36 Reviews for Gourmet Gourmet Catering

Buffet (1)
American (1)
Vegetarian (1)
36 Gourmet Gourmet Catering Reviews

We had the pleasure of working with Vanessa and Gourmet Gourmet Catering for our October 2017 wedding at the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden in Claremont. When selecting our venue in the preceding March, we immediately appreciated Vanessa’s calm and thorough manner as she provided a detailed overview (but not a high-pressure hard sell) of what her catering services would involve. The lovely venue itself, ability to customize, and pricing (inclusive of the cake, ceremony and centerpiece flowers, linens, etc.) quickly won us over. In the ensuing seven months up to our wedding, we found Vanessa to be very responsive, informative, and cheerful with our questions and ideas for our ceremony and reception. On event-day, she implemented even our little details, and from much experience, had the catering fully under control.

We suggest that the add-on for the day-of coordinator for the ceremony should not be seen as optional. We were grateful that we used Vanessa’s vendor, Angie, as we’re not sure how we would have otherwise managed the ceremony schedule. Vanessa could also have filled us in a bit more in advance on the botanic garden staff and the excellent job they would do shuttling the guests on the tram; we thought that there were some gaps in logistics that turned out to be more than covered.

Altogether, we had a most positive experience with Vanessa, and highly recommend her and the Gourmet Gourmet crew.

Profile Picture Emi, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated

Gourmet Gourmet did a phenomenal job at my wedding. Aubrey is the best. Her wedding coordinator services came with the catering contract and she is literally a Godsend. You could trust her with your life. She's incredibly organized and detail oriented, and prompt at responding to emails and texts. She's very chill and never showed any outward signs of stress, which helped me feel calm amidst all the wedding planning. We got many compliments from the guests regarding the food. As the bride and groom, we loved the food too! The GG office has tastings which let you choose your menu how you like. GG provides any and all rentals needed, but are also flexible if you decide to use your own rentals. We rented the ceremony chairs, a few table cloths from GG, and table settings; the linens were a little pricey but were high quality. We went to downtown LA for the majority of the linens. The staff on the day of our wedding was wonderful, super hard working. The cake is included in the GG contract. They have a local bakery for the cake/desserts-- we just had to go to a cake-tasting and let the bakery know what we wanted. They also provide staff and bartenders if needed. If we had to start over we would choose GG and Aubrey all over again. We can't thank GG enough for her help with the wedding.

Profile Picture christina, 8/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Vegetarian

The wedding was absolutely breathtaking. EVERYTHING we wanted (and more!). We were beyond pleased with the outcome, the professionalism, and the organization of Gourmet Gourmet.

Profile Picture Patrice, 7/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Wedding Cake

Vanessa at Gourmet Gourmet was so great to work with. She not only helped with the catering aspect of the wedding, but she also referred me to two other vendors whom I was extremely happy with (Iron Hearts Imports, Florist and Ultimate Music Entertainment, Lighting). She helped created the ambiance that I desired and helped me figure out the perfect layout for a quirky venue shape. The food was amazing, we had so many people rave about the delicious food - many said it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. The staff was very attentive to my husband and I AND all of our guests. While we were taking pictures a server brought over a platter of hor de vours for us and the photographers along with some ice water, which was fabulous on an extremely hot day. Everyone remarked that the servers were very attentive to the tables - clearing plates quickly, filling up glasses, very polite. Overall, I believe that Gourmet Gourmet was integral in making our wedding so fantastic and I would absolutely refer their services to anyone.

Profile Picture User5346834, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I'm not sure why my previous review did not show up. Anyways, I will definitely take the time to write another one. Vanessa and the entire team at Gourmet Gourmet were fabulous, outstanding, phenomenal, you name it. Our wedding reception was a dream come true. Everything looked absolutely beautiful. Lots of our guests couldn't stop talking about the delicious food and gorgeous venue. I would definitely recommend them to future brides and grooms! You will not be disappointed! Trust me....I'm extremely picky. :)

Profile Picture Katrina, 1/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake

Gourmet Gourmet did an amazing job setting up and catering our wedding. The fact that they took care of the food, center pieces, ceremony set up and even the cake was incredible for the price. We got so many compliments about the food from our guests. They made our special day perfect!

