Heron Hill Winery Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Colby Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful and Impressive

Everything about Heron Hill has been a great experience. The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming when we first arrived for a tour and tasting. It was easy envisioning our wedding here and we both looked at each other at the end of our tour and knew this was going to be the place. The views and scenery are unlike anything else we had seen. Jessie and her staff were exceptional. Everyone did an outstanding job putting everything together. Everything was extremely organized and planned perfectly. It could not have been better. They truly exceeded our expectations and would recommend Heron Hill to anyone.

Heron Hill Winery's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Colby! We wish you and Lindsay the best on this wonderful journey as you build your lives together :)
  • Patrick
    Patrick Married on 08/31/2019

Look no further, you've found your venue

If you’ve come across Heron Hill, your wedding venue search should be over. This place is amazing in every way. From the perfectly manicured grounds to the numerous amazing places to takes photos (first look tower, wine barrel cellar, overlooking the lake, a few arbors around the property, and the vineyard itself), you’re sure to have more gorgeous pictures than you ever imagined. The welcome wine tasting, specialty cocktail and everything else the bar staff served was phenomenal. Jessie, the wedding coordinator, was on top of everything and executed flawlessly. During our décor appointment the day prior, I don’t think she stopped writing notes for 45 minutes as we described our vision for everything. The acoustics in the tent were great for a live band as well. We heard from numerous attendees that it was hands down the best wedding they had ever been to. Visit Heron Hill and you will fall in love.
    Dara Married on 07/22/2018
    I absolutely love Heron Hill Winery. I got married there a couple weekends ago and everything was perfect. The staff was amazing. Megan and Jessie were incredible! They made sure everything was perfect and I had everything I needed. I had ordered flowers online for decorations and they were never delivered so on the morning of my wedding I thought I would be shopping for flowers but I texted Megan and her and Jessie went to two different stores to make sure I had the type of flowers I wanted and that everything was perfect! I highly recommend Heron Hill Winery! They are the best and by far my favorite winery. Can’t wait to go back to visit :)
    Kacie Married on 07/22/2017
    They truly were the complete package. The second that we stepped foot onto at the venue when we were searching for places for our wedding we knew that Heron Hill was the PERFECT place for us. From our first meeting to the final details of the wedding, Nicolette and her team at Heron Hill were nothing short of amazing. Cait and I live in Charlotte, NC so planning our wedding from 12 hours away was stressful...but Nicolette was there every step of the way and honestly took so much off of our plates as brides and was such an expert on everything we needed for our wedding. Every single detail about the venue was so well thought out and planned, and we truly have Nicolette to thank for that. Being a non-traditional couple, with two brides, we wanted something different for our aisles at the ceremony, and the entire team at Heron Hill went out of their way to help us develop a plan for the set-up that would allow us to have two aisles and walk out at the same time directly across from each other...yet still have all of our guests be able to see. I could go on for many paragraphs about how amazing they were!!
    Susannah Married on 10/22/2016
    From start to fiinish, we knew we were in good hands with Nicolette and her team at Heron Hill. The venue was stunning but the events team were calm, cool, and kept us collected. Planning a wedding long distance was anxiety inducing, but they never missed a beat and rolled with every snafu along the way. They got us to the finish line with a smile on their faces and every member of the team worked seamlessly together to make sure that we had the most perfect night. Better than we ever expected it could be. It was so fun that we were the last two to actually leave!
    Mary K. Married on 07/23/2016
    Our wedding ceremony and reception at Heron Hill Winery was ultimate perfection! Nicolette is amazing! She made sure every detail was put into place for our special day, and we did not have to worry about a thing. She catered to our every need and ensured us throughout the planning process that everything would be taken care of...and it was! Our wedding was 5 months ago, and our guests are still raving about the beautiful views, the wine, and the incredible service at Heron Hill. I highly recommend anyone have their "destination" wedding on the beautiful Keuka Lake at Heron Hill!
    Tracy Married on 07/09/2016
    We chose Heron Hill after checking out multiple wineries along Keuka, Seneca, and Cayuga Lakes. What drew us in initially was the breathtaking views, open tent layout, as well as the flexibility to bring in our own vendors for a truly customized experience. When we first visited the location we met Elka. Her energy and excitement was evident immediately as well as her authentic drive to do what was best for every engaged couple. By the time we made our final decision Elka moved to one of Heron Hill's other locations, but her replacement Nicolette stepped right in and made us feel even more confident and comfortable about our choice of venue. Nicolette was always quick to respond to emails, help us with ideas and vendor recommendations, and truly made us feel at home. Pre-wedding we were able to bring up and leave our wedding supplies without any worry and she helped make our last minute ideas become a reality. I can only describe our wedding day as perfect. The weather was amazing, our guests were able to participate in a complementary wine tasting during cocktail hour, play games on the lawn area (lit nicely with their newly installed bistro lights), and dance the night away looking over the vineyard, Keuka Lake and beyond. I cannot think of anything more that I would have asked for or looked for in a venue.
