41 Reviews for HVE Associates

Sound/PA System (2)
Uplighting (2)
Flat Screen (1)
41 HVE Associates Reviews

Mike and HVE were everything we were hoping for on our wedding day. Mike is a fantastic MC! He was supportive of our ideas and helped with planning. Very thankful he took charge and led us seamlessly through set-up, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He played a key part in making our day absolutely wonderful! Would definitely hire them again.

Profile Picture Brigit, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Excellent DJ! Everyone loved the music, and we really appreciated his professional, yet personable presence at the wedding. Mike was great to work with and really listened to and understood all of our requests. He went above and beyond in personalizing everything and definitely helped us to have a fun and joyous wedding day!

Profile Picture JD, 9/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

An amazing experience with Mike from HVE Associates across the board. He was very accommodating to all our needs and met with us on our schedule in the comfort of our own home. We went over every little detail and he set the mood and excitement for the whole night. So far all of our greatest compliments for the wedding were things that Mike himself came up with and added into the night that we would have never thought of. His involvement in the night was the perfect amount. Not too much to keep the focus on us and family, yet just enough to keep the party rolling. His timing on everything was perfect as well. Slow with fun stuff trickled toward the start and then a night of fast paced dancing for the entire second half. The dance floor was filled from start to finish as long as our guests weren't eating and I attribute that completely to HVE. I can't say enough how Mike and his staff improved the quality of our wedding and gave us memories that will truly last a lifetime.

Profile Picture Ryan, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was privileged enough to know Mike from HVE Associates before even hiring him to DJ our wedding. We had worked together previously and I remembered him as being a truly awesome, kind-hearted person. My husband and I met up with him about 6 months prior to our wedding and he went above and beyond to be sure all of our requests were met. I explained each song we wanted played for individual moments throughout the reception (our first dance, cake cutting, etc). When the day of our wedding arrived, the beauty and timing of everything was just perfect. Music is very important to us and is actually what brought my husband and I together in the first place, so the music was basically our #1 priority. We made one of the best decisions of our lives by choosing HVE Associates. Mike is phenomenal. We had multiple guests come up to us afterward to comment on how great he was and how much fun they had dancing. We would absolutely recommend them to family and friends!

Profile Picture Briana, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

These guys were wonderful at our wedding! We had actually booked a different DJ who ended up having to back out at the last minute. He lined up HVE as a replacement and we are so happy that he did. Mike & Mike were professional and helpful from the beginning. They are thorough and accommodating. They even honored the original discounted price that our first DJ had arranged with us. We only had about 4 weeks to plan and they were on top of everything. DJ Mike was on point the day of. Everything went wonderfully. Highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Lyn, 10/15/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used HVE for the bistro lighting over our dancefloor and they were AWESOME. Not only was their quote the BEST one we came across for the service, but the finished product looked perfect. Guests were raving about the look, and we were so happy with the finished product.

Easy to work with, responsive and professional.

Profile Picture Angela, 8/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Mike was absolutely fantastic!!! He worked with us to make sure we had the music we wanted! My husband and I had a unique entrance into the reception, and he worked to make sure the music started and ended exactly where it needed to without a practice session. Guests are still amazed at how our entrance went down. Mike kept the party going and realized when the Spanish music needed to come out to get everyone on the dance floor. I would highly recommend Mike for all of your DJing needs!

Profile Picture Breanna, 8/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Everyone at our wedding had the most amazing time and it was due to the great efforts by Mike and his team. We got married at Mohonk Mountain House and he got the party started right from the jump. I have never seen a wedding with so many people dancing. He instructed us on the steps to different dances which was great for me as the Groom because I normally don't do much dancing. It was extremely fun and he was very professional and listened to our ideas and also had a couple of his own we used, after all we only had one wedding and he has done hundreds!! The Wedding was in the afternoon and we wanted people to stick around for an after party. Once we told Mike the theme of 90's hip hop and R&B he actually switched out the assistant he was planning on using for someone who would really bring down the house. Which he did!! It was such a great time and everyone couldn't stop talking about how much fun they had. I wish he would DJ every party I went to from here on out. An amazing job!! 5 stars is just not enough!

