166 Reviews for Hawk Photography

Proofs (8)
Multi. Locations (7)
Albums (7)
Canvas (3)

Over the weekend my fiance' and I were lucky enough to do our engagement photos with Daryl at their beautiful studio! The day started off rainy, and we were a little upset but Daryl met us at our car with an umbrella, eager to make our pictures magical despite the weather, and that's exactly what he did! Our pictures came out wonderful and the rain did clear up and we got beautiful pictures taken on their grounds as well as inside their studio. We fell in love with our pictures and loved that there were many places on the grounds to take pictures. From beginning to end we felt comfortable, relaxed and never rushed. We could not have asked for a better experience! We cannot wait until our wedding with Daryl!

Profile Picture Kaylee, 7/6/19, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I had a long search in photographers because I feel this is one of the most important details in a wedding. When meeting with Daryl Hawk,my fiancé and I felt the perfect fit! His storybook concept of picture taking is just right, as we noticed in our recent engagement sitting with him. He doesn't over play the concept of posing, but more Importantly makes you feel comfortable; and the result was amazing pictures that we will love forever. The experience in this business is evident as he wants to make sure you get everything you want in picture packages. Daryl was more than willing to alter his package deals for us. I couldn't be more thrilled for next October to come so we can work with Hawk Photography again in capturing our love and wedding day. Five stars for Hawk Photography!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I recently had our engagement sitting with Daryl at his home. His beautiful property was the perfect backdrop for the photos, and we are thrilled with how well they came out. Daryl let us incorporate our own ideas and props that we brought to the shoot. We can't wait to see how our wedding photos come out on 10/13/18!

Profile Picture Melissa , 10/13/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

**Before reading further, this review is based on engagement photos we had done by Hawk Photography.

We met Daryl Hawk at a bridal show in Stamford, CT. He was one of the very few photographers there that wasn't showing photographs that were completely overtaken with editing. While he will do black and white photos, and some really awesome shots where only certain colors are in focus, his natural, relaxed style of photographs really caught our eye.

After meeting with him in his studio, seeing more of his works, reading his reviews online, and mulling it over (ha ha), my fiance and I agreed to go with him for our engagement shoot as well as our wedding photographs!

Our engagement shoot went quickly and smoothly. My fiance and I chose to have pictures done at a place that was special to us, and Hawk Photography was very flexible in meeting our needs. The pictures after the fact, came out amazing! He has a keen eye for backgrounds, as well as lighting, and can make the most awkward couple in front of the camera look calm, cool, and collected on film.

Overall, we are both very happy with our choice, and we would definitely recommend him to anyone who enjoys classic wedding photography or someone who wants pictures "in the moment".

Profile Picture Christine, 10/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We found Daryl at the Hartford Bridal show. When we looked through the albums he had we instantly knew that he was the going to be our photographer. We recently did our engagement shoot. His level of professionalism and our level of comfort during the shoot were superb! His location was gorgeous and our photos came out spectacular! We could not be happier! We cannot wait for our wedding photos in September! Thanks Hawk Photography for helping us to create memories that will last a lifetime!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot

Daryl Hawk of Hawk Photography & Video is by far one of the best in his profession! My fiance and I found him while trying to decide on a photographer & videographer for our wedding. He offers a wide variety of packages and will work with you one-on-one to determine exactly what you want for your event. His prices are very reasonable, too! We recently got our engagement pictures from him (the sitting for which was free!), and they looked absolutely beautiful; he's got a great eye for what will work in a portrait. We're absolutely thrilled to see what the wedding pictures will look like! If you're looking for a skilled photographer who will make sure everything is to your satisfaction, don't look any further than Daryl Hawk!

Profile Picture Olivia, 9/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Hawk Photography is the absolute best in the business! We are in love with our engagement photos and now we are so excited to have Hawk Photography capture our wedding day photos! Their value is absolutely the best in CT. They were able to work out a package with us that fit our budget and fit our photography needs. They are very flexible and completely professional. Hawk Photography is also very good at communicating with us and making sure we are on the same page. I will be recommending Hawk Photography to any of my friends who are getting married!

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We recently had our engagement pictures taken by hawk photography Daryl was very professional personable and made the experience something we'll never forget. When I first met Daryl I had expressed how anxious I was about having my picture taken but after seeing the pictures he took I was smiling from ear-to-ear and I looled beautiful. I am looking forward to having our wedding pictures taken by hawk photography and I know they'll be be perfect.

Profile Picture Frances, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

Stress free, low-key, beautiful photos! Daryl communicates well, and turned our photos around in about three weeks! I would 100% recommend to couples who want a good mix of portraits and organic shots.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My fiance and I booked Daryl as our photographer far in advance of our big day, more than a year. In that time, I of course had several opportunities to experience friends weddings and other events and meet other photographers. As a bride with a long engagement, I have run into a couple of moments of "did I make the right decision?"
Leading up to our engagement sitting, my fiance and I were both nervous and excited as we often don't have professional photography sessions, and I had put a lot on these photos in my mind.
Daryl's calm and relaxed energy immediately put me at ease and even got my fiance to loosen up. The grounds surrounding his studio are absolutely beautiful and provided better backdrops for our photos than any location I could have chosen.
I was pleased to get a phone call 5 days following our session that our prints were ready. Friends and family instantly fell in love with the photos Daryl took, and so did we! It was the best decision we made to do the engagement sitting, as we feel much more comfortable for the wedding now.
I would recommend Hawk Photography to anyone looking for an easy going, talented and experienced photographer!
We are so pleased to know that we could not have chosen a better photographer for our wedding day. We cant wait to see what our wedding photos will look like!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/27/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints

My experience with Hawk Photography has been an excellent one thus far. Daryl connected with me on several occasions, providing me with all the details I needed to make my decision to work with them. He has been tremendously professional, eager to hear my suggests and feedback and overall his work is beyond AMAZING. We had our engagement sitting with Daryl 6/4/17 and received our images within a week. I was blown away at how beautiful the images were! The quality was definitely top of the line and I was more than happy with the final results. We are looking forward to continue working with Daryl until our wedding day in May. Even though he is affordably priced, quality is definitely not sacrificed. You will be happy you hired Hawk Photography.

