15 Reviews for Heritage Ballroom

15 Heritage Ballroom Reviews

Beautiful banquet hall. The staff was so friendly!

Profile Picture User4695996, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was an amazing place to have my wedding reception. Very convenient. Also, Michelle is super amazing and very helpful! It was beautiful. The bartender was also amazing and made sure the wedding party was always good. They made my wedding planning very easy. Great location to be able to take pictures at the island nearby.

Profile Picture User3550581, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our ceremony at Walton Island, and our reception next door at the Heritage Ballroom - and it was wonderful! We chose them primarily because an outdoor ceremony was crucial to us, and we did not want to transport guests from a ceremony to a reception location. It is actually pretty unique in the Chicago suburbs: we researched 151 venues, and this was the only one which had the indoor/outdoor combination, accommodated 120+ guests, allowed outside catering and had reasonable prices.

Speaking of, it was a good value. We booked the outdoor ceremony space, chair rental/setup, the indoor reception space (which included chair and table setup) and the bar package. They also provided answers to my many questions leading up to the wedding - from whether there is a mic hook-up on the island (yes) to whether the caterer could come early to do decorations (yes, as no other event was happening then). Anna was patient and looked into all of my requests. She and Michelle were on-site day-of to help, and they definitely delivered. On Walton Island, chairs were set up as expected. In the Ballroom, the 2 bartenders were friendly and efficient, and the upgraded bar package was well-stocked. The chairs, tables and equipment were set up according to our diagram. They worked well with our caterer, and they made us feel like everything was under control. And this was all with us planning the entire wedding from out-of-state!

The space itself was nice: lots of light from the large windows, space for our guests and for the fairly large dance floor, nice bathrooms, a great bridal room, etc. I didn't care about colors at all, but if you do, check out their interactive tour of the space online. The outdoors was beautiful and a perfect backdrop for our photos. All of our guests loved the space.

In short: beautiful outdoor/indoor venue, with accommodating staff and reasonable prices.

Profile Picture Anna, 9/28/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an awesome wedding thanks to the Walton Island ceremony and the reception at the Heritage Ballroom. Our coordinator, Anna Moretti, was great and extremely responsive.

Profile Picture Amanda , 8/7/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect place to have any event. We had our wedding here and it was beyond perfect. They exceeded all of our expectations and were an absolute pleasure to work with. We highly recommend the centre and hope to have the chance to work with them again soon.

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You must check out what a beautiful facility that the Heritage Ballroom can transform into for a gorgeous wedding reception. The people are fantastic, the room is spacious and the view is breath-taking. I can honestly say I have zero complaints, and I would not have changed a thing about our magical wedding day!

Profile Picture Kari, 6/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married in September on Walton Island and had our reception across the street at the Heritage Ballroom. The same people organize both venues and we had a wonderful experience with them. Our site coordinator, Leah, was friendly, helpful, accommodating and easy to work with. She was also very calm and laid-back, which is a great influence when you are a stressed-out bride! The whole event went off without a hitch, thanks to Leah and our caterer (see review for Cuisine America). We chose to use the preferred caterer because we had some friends who gave us good reviews for them. I'm so glad we did...the site and caterer do a lot of events together so they worked together seemlessly. As for the locations themselves:

Walton Island was a gorgeous location for our ceremony. The landscaping is very well maintained and there were beautiful plants and flowers everywhere. We had just over 100 seated guests and there was plenty of room for that many chairs under the gazebo. Since it is a public park, a few times when we visited the island, there were homeless people camped out under the gazebo, which concerned me a bit. However, they left without a fuss when we did our rehearsal and they were nowhere to be seen on the day of the ceremony. The train tracks run right next to the river, which concerned me as well but they are just short passenger trains that go by quickly. We didn’t have any issues with them, except that one ended up in a family picture.

The Heritage Ballroom was a great space for our reception. The color scheme of the decor is not ideal (salmon, pale yellow) but it is much better than most hotel ballrooms I've seen. Once it was all decorated (our colors were black, white, and apple green), you hardly noticed the clashing colors. The pricing for rental and bar was very affordable as well. I still can't believe how much we got for what we paid. The pricing is all listed online so they can't do what most places do and jack up the prices when you say the word "wedding". All in all, we had a great experience with this venue and I would definitely recommend them to anyone, expecially a couple on a budget.

