Five Star Entertainment, LLC Reviews

82 | Grand Blanc, MI

82 Reviews for Five Star Entertainment, LLC

3.5

I am a repeat customer because I had a great experience the first time I had used his services! I was very satisfied this time also. Photo booth was a huge hit. I received many compliments regarding the music and the fact he kept things moving. Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 09/24/2016

Mary · Married on 04/22/2017

3.0

We used Lane for DJ and photobooth services for wedding and everything was amazing. Our music for our reception was something that was very important to my husband and I because we really feel like the music makes the reception. We met Lane at a bridal show and loved his vibe and his photobooth and quality of pictures is the best I have ever seen! Lane took the time to meet with us to discuss every aspect of the wedding, even down to pronunciation of the bridal party's last names, which really impressed my husband and I. And he was awesome! He kept our reception running smoothly and on time and did everything that was asked of him. I received so many compliments on the music and photobooth at my wedding. It was one big party which was always our goal for our reception. We had people dancing up until the last song which is exactly what we wanted. Thanks Lane!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Jamie · Married on 09/12/2015

They made sure to make our day extra special and we had a lot of fun! The photobooth props were a huge hit and I love the album of all the pictures! I had specific versions of songs I wanted played and he made sure he had them exact :)

Sent on 10/12/2015

Kathy · Married on 11/26/2016

Five Star Entertainment runs a top notch enterprise. We rented a photo booth for my daughter's wedding reception.Five Star Entertainment was on time, set up ready to go! The props looked brand new. The photo attended was very professional and curious. It was a wonderful experience, I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 11/29/2016

2.8
      3.0
      2.5
      2.5
      1.5

Lane did a good job picking songs at the wedding and the uplighting was nice. The only thing that I did NOT like was that he yelled at me on the phone because he was upset that I was trying to contact him due to a change of time in the appointment we had. I was confirming whether he received my email the day before changing the time, because I didn't hear back from him. I didn't want him to get to the appointment an hour early having to wait for my fiancé and I. I called him, then texted him a few hours later. My fiancé also called him. All contact was done over an 8 hour period (not back-to-back) the day we were supposed to meet. When Lane called me back he was furious that I had called and texted him while he was trying to ride his Harley. He yelled at me (literally), and I yelled back and demanded him not to speak to me disrespectfully. I was really disappointed in his behavior, because he seemed nice and professional when we first met him, which is why we booked him. Secondly, why yell at a bride-to-be who is already dealing with enough stress as it is! He did apologize, but I never got over it. It totally ruined the respect and admiration I had for him previously.

Sent on 03/10/2017

Theresa · Married on 10/01/2016

0.4
      0.5

The photo booth was the only thing that was awesome. The DJ Lane was the MOST unprofessional person I have met in my life. I pray that he does not ruin any more events for anyone

Sent on 10/10/2016

Nichole · Married on 06/18/2011

0.2
      1.0
      0.0

Let me just say out of all the things at my wedding Acclimated Sounds service was by far the most disappointing. Lane sure talked a big game about how great his services are and how some magazine did an article on him. Here are some of the things that went wrong 1) He forgot the rehearsal appointment and needed to be called to come in. (He talked such a good game that we hired him to do our ceremony. We had to plan our wedding from out of state sense I am active duty military and we were getting married in my wife’s home town.) Then got there and make the lamest excuse I've ever heard in my life about how he was in his Florida room watching the birds and squirrels frolic and lost track of time. 2. My wife requests 1 song, that song was not played. 3. Lane forgot to mention my best friend that was deployed over sea's in a war zone in my place so I could get married. 4. Lane claimed to be able to take care of our needs as far as wedding planning went. In regards to license and everything. Well at least he eventually mailed in the license after being bothered by us even though he assured me he would take it to the court house first thing that following Monday morning. 5. When asked why the speeches where not videoed the response was “I only record "highlights" from the reception and unfortunately, you never mentioned the toasts as being something important to being video'd” “I did not shoot video of your toasts, I am sorry that you didn't mention that being something important to you during our planning conversations via email or in person. At this point, I am not able to go back in time and record the toasts.” Lane accused me that the whole wedding would be taped when 3 days before my wedding when I sat in his living room. Yes I can understand the first dance and father daughter dance and some dancing being a highlight but, not only dancing which leads me to my next point. 6. The one thing Acclimated Sounds was supposed to be good at. The reason people hire Acclimated Sounds DJing. Lane assured me he would read the crowd. He would get them dancing. Instead he played elevator music forever in the beginning until he bored most of the people in there into leaving. Then when multiple people requested stuff he just told them to let him do his job. 7. How many cigarette breaks did Lane take? More than I can count. He was being paid to be in the hall. I can understand 1 maybe 2 but he was out there all the whole time. 8. We requested a dollar dance be done, this never happened either. 9. Last point while I was emailing Lane about the video and his response was “The video is an "add on" to my DJ Service” Why offer something that you cannot fulfill. “You received my package at more than half off my regular rate.” Well I expected him to do his job. He offered the deal. Nowhere or at any time did he say we would get half the service. If that was the case I would have gladly paid someone else. And if that was his full service I would have paid him more like a $150 bucks to borrow his equipment and he could have stayed at home.

Sent on 10/25/2011