GypsyEyeMakeup Reviews

GypsyEyeMakeup 6
GypsyEyeMakeup 7
  • Brittany

Brittany Duff · Married on 07/19/2019

We need more people like her

Susanne from gypsy eye makeup was literally the best choice I made out of all people I had to be a part of my special day! She was such a great soul to be around from the consultation to the wedding day not only does her work light up a room but her amazing self does as well !! She not only thought about me the day of my wedding but everyone (flower girls ,bridesmaids, my mother) she came across ! My lashes lasted all night and would of the next day if I kept them on she ..felt like I've known her forever and have been telling everyone I come across about her..true artist and amazing person!!

Sent on 08/05/2019

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Brittany, you and your family were a dream for me to work with! Thanks to all of you for being so welcoming! I really enjoyed the day and felt like part of your crew! I wish you, Carlos and both families a lifetime of love and laughs! I hope we cross paths again! All the best! Susanne
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/01/2019

A royal job done well for a very happy fairy queen

I has a wonderful experience getting my makeup done by Susanne. I am a novice with makeup so I elected to hire a professional, and I couldn't be more pleased with how it came out. She was a dream to work from day 1. On the day of the wedding about 10 women were running around my house. She was extremely neat and considerate and took me to a corner in front of the window for natural light, and she was calm and graceful amongst the chaos. Susanne is extremely professional, uses cruelty free makeup, mine was sensitive and safe for my contact lenses. She was considerate of all my concerns and needs, and she took scrupulous notes during the makeup trial (I'm so glad I did a trial, because I'm pretty type-A and wanted everything to be planned ahead of time). My makeup on the day of was magical, looks really great in the photos.
    Our theme was A Midsummer Night's Dream with elements from LOTR, and I felt just like a magical forest creature out of fantasy, and yet still looked like ME, just natural enough, like I asked for. I highly recommend Susanne, especially to anyone who is hesitant about getting makeup done for the first time. I have really sensitive skin and had a stress induced rash on my face the day of the wedding. She covered it beautifully and my skin wasn't bothered at all, in fact the rash went away the same day. During both the trial and the wedding day my skin tolerated the makeup well.
    Thank you, Susanne!
    I'll post more when I have the professional photos.

Sent on 06/16/2019
    GypsyEyeMakeup 10
    GypsyEyeMakeup 11

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Oh my fairy queen, thank you so much for being you! 🧚‍♀️👸🏻 You were an absolute dream to work with and I’m so glad we met. I’m thrilled you were pleased with your makeup and everyone at your house was super cool, I felt right at home. I wish you, your King and your kingdom a long and happy marriage full of love and laughs. I can’t wait to see more pics! 🎉 You were stunning! All the best always! Thank you! Your favorite Gypsy 😂🎉

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2018

Susanne did my wedding party this past Sunday and she did absolutely fabulous makeup! I highly recommend her! All my girls were so Beautiful

Sent on 10/10/2018
    GypsyEyeMakeup 12

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you, Stephanie! It was such a great day with everyone! All the best for a long and happy marriage!
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/15/2018

Bride & MOH

Besides Susanne having an amazing personality and making everything easy day of the wedding. My make up came out stunning. I don’t wear very much make up to begin with, so I asked for the natural look. And that’s exactly what she did.

Sent on 01/22/2019
    GypsyEyeMakeup 13
    GypsyEyeMakeup 14

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you so much! You were both a joy to work with, I’m so glad you found me.😊 All the best always!
    Sincerely, Susanne
  • Justine

Justine Ramsey · Married on 07/27/2018

Highly Recommend

I am so glad I went with Gypsy Eye! Susanne was so great! She was fun to work with and be around she had a lot of energy and absolutely loves what she does! I was definitely nervous about my makeup mainly because I have only had my makeup done once before and it wasn't so good. Susanne took time and didn't rush and made sure I looked natural but wedding day ready! She definitely made me feel like a beautiful bride. I would highly recommend Gypsy Eye Makeup for your special day!

Sent on 11/18/2018

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thanks so much for this, Justine! It was a great day with great people! All the best for a long and happy marriage. :)
    xoxo Susanne

Susan Leeper · Married on 07/27/2018

Mother of bride

I was thrilled with my make up! Very natural, yet super attractive, very professional , and fun! I would completely recommend this artist!

