughtfulness throughout the entire process to the time we had to say goodbye to her... she's that awesome, that we didn't want the party to end! Her work reflects how much she truly loves what she does. She even made a sweet playlist of songs that were special to me and my husband. Plus, she magically made us feel at ease in front of the camera!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Tammy · Married on 02/14/2017

Just let Deidra know what you want and she will work with you. Our Wedding was far from traditional and she worked with us to make it the most amazing day. Love, love our photos and they will keep this memory alive in our hearts and minds forever. We owe the all to a great photographer. Thank you Deidra for everything.

Sent on 04/08/2017

Miranda · Married on 12/18/2016

Deirdre was amazing to work with. She's professional, personable, and very responsive. But most importantly she's a great photographer! My husband and I were impressed by how calm and collected she was on our wedding day. Our photos were beautiful. Highly recommeded!

Sent on 01/27/2017

Katie · Married on 11/20/2016

Lo and Behold did an AMAZING job not only capturing the day through the beautiful portraits, but also planning and coordinating my ceremony! I was completely blown away by every detail and have nothing but wonderful things to say about Deirdre. If wanting someone who listens to your wants, captivates your vision, and is cool as a cucumber in the process... hire Lo and Behold!!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Julie · Married on 09/24/2016

Deirdre and her family were so incredible! Deirdre was incredibly easy to work with, responded to emails promptly, and always offered solutions, even outside of the box ones! We even got to use the photo booth trailer, and our guests had a blast! I would get married all over again just to use her as our photographer! Hands down, one of the easiest decisions we made! Oh, and the pictures are AWESOME. ??

Sent on 11/25/2016

Julie · Married on 07/09/2016

Deirdre is an amazing person AND an amazing photographer. She has an eye for people, and then uses that to capture the most heartfelt photos.

She will go out of her way to make your photos what you envision, to accommodate your ideas.... And then she comes up with fantastic suggestions to make them even better than you thought! She has amazing talent at capturing real emotion in photos. And she is fair and honest to work with.

And, oh my gosh, I don’t think you’ll find anyone who will work as hard as she does! She set our expectations for everything, the time to final photos, the quality, the number of photos, and then she exceeded on every mark.

You won’t ever regret having her involved in this sacred time in your life. In fact, she’ll give you unforgettable memories to cherish, and she instantly became my friend, along for the journey through this time in my life.

Sent on 08/16/2016

Malissa · Married on 06/25/2016

It's been a couple of months since my wedding, and I can honestly say that when I look at the photos of my wedding I'm pulled right back into the emotions of those moments. She captured them honestly, and was a joy to work with - she took the time to record so many moments that I wasn't even aware of, but which all came together to make up a great day. She even provided a great contact for a videographer, and was the picture of professionalism, courtesy, and mindful of our wishes and time. Deirdre is the best, and we've worked with many photographers over the years in the nature of what we do professionally.

Sent on 09/05/2016
  • I

isabel · Married on 06/04/2016

Our ceremony was intimate, well thought out, and better than we could've imagined. The final result came out beautifully. Deirdre did a great job, helped us through every step of the way, with the utmost professionalism! Thanks for a lovely experience! Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/20/2016

Lo and Behold Photography's reply:

Our first review of our first POP-UP Wedding in Fort Davis, TX. Thank you!

Lara · Married on 04/09/2016

Working with Deirdre and her team was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Her professionalism, patience and kindness were only matched by her talent. Her ability to catch candid moments of our family and friends has allowed us to see parts of our wedding we missed. Also, we thoroughly researched photography in the Marfa area, and the idea of bringing in a photographer. Lo and Behold was hands down the best deal, with great reviews and experience.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Deirdre was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was so accommodating to our needs and patient. She was professional and timely. Our sneak peaks were sent quickly and our photos were amazing!

Sent on 04/09/2016

Gaye · Married on 04/02/2016

Deirde is amazing. We contacted her less than 10 days before our ceremony (we eloped) and she managed to rearrange her schedule to accommodate our timing. She is so creative and had lots of ideas for unique photos around Marfa. We absolutely love our photos and would not hesitate in recommending her services. She is wonderful to work with and a great photographer.

Sent on 07/10/2016

Heather · Married on 10/31/2015

We were really impressed with the photos that were taken during our wedding. There were so many good pictures we want to print them all! The photographer captured some really neat moments like the couple standing towards the sun and the sun looks like a star burst in the picture. She also captured some really beautiful pics of the children in the wedding.

