Liz Warnek Photography Reviews

31 | Phoenixville, PA

31 Reviews for Liz Warnek Photography

Kirsten · Married on 05/16/2008

Liz & her assistant, Isabelle, were amazing. Liz did exactly as I suggested I wanted with a mix of different styles of photography. I feel that we got a very good deal for paying a fair amount of money. Liz & Isabelle were not even noticeable during the whole day, except for when we were getting portraits done. It was a great experience!

Sent on 09/21/2008

Katrina · Married on 11/26/2006

Great photographer! Incredible value compared to other regional photographers (although, it looks like Liz is charging more these days, which is well-deserved for her). She really caters to your needs, is great to get along with, and her pictures turn out gorgeous.

Sent on 11/08/2008

Lauren · Married on 10/05/2013

Liz (and Jay) were fantastic to work with and my husband and I are so glad we hired her. We spoke with quite a few photographers but Liz's demeanor, work and value all stood out. Liz is super friendly and easy to get along with. Her photography is beautiful and she made everything very easy. She puts together a full wedding day itinerary to make sure everything is perfect. We were concerned about lighting at our wedding due to the 6pm timeframe but that wasn't a problem. All the shots are stunning. I feel that we got quite a bit for what other photographers would charge thousands more. We would highly recommend Liz Warnek photography!!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Alana · Married on 06/11/2016

My husband and I had our engagement photos taken by Liz and our wedding photos taken by her associate, Jeff. We were blown away by both of them - they made us both feel comfortable in front of the camera (which is not an easy task) and took every picture we wanted! The best part of working with them is, after they post sneak peeks, you get a CD or thumb drive of all of the photos; we had over 200 from our engagement and 600 from our wedding! We know many couples who have chosen Liz to be their wedding photographer and none have been disappointed, us included. My husband and I will definitely be recommending Liz Warnek and Jeff in the future to anyone who asks us!

Sent on 09/11/2016
  • WeddingChick

Angela · Married on 10/31/2009

When I first met Liz we met at a coffee shop to look over some of her work. I really liked her work, and her personality, but what sold me were her excellent prices. She had the best prices out of all the photographers I had been looking at, for what I wanted: all day coverage (12 hours), and a photo CD with all my images from the day, leaving me free to do what I want to the pictures and order my own prints.
    The day of my wedding Liz and her assistant were great. Liz was great with giving direction and very friendly. I found her very easy to talk to and felt comfortable around her. I�ve been in some weddings before where the photographers are kind of annoying, and Liz wasn�t like that at all. I had given her a list ahead of time of photos I wanted to get, and she was great at following the list. My only concern was that it poured rain that day and we were very limited to how many outside pictures we could get (not Liz�s fault of course). We actually had to cancel an entire picture location (a park) because the ground would have been too wet and muddy. I was afraid that after the day was over that maybe we didn�t get enough pictures or enough group shots.
    My photo CD and picture were ready about a month after the wedding and WOW! There are sooo many great pictures. I have over a thousand photos and they are amazing. Any concerns I had about not having enough photos were silly. Everyone who has seen them so far has been telling me how great they are. And the candids of the dancing at the reception are AWESOME! It�s funny because I didn�t even notice Liz or her assistant taking photos at the reception, but they got sooo many.
    Overall I am very very happy that I hired Liz and I LOVE my photos. There are so many excellent pictures that I am going to have trouble deciding what ones to use for an album, whenever I get around to making one. It�s awesome that Liz was able to work around the rain and the change in shooting locations and still give me so many excellent photos.
    Her pricing, payment schedule, etc. are all great and she is very easy and friendly to work with. I highly recommend.

Sent on 12/17/2009

3.5
      3.0
      2.0
      2.0

Liz and Ray are very nice people, but I think maybe too nice for wedding photography. The shots that were just the two of us or shots of inanimate objects came out great.

Unfortunately when it came to directing large groups of people the confidence was lacking. Guests (and ourselves) were getting annoyed at the lack of direction. We've all been in / to many wedding before so we are familiar with a photographer taking charge. Unfortunately that did not happen so I had to start directing people.

I think with the lack of confidence and maybe being overwhelmed by many people the photos came out very posed. I really wanted the creativity you would expect from a wedding photographer. We didn't get any of those creative type shots even though the week before I probed Liz on what creative shots she was considering but she told me she does it in the moment. We didn't have any dramatic photos or cool reflections or angles or whatever they do to make wedding photos look fancy.

My other gripe was on my top 3 shots Liz asked for I put candids. I have seen tons of candids from my friends weddings that are so beautiful and fun. Unfortunately besides all the posed photos I directed we didn't really get any great shots inside interacting with our guests. We had a very small wedding and I made it clear that although not everyone was in the bridal party, everyone was very close to us and I wanted pictures of everyone interacting. Also the lighting of the indoor photos looks pretty bad.

I followed up in a kind manner asking for the raw photos so maybe I could get some fun candids myself but Liz said there were no more photos. Bummer.

If you are looking for capturing some family and wedding party photos for the day, plus some detail photos of jewelry etc, this would be great for you. They have a great price and will definitely send you those photos.

If you're looking for something more creative just remember you get what you pay for.

Sent on 09/07/2016

Liz Warnek Photography's reply:

We really enjoyed working with Samantha and Jose and we are very proud of the work we did for their wedding. Reading this leaves us feeling a bit shocked and disappointed. Something does not seem right here. Would anyone prefer wedding photographers who are not nice? This simply does not make much sense to us. While Liz Warnek Photography values our clients opinions in the highest regard we encourage you to please visit our website and blog and let out work speak for itself. We are 110% sure you will be very impressed with our vast portfolio of cutting edge and beautiful wedding photography. Thank you in advance for the consideration.