Sent on 11/18/2018

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you so much, Susan, it was my absolute pleasure meeting your great family and friends. :) I wish both families a lifetime of love and laughs. All the best! Susanne

Joanie · Married on 06/16/2018

Susanne Ricardo from Gypsy Eye Makeup is such a pleasure to work with. She does great work and has such a comforting presence, which is HUGE on your big day. Myself as well as my bridesmaids wear very little makeup on a regular basis, so Susanne was very attentive to this and made sure that each of us felt comfortable with how much and what type of makeup we were wearing. She uses cruelty-free makeup, which is a big plus. Susanne was very willing to put a lot of time and effort into each bridal party member's face (not just the bride's), and she was incredibly prepared. She even brings a pop-up makeup chair with her, along with some altoids! If you have a makeup trial done with her, she will take thorough notes about what items and products she used on you, so that you both are not wasting time trying to remember on the big day! Susanne is also willing to travel to many on-site locations on Cape Cod, which is incredibly convenient for the bridal party. I would hire Susanne for every formal event I went to if I lived closer to the Cape!

Sent on 06/20/2018

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Joanie, thank you so much for writing this so quickly! You, your family and friends were a joy to work with and as we talked about, getting close to people's faces means altoids are a must! haha I wish you, Sean and both families a lifetime of love and laughs. I hope we have a reason to cross paths again someday. :) Sincere thanks again! Susanne

Abigail · Married on 05/26/2018

I booked Susanne several months ago for my Memorial Day weekend wedding down the cape and she was AMAZING! Going with her was the absolute best and she ensured a stress free wedding day that I thought would be impossible, especially with a bridal party of 8 all of who got their makeup done. She is extremely personable, organized, and attentive to every single detail. At the trial she helped me feel at ease and make sure everything was exactly how I was hoping. She then outdid herself day of. My mom had liked one of the signs at her house and Susanne was so thoughtful she even bought the sign and brought it day off to my mom as a gift. She is absolutely amazing and I cannot thank her enough or give her a higher recommendation!!!

Sent on 05/30/2017

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thanks, Abby! It was absolutely my pleasure. :)What a great group of family and friends you have! The hair team, my assistant and I all had such a great day! I hope you, your new husband, your family and your in-laws all have a wonderful future together! Sincerely, Susanne
  • User6788338 · 1+ year ago

I've had my make-up done by Susanne countless times. She's super professional and makes her clients feel über comfortable. I typically ask for a natural look but have never regretted asking for a more glam/colorful look. Susanne is a wicked fun person and her delivery is just that, fun!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Thank youuuu!

Kate · Married on 11/11/2017

My cousin used Suzanne for her wedding this past November and I found her to be a great stylist and an overall joy to work with. She was all of the things you want in a stylist for a special day: skilled, professional, knowledgeable and loads of fun! She took as much time as she needed; which varied person to person. And she strived to ensure that no one individual felt rushed or unhappy with the services they received. You could also tell that she used high quality products because I have sensitive skin and I didn’t have any breakouts or skin issues what so ever. So, if you’re looking for a great stylist for a special event, I would highly recommend Suzanne!

Sent on 12/26/2017

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you so much, Kate! It was so great meeting you, it was such a great day. Best of luck with the new baby and kiss NYC for me! I hope we cross paths again, all the best! Sincerely- Susanne :)

Brianna · Married on 11/11/2017

I cannot say enough about Susanne, she is absolutely amazing. The whole experience of working with her was nothing short of phenomenal. Susanne is very professional, helpful and fun! She listened to what I wanted and produced a look I was over-the-Moon with. The trial, the day of, every point of working with her for my wedding was perfect. Getting ready the morning of was relaxing, and felt like we were all just hanging out. I felt so beautiful and I elegant, I cannot thank Susanne enough. Would highly recommend, hands down the best !

Sent on 12/17/2017

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you, Brianna! You, your family and friends were an absolute joy to work with! The hair team and I had a great great day! We wish you, Mike and both families a long happy marriage full of love and laughs!

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

Suzanne did the makeup for myself and 4 of my bridesmaids for my July 2017 wedding. She was AMAZING. She was so organized, professional, punctual, everything you could ever need/want for your makeup artist. She was so easy to get along with and all of my bridesmaids loved her. She is super professional and has everything ready to go on time! All of our make-up looked amazing, nothing too dramatic or overdone, just natural with a little pop (if that's what you want!). And even better, the make-up lasted alllll night (didn't get to my hotel until 2:00am, still looked perfect!). Thank you so much Suzanne for helping to make my wedding day as spectacular as it was. You were wonderful!

Sent on 08/21/2017

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you, Emily!!!! I had such a great day with you, your bridesmaids and adorable puppy Max! You were all so welcoming and I had such a great day!
    I wish you, your new husband and both families a long and happy marriage! ( I'll see you in Stop&Shop! hahahahaha) All the Best! - Susanne

Meghan · Married on 09/10/2017

Gypsy eye makeup was the best makeup I have ever had done. I have fair skin with freckles and every time I get makeup done I hate it because they cover the freckles and I don't look like myself. The makeup artist made sure to keep my freckles and just even out my skin and the eyes looked amazing. first time I have loved my makeup being done would totally recommend to anyone.

Sent on 09/11/2017

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you, Meghan! I'm so glad you were happy with the makeup and I hope you had the best night at your brother's wedding!

Leah · Married on 09/10/2017

Susanne was our makeup artist for my beach wedding this past weekend. I couldn't have asked for anyone better. Her personality made me feel completely at ease with wedding day nerves. Most importantly she is extremely talented and everyone absolutely loved her natural and beautiful artistic makeup style. She is truly an artist and a thoughtful and fun person. You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 09/13/2017

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you, Leah, it was a great day! I wish you, your new husband and both families a long and happy marriage full of love and laughs! All the best in all you do!

Ron · Married on 09/03/2017

Working with Susanne was a wonderful experience for me. Susanne has a very classic style, and I really appreciated her focus on making the bride's experience as stress-less and fun as possible. We had a great time meeting with her before the wedding to talk about her methods and style and how the day would go. I prefer a more natural style, and Susanne made sure to accommodate my wishes in her work. My makeup looked great the day of the wedding, and I had a great time working with Susanne! - Jaynellen

Sent on 01/18/2018

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you, Jaynellen and Ron! It was one of my favorite weddings of the year. Such a great day with great people. I wish you and both families a long and happy marriage. All the best in all you do! Sincerely- Susanne

Stephanie · Married on 07/30/2017

Choosing Susanne was such a great decision. Susanne immediately ensures the whole process is enjoyable, organized, and laid back (while ensuring attention to every detail). She immediately is able to connect with all of the wedding party people who have all different personalities to ensure their experience is individualized. This experience was such an amazing one and I am thankful to have Susanne's expertise with everything. I cannot recommend reaching out to Susanne enough! It is a decision that will leave you with even fonder memories for whatever event you are planning for.

Sent on 08/13/2017

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you so much! It was an absolute joy working with you all, I wish you a long and happy marriage full of love and laughs. It was a great day! :)

I have used Susanne a couple of times and will definitely use her again. So glad I found her. She does a great job and listens to what you want. She is very professional, punctual, talented and knowledgeable. Her easy going personality get along with all

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this! Call me any time for your makeup needs and questions! :)

Nicole · Married on 11/19/2016

Always does such a great job, I can always trust Susanne to do an excellent job. Did my makeup when I was in a friend's wedding and it came out perfect!

Sent on 06/03/2016

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you, Nicole! Always my pleasure! Call me anytime!

Jen · Married on 09/25/2016

Susanne came highly recommended to me by the Popponesset Inn of New Seabury, and what a great recommendation it was! Planning a wedding from across the country was not easy, and Susanne immediately put me at ease. She was warm, attentive, clear, and informative (and this was what I thought before even meeting her). Once we connected for my make-up trial, I was even more impressed. She was welcoming, genuine, and made me laugh. I was impressed with all of her thoughtful questions and the way she truly wanted to get to know me before she even began her work. Susanne was able to help me become the very best version of myself. On my wedding day, our entire wedding party was so pleased with her attention to detail, care, and versatile style. Not only was Susanne's work phenomenal, but she added "fun" to the day. It wouldn't have been the same without her humor, energy, and good spirits. She helped make my day so memorable with her level of professionalism and genuine love for her clients and job. I recommend Susanne without reservation!

