Erica Akroyd Photography Reviews

Raleigh, NC
Rating 5.0 out of 5, 22 Reviews
View more information

Julia Married on 07/22/2018
    SO glad I chose Erica to be our wedding photographer. She was amazing, professional, and laid-back at the same time - which is what you need for your big day! I absolutely loved her second shooter Zoe, as well. The day went by so smoothly and even our crazy family and bridal party photos went by way more quickly than I anticipated. Erica immediately makes you feel comfortable. Erica shot one of my bridesmaids' weddings a few years ago, which was a wedding I was in, so it was great to work with her again! I am so thankful for her and can't wait to see the rest of our wedding photos!
  • Byrne Baby Byrne
    Hannah Married on 04/21/2018
    Erica is such a sweet soul that I can absolutely see myself being friends with. She not only was patient with the girls running behind schedule the morning of, but she tolerated and smiled through every weird interaction with the wedding coordinator. She and her assistant were professional the entire time and really began capturing moments before I even saw them happening. The whole night was amazing because I didn’t have to worry about if my precious memories were being captured or not.

Thank you, Hannah!
    Brooke Married on 04/29/2017
    Erica was always very responsive and wonderful to work with! She is an outstanding photographer and really listens to what you want! Her turnaround time is very quick and her quality of work is great! She also has a fabulous 2nd shooter!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review!
    Danielle Married on 06/26/2016
    Erica is AMAZING! We are so happy that we picked Erica to do our wedding pictures. From the engagement pictures to the bridal shots to the actual wedding day, everything she did was wonderful!
    From the very first meeting with Erica, she made us feel very comfortable. She answered every question we had and listened to everything we wanted. She came prepared to our engagement session with tons of ideas and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera- which is no small feat for my husband and me!
    Erica patiently answered every email (even when there were a lot!) and gave helpful advice about all aspects of the wedding, even those that were not explicitly photography-related! She really went above and beyond to help relieve any concerns we had about anything.
    Erica is amazing, and we highly recommend her for anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you, Danielle! You and Brady were SUCH a sweet couple - it made my job so easy! I really enjoyed getting to know you throughout your wedding journey and it was an honor to photograph your big day!
    Hannah Married on 05/07/2016
    I found Erica on wedding wire and within a day I had heard back from her that she was available for my wedding day. I am so glad she was because Erica was my favorite vendor for my whole wedding. If I did one thing right it was hiring her to photograph my engagement, bridal, and wedding photos. She is such a sweetheart, and amazing at what she does. Not only was every single picture perfect, but she was quick. It took less than a week for every single session including the whole wedding! You will not regret choosing Erica Akroyd.

