Hair by Carrie G Reviews

15 | Berkeley, CA

15 Reviews for Hair by Carrie G

15 Hair by Carrie G Reviews

Dawn · Married on 09/09/2017

Carrie is AMAZING! I pretty much gave her free reign on my hair style and she styled it perfectly! It came out better than I could have ever imagined.

Did I mention she did my make-up as well? As a person who doesn't wear a lot of makeup and would rather have a very natural look, Carrie did a phenomenal job.

I gave her very little direction and her vision was perfect. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Carrie. She's flexible with her time, willing to travel (she came all the way to Mammoth for mine) and is very sweet and genuine. I did not feel like i was just another customer. She made the whole experience feel extra special and I am very grateful!

Hair by Carrie G 1
    Hair by Carrie G 2
    Hair by Carrie G 3

Lisa · Married on 09/05/2017

Carrie was so willing to work with my schedule for an upcoming wedding and travelled a great distance to make my hair look fabulous. I felt like a million bucks after Carrie worked her magic! She is reliable and professional and very skilled !

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2017

Carrie was amazing! She was extremely sweet and made me look beautiful on my big day.

Kate · Married on 08/12/2017

Carrie Guerriero is incredibly kind, professional, accommodating, and creates incredible work. She worked with me in my hair trial to get things right, tried out a few things to see if they worked better for me, and talked to me like a friend. Maybe some people don't want that, but Carrie's warm and open demeanor made her easy to talk to and describe what I wanted as well as discuss how the rest of the wedding looked, general hair problems that might come up, and day-of troubleshooting.

I ordered 8 services (4 hair, 4 makeup) from Carrie for my MIL and bridal party. On the morning of my wedding we arrived early, and Carrie and her assistant worked their magic on us. EVERYONE at my wedding complimented my hair and makeup, My bridal party looked incredible, and my MIL looked fabulous and wouldn't stop talking about her hair. I would absolutely recommend Carrie to anyone. I am so happy that I found her and that she came out to Mammoth Lakes.

Hair by Carrie G 4
    Hair by Carrie G 5
    Hair by Carrie G 6
    Hair by Carrie G 7

Camille · Married on 07/29/2017

Carrie did a great job listening to what I wanted and emulated my vision fantastically. She tries hard to figure what you want and makes it happen! I highly recommend her as a stylist to any future brides.

Ellie · Married on 07/08/2017

Carrie did a fantastic job on my hair and makeup. I wanted a dramatic look but not super made up either. She found the perfect mix of polished yet natural at the same time...exactly what I was hoping for. I have semi-short hair and she offered a few different looks with my haircut, which was great. She's very responsive and easy to work with. I highly recommend her!

Jackie · Married on 07/01/2017

It was a pleasure to work with Carrie. She met my daughter and I at the hotel we were staying in for my son's wedding. She listened to what we wanted for both hair and,makeup and made helpful suggestions with regard to hairstyles and the weather conditions. I would not hesitate to recommend Carrie for any important event!

• W

W · Married on 10/03/2015

Carrie was actually out camping when I called her in a panic one Saturday because I had just learned that the hair stylist associated with my venue was moving across the state a month before my wedding. I had originally booked Carrie to come do the makeup for myself and my bridal party, but I knew from her website that she was a master of hair too. After explaining the situation, she told me that she could absolutely cover the hair for me and my party; she would make it work. And that’s exactly what she did. Because of the last-minute change in the scope of what needed to be done, Carrie had to find extra members of her team to get everyone’s hair and makeup done on time - but she coordinated everything and put together a fantastic team.

I did a trial run with Carrie the day before the wedding - she was super friendly, laid back, and really interesting to talk to. A few of my bridesmaids joined me to provide input, and Carrie ended up showing all of us some new tricks for styling our own hair. It’s clear she was born with a talent for teaching. At the trial session Carrie was willing to try out several styles until we converged on the right one for the wedding day. She also left it nicely styled for my rehearsal dinner- at her suggestion- which was really great!

