191 Reviews for Hawk Photography

Proofs (9)
Canvas (4)
Second Shooter (1)
Save the Date (1)

Over the weekend my fiance' and I were lucky enough to do our engagement photos with Daryl at their beautiful studio! The day started off rainy, and we were a little upset but Daryl met us at our car with an umbrella, eager to make our pictures magical despite the weather, and that's exactly what he did! Our pictures came out wonderful and the rain did clear up and we got beautiful pictures taken on their grounds as well as inside their studio. We fell in love with our pictures and loved that there were many places on the grounds to take pictures. From beginning to end we felt comfortable, relaxed and never rushed. We could not have asked for a better experience! We cannot wait until our wedding with Daryl!

Profile Picture Kaylee, 7/6/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was my fiancé and I first professional photo shoot together and I couldn’t have been more happier with how everything turned out. Our engagement photos came out amazing and it helped tell our love for one another. There’s no need to go to multiple locations to get that perfect shot everything need is at the studio. From a waterfall, to a log cabin, and I wonderful forest backdrop. I would recommend Hawks photography for any occasion.

Profile Picture Patrice, 2/24/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

I had a long search in photographers because I feel this is one of the most important details in a wedding. When meeting with Daryl Hawk,my fiancé and I felt the perfect fit! His storybook concept of picture taking is just right, as we noticed in our recent engagement sitting with him. He doesn't over play the concept of posing, but more Importantly makes you feel comfortable; and the result was amazing pictures that we will love forever. The experience in this business is evident as he wants to make sure you get everything you want in picture packages. Daryl was more than willing to alter his package deals for us. I couldn't be more thrilled for next October to come so we can work with Hawk Photography again in capturing our love and wedding day. Five stars for Hawk Photography!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I recently had our engagement sitting with Daryl at his home. His beautiful property was the perfect backdrop for the photos, and we are thrilled with how well they came out. Daryl let us incorporate our own ideas and props that we brought to the shoot. We can't wait to see how our wedding photos come out on 10/13/18!

Profile Picture Melissa , 10/13/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

**Before reading further, this review is based on engagement photos we had done by Hawk Photography.

We met Daryl Hawk at a bridal show in Stamford, CT. He was one of the very few photographers there that wasn't showing photographs that were completely overtaken with editing. While he will do black and white photos, and some really awesome shots where only certain colors are in focus, his natural, relaxed style of photographs really caught our eye.

After meeting with him in his studio, seeing more of his works, reading his reviews online, and mulling it over (ha ha), my fiance and I agreed to go with him for our engagement shoot as well as our wedding photographs!

Our engagement shoot went quickly and smoothly. My fiance and I chose to have pictures done at a place that was special to us, and Hawk Photography was very flexible in meeting our needs. The pictures after the fact, came out amazing! He has a keen eye for backgrounds, as well as lighting, and can make the most awkward couple in front of the camera look calm, cool, and collected on film.

Overall, we are both very happy with our choice, and we would definitely recommend him to anyone who enjoys classic wedding photography or someone who wants pictures "in the moment".

Profile Picture Christine, 10/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We found Daryl at the Hartford Bridal show. When we looked through the albums he had we instantly knew that he was the going to be our photographer. We recently did our engagement shoot. His level of professionalism and our level of comfort during the shoot were superb! His location was gorgeous and our photos came out spectacular! We could not be happier! We cannot wait for our wedding photos in September! Thanks Hawk Photography for helping us to create memories that will last a lifetime!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/22/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot

Daryl Hawk of Hawk Photography & Video is by far one of the best in his profession! My fiance and I found him while trying to decide on a photographer & videographer for our wedding. He offers a wide variety of packages and will work with you one-on-one to determine exactly what you want for your event. His prices are very reasonable, too! We recently got our engagement pictures from him (the sitting for which was free!), and they looked absolutely beautiful; he's got a great eye for what will work in a portrait. We're absolutely thrilled to see what the wedding pictures will look like! If you're looking for a skilled photographer who will make sure everything is to your satisfaction, don't look any further than Daryl Hawk!