Profile Picture Ryan, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Wow! You put so much planning into your wedding day but it's really your DJ that makes it all come together into perfection and that is exactly what Mike and his team did. Our wedding was amazing!!!!! The music was perfect, he really took the time to get to know exactly what we were looking for and the day could not have gone better. We are still receiving compliments on how perfect it was! Thanks HVE Associates!

Profile Picture Jill, 6/12/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Flat Screen, Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Michael Alevres and his DJ for the evening, Mike, absolutely rocked my wedding. They covered ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception. This company is extremely professional and thorough. Michael helped ease all stress along the way. I had attended two weddings that Michael DJ'd before booking him for mine and they were each the most fun weddings I've ever attended. I couldn't recommend this company enough! Thanks for helping with ensuring our big day was a success!!

Profile Picture Richard, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Mike was awesome. Everyone at my wedding had a total blast, he kept people dancing up until he left. Mike is very easy to setup meetings with, if you don't know what song you want for a particular part of your wedding, or I am sure any event, he has a list of ideas and will play them for you. He definitely knows what he is doing and it seems like he really enjoys what he does, which means a lot to me. I would 100% use him again if I ever need a DJ or HIGHLY recommend him for anyone who does.

Profile Picture User5488006, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael was the DJ for our daughter's wedding. We planned to interview several DJs prior to selecting one, but after meeting with just Michael we all agreed he was the one for us. He spent considerable time at that first meeting getting to know our daughter and future husband. He had numerous suggestions for them, without pushing any particular one. Throughout the planning process my daughter and her future husband were able to communicate with Michael, and he helped them clarify what they wanted. At the event, he was an excellent DJ. He played all the music they had requested. He included line dancing, which the guests loved, instructing guests with steps in such a way that even non dancers were able to participate. He made the reception lots of fun, without blaring music at a volume which prevented conversations. Our guests spoke very highly of him. We recommend him highly.

Profile Picture User5489048, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews

Michael,

Thank you so very, very much for all your hard work, professionalism, and attention to detail! We knew we picked the right man for the job from the start and you certainly went above and beyond during our ceremony and reception. Our guests had many wonderful things to say about you and your DJ and one of them was: "This dude knows what's up with music!!" I obviously had an excellent time and did not leave the dance floor all night.

Also, my dance with my father was so incredibly special and something that I will never ever forget. Thank you for your willingness to mix music, go with the flow when it came to song changes, and for accommodating my request to pay by cc at the end of the night.

I hope you enjoyed dj'ing the evening as much as we enjoyed having you.

Best Wishes,
Lindsey & Joseph (The Happy Bride and Groom!)

Profile Picture Lindsey, 9/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael did an amazing job at our wedding! He read the crowd really well and people were dancing all night! He made us feel comfortable from the very beginning and he was able to understand and take the role we wanted him to take at our wedding. We communicated well, and he was able to adjust based on events during the evening.

Profile Picture Ingrid Elise, 7/11/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was an absolute pleasure to work with, from day one of our discussions through the end of my wedding night. He offered up so many helpful suggestions, and removed the stress from planning the entertainment. As the wedding date drew nearer, Michael remained super-responsive and very patient with my very exacting music and timing requirements. One of the things I appreciated most about Michael on the night of my wedding is that he achieved the perfect balance -- he interacted with the crowd to just the right degree, and there was no cheesiness whatsoever. In addition, we got great feedback from our guests about Michael and the job he did. To sum it up: I can't recommend Michael more highly. A++!

Profile Picture Steven, 5/24/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael was amazing to work with for our wedding day. He was very available for planning and provided excellent service the day of. He listened to exactly what my husband and I asked for and completely delivered. He kept the reception running smoothly and our guests dancing all night. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Cecelia, 5/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I couldn't have asked for a better dj. He made the process so stress free and fun, I will remember my wedding for a long time as well as my guests. Mike clearly loves his job and does it so fabulously. I didn't have one doubt in my mind about using his company. I would use him again if need be in the future. Thank you for all you did for us. I found you for a reason :)

Profile Picture Theresa, 5/15/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael is the best, literally... the best!!! Super professional, experienced and detail oriented. All of my guests were raving about the party he delivered (from my older relatives to my friends and cousins). Perfect night!!