The day of, Carrie and her team were professional and efficient - all of my bridesmaids had very different types of hair/complexions, and they were able to conquer all of them, and they were able to do it in the time available! With only a handful of printed pictures from the internet for guidance, they made everyone look radiant, beautiful, and coordinated- fantastic work. Carrie seemed to have a sixth sense for how to modify the makeup/hair style to match my vision without much guidance from me - which was greatly appreciated, since it was hard for me to articulate exactly what I was looking for. Everything turned out perfectly!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Hair by Carrie G's reply:

Thank you for this incredible review! It truly touched my heart that you loved the service I was able to provide to you! The time you took to write such a kind review was very thoughtful. I wish you many years of love and happiness ahead. Best, Carrie Guerriero

jennifer · Married on 11/09/2013

Carrie is amazing. I hired her to do my hair for my wedding. She went over and beyond.

I visited Mammoth randomly a month before my wedding and texted her at 8 am for an appointment that same morning, and she made time for me!! She spent two hours with me trying all kinds of hair styles. She made me feel like she truly cared and wanted me to love my hair and trial.

The weekend of my wedding, I decided I wanted extensions, and she made time for me to come in the day before the big day and do ANOTHER test run. She spent 2.5 hours with me and did not complain once. She kept saying "let's try something else" to make sure you love your hair. She was great. Carrie has very different and normal hair styles. It was fun to try out a little of everything to truly get a sense of what my hair would look like.

The day of the wedding she was extremely flexible with all changes and time constraints. She was very friendly with everyone and made time last minute to do more girls hair. My hair turned out fabulous!!

I would recommend Carrie to everyone!! She is amazing, fair price and works hard. I couldn't be happier with my selection of hair girls.

Erin · Married on 09/21/2013

Carrie is awesome! She did my hair & make-up for both my engagement photos and my wedding. She has a natural talent of how to make people look their best. I felt like the most beautiful bride...I loved my hair & make-up, so did everyone else! I would definitely recommend Carrie.

Carrie and Chandler did such an amazing job with hair and make up. All my bridesmaids and moms looked gorgeous, and I loved my hair! Carrie's cat eye make up on my sister was awesome! Their hair styling is very fresh and up to date. If you're looking for natural or flirty hair styles/makeup, I highly recommend Carrie and her team.Thanks Hair by Carrie!

You may view the wedding pictures at www.candicenyandophotography.com under Xenia and Travis.

Emma · Married on 10/19/2012

I recently got married in Mammoth, but live in LA. I was searching the internet and asking my other vendors in Mammoth for hair recommendations and all of them said Carrie. We hit it off right away at my hair trial. She was charismatic, funny, sweet and talented. She had great input, listened to all my ideas, and was willing to play until we found the perfect look. On my wedding day, myself, 6 bridesmaids and my mom all got their hair done by Carrie and she was fantastic. Not only was the environment fun and relaxing, but Carrie was a trooper (some of my girlies were picky). My hair was perfect and lasted all night. Through wind and dancing it looked gorgeous!

Joanna · Married on 07/28/2012

Wow! Words cannot express my gratitude for the wonderful services you provided to ensure everyone in my bridal party, including myself, looked nothing short of amazing on my wedding day. You both are such wonderful artists and transformed all of us! I still cannot believe how amazing everybody looked at the wedding, and that is all because of you guys! Having you both there literally melted away all my stress on my big day. Thank you for being so accommodating, professional and awesome to work with.Thank you especially for taking in the extra work on such short notice. We were not sure whether Grandma would make it up until last minute, and when she did, I was thrilled. Thank you for making her feel special. I will be recommending your services to everyone I know! I will send you pictures as soon as the photographer gets them to me.

Kim · event on: 07/02/2017

To be honest, there's nothing I like better than playing beauty parlor. And Carrie definitely doesn't disappoint! She's thorough, patient and -- most important to me -- asks LOTS of questions before you've even got a cape on. We're in the process of making me the blonde I was as a baby and my hair seriously looks and feels like we haven't treated it at all -- so healthy! She's hyper talented and funny, which makes the time in the chair whizz by, and the cherry on top is the scalp massage you get with the shampoo. Makes me feel like a pretty, pretty princess every time! I've seen cuts she's done on friends here in town and they're all different and suit those people -- definitely NOT an "in the box" stylist!

Jennifer · Married on 05/25/2008

3.5

Carrie showed up on time and did a good job on my make up for my brothers wedding