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words, Hannah! I had an amazing time photographing all the special moments leading up to your wedding, as well as the big day itself! Congratulations, again!
    Kerri Married on 11/21/2015
    Erica did an amazing job photographing our wedding! Our pictures were so beautiful and she made our wedding so relaxing and stress free. I would definitely recommend her. She was a joy to work with!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Kerri! Your wedding was so beautiful and I loved photographing every moment of it! I wish you and Michael all the best! xoxo
    Katy Married on 11/14/2015
    Erica was absolutely wonderful to work with! She did our engagement pictures, my bridal portraits and our wedding. From the moment that we met she felt like more of a friend than a vendor. Posing in front of a camera was not something that came naturally to my fiancé and I but she was so good at making us feel comfortable. We received our photos very quickly after each session! I received our engagement pictures about 1 week after our session, my bridal portraits within a few days and our wedding pictures in just a couple of weeks! I am so thrilled with how they all turned out and we will truly cherish the moments that she captured forever. The quality of her work and the value that you get with Erica is top notch. Erica, when it comes time to do maternity pictures, we'll be giving you a call! :) Thanks so much for everything!!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Katy - thank you so much for your sweet review! I really enjoyed working with you and Kory (who is better in front of the camera than he thinks!) and getting to know you as friends! Thank you for trusting me with these special photos and I hope to photograph your family down the road as it continues to grow! Best wishes and congratulations, again, on a beautiful marriage! xoxo
    Erinn Married on 11/07/2015
    Erica is a sweet and bubbly person. Both my husband and I are not traditionally super excited to have our pictures taken in general. We have 5 years worth of pictures where one or both of us are making a strange/silly face. I never would have thought to have engagement photos taken but they were part of the package so we went with it. What a good idea! It made us much less nervous about the whole picture taking process on the day of the wedding having already practiced! We also now have a full album of engagement photos where neither of us is looking stupid (much to our parents joy)! The wedding photos are also awesome. Just the mix of formal and candid pictures that we wanted. I almost never saw them during the rehearsal but seeing the pictures I can tell you her and her second shooter were all over the place! Not one guest left un-photographed. Really wonderful to work with, great at communicating and very supportive of any ideas you may have!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Erinn! I'm so glad that you and Craig felt comfortable in front of my lens - that is one of the best compliments I have ever received! You two are so laid back and down to Earth - it was really a pleasure to photograph you! You made it easy! Best wishes to you and your new husband!
    Corinne Married on 09/26/2015
    Erica Akroyd is truly amazing. I'm looking through the pictures she took and I'm crying! My husband and I normally hate getting our picture taken but we felt so comfortable in front of Erica. It felt more like friends just hanging out than a photo shoot. She really captured our love for each other and our silliness!
    I had a lot of random questions, especially towards the end, and she was very quick to answer my emails and text messages. I've heard so many brides say afterwards they wish they had this picture or that. Looking through these wedding pictures now I don't feel like we're missing anything. She captured every minute of our special day.
    Overall we thought she was professional, fun, and very well priced!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Corinne! Your wedding day was so fun and RELAXED - it really showed in your pictures how much you two were just excited to be getting married and start your lives together! xoxo
    Krystal Married on 08/15/2015
    Erica did two engagement sessions and my wedding day photography and she is amazing! Not only is she super responsive and easy to work with, but she is great at what she does. Each time we shot with her she was prompt and full of ideas and blew me away with the number of great shots she was able to get. On our wedding day she brought a second shooter and they literally captured everything, down to the smallest details. Erica also did my wedding album, which she hand delivered! Needless to say she goes above and beyond for her clients. We have deemed her our family photographer and look forward to working with her in the future!!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Krystal, you are so sweet! Thank you so much for the review! I have enjoyed every moment photographing you and Davon and can't wait to continue to be your photographer for all of life's adventures!
    Kelsey Married on 08/08/2015
    Erica was one of my favorite parts of the wedding! She made everything so light and fun! I'm so thankful for her and her spirit! She was also so flexible when it came to making payments or when plans changed. And can we just talk about how quick she is???? She had our engagement pictures done in like 3 days, bridal portraits in less than a day and our wedding photos in about 2 weeks! It was awesome, and they were so so good! We loooooove Erica!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for you review, Kelsey! I hope that you and Tyler are enjoying married life so far! Your wedding was such a breath of fresh air and a JOY to be a part of! I miss you two! Sending hugs all the way to Charlotte!
    Jasmine Married on 06/20/2015
    Erica is amazing at what she does, which is obvious through her pictures, but she is also extremely professional with the greatest personality. My husband and I both felt like a member of our family was taking our pictures. From a simple questionnaire and showing her a few pictures, Erica was able to capture the style of photos that we both wanted. Her flexibility and friendly demeanor are why she has officially been crowned our family photographer.

If you want your special day captured with absolute perfection, Erica is your girl!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Jasmine! I had an absolute blast photographing your wedding. It was such a special day and the love the you and Spencer share made my job so easy! I can't wait to capture many more memories for your family!
    Erica Married on 05/02/2015
    Erica is great to work with! Between her sweet and fun personality to her beautiful pictures, this girl is amazing. I love her vision and creativity. I'm so thankful she was able to photograph our engagement session and our wedding, next up are maternity and family pictures ( in a few years of course ?).

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Erica! It was truly an honor to photograph your wedding day. I loved being a part of it!
    Hayley Event on: 11/16/2014
    My fiancé and I had so much fun taking pictures with Erica, I couldn't believe how relaxed and comfortable she made us feel. She is a pro at suggesting poses and has a great eye for detail. I was impressed at how quickly she was able to return the photos to us and I love that she gives full print rights. I will definitely continue to book her in the future!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you for your review, Hayley! You guys were so photogenic and made my job easy :) Congratulations on your engagement!
    Krystal Event on: 10/21/2014
    Erica is amazing at what she does and is a true professional! My fiancé and I have shot with her twice already and are looking forward to her photographing our wedding!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Krystal! I really look forward to your wedding next year!
    Kelly Married on 10/11/2014
    Hiring Erica as our wedding photographer was one of the BEST decisions we made. Erica is so warm, open, talented, and professional.The package we purchased from her included an engagement session, which was the first time we met her, back in February. We felt so comfortable with her right away! Erica put us right at ease and was great at directing us on how to pose/stand/not be awkward. She provided an endless supply of photo ideas, including examples from Pinterest, and at the same time she jumped on any crazy picture idea we had. This was when I knew she was going to be so great for us - Erica never makes you feel like your ideas are silly or judges you.

