Enlightened Catering Reviews

25 | Saint Johns, FL

25 Reviews for Enlightened Catering

Jessica Aleles · Married on 10/26/2019

Very responsive

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my wedding so I never got to experience Matt's day of services, however, he was absolutely amazing throughout the planning phase. He really worked with me on the menu to make sure my vision would come to life. He also was very understanding of the cancellation and promptly returned my deposit. If I do find the right one down the line, I would not hesitate to reach back out to Matt.

Sent on 04/01/2019

Allison Maclean · Married on 06/24/2019

Great experience with Chef Matt

Chef Matt gave us a fantastic experience throughout the planning process and the wedding. He was timely and very easy to work with. The food was fantastic. Our guests loved it. The bartenders that he provided also were great.

Sent on 08/02/2019

Amy Weldon · Married on 05/19/2019

Wedding catering

Matt and his team were wonderful on our wedding day! Matt’s food is excellent! We had 60 people at our wedding and Matt and his team handled it all without a hitch. He did a crab boil for our rehearsal dinner that was fresh and tasty and for the wedding he did BBQ with his awesome mac n cheese. All of the food tasted fresh and good. I will hire Matt again in the future and would highly recommend him.

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • christinalynn

christinalynn · Married on 04/20/2019

Wonderful service!

Chef Matt was fabulous from the tasting to the day of he was responsive, answered all of my questions, he also had a extensive menu to choose from with flavors for every palate. I would hire him again for my next large party!

Sent on 05/10/2019

Thanks guys!

Had a great evening at an amazing venue!

Beat wishes for a lifetime of happiness

• Valerie

Valerie and Chuck Langley · Married on 04/13/2019

50th Anniversary Celebration

We had a large group of people come to our celebration, and, both Matt and his Server were personable and professional. The food was excellent, everyone enjoyed their meal. We had Beef Tips and Chicken Piccata.. vegetables and roasted potatoes, salad a rolls. He provides everything! He was flexible in timing as well.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Thanx Valerie
    We had a blast w your family, your sister was one of my very first weddings when we began our business. Its always a pleasure to be part of another special occasion years ltet with awesome clients

Thanks for the opportunity
  • Roderick

Roderick · Married on 04/11/2019

Allow Chef Matt & Enlightened Catering to open your Third Eye

My wife and I met Chef Matt at a Wedding Expo and what drew us in was after just a brief description of our vision, the wheels began turning in Matt's head and his creativity/innovativeness was on full display! Not only that but his undeniable passion for food and culinary acumen were also qualities that sealed the deal for us. Chef Matt's responsiveness and attention to detail were second to none. My Wife and I were not local to the Jacksonville area, residing over 300 miles away in Fort Lauderdale, so correspondence between our vendors was extremely important to making us feel comfortable with our decision to do a destination wedding. Needless to say Chef Matt superseded our expectations and was always a call, text, or email away. Literally about two days before the wedding he made two amazing additions to our passed hor d'oeuvres for cocktail hour which is a perfect example of his flexibility! We did a Brunch Style Reception with Chicken & Waffles, Pre-made & made to order Omelettes, Breakfast Potatoes, Fresh fruit station, and a parfait bar (w/ vegan option). After my wife, best man, and I had our tasting with Chef Matt we literally had a dreams about the food leading up to the wedding haha, andabsolutely could not wait! Chef Matt and his staff OVER delivered. They were all super sweet, professional and helpful. The Fried Chicken has morphed into somewhat of urban legend because our family is still raving about how outstanding it was and questioning how they were able to achieve such greatness! You'd be hard pressed to find better value and a bang for your buck without compromising quality than you will with Chef Matt. My wife and I were astonished by everything that was included on our menu at the price point we were quoted at. As cliche as it may sound Chef Matt and his staff truly did make our dreams come true! He's an amazing Chef but an even better human being.

Sent on 04/16/2019

Enlightened Catering's reply:

Very humbled with this amazing review!

An equal pleasure being part of such an amazing wedding experience as well as two awesome clients that hired the best DJ on the planet!