Profile Picture Teresa, 11/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The staff at Gourmet Gourmet is highly professional and very friendly. They made the process very easy, telling me what the steps were going to be for my event, and during our initial meeting, they sat down with me and patiently went over many details that I hadnt even thought of. I left feeling very relieved and like a big weight was off my shoulders because I felt well cared for. The day of the event was very magical and I was so impressed by how organized they were. I would highly recommend them to friends and family!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/7/14, 1 Review
4.3

The food at our wedding was amazing. People still comment about how great the food was. The servers were very polite and really helpful. It was a pleasure working with the GG team.
Gourmet Gourmet was a one stop shop for us. They provided us with the tables, chairs, linen, dance floor and the food. It was a pleasure working with Vanessa; she made good suggestions and was very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Deepti , 8/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Vanessa and Gourmet Gourmet were great. Vanessa is extremely detail oriented and wanted to make sure everything was perfect for us. She even went out of her way to find the exact perfect color of napkins. She was also flexible with the food choices. The food was delicious and everything came out perfect. We would highly recommend Vanessa and Gourmet Gourmet.

Profile Picture User4738932, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Our wedding at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden was beautiful and Vanessa brought everything together, even with a last minute change due to rain. The food was incredible! We used Gourmet Gourmet's preferred vendors for flowers, cake, DJ, photography, and clergy and all were wonderful. I highly recommend Gourmet Gourmet and Vanessa.

Profile Picture User4616729, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Love Gourmet Gourmet!!! I never once worked about there services. They made everything so easy for me and made he entire process stress free. They made my day perfect by getting everything done on time and never once did they bother me, my husband or parents . Would use them again for another event in a heart beat!

Profile Picture Sandra, 4/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Everyone was too busy eating during cocktail hour and the late night snack that none of my foodie friends took photos of the food. No one left hungry. The top 3 things the guests were most impressed with were: 1) mashed potato bar (which led to stains on a bridesmaid dress... at least it was post-ceremony and dark by then), 2) the late night snacks, and 3) the fact everyone was able to have beef AND fish and did not have to choose.

Aubrey was a consummate professional, worked well with my vendors, was an organized leader during the event, and was easy to correspond with. My venue, the Pacific Asia Museum is asymmetrical (there are trees and koi ponds) with uneven ground and Aubrey was able to work her magic and figure out a seating chart.

We also used Gourmet Gourmet for rentals (tables, chairs, linens, flatware, glassware, heat lamps, etc). The staff did an amazing job flipping the courtyard space from ceremony to reception during cocktail hour. Every request we made (there were only a few) was met with an immediate and timely response.

One of my favorite moments from the wedding was during dinner. My now husband and I went upstairs to change and asked a member of the waitstaff if she would mind bringing us our entrees. She was gracious, congratulated us, and thanked us for allowing her to be part of our special day. Thoroughly impressed with the attention to detail and level of service.

Profile Picture User4082035, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

I recently just got married on January 11,2014 and we used Gourmet Gourmet Catering in Upland Ca. From the very begginning of the planning process they have been nothing but outstanding! They held a tasting for us to attend and the food was just as incredible at the tasting as it was on our special day! I am still getting phone calls from friends and family raving about the food and service! The entire staff is beyond professional and they definitley go above and beyond for their clients! Gourmet Gourmet will be our go to Full Service Caterer's for a very long time!

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/11/14, 1 Review
4.7

My daughter's wedding was perfect. We chose this caterer/venue because it was a total package. While this could have been problematic, it was not. Having everything provided by one caterer was a great way to go and our work was minimal. The food was delicious and I would have chosen it anyway. We had an opportunity to taste ahead of time. It was not run of the mill, but very smart. The venue is casual and suited us perfectly. The caterers were very helpful to all requests. Sometimes it was difficult to contact them, which is why I marked less than 5 stars, but they always did get to us within a couple of days. The two women who we worked with, Aubrey and Vanessa, were very calm and reassuring, always with a "can do" attitude.

We should have had a wedding planner for the day of the event to cue everyone what to do. I thought I could easily do it, but that part turned out to be awkward and a little difficult. (I am mother of the bride) It would have also been nice to know about the garden helpers who assisted on the day of the wedding. One thing I did not like was that the tram did a sightseeing tour on the way to the venue, causing many guests to be late to the ceremony. It wasnt that bad, but had I known it was happening, I would have asked to speed things up.