We didn't want any cheesy posed photos on the wedding day, just a straight up capturing of the day. Erica nailed it. I got the strong impression though, that if we did want silly posed group photos or had any offbeat photo ideas, she would have jumped on it without the blink of an eye. She could work with such a huge variety of couples and I'm positive everyone would be completely comfortable with her! She is such a treat.

The photos she took on our wedding day were outstanding - WAY better than we could have imagined! Erica and her awesome second shooter, Kate, spent 8 hours with us capturing every detail of the day, even things that I missed as the day flew by. I'm so thankful for them - they have helped me relive my wedding day every time I look through the photos. To be honest, I barely noticed they were there during the reception, but when I saw the photos - they were everywhere! The pictures are amazing - she made us look SO good and took shots that we never could of dreamt up.

Hiring Erica was truly the best vendor decision we made. She sent us our pictures a little over a week after the wedding! I would recommend her to absolutely any couple or family. Through working with her, I honestly feel like she's a friend now!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Kelly! You and Josh were so great and I'm so glad that we met and I can call you my friend! Your wedding was so beautiful and I'm honored to have been a part of it!
    Mallory Married on 10/04/2014
    I found Erica through looking at a friend's pictures on Facebook from their wedding. I reached out to her and we immediately clicked. We had both cheered in highschool, and found out we had lots in common. She is so personable and just gets it. I didn't have to give her much direction, she just hit the ground running which is what you want in a wedding photographer on the best/most hectic day of your life! I even threw a curve ball at her with a few extra shots and she didn't miss a beat :) The day of my wedding was 40 degrees out, and she didn't complain or act like it was cold once, unlike myself! We were so pleased with our pictures, and she turned them around quickly. I would definitely recommend using Erica Akroyd Photography for any event!!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Mallory! Your wedding was so special and beautiful and I'm so honored to have been a part of it! I'm so glad that I met you and can call you a friend :) Congratulations, again!
    Stephanie Event on: 07/21/2014
    Erica made us feel so comfortable and at ease. I was extremely happy with the results. I honestly feel in love with every single photo!!
    Laura Event on: 07/09/2014
    Erica did our engagement shots in Raleigh, and we couldn't be happier with them! I used all of them in our guest/photo book - there weren't any I could possibly leave out! She is very quick and responsive, which was important to me. During the shoot, she was very professional and friendly, and had us gracefully move into better positions that would look better in the photo - we had no clue what to do! I would highly recommend her to anyone I come in contact with! Thanks, Erica!
    Jennifer Married on 05/31/2014
    Erica is an amazing person and photographer! She is extremely friendly, professional, and accommodating. She never said no and provided us with outstanding photos of our special day. She is level headed focused, something that is priceless in an environment that may become hectic. I love every one of the photos from our wedding. It will be hard to decide which ones are "framers" considering all the important moments she captured. Thanks again for everything, Erica!

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Jenn, thank you so much for your kind words. I am so honored to have photographed your wedding day and so lucky to call you a friend! You and Hunnter have a very special bond and I am so happy for you!
    Brittany Married on 07/03/2016
    Erica was such a great find! We absolutely LOVED our engagement pictures and we had so much fun doing them. The quality of the shots and the flexibility of having all the pictures really made us super excited to have Erica a part of our wedding. Our wedding was so much fun and Erica captured every minute of it with her camera without being to intrusive. We love the preview of our wedding photos, and we can't wait to see what wonderful moments Erica was able to capture!
    Such a great service and well worth every penny, Erica is truly a kind and gentle soul with a wonderful eye for photography.

Erica Akroyd Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Brittany! It was truly an honor to photograph your wedding - one of the most fun receptions I've experienced in a long time!!!! You two are such such a sweet couple - I can't wait to show you the rest of your photos!
  • User1623903 2+ years ago
    Great job with my wedding! We were very pleased with her work!