Amazing time will never forget 4/11/19!

VERONIKA · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing!!!

Chef Matt truly cares about The quality of his food and making the dreams of his clients come true. We had a plated meal at our wedding and the presentation was flawless. The food was amazing and we would highly recommend him and his team to anyone!

Sent on 04/07/2019

Enlightened Catering's reply:

You guys had such a beautiful wedding it was amazing!

We, you may not know, made history as tje very first plated engagement at Crystal Ballroom😊

Just a pleasure being part of your special day!

Thanks for everything

Rena · Married on 03/08/2019

Awesome food!

Matt was absolutely amazing! He made everything very easy going and was very easy to get in touch with and also keep in touch with. The food was very good, even my super picky family thought so! The prices were very reasonable, I definitely would recommend!

Sent on 03/18/2019

Thanks Rena!

You guys had an amazing reception and your family were soooooo nice to my staff and I.
    Thanks for the oppto be part of your special day

Heather Cafaro · Married on 10/20/2018

Enlightened Perfection

Matt and his crew were absolutely amazing. The food was delicious!! The food trays were never empty and the plating was beautiful! Everyone raved about the food and the service! I would HIGHLY recommend Matt with Enlightened Catering to anyone, and would use them again, myself, should the occasion arise!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Thanks Heather

The museum was a new kind of venue....holy co it was so much fun!!!!!!!

You guy had an incredible ceremony, your guests were beyond cool and while the food was “good to perfect”the party was superb!

10 on the scale of great wedding experiences for a caterer

Thanks and much love

Kate · Married on 10/14/2018

Great food

Chef Matt provides excellent food and service! I would definitely recommend him and his staff. Very professional.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Patricia · Married on 07/28/2018

Matt was awesome to work with and the food was great, definitely would use him again!

Sent on 08/01/2018
  • Pamela

Pamela · Married on 04/07/2018

Matt and his staff performed beyond our expectations. Everyone commented on the prime rib - from the serving size to the appetizers and delicious sides. His professional staff was highly organized and assisted our guests at every turn. Dinner and dessert were fun, tasty and memorable despite the epic thunderstorm!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Amanda · Married on 03/18/2018

Chef Matt was very helpful throughout the entire process. We never had to worry about catering because he made us feel confident in his ability. It was a joy walking into our reception and immediately being served our food with beautiful presentation. All guests had salads waiting for them and then they went through the buffet to pick what they wanted. We were happy to hear all of our guests saying how delicious the food was. Thanks Chef Matt!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Amanda · Married on 02/18/2018

Chef Matt is just amazing! We booked him instantly once we had our tasting. His food is at a great price and an even better quality. All of our guests loved the food. He took care of all the setup and had servers there to refill drinks during dinner. They were absolutely amazing. I would recommend Chef Matt for any wedding or event! :)

Sent on 02/27/2018

Enlightened Catering's reply:

It was a pleasure being your chef! Thanks again for the opportunity and amazing experience being part of your special day.

Emily · Married on 02/09/2018

I can’t say enough great things about Chef Matt and his team! My wedding was perfect, thanks in large part to Matt and the delicious food, his timeliness and professionalism. Everyone talked about how great the food was and he even provided delicious meals for my vegan/ vegetarian guests. Thank you, Matt and your staff! It was a perfect night!

P.S. - his meal even trended on Reddit!

Sent on 02/27/2018

Enlightened Catering's reply:

Thanks so much for the opportunity! We had a blast! A million gallons of happiness to you both

Jessica · Married on 02/03/2018

Chef Matt was a pleasure to work with for our wedding. He made everything run so smoothly!

Sent on 02/21/2018

Enlightened Catering's reply:

Thanks guys! You did an amazing job and the wedding was BEAUTIFUL!
    Thanks for the opportunity to be part of this special day!
    All the best

Jacinta · Married on 12/16/2017

Words can not describe the professionalism, attention to detail, work ethic, quality of food and just overall fantastic service that was provided. As a bride there are a million moving pieces to a wedding and Matt took one of those worries off my plate! He not only was felxible but he guided me through the process seamlessly. Everyone at the wedding loved the food and quality of service. Matt delivers on his promises and I would hire him again 100 times over. Achieve Culinary Enlightenment provided a better experience than I could have ever hoped for, a must hire for any event! Thank you for making my special day so amazing and worry free!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Thanks Jacinta!