Sent on 10/17/2016

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you for this beautiful review, Jen. You and your bridesmaids and family were an absolute joy to work with. I am so glad you found me and I had so much fun with your great group! Everyone was so welcoming and nice, I felt like I knew you all for years and Cori had a great day too. :) I'm so glad you had a great wedding day and I wish you the best of luck for a long happy future with your new husband. If you or anyone you know need a makeup artist in the future don't hesitate to contact me, I would love to work with any of you again! Best of Luck! Thank you! Susanne
  • W

Wendy · Married on 09/23/2016

Susanne was amazing! We booked her from California to do makeup for originally a wedding party of seven. A few weeks before the wedding we needed eight. No problem, Susanne handled it. From the moment I talked to Susanne until we met she was personable, kind, and flexible. She was quick to respond, On Time, and did beautiful work! The whole wedding party looked stunning! Susanne was even able to schedule a make up and hair trial two days before the wedding since we were coming from California for the wedding on Cape Cod. She had a beautiful setup in her home with drinks and treats. Susanne even recommended a hair stylist, Cori Johnson, who did our hair. This was a great choice too! Another impressive quality about Susanne is that she traveled to our location the week before to make sure she knew how to get there! I just can't emphasize enough about what a fabulous job Susanne does along with her sweet personality! It made our wedding a success and memorable morning of preparation!

Sent on 09/26/2016

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review, Wendy. It was absolutely my pleasure. Starting a new business can be tough and after 15 years in corporate cosmetics it's important to me that it's done right! I feel so lucky that great people like you, your family and friends have come my way. Everyone was so fun to work with. I'm so glad you were happy with my work and I wish you, Kirstyn and both of your families all the best for a very happy future! Thank you!

Kirstyn · Married on 09/23/2016

Not only did my makeup, my bridesmaids' makeup, and my mother and mother-in-laws' makeup all look beautiful but the makeup lasted through the night! The makeup looked great in my wedding photos and I feel so blessed that we chose Susanne! She was very accommodating to any tweaks I wanted to make and provided excellent advice. She definitely went above and beyond by providing me with all kinds of helpful hints for my honeymoon in Ireland! She was also extremely fun to work with and I'm so glad that I met her. Susanne truly loves and takes pride in her job and it shows through in her work!

Sent on 11/15/2016

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write this, Kirstyn! It was a great day with great people! So glad you found me. Best of Luck to you, your family and your new in-laws for a wonderful future! Cheers! xoxo

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/14/2016

Susanne did an incredible job making our bridal party look AMAZING--I was so impressed with how she took into account our hair, bridesmaid dresses and how we'd look in pictures when doing our make up. Plus she's absolutely hilarious! I'd recommend her for any occasion. She's a true professional. Thank you Susanne!

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you, Kaitlyn! What a great group! It was so fun talking to you, it really made me miss my NYC/New Jersey days! It was such a pleasure meeting you and the other girls. I hope the wedding was a blast!
    I wish you the best of luck in all you do! I hope we cross paths again in the future. :) xoxo

Nicole · Married on 05/07/2016

I recently got married and Susanne was absolutely fantastic to me and my entire bridal party. She had my mom and I over for a trial before the wedding and she had set up biscotti and tea and made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in. She was very flexible and did the bridal party's makeup at a house we were renting. She also recommended a hair dresser that also rocked. She is a wonderful person to be around, but what is most important is this woman knows makeup. Susanne made each girl look wonderful and really took the time to pick the right makeup for each girl (all while getting us done on schedule and on time!) I'm very happy to have chosen Susanne for our wedding and I would highly recommend her to any bride or person looking to have their makeup done!

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you for the beautiful review, Nicole! I had a great day with you and your Mom, mother-in-law and bridesmaids. Thanks for taking the time to write this and I'm so glad you were happy with my work. :)
    All the best to you and your husband for a great marriage! Thanks again! xoxoxo

Susanne is the best!! She is engaging and makes having your makeup done a fun experience. She is great with everything from a casual look to a dramatic look - whatever you need.

Sent on 06/08/2016

GypsyEyeMakeup's reply:

Thank you, Susan! Call me anytime you need a makeup artist! All the best for your future!