Overall, I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture Nancy, 10/25/13, 1 Review

Vanessa (our Gourmet Gourmet rep) was extremely helpful and very professional. Our wedding wouldn't b what it was if it wasn't for the wonderful and excellent service that she provided and the Gourmet Gourmet team. Everything turned out great. The quality of the products, food, service and the venue was just astonishing and my wife and I wouldn't trade her and her team for any other company. Overall, we are very pleased with how everything turned out and would definitely and personally vouch for their service. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture User3840723, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Gourmet gourmet was simply amazing. They were so helpful with the planning and when it came time for our big day gourmet gourmet handled everything so great. From table set up to after diner clean up everything was so perfect. Amazing and helpful staff. Would recommend without a doubt

Profile Picture Rebekah, 7/20/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Vanessa and her team at Gourmet Gourmet are fantastic. They are not just a catering company, they also take care of coordinating the wedding, and are the only option to use at Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Gardens. At first, when I found out we would not have a choice, I was hesitant to use the Gardens. After meeting with Vanessa and Aubrey, though, I knew it was the right choice. The food at Gourmet Gourmet is delicious - we got so many compliments on it, and all of their help with the planning process was much appreciated. Their professionalism and efficiency are impressive, and they truly made my wedding day everything I could have hoped for!

Profile Picture Karli, 6/28/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

We went to college at the Claremont Colleges so when we came across Bridges Auditorium as a possible venue for our reception, we stopped looking elsewhere. Gourmet Gourmet is the exclusive caterer for weddings at Bridges Auditorium and they made wedding planning so much easier because so much of what you need to have a beautiful reception is already included in the packages. They saved me the hassle of calling all kinds of vendors to set up appointments, deliveries, etc.

I worked mostly with Vanessa, who was always so nice, even when I called and emailed her all the time with questions and requests in the days leading up to the wedding. When the weather forecast said the temperatures would be freezing on our wedding night, she brought in extra heaters.

Our guests have complimented endlessly on how beautiful everything was. That's thanks in large part to Vanessa and Gourmet Gourmet!

Profile Picture Joyce, 1/12/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everyone went over and beyond our expectations. They made my wedding vision truly come to life. We had so many ups and downs in the planning process and Gourmet Gourmet did everything to make sure we were well taken care. Food was Phenomenal and service was top notch.

Profile Picture Sherry, 11/10/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Excellent everything. I cannot say enough about Gourmet Gourmet. I recommend them and their vendors.

Profile Picture Laureen, 8/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

I LOVE Vanessa and the whole crew at Gourmet Gourmet. Thank you for our amazing wedding! It was like a fairytale dream because of you!

Best,
Kayla and Eric Campa

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kayla, 8/3/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Aubrey and Gourmet Gourmet Catering are outstanding!! They catered our reception and the food was amazing! Aubrey helped us through the entire planning process and was extremely helpful. She answered every question immediately and had excellent ideas throughout it all. She was also our day of coordinator and I could not have been happier. She made sure everything went smoothly and did not miss a beat! I would definitely recommend Aubrey and Gourmet Gourmet Catering!

Profile Picture Laleh, 7/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

What can I say about this company!? The service was incredible! Our wedding coordinators were there every step of the way and always patient and quick to respond to any and all questions! If you're looking for a place that does it all, this is it. They deal with most vendors so all you have to do is make the design decisions! Gourmet Gourmet Catering and there staff are amazing! Highly recommend setting up a meeting with them for your special day!

Profile Picture Samantha, 4/27/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was amazing. The staff was professional and courteous, but not stuffy or arrogant. Aubrey was terrific at organizing every little detail. We had a backyard reception and it couldn't have been better!

Profile Picture Sandy, 3/31/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Food was wonderful! Guests kept coming coming up to me weeks after the wedding to say how good the food was. Service was wonderful. Waiters were very attentive. Also everything was laid out exactly how I wanted from the candy buffet to the table settings. Would definitely choose this company if I were to do it all over again :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/17/12, 2 Reviews