Your mom did an amazing job decorating, the venue was beautiful!
    Thanks for the opportunity and amazing experience being part of your special day.

All the best

Libby · Married on 10/28/2017

Chef Matt was great! Food was delicious. He was very easy to work with. Presentation was beautiful. Couldn’t have had a better experience.
    Will share photos soon!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Thanks guys!

I appreciate the opportunity to be your chef on this very special day!

Matt Sullivan

Elizabeth · Married on 08/08/2017

This may have been the easiest & most professional experience I ever had. Originally I booked with Matt for my dad's 70th birthday party. Matt let me decrease my party size up to a week before. Unfortunately the week of the party my grandmother died....so the birthday party turned into more of a celebration of life. Matt worked with me through it all...from event start time to number of people. And the quality and taste of the food was EXCEPTIONAL!! I literally could not give this experience a higher rating!!!!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Enlightened Catering's reply:

I wish you guys all the best!

Anything anytime!

VIPs in my book

Tina · Married on 02/18/2017

Chef Matt was amazing! We were so impressed after our tasting that we cancelled the other tastings we had scheduled and decided to go with him. We were so happy with our decision! Chef matt is experienced and professional. His food was exceptional. He was always willing to work with us on anything we asked. I would highly recommend chef Matt for his quality, and you cant beat the value he offers.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Loved the venue!

You guys did an amazing job and i was thrilled to be part of this incredible day!

All the Best!

Nikki · Married on 11/05/2016

Matt was very good at responding back to any of our inquiries. The food was original and our guests had nothing but good things to say about it! He was very accommodating to our younger guests and even made sure they had their own buffet. We have already recommended him to several people and would definitely use him again for other events!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Niki

Thanks for an amazing experience at an awesome venue!

Your wedding was amazing!

Ariel · Married on 10/01/2016

After Chef Matt catered my sisters wedding I knew I wanted him for my own wedding. Sophisticated, scrumptious, and affordable! The guests still rave about the food. Chef Matt was professional, timely, and was always willing to go the extra step to help the wedding go smoothly. My mom even got him to cater the family party the next day. We are a family of hard to please food lovers and Chef Matt has become our go to man for any and all occasions. Can't say enough good things about him, but in one word... YUM!

Sent on 05/13/2017

Enlightened Catering's reply:

After 25 years behind closed, restaurant kitchen doors, this os why i love what i do.

Thanks for the opportunity to be pert of this very special day!

Lindsey · Married on 09/24/2016

10/10 recommend this awesome caterer

Matt catered our wedding in March 2018! He was phenomenal to work with. He made the process so easy and really catered to what we wanted. He took our vision and made it happen! And the food was DELICIOUS!

Sent on 03/31/2019

Andrea · Married on 07/28/2018

Throughout the selection process, the refund of my deposit because of my cancellation- Chef Matt was professional, quick to respond, and sincere in his conversations. He truly wanted the best for us. It was a simple process with him, and he was fair, and competitive pricing for the amount of food we were going to have. He was willing to work with us to create a menu that worked with our picky eaters and diet restrictions. I would highly recommend him, and look forward to using him in the future.

Sent on 02/20/2018

Enlightened Catering's reply:

Hope we will be scheduling your perfect wedding soon. Things happen but I always stand by my commitment to honesty integrity and courteous service, wether we finish or not....

R Yaeger · Married on 04/27/2019

Canceled last minute

Canceled the week before the wedding. We had him cater our first Easter in our new home, attended private events he catered, his food was excellent, it’s too bad his professionalism doesn’t match.

Sent on 04/20/2019

Spam.
    I cannot be responsible for reviews from potential clients that made it impossible to provide my services

Past clientele will be more than happy to provide an honest and accurate account of the amazing experience and product we offer

Cant win them all