Profile Picture Olivia, 9/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I used Hawk Photography for my wedding photos just a couple of weeks ago. With my package, I got a free engagement sitting. We met Daryl at his studio in Wilton, CT where he took about 100 photos in 30 minutes. Afterwards, we went inside and look through the pictures to see if we wanted to order any. The sitting is free, but you do have to pay for the enlargements. We ended up getting 1, 8x10 photo and 3, 5x7 photos. We received them pretty quickly in the mail, which I was excited about and they came out great! Daryl was our photographer on the day of our wedding and he was excellent at communicating with us leading up to the event. He was at our venue early and ready to go. He took beautiful photos including the first look with my dad and husband. He made sure to get the photos I had asked for on a shot sheet that he requires. You don’t even notice he is there, but he takes such beautiful photos that capture the whole day perfectly. I am thrilled with how the photos came out. He checked in with us shortly after the wedding and we received our photos a few days ago (our wedding was August 25). Lots of people don’t get their wedding photos for many months or up to a year, so I was extremely excited to get them so quickly! They came out PERFECTLY!

Profile Picture Nina, 8/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We just had our engagement pictures done, and they look amazing! The gardens at Daryl's studio we're a perfect backdrop. We can't wait to see how our wedding photos turn out, because we know they'll look fantastic!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We contracted Hawk Photography in September 2017. Daryl worked with us to create a package that gave us the services we wanted while staying in our budget. The engagement sitting at his studio was a good way for us to experience his working style and to know what we could expect on our wedding day the following August. It was easy to view and choose the photos that we wanted to have printed. Picking up these prints was hassle free and they looked great. We always worked directly with Daryl and never had any issues getting into contact with him. Every few months he would contact us to review our contracted services. It was easy to add additional services even one month before our wedding date. The morning of our wedding Daryl was at the venue before I arrived and made it a priority to work off of our portrait list to be sure that we got all of the shots that we wanted. He contacted us the Monday after our wedding to let us know that we will receive our photos in a few weeks once they are edited. We are excited to view our photos and receive the prints. It was a pleasure to work with Daryl.

Profile Picture Jessica , 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hawk Photography was a pleasure to do business with from beginning to end. We started off with a introduction on how things would go throughout the planning of the wedding with a timeline from start to finish. All the T's were crossed and the I's were dotted. Nothing was left out. Daryl Hawk owner of Hawk Photography was so pleasant and was very accommodating throughout out the whole process and even up to the end of the wedding. We even hired a Photo Booth company on his recommendation that was a huge hit with all m y guest as well as myself and the groom. Of course, most importantly, the photos are amazing as well. I would definitely recommend him and his company for the perfect wedding photos.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 7/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Hawk Photography is one of the best photographer whose portfolio really captured us. As a photographer myself, I was looking for a great eye but also excellent technical skills. The reason we opted for Hawk Photography from all other vendors was their reasonable package options and gorgeous studio. No other photographer out there had both of these. I would truly recommend just booking an appointment. You will love it!

Profile Picture amparo, 7/22/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Engagement Shoot

They did a great job, and it was one of the best-priced photography company we could find! We loved our photos and Erik, our photographer, was fun, engaging, and worked hard to make sure we got what we wanted! I really recommend Hawk Photography.

Profile Picture Sara, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Daryl was friendly and professional right from the beginning. You could clearly see his years of talent from the body of work he showed us. Our engagement pictures were a lot of fun. We took them on his property and every little nook and cranny of it is magical. The pictures were really beautiful and we were happy with the results. Leading up to the wedding, Daryl was in touch consistently determining what our wedding day would be like. The day of the wedding, he was right where we needed him. I think he got every picture we asked for. Although we haven't received our pictures yet, we know we will be thrilled with the results.

Profile Picture Mattea, 7/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I had the pleasure of having Daryl as our photographer at our wedding on 7/7/2018. We first met Daryl at a location convenient for us about 10 months before our wedding. We went over many different package options until we found the one that suit our requests and budget best. We were so glad to find a photographer with so many great and reasonably priced options!

We had our engagement portraits in the Fall at his beautiful, outdoor studio and were so impressed with how the pictures turned out. It was probably the first time we actually, genuinely liked pictures of ourselves!

The wedding day photos were just as beautiful. Our portraits ended up being at about 12 noon which I was a little nervous about since it is the worst lighting time for pictures. BUT Daryl managed to make our photos look lovely- with a bridal glow from the sun. I’m so thankful that we had an experienced professional for our wedding day.

