JCastro Film Reviews

36 | New York, NY

36 Reviews for JCastro Film

Jennifer · Married on 10/19/2013

For the moment we met Jonathan, level of professionalism was top noch service. We can't begin to thank him for the irreplaceable memory he has given us. His level of service and generous assistance in making our night so incredible was beyond what we expected. Our family and friends, including ourselves, can not stop talking about how he was everywhere got everyone, every shot and every wedding event from our bridal shower, engagement shoot, wedding rehearsal, and our wedding day was spectacular because let's face it the day of our wedding we were all over the place and just knowing we had hired the perfect video photographer made us comfortable because we trusted him to capture every special moment and expression of our special day. Sowe thank you, Jonathan, and We will be making sure you get all the recognition and referrals you deserve! We consider you part of the family.

Sent on 10/31/2013
  • Deborah Johnson

Deborah Johnson · Married on 06/13/2013

Our wedding was everything we had hoped for & more... (truly a magical event). This was possible due to good planning, a little luck, and people such as J Castro Film from the very beginning they were friendly, proffesional, and hardworking. It just felt like they genuinely cared about our big day & just when we thought they were done, they submitted to us an amazing movie style video of our wedding. The truth is I don't see how anyone could have done better. So in case you're wondering if we would recommend them... lol. Absolutely!!! May God bless them, as well as you & yours, & good luck on your BIG DAY...

Sent on 06/14/2013

Calvin and Angelique · Married on 05/29/2013

Jonathan was amazing from beginning to end. I changed the location the day before the wedding (it was a destination wedding and rain was predicted so I changed the location to a larger gazebo in the park to accommodate everyone) and he received the message and was there on time. I know we went over on our time and he was patient with us. He even assisted my friend that was serving as our photographer with the shot set ups. He was so helpful throughout the process. He was a true professional and just a really nice guy. The service was fantastic and the product was amazing. Our video was so beautiful. He caught every little moment beautifully. I was so impressed with the way he edited the video. It was perfect.

Sent on 06/01/2013

Lucy & Hans · Married on 05/10/2013

J Castro Film did a great job creating our wedding video. Everyone who saw the video was quite impressed with the professional caliber of their work. Highly recommended.

Sent on 06/15/2013

Dawn · Married on 05/08/2013

Jonathan and his team are so professional. I decided to look for a cinematographer last minute and I was completely amazed by the professional service Jcastrofilmhas ! His team was punctual, respectful, professional, fun and very creative. I can honestly say I had a blast with Jcastrofilm. They really express themselves on having fun in trying to create a mini movie about your wedding, love story and engagement shoot. I was able to really connect with Jonathan and his team. They were great !

Sent on 05/15/2013
  • Freida

Freida · Married on 04/10/2013

Words can't describe the feeling we have for the team at J Castro Film they are cool to work with and really are on top of their game.

Sent on 05/24/2013

Jose Greenwood · Married on 04/05/2013

I'am happy that I hired J Castro Film. He was very attentive and followed up with me. It was such a fresh breath of air to work with him because I knew I was in good hands from our initial interaction and I did not have to worry about the videographer services and therefore was able to focus on the rest of my event. Very professional and flexible and attentive.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Daniel · Married on 02/14/2013

J Castrofilm was amazing! Our wedding video was exceptional! We were so lucky to find a videographer like him. It was such a pleasure and honor to have him as a part of our wedding day. Because of J Castro Film, we will have great memories of our new life beginning. Don't get married without J Castro Film !!!!

Sent on 05/23/2013

David & Lea · Married on 01/23/2013

Jonathan Castro was "supposed" to be the underdog amongst the videographers I was looking to work with for my wedding video. HOWEVER, to my VERY pleasant surprise, in our first meeting Jonathan was prepared, professional and very passionate about working WITH me on MY specific vision for my wedding day (which was not a common vision by the way--Bollywood themed wedding). I was sold right there! He was attentive to my every video-related need as a bride-to-be (engagement video+wedding video), worked as much as possible within my budget, and delivered results on a timely manner. Don't let his youth fool you, I see a great future and potential for Jonathan in this business and anything that he sets his mind to. It's hard to find professionals as serious, kind, reliable, committed, and passionate as him. Highly recommended!

Sent on 05/17/2013
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 01/20/2013

My husband and I decided to do "rock the dress" pictures because we weren't too pleased without original wedding photos. Our photographer told us about a "surprise" the day of our shoot and lo and behold...we met Jonathan of JCastro Films! We were enthralled by his attention to detail and charismatic ways. He is extremely professional and we received our video within a couple weeks. He is very creative and has an eye for amazing shots. I recommend this company for any video/photos you may need! I wish we had known him two years ago when we got married!

Sent on 05/20/2013
  • Daniel Anderson

Daniel Anderson · Married on 01/03/2013

Our Video Edit Rocked! Jonathan and the team, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 05/27/2013
  • Kelly Stanley

Kelly Stanley · Married on 12/20/2012

I literally watched our wedding video 100 times, no joke. It's the best investment we made and they captured everything even things we were not aware of. They are the BEST

Sent on 05/25/2013
  • Celine

Celine · Married on 12/07/2012

J Castro Film was really easy to work with and my husband and I were really happy that we got video and used J Castro Film I love how the video came out and definitely recommend J Castro Film.