Profile Picture Kailey, 4/26/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. From the planning to our actual wedding, Mike made it easy and FUN! He made our wedding day the best day of our lives (and I never wanted to leave the dance floor!) So many of our guests commented afterwards that they have never had so much fun at wedding, ours was the perfect day. From the bride's perspective, Mike was helpful and supportive and made me feel like I had nothing to worry about once the day finally came (and THAT feeling is priceless). Mike went above and beyond our expectations. Thank you Mike, we are very anxious to have another event to hire you again! Choose HVE Associate and you will not be disappointed. Best DJ service ever.

Profile Picture Briana, 3/21/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael's level of professionalism was amazing from the first day we met until the last song was played. He gave us the highest level of attention and made sure we were having the time we deserved and really created some lasting memorable moments for us. We would reccomend him to anyone, hands down.

Profile Picture User4655096, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Wow! We cannot thank you HVE Associates enough for the incredible job that you and your staff did in making our wedding incredible! Mike and Scott did a superb job with every detail of entertaining, and people keep calling and texting us to say how much fun they had dancing the entire night! People loved the songs, the "Dinner with Billy," and every detail down to how the music was "just the perfect volume." The energy was great, our personalities were represented through the music, and our guests didn't want the party to end. Mike and his whole staff made our wedding experience so much fun by their professionalism, enthusiasm, and desire to make our wedding day something we will never forget. We highly recommend HVE Associates to anyone looking to have a fun, personalized and stress-free experience working with amazing DJs.

Profile Picture Scott, 10/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was a joy to work with! He was great with planning and offered terrific suggestions about the overall event. He asked for all of our preferences and non preferences to help make our wedding more enjoyable for us. From the ceremony to the receptions, the music was fantastic! We strongly recommend HVE and Michael to DJ your special occasion.

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/4/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael and his partner just DJ'ed at our wedding and did an amazing job from the moment we first connected until the last song he played for us and our guests. He was flexible, accommodating, entertaining, easy to talk to and great overall. We really appreciated the way he MC'ed the event without taking over the microphone and only intervening to announce key points on our schedule. Speaking of schedule, he did a great job at keeping the event on track. Very importantly, our guests expressed their appreciation of the entertainment aspect, as well and had a fun time. We cannot say enough about HVE Associates. Do yourselves a favor and connect with Michael for your next event.

Profile Picture Andreea, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

As soon we spoke with Michael, almost a year before our wedding, we knew he was the DJ for us! He was so responsive, professional, and personable right from the start. When we met with him a few months later for our first meeting, we were immediately put at ease. He traveled all the way down to Brooklyn to meet with us, and sat in hours of traffic without complaint. We sat at a local bar, and shared a beer while we went through our music selections.

He immediately "got us" in terms of our musical tastes. Neither my husband nor I are huge popular music fans. Michael loved our old school blues, R&B and funk choices. He then suggested some popular music that went with our style, and we loved everything he suggested. He was a big help and very accommodating when it came to our indecisiveness about our ceremony music. We sent him our choices at the last minute, and he pulled everything off perfectly.

His emceeing style was exactly what we wanted, laid-back and understated, but still got everyone partying and dancing. He met each one of our requests (no cheesy stuff like the macarena, no handing out stuff like blow-up microphones, and no last minute family requests) When family members went up to the DJ station to request stuff, he checked with us first to make sure it was ok (it was!). He guided us through the necessary dances and toasts and got all of our guests up out of their seats all night long.

We loved every minute of our wedding, and Michael and his assistant were a huge part of that. He even came up to us at the end of the night to compliment our first dance choice, and tell us what fun they had DJing our wedding. I would recommend Michael and HVE Associates to any bride and groom to be. He is not only an excellent DJ and emcee, but an awesome person as well!

Profile Picture User4248305, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael was such a pleasure to work with! He was so helpful and so readily able to provide suggestions and advice along the way. He knows how to take your vision for your wedding and make it a reality. HVE associates exceeded my expectations!!! I will refer over and over again!

Profile Picture Adrianna, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews