Gourmet Gourmet Catering Reviews

Gourmet Gourmet Catering 1
Gourmet Gourmet Catering 2
Gourmet Gourmet Catering 3

Emi · Married on 10/28/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Vanessa and Gourmet Gourmet Catering for our October 2017 wedding at the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden in Claremont. When selecting our venue in the preceding March, we immediately appreciated Vanessa’s calm and thorough manner as she provided a detailed overview (but not a high-pressure hard sell) of what her catering services would involve. The lovely venue itself, ability to customize, and pricing (inclusive of the cake, ceremony and centerpiece flowers, linens, etc.) quickly won us over. In the ensuing seven months up to our wedding, we found Vanessa to be very responsive, informative, and cheerful with our questions and ideas for our ceremony and reception. On event-day, she implemented even our little details, and from much experience, had the catering fully under control.

We suggest that the add-on for the day-of coordinator for the ceremony should not be seen as optional. We were grateful that we used Vanessa’s vendor, Angie, as we’re not sure how we would have otherwise managed the ceremony schedule. Vanessa could also have filled us in a bit more in advance on the botanic garden staff and the excellent job they would do shuttling the guests on the tram; we thought that there were some gaps in logistics that turned out to be more than covered.

Altogether, we had a most positive experience with Vanessa, and highly recommend her and the Gourmet Gourmet crew.

Sent on 02/21/2018
    Gourmet Gourmet Catering 4
    Gourmet Gourmet Catering 5
    Gourmet Gourmet Catering 6

christina · Married on 08/18/2017

Gourmet Gourmet did a phenomenal job at my wedding. Aubrey is the best. Her wedding coordinator services came with the catering contract and she is literally a Godsend. You could trust her with your life. She's incredibly organized and detail oriented, and prompt at responding to emails and texts. She's very chill and never showed any outward signs of stress, which helped me feel calm amidst all the wedding planning. We got many compliments from the guests regarding the food. As the bride and groom, we loved the food too! The GG office has tastings which let you choose your menu how you like. GG provides any and all rentals needed, but are also flexible if you decide to use your own rentals. We rented the ceremony chairs, a few table cloths from GG, and table settings; the linens were a little pricey but were high quality. We went to downtown LA for the majority of the linens. The staff on the day of our wedding was wonderful, super hard working. The cake is included in the GG contract. They have a local bakery for the cake/desserts-- we just had to go to a cake-tasting and let the bakery know what we wanted. They also provide staff and bartenders if needed. If we had to start over we would choose GG and Aubrey all over again. We can't thank GG enough for her help with the wedding.

Sent on 09/04/2017

Patrice · Married on 07/17/2015

The wedding was absolutely breathtaking. EVERYTHING we wanted (and more!). We were beyond pleased with the outcome, the professionalism, and the organization of Gourmet Gourmet.

Sent on 08/13/2015

Vanessa at Gourmet Gourmet was so great to work with. She not only helped with the catering aspect of the wedding, but she also referred me to two other vendors whom I was extremely happy with (Iron Hearts Imports, Florist and Ultimate Music Entertainment, Lighting). She helped created the ambiance that I desired and helped me figure out the perfect layout for a quirky venue shape. The food was amazing, we had so many people rave about the delicious food - many said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. The staff was very attentive to my husband and I AND all of our guests. While we were taking pictures a server brought over a platter of hor de vours for us and the photographers along with some ice water, which was fabulous on an extremely hot day. Everyone remarked that the servers were very attentive to the tables - clearing plates quickly, filling up glasses, very polite. Overall, I believe that Gourmet Gourmet was integral in making our wedding so fantastic and I would absolutely refer their services to anyone.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Katrina · Married on 01/10/2015

I'm not sure why my previous review did not show up. Anyways, I will definitely take the time to write another one. Vanessa and the entire team at Gourmet Gourmet were fabulous, outstanding, phenomenal, you name it. Our wedding reception was a dream come true. Everything looked absolutely beautiful. Lots of our guests couldn't stop talking about the delicious food and gorgeous venue. I would definitely recommend them to future brides and grooms! You will not be disappointed! Trust me....I'm extremely picky. :)

Sent on 11/11/2015

Teresa · Married on 11/22/2014

Gourmet Gourmet did an amazing job setting up and catering our wedding. The fact that they took care of the food, center pieces, ceremony set up and even the cake was incredible for the price. We got so many compliments about the food from our guests. They made our special day perfect!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Amanda · Married on 09/07/2014

The staff at Gourmet Gourmet is highly professional and very friendly. They made the process very easy, telling me what the steps were going to be for my event, and during our initial meeting, they sat down with me and patiently went over many details that I hadnt even thought of. I left feeling very relieved and like a big weight was off my shoulders because I felt well cared for. The day of the event was very magical and I was so impressed by how organized they were. I would highly recommend them to friends and family!

Sent on 12/18/2014

Vanessa and Gourmet Gourmet were great. Vanessa is extremely detail oriented and wanted to make sure everything was perfect for us. She even went out of her way to find the exact perfect color of napkins. She was also flexible with the food choices. The food was delicious and everything came out perfect. We would highly recommend Vanessa and Gourmet Gourmet.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Our wedding at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden was beautiful and Vanessa brought everything together, even with a last minute change due to rain. The food was incredible! We used Gourmet Gourmet's preferred vendors for flowers, cake, DJ, photography, and clergy and all were wonderful. I highly recommend Gourmet Gourmet and Vanessa.

Sent on 12/17/2014

Sandra · Married on 04/26/2014

Love Gourmet Gourmet!!! I never once worked about there services. They made everything so easy for me and made he entire process stress free. They made my day perfect by getting everything done on time and never once did they bother me, my husband or parents . Would use them again for another event in a heart beat!

Sent on 12/17/2014
  • User4082035 · 2+ years ago

Everyone was too busy eating during cocktail hour and the late night snack that none of my foodie friends took photos of the food. No one left hungry. The top 3 things the guests were most impressed with were: 1) mashed potato bar (which led to stains on a bridesmaid dress... at least it was post-ceremony and dark by then), 2) the late night snacks, and 3) the fact everyone was able to have beef AND fish and did not have to choose.

Aubrey was a consummate professional, worked well with my vendors, was an organized leader during the event, and was easy to correspond with. My venue, the Pacific Asia Museum is asymmetrical (there are trees and koi ponds) with uneven ground and Aubrey was able to work her magic and figure out a seating chart.

We also used Gourmet Gourmet for rentals (tables, chairs, linens, flatware, glassware, heat lamps, etc). The staff did an amazing job flipping the courtyard space from ceremony to reception during cocktail hour. Every request we made (there were only a few) was met with an immediate and timely response.

One of my favorite moments from the wedding was during dinner. My now husband and I went upstairs to change and asked a member of the waitstaff if she would mind bringing us our entrees. She was gracious, congratulated us, and thanked us for allowing her to be part of our special day. Thoroughly impressed with the attention to detail and level of service.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Sarah · Married on 01/11/2014

I recently just got married on January 11,2014 and we used Gourmet Gourmet Catering in Upland Ca. From the very begginning of the planning process they have been nothing but outstanding! They held a tasting for us to attend and the food was just as incredible at the tasting as it was on our special day! I am still getting phone calls from friends and family raving about the food and service! The entire staff is beyond professional and they definitley go above and beyond for their clients! Gourmet Gourmet will be our go to Full Service Caterer's for a very long time!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Vanessa (our Gourmet Gourmet rep) was extremely helpful and very professional. Our wedding wouldn't b what it was if it wasn't for the wonderful and excellent service that she provided and the Gourmet Gourmet team. Everything turned out great. The quality of the products, food, service and the venue was just astonishing and my wife and I wouldn't trade her and her team for any other company. Overall, we are very pleased with how everything turned out and would definitely and personally vouch for their service. Highly recommended.

Sent on 01/22/2014

Rebekah · Married on 07/20/2013

Gourmet gourmet was simply amazing. They were so helpful with the planning and when it came time for our big day gourmet gourmet handled everything so great. From table set up to after diner clean up everything was so perfect. Amazing and helpful staff. Would recommend without a doubt

Sent on 07/24/2013

Karli · Married on 06/28/2013

Vanessa and her team at Gourmet Gourmet are fantastic. They are not just a catering company, they also take care of coordinating the wedding, and are the only option to use at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens. At first, when I found out we would not have a choice, I was hesitant to use the Gardens. After meeting with Vanessa and Aubrey, though, I knew it was the right choice. The food at Gourmet Gourmet is delicious - we got so many compliments on it, and all of their help with the planning process was much appreciated. Their professionalism and efficiency are impressive, and they truly made my wedding day everything I could have hoped for!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Sherry · Married on 11/10/2012

Everyone went over and beyond our expectations. They made my wedding vision truly come to life. We had so many ups and downs in the planning process and Gourmet Gourmet did everything to make sure we were well taken care. Food was Phenomenal and service was top notch.

Sent on 11/23/2012

Laureen · Married on 08/10/2012

Excellent everything. I cannot say enough about Gourmet Gourmet. I recommend them and their vendors.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Kayla · Married on 08/03/2012

I LOVE Vanessa and the whole crew at Gourmet Gourmet. Thank you for our amazing wedding! It was like a fairytale dream because of you!

Best,
    Kayla and Eric Campa

Sent on 09/15/2012

Gourmet Gourmet Catering's reply:

Awww thanks Kayla you are so sweet. I wish you and Eric the best!

-Vanessa
  • Laleh

Laleh · Married on 07/14/2012

Aubrey and Gourmet Gourmet Catering are outstanding!! They catered our reception and the food was amazing! Aubrey helped us through the entire planning process and was extremely helpful. She answered every question immediately and had excellent ideas throughout it all. She was also our day of coordinator and I could not have been happier. She made sure everything went smoothly and did not miss a beat! I would definitely recommend Aubrey and Gourmet Gourmet Catering!

Sent on 07/24/2012

Samantha · Married on 04/27/2012

What can I say about this company!? The service was incredible! Our wedding coordinators were there every step of the way and always patient and quick to respond to any and all questions! If you're looking for a place that does it all, this is it. They deal with most vendors so all you have to do is make the design decisions! Gourmet Gourmet Catering and there staff are amazing! Highly recommend setting up a meeting with them for your special day!

Sent on 05/01/2012

Sandy · Married on 03/31/2012

The food was amazing. The staff was professional and courteous, but not stuffy or arrogant. Aubrey was terrific at organizing every little detail. We had a backyard reception and it couldn't have been better!

Sent on 04/10/2012

Jessica · Married on 03/17/2012

Food was wonderful! Guests kept coming coming up to me weeks after the wedding to say how good the food was. Service was wonderful. Waiters were very attentive. Also everything was laid out exactly how I wanted from the candy buffet to the table settings. Would definitely choose this company if I were to do it all over again :)

Sent on 04/09/2012

Melissa · Married on 07/24/2011

I got married six months ago… and people are STILL talking about the food and complimenting the caterer. Gourmet Gourmet truly did an incredible job. I was very nervous, as we were having a destination wedding to Southern California so we didn't have the chance to taste the food ahead of time. However, working with Aubrey alleviated my fears. She was just so organized and answered all my (countless!) questions very quickly. She never made me feel like I was asking too many questions, or like I was being a bother (though I'm sure I was!). She made everything as transparent as possible, and I was never hit with any additional costs that she hadn't already made me aware of.

Everything was just beautiful. The setups were gorgeous, and the food was delicious. My husband and I still talk about the lamb hors d'oeuvre (we both regret that we didn't track down an entire tray and keep it for ourselves! It was that good). Afterward, they cleaned everything up and even sent the leftover cake and a huge flower display to our hotel room.

Like I said, I worked with Aubrey mostly, though I worked with Vanessa as well during the final weeks. They were both wonderful, and so nice! I'm not easily impressed by people's work performance, but I was so impressed by both Aubrey and Vanessa.

My wedding was gorgeous, in a large part due to Gourmet Gourmet. They were just incredible.

Sent on 02/03/2012

Serina · Married on 06/25/2011

My husband and I just got married on June 25, 2011. Working with Aubrey was so amazing and stress free. She is very patience and made our dream come true. Our reception was gorgeous and the food was delicious. I highly recommend working with GG Catering.

Sent on 07/21/2011

Elaine · Married on 04/23/2011

Vanessa and the Gourmet Gourmet team was just so great from day one of planning to our wedding day. They were so helpful and made sure that everything was the way that we wanted it to be. Not just that but we were offered such a good deal for their services. They were such a huge part in making our wedding day so special for us.

Sent on 07/20/2011