    Jennifer Married on 06/25/2016
    I can't even imagine choosing a venue other than Heron Hill for our wedding! We worked with Nicolette since last summer and she was so responsive and flexible and just plain awesome to work with. She covered everything and handled every little detail so the day of our wedding was totally stress-free. Heron Hill is perfectly beautiful with their landscaping and the view of Keuka Lake and the lighting in the tent. We needed so few decorations to make it exactly what we wanted. So many of our guests told us how beautiful both our ceremony and reception were. If you're looking for a laid back but sophisticated venue for your wedding in the Southern Tier, Heron Hill is perfect!
    Bridgett Married on 06/18/2016
    I had my wedding at Heron Hill June 2016 and it was absolutely everything I could hope for in a venue. The scenery was beautiful, the set up was convenient, and the staff were attentive and friendly. Nicolette, th email wedding coordinator was a delight to work with and kept the whole day running seamlessly. I would recommend heron hill to anyone!
    Megan Married on 09/12/2015
    Heron Hill was the perfect venue to host our September reception. Nicolette to a heap of decorations and flowers and made "our tent" so enchanting; we still get chills thinking about it. It rained that day, but you wouldn't have noticed. Nicolette, and her assistant, ran around in rain boots and handed out umbrellas as our guests arrived! If you are looking for a beautiful venue (no matter the whether), and an attention to detail Event Coordinator, Heron Hill is it! Check it out!!
    Malerie Married on 09/08/2012
    My husband and I just got married at Heron Hill Winery on Keuka lake a couple weeks ago. We fell in love with the venue long before this but was hoping that our guests, who most were traveling 5+ hours to come, would as well. Well our hopes came true and then some. Everyone is still talking about how beautiful it was and that the drive was well worth it. Many even said that is was comparable to Napa! Kara and her team were so organized and helpful. Both the ceremony and reception went perfectly and they were absolutely great to work with. We couldn't be happier with our decision. Thank you for making our special day unforgettable!
    Marla Married on 10/01/2005
    I cannot express enough how wonderful the experience was working with this winery. It has the most amazing view of Keuka Lake (one of the Finger Lakes in upstate NY) and the greatest staff. Our reception was held under a beautiful white tent with the grapevines and lake in the background and it could not have been prettier. I would get married there all over again!
  • User1689535 2+ years ago
    Working with Elke, and Heron Hill has been terrific thus far!! As a bride-to-be, as hard as you might try not to be, planning and finding vendors can be stressful. This process has been a breeze so far with Heron Hill's reccomendations to wonderful local vendors! We're so excited for the months leading up to "the big day"!!!!
    Nichole Married on 08/31/2013
    Heron Hill Winery is absolutely beautiful with breathtaking views! We continue to receive compliments on how perfect our venue was. Our ceremony was held on the lawn with the most stunning background of the vineyard and the lake behind us. The tent was set up perfectly for our reception and everything went smoothly with all of our vendors. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect day/night.
    Nadine Married on 06/17/2017
    Nicolette did an amazing job throughout the wedding planning process and was extremely attentive and responsive. We could not have been happier with her job well done and the venue as well. The view is absolutely spectacular.
  • User1893200 2+ years ago
    Gorgeous Location! Very excited to get married there. Only thing that is not great is that you have to have your wedding in the evening after the wine tasting room is closed...also, more expensive to have a sat wedding
    Elise Married on 07/20/2013
    The space is gorgeous. The staff friendly and helpful.
  • F
    Sarah Married on 10/02/2010
    Heron Hill was the perfect setting for our vintage-vineyard themed wedding. The staff was wonderful throughout my planning process and was always there ready to offer suggestions and input. I highly recommend holding your wedding at Heron Hill!
    Amber Married on 06/03/2017
    At the end of the day, the event planner bent over backwards to make my venue even more beautiful than I thought it could be. She took my vague description of what I had in my head and turned it into reality and then some. This is a wonderful place to hold your event
    Tracy Married on 07/10/2004
    We had our reception at the beautiful Heron Hill Winery. The view overlooking the vineyards and Keuka Lake is breathtaking. The facility is lovely. One could have a wedding of any budget there. The tent is good. The staff was friendly. The only drawbacks are the bathrooms. They are fine, but they placed a port-a-potty against our wishes in the back of the tent. It didn't smell and it was not noticeable, but it irked me and I found it tacky for the type of affair we had there. Just ask them to remove it for your event.

We gave bottles of their wine [at a seriously discounted rate] as favors. People still talk about how beautiful our wedding was nearly four years later.
    Kaitlin Married on 09/24/2016
    When looking for a wedding venue in the Keuka Lake area, Heron Hill grabbed my attention immediately. Besides the absolutely gorgeous venue - the views, flowers, and other decor - Nicolette was wonderful to work with. She helped us make sure we had all the details worked out, and the day of the wedding I had no doubts that everything would look amazing. It helped ease my mind to be working with such great people! Many of our guests commented on how amazing the views were from Heron Hill, and how lovely the venue was. We are so happy we chose this location for our wedding!