Profile Picture Abigail, 9/10/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We worked directly with Lena V. who provided us with outstanding service. She was efficient, organized, professional and extremely personal. She helped everything run so smoothly. She answered all of our questions no matter how big or small. She also offered suggestions as to which vendors we could possibly use and gave us a lot of wedding literature to help us plan our special day. The Heritage Ballroom was wonderful with accommodating us for both our ceremony and reception. The transition between the ceremony and the reception went smoothly and everyone commented on what a great facility it was. My husband and I also loved the use of the outdoor gardens/river for our pictures. They turned out perfectly and the background almost looked fake because it was so beautiful. The entire staff was helpful and polite. I would highly recommend this facility, and Lena V., to anyone who is looking for a venue for their wedding. Our experience with the Heritage Ballroom was refreshingly amazing.

Profile Picture Leanne, 8/14/10, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Planning a wedding on a budget can be a tricky task, but the Heritage Ballroom made it so easy! The team was really flexible, helping us come up with an agreement that made sure we got all of our priority items included while still sticking to our budget, and they helped make sure that every detail was planned so they could be there for us on our big day. The room was the perfect size for our 120 person wedding (but could easily have held many more), and it looked beautiful on the day of. The true gem of this venue is Walton Island, the use of which is part of the rental fee. It would make a beautiful site for an outdoor wedding, but as we had a church ceremony, we opted to use the island for an outdoor photo shoot. We were there for over an hour taking amazing shots - the landscaping is great, and the whole island is full of unique backdrops that make for great photos!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 10/22/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Sue & Lena were great. Heritage ballroom offers quite a lot of space and service for a small price tag. I really was impressed the day of the wedding how smoothly everything came together. Sue was great about making adjustments and rolling with unforeseen circumstances. I would highly recommend the Heritage Ballroom.

Profile Picture Jacki, 9/5/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our caterer was Cuisine America and Mary really made the reception space look beautiful with the table linens and chair covers. The ballroom itself has very neutral decor and our wedding colors really stood out and looked great. We had about 125 guests, and we didn't feel crowded at all. The dance floor is a good size. The outdoor gazebo space for the ceremony was nice, the grounds are nicely maintained and the plants and flowers are pretty. It is a public park, and there were people walking by, but during the ceremony I really didn't notice them. No trains came by either.

Profile Picture User4262435, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I decided to go with the Heritage Ballroom for my wedding reception and I was very happy that I did. My reception overall was lovely. All of my guests had the most amazing time. My event coordinator was very sweet and kind and she helped us immensely. We did run into a bit of a snag at one point, but that was because I ended up speaking with a different event coordinator than the one I had originally booked with. This individual was not very caring towards my concerns and requests. As a bride planning a wedding you know its extremely stressful, probably the most stress you will deal with in your life! So you expect these people to be a bit more helpful and understanding, I did not receive this from this particular event coordinator. My Mother in law had to call to straighten things out for me. But once we got in touch with our original even coordinator everything was back on track. She even gave me her personal cell phone number, which I thought was very kind of her and caring towards my needs as a bride. I would very much recommend the Heritage Ballroom, it is a lovely reception hall and the view of Elgin is grand. Overall you will not be disappointed. One thing, try to get all things given to you in writing! Just a recommendation to all brides and grooms planning their own wedding.

Profile Picture Catherine , 9/8/12, 5 Reviews
3.7

Best venue in our area based on price. WE could have gone elsewhere and paid far more; but why? Wish the "wedding coordinator" was more responsive and actively involved. Thank goodness for my husband and his willingness to hunt down and work with the facility staff; because if I had to do all that when I needed to get dressed, I would have broken down.

Profile Picture User2386025, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
2.5

We had a difficult time with the poeple that work at the venue. They were not giving our guests water at our wedding during the reception saying our caterer should be responsible-a detail a bride should not have to be concerned with. It was a very hot day in July with spicy food. Finally they got some pitchers of water to our guests after my maid of honor threw a fit for me. The day of the wedding we had to go to a plan b option. They did not think of anything-I had to ask all of the questions and our guests had to come up with most of the solutions. Its a beautiful venue for the amount of money. The package deal that came with was great-but we had to fight the coordinator on every aspect to make sure we got everything that we were paying for through our package. EVERYTHING. We are still fighting them on the deposit we were supposed to get back.

Profile Picture Deborah, 7/31/10, 1 Review