Profile Picture Allison, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I recently got married on July 7, 2018. We had an amazing experience with both Daryl and Erik with Hawk Photography. From our first meeting with Daryl, he told us Erik Schlange would be our photographer on the day of the wedding. Daryl has been very professional and responsive throughout the whole process. We were very happy with our personalized wedding guest book which included many of the beautiful pictures taken by Daryl from our engagement sitting on his studio property. Erik reached out to me a few weeks before the wedding to let us know that he received our list from Daryl of all our must have photos. Erik provided me with all his contact information and asked us for a few more details of what we wanted on the wedding day. It was very nice to work with Erik. He was punctual, has a great personality and made my husband and I feel very comfortable. We love our wedding pictures. Erik took all the photos we asked for on our list and captured all the great moments in our wedding. We really liked the fact that our pictures looked very beautiful yet so natural. Hawk Photography is worth every penny. I recommend Hawk Photography 100%.

Profile Picture Murielle, 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Engagement Shoot

Hawk Photography is the absolute best in the business! We are in love with our engagement photos and now we are so excited to have Hawk Photography capture our wedding day photos! Their value is absolutely the best in CT. They were able to work out a package with us that fit our budget and fit our photography needs. They are very flexible and completely professional. Hawk Photography is also very good at communicating with us and making sure we are on the same page. I will be recommending Hawk Photography to any of my friends who are getting married!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hawk Photography was outstanding and we were so happy we chose them for our wedding! Daryl and his amazing team including Nicole (second photographer), Nicole (videographer) and Melissa (photo booth) were wonderful at my wedding this past Sunday 6/24/18. From our first encounter with Daryl to engagement photos, timeline leading up to, the day of and following our wedding he was highly professional and maintained great communication. We were so pleased with our engagement photos and cannot wait to see how he captured our beautiful wedding! I would highly recommend Hawk Photography to any couple looking for someone to capture their love story!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 6/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Hawk Photography was a pleasure to work with Our photographers, Daryl Hawk and Shawn James were terrific. Always right there when needed and took such amazing photos.

Profile Picture Sheila, 6/23/18, 11 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Multi. Locations, Albums, Prints, Proofs, Save the Date

Daryl and the Hawk photography team were excellent! He was so accommodating and customized our photo packages. Our photographer Erik did a great job and was really easy to get along with. We can't wait to see the final results.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 6/23/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Daryl kept in touch during the entire process - asked great questions to be sure we got the shots we wanted and as a result we altered our timeline to ensure the perfect sunset photos! We also had the videographer through Hawk - Sam was fun and never in your face - he was great to work with as well.... worth every penny my mother-in-law spent!
Highly recommend

Profile Picture Robin, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Videography

Whilst planning our wedding my wife and I had one primary stress point... finding a good photographer. We have been too many bridal expos and had met with Hawk photography a few times, at our last bridal expo we set a date to meet with Daryl and i must say he was absolutely professional helping us pick out what package would fit our small wedding. We were on a tight budget and he had no issue helping us make out day special. He was very clear on what information he needed from us and we provided what he needed in order to make the process as seamless as possible. The reviews on this company do not lie there is a reason they have been in business for 30+ years. The Day of the wedding Jennifer our photographer was with my wife taking photographs of her getting ready and she was an absolute pleasure helping her pose and feel comfortable taking pictures and helped keep the environment a stress free as possible. Throughout the day she was pleasant to work helping us pose at the park, our family and friends all said she was wonderful, very attentive, personable, and professional. I would 100% do business with Hawk photography and would 100% recommend them to any couple looking for a top notch experience

Profile Picture David, 6/16/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We recently had our engagement pictures taken by hawk photography Daryl was very professional personable and made the experience something we'll never forget. When I first met Daryl I had expressed how anxious I was about having my picture taken but after seeing the pictures he took I was smiling from ear-to-ear and I looled beautiful. I am looking forward to having our wedding pictures taken by hawk photography and I know they'll be be perfect.

Profile Picture Frances, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Hawk Photography did a great job with our wedding photos! We're a pretty low-maintenance couple and we wanted some nice family portraits and shots that captured the spirit of the evening, and our photographer, Jennifer, did exactly that. She was friendly and personable, and made sure we got all the photos from our list. We also worked with the owner, Daryl, to create a package of print and digital photos that was right for us, and he was always communicative and responsive. Daryl also did our engagement photos, which turned out beautifully. The sample photos on their website give a good idea of their work, although they also seemed very accommodating to other requests and ideas. All in all, we would highly recommend working with Hawk Photography!

Profile Picture Anita, 6/2/18, 1 Review