Sent on 12/07/2015

Amy · Married on 07/18/2015

Love Deidra she is sweet professional and very dependable!

Sent on 09/25/2015
  • O

Ofelia · Married on 06/06/2015

Lo and Behold Photography did an amazing job for our wedding ! Deidre worked amazing with us and helped capture and personalize all of our wedding photos ... She made everyone very comfortable from our wedding party to our guest. She also worked great with all the staff at The Gage Hotel. We will absolutely be using Lo and Behold for anymore of our families special occasions.

Sent on 09/22/2015
  • I

Inga · Married on 04/25/2015

Deirde was absolutely amazing! I hardly knew she was there for most of the wedding. Our pictures turned out beautifully and I could not have asked for better shots! 5 stars all the way!!!

Sent on 05/15/2015
  • User5081210 · event on 04/18/2015

Deirdre did a wonderful job with our engagement photos in the Fort Davis area. Amazing value and she did it all on such short notice.

Sent on 05/16/2015

Amy · Married on 06/21/2014

Deirdre Hanlon-Jones is a truly remarkable photographer. During the entire process, Deirdre made herself both available and invisible...a pretty difficult task! Her photography didn't interfere at all with the goings-on of the various events of the wedding weekend, but somehow she was immediately there when I needed her like a fairy godphotographer! Months before the wedding she spoke with me about a list of photos we would like, the feel and style of what we wanted in documenting our wedding, who would be attending, the lighting of the venue (outdoors in my parents' backyard in our case), etc. All the family shots well prepared before the day so that no stress was added rounding people up.
    On the day of the wedding she was at my parents' home all day unobtrusively documenting the preparation. One of my favorite photos from the album is a shot of my father sweeping the floor. It's just so precious to me...a symbol of the dedication and love my parents showed me the entire day.
    The posed shots she took were super fast and prepared and exactly what we wanted. During the ceremony she took beautiful, emotion-filled photos but somehow managed NOT to be in any snapshots my friends took. See what I mean about the fairy godphotographer?
    Her reception photos were EXACTLY what I asked for: images of my guests having a wonderful time. To me a beautiful photograph is an image of a friend in laughter. She gave me that and some much more! Examples of the shots we received: an amazing action shot of my sister-in-law dancing with her dress twirling and necklace raised off her neck; my friends Kris and Kate doubled over in laughter with their arms around each others' waists; my friend Jenny sitting at a table, chin in hand, deeply listening to her tablemate; my mom listening with tears in her eyes to the speeches during dinner.
    Deirdre is truly beyond comparison. I could not have dreamed of more from our photographs than she provided. Thank you!

Sent on 02/10/2016

Megan · Married on 08/18/2012

Long story short- I was a budget bride and I wanted to have a small but lively family affair, but I kept wanting to trim the details that seemed to make weddings such an expense. I didn't do bouquets, just stemmed flowers in mason jars as our centerpieces. I didn't have a traditional cake or venue. I had a friend to cater and that's how I met Deirdre. One phone conversation later, I was convinced: She was the perfect person to photograph our perfect day. Not only were her packages flexible, but she saw my vision and embraced it. I browsed her website and was floored. The moments she captured- those sweet and simple moments that are in-between the big ones- those were the moments I longed to have documented on my wedding day. While every other photographer seemed to tell the same story with every bride, Deirdre seemed to discover the story to tell making each portrait an experience. Every bride deserves to have someone this special, with this much talent to be with them on their wedding day. I didn't think the same of myself at first, but now that I have had the experience I have had with Lo and Behold Photography, I believe it with all of my heart. Not only did Deirdre stun me into speechlessness two very short weeks after our wedding with our photographs, but I was so surprised at what she saw that I missed. My sister's face through a window as I was getting ready, my best friend (and caterer) between the curtains of vintage hankies that I inherited and collected through my life, the temperature gauge set to 80 in August, all these small moments that meant so much to me as a bride and as a woman. Deirdre is a bride's dream. She was there, observing and interacting with my friends and family as if they were her own. She absorbed herself into the scenery and made it seem effortless. As a bride to it was a joy to feel just so comforted by her presence, the presence of an old but new friend.

Sent on 09/29/2015