Elysia Root Cakes Reviews

48 | Chicago, IL

48 Reviews for Elysia Root Cakes

1 User photo

Elysia Root Cakes 1

We could not have been happier choosing Elysia as our vendor for our wedding cake. The entire process was fun and seamless. Their studio is absolutely stunning - beautiful cakes line the walls.. so well executed and creative! Every type of cake we tasted was so incredibly delicious - it was so hard to make a decision! We brought in photos and had ideas for what color and style we wanted our cake to be.. and the final product was better than we could have imagined. Elysia was so thorough, calm, and friendly - we will definitely be going back to Elysia for cakes for all future events!

Sent on 04/12/2015

Emily · Married on 09/13/2014

We had such a hard time deciding what flavor to pick for our wedding cake since everything we tried was so delicious. The cake turned out absolutely amazing - and better yet, it tasted even better than it looked!!! We heard from so many of our guests about the cake that night, and we can't wait for our one year anniversary to eat it all over again! Elysia was wonderful to work with, and I wouldn't ever hesitate to recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 04/02/2015
  • User5037374 · event on 09/04/2014

Elysia is always very professional and makes high quality cakes with attention to detail and great flavors. She was very happy to do a completely custom cake for my sons 3rd birthday. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 05/02/2015

Nikki · Married on 08/30/2014

From before the tasting to the wedding day, Elysia was extremely responsive and professional. I think her background in business definitely helped with her communication. The tasting was also significantly better than other tastings that we had attended. Instead of having a set number of combinations, Elysia actually brings out separate slices of cake so you can actually taste (or dip!) each cake with the different types of fillings. So. Good. We ended up with a fondant cake with sugar flowers that turned out beautifully. Guests also raved about the flavors we chose. I know we have to wait a few months still, but I'm pretty excited to get to our first anniversary, because she actually makes a one year anniversary cake so you don't have to taste a bland year-old top tier!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Not only is Elysia super sweet, but she did an AMAZING job on our cake. It was absolutely perfect. Seriously, people could not stop talking about how delicious our cake was. I can't wait to have another event just so I can order another cake from her!

Sent on 08/22/2014

Nina · Married on 06/21/2014

From the tasting in Elysia's gorgeous showroom space to the arrival of the cake on our wedding day, the only thing to be said is that choosing an Elysia Root cake was one of the best decisions we made. The quality of ingredients was clearly second to none and I heard from nearly every single guest how delicious the cake was. The options in design were extensive and the touch of Chicago skyline that adorned the bottom tier was the perfect accent to our love of the Windy City. I cannot recommend choosing Elysia Root enough- she is a gem to work with and her product is exceptional!

Sent on 04/07/2015

Kristina · Married on 06/07/2014

I came to Elysia with a very detailed flower that I wanted to span the entire side of my cake. This flower also varied in color and had many pedals that (I think) had to be place one at a time. The cake turned out AMAZING!! I mean it was way better than the picture I brought her. She asked me to bring her a color swatch so she could match the flower color to it and it came out exactly correct - even though I meant to bring her my cake topper and forgot - it matched the topper perfectly. Elysia was a pleasure to work with and very responsive. The cake was reasonably priced, I tried out a few bakeries and Elysia's price was competitive and tasted delicious. I could tell by the detail in the cakes that she has in her studio that she would be able to execute the detailed cake I asked of her. My parents were the ones who really wanted us to get a cake and they loved the flavor of it. I look forward to enjoying it again on our one year anniversary with the mini cake that we will received. Definitely book Elysia for your wedding for a non-hassle, beautiful and delicious cake experience!!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Elysia is a pleasure to work with! Her designs are unique and her wedding cakes stand out from the rest! We are so happy that we worked with her for our special day. Also, on your 1 year anniversary Elysia will make you a little cake to celebrate- that is so thoughtful & is a example of how much she cares. Cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 04/06/2015

DEBRA · Married on 02/01/2014

Beside her cakes and fillings being absolutely delicious, Elysia has the artistic talent for designing the