Sent on 06/07/2013
  • Adele

Adele · Married on 12/03/2012

Jonathan was wonderful to work with for our wedding. He was extremely professional throughout the entire planning process. On the day of, Jonathan continued his professionalism. He captured every single important moment of our special day, but did so in a very unobtrusive way. He was never pushy or demanding. His turn around was quick. We received our video about 4 months after our event and we were able to enjoy our memories in time for the holidays. Thanks for everything Jonathan!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Emmanuel · Married on 11/10/2012

My experience with Mr. Castro has been amazing. My wedding is on November 10 at the Westin Colinnades. My fiancee is a bit demanding and a perfectionist when it comes to her wedding and Castro has exceeded her expectations. He has gone above and beyond to make sure the media part of my wedding is to a perfection. His professionalism, and the will to help and understand the importance of a Wedding day is amazing. Not many vendors go out of their way to make sure that things are done exactly to how the customer wants it. I recommend J Castro Film to any couple that are having a wedding or an event. The experience has been great and we can truly say that we are extremely happy with the service.

Sent on 05/17/2013
  • Robin & Rafaella

Robin & Rafaella · Married on 10/24/2012

Hiring the team J Castrofilm to capture our wedding was one of the best decisions that we made during our wedding process. Jonathan(the owner) is very quick and efficient with responding to email or phone calls and is also very honest which is refreshing. We got married in October and received our three copies of the edited wedding this past week. (three months, exactly when they said it would be ready) I couldn't have been more pleased with the outcome. Originally we weren't going to have a videographer and photographer due to cost but about six weeks out I realized that it would be nice to document such an important and expensive day. I scoured the internet looking for potential companies and came across J Castro Film's website. Their site is very informative and has lots of examples of their work. I've seen some fairly over the top or abstract videos which wasn't really what we were going for. The video that we received feels like professional home movies, there's some very nice camera work and editing but it still feels very honest and truly captures the genuine feeling of the day. I wasn't quite sure what to expect but I was incredibly happy when we received the final edit and I really believe that Jonathan and his team are an incredible value for the product that they provide.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Viona · Married on 10/05/2012

I have seen a ton of wedding videos, but I haven't seen any that have the kind of storytelling that J Castro Film brings to the equation. They are skilled filmmakers, incredibly creative, and approach each job with a fresh approach so you won't end up with a "cookie cutter" video.

They're fun to work with and always go the extra step, because they really understand how important the day is for you.

Sent on 06/12/2013
  • Joe and Debbie

Joe and Debbie · Married on 08/15/2012

I would recommend them to anyone! My sister in law and I both used their service and they are very professional and do great work. They also respond to phone calls and emails promptly.

Sent on 05/22/2013

Matt and Vera · Married on 08/09/2012

J Castro Film were fantastic from the start. We decided that we wanted a videographer 3 weeks before our wedding. They immediately jumped on board. We didn't want the usual, boring, drawn-out wedding video. We wanted great shots, good editing and something fun to watch. Exactly what they delivered!!
    Responsiveness, creativity, listening to our requests and all aspects of dealing with a vendor were top notch!
    Highly recommended!!!!

Sent on 06/11/2013
  • Barbara

Barbara · Married on 06/07/2012

J Castro Film was very professional and showed up on time the day of our wedding. He was always helpful and answered our questions quickly via email or phone. We would definitely use J Castro Film again for our next special occasion :)

Sent on 06/05/2013

Jack & Antoinette · Married on 05/17/2012

J Castro Film is the consummate professional. He was courteous, prompt, and unobtrusive. Several guests mentioned that they didn't even know he was there, because he managed to not be in the way. He definitely gets an A!!!

Sent on 06/09/2013

Christine Dixon · Married on 05/15/2012

Jcastro film is a wonderful company. They did our video for our wedding. Jonathan is amazing and very professional like all of his staff. They are so much fun to work with and they have such great talent for film. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/21/2013
  • Judy

Judy · Married on 04/21/2012

J Castrofilm was simply amazing from beginning to end! Jonthan handled all communications, meetings and arrangements leading up to the wedding day seamlessly. He was a very good listener when it was time to advise him of specifics we wanted to film on our day. Both videographers were prompt and discrete throughout our entire wedding. The end result was a beautiful video filled with the highlights of our day.We can't thank enough J Castro Film.

Sent on 06/07/2013

Jill & Miley · Married on 03/20/2012

Jonathan did an amazing job capturing the events of our day... making for a wonderful movie to enjoy forever! He was very easy to work with and worked well with our photographers. We knew he was there because he made sure he got all the best footage however; he did so in such an unobtrusive way. We absolutely love our wedding video and really appreciated how Jonathan went above and beyond to get it to us before we left for our Italy honeymoon in order to share with relatives.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Michelle · Married on 03/08/2012

Wonderful! Jonathan was lovely and friendly in his manner and the video he produced was better than we could have hoped! :)

Sent on 05/31/2013