Profile Picture Toni, 5/19/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Prints

Thank you so much to hawk photography for making our wedding day so special. We had Jennifer and Nicole at our wedding for photo and video. They were on time, professional, fun, and so awesome! Thanks again for making it a great day!

Profile Picture Chelsey, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are SO glad we chose Hawk photography as our photography vendor for our big day. We searched high and low for the right fit and we could not have been happier with Daryl and his professionalism. Our photos came out beautiful and our wedding album is put together beautifully. Not only did our engagement photos come out beautifully, taken on his gorgeous property in Wilton, CT but we also received all of our photos, both engagement and wedding in a timely manner. Daryl was punctual and followed us to each and every destination on our wedding day (which also happened to be in the middle of a noreaster) and did everything in his power to capture some of the most memorable moments of our day, such as the bridesmaids making a mad dash into the church from the limo in the middle of the pouring rain and wind. We will always smile looking back on these candid shots. Thanks again Daryl & Hawk Photography for being apart of our special day. We would recommend Hawk Photography to anybody who is on the search for a wedding photographer.

Photo for Hawk Photography Review - Add a comment...
Photo for Hawk Photography Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Hadley, 3/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

We were so happy to find Hawk Photography when filtering through all the different available photographers for our wedding last month. My husband and I had settled on an approximate cost we would like to spend, and Hawk was just what we were looking for. I skimmed through their many albums on their website and was delighted to see so many vibrant and beautiful photos from previous weddings they had done and once I saw they had shot events at our wedding venue I was sold. Daryl from Hawk was easy to talk to and communicate with through email and over the phone, something that was important to my husband and I because we were traveling from out of state to hold our wedding in Connecticut. He got along wonderfully with us and our family and was sure to ask us for specific photos we wanted to have done on our big day. Not only were our photos beautiful and our colors popped in our winter wonderland venue, but also received our photos within two weeks of having our wedding, the fastest turnaround I have seen in comparison to others I know who hired other Connecticut wedding photographers!

Profile Picture Sarah, 12/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I really enjoyed our engagement setting, Darryl really made us feel comfortable and directed us so that all of the shots would be perfect. We can not wait for our special day, so our story book love will come to life! The atmosphere and the professionalism was awesome!

Profile Picture Lakeysha, 12/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I have had a wonderful experience with Hawk photography! We were so pleased with our engagement photos and can't wait to see the final product of our wedding photos. We got married two weeks ago and our photographer Mike was on time and in the thick of the action getting all the good shots! He called me about a week beforehand to confirm everything. My mind was really set at ease knowing we were in good hands. I told him about a few people that I wanted special pictures of and he made sure to get all those shots. There are so many stressful things about weddings, don't let the photographer be one of them. Go with Hawk and his team!

Profile Picture Paige, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Canvas, Digital Files, Prints

Darryl did an excellent job getting all the wonderful moments during our wedding on October 21st. We also received beautiful pictures from our amazing engagement session. His studio is beautiful. The price was perfect he really works with you to get the best package for your budget.

Profile Picture Dawn, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Daryl was incredible- he did both our engagement shoot and our wedding. My fiancee is notoriously super uncomfortable when taking photos, and Daryl was able to put him at ease and capture both of our personalities. The engagement shoot was beautiful, and all of our photos turned out wonderfully. At the wedding, Daryl got every shot that we wanted, and spent a good deal of time with guests, getting shots of everyone. He made the portraits fun, and our entire bridal party loved him.
His value is hands-down the best in the area. Thank you, Hawk Photography, for absolutely everything!

Profile Picture Carly, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We just had our engagement photos yesterday with Daryl throughout the studio's beautiful grounds and it was such an enjoyable experience. We were also given really good deals on picture packages and Daryl did everything he could to give us what we wanted and kept it within the budget we told him. I am very happy with their photos and look forward to even more great pictures come the wedding day!

Profile Picture MaryLynn, 10/6/17, 1 Review

Profile Picture MaryLynn, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Daryl was extremely professional and our wedding photos are absolutely beautiful, thanks to him!

Profile Picture Jody, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I used Hawk Photgraphy for our wedding and we couldn't have been more pleased! Daryl did a phenomenal job on our engagement pictures, and Rocco, who shot our wedding, was amazing! He was friendly, organized, and really listened to make sure that we got everything we were looking for. I can't wait to see all of the pictures he captured!

Profile Picture Lynn, 9/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Daryl is an amazing photographer! I cannot count how many people said they were impressed with his way of interacting with people, his skill and most of all his work! The photos are amazing, he uses light in such a great way! We very much enjoyed having him as our wedding photographer.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Daryl has a great demeanor. He was easy to work with and was flexible in taking shots/pics that we wanted. It was important to us that the photography be unobtrusive to avoid that paparazzi feeling. No clicking cameras were heard etc. Looking forward to seeing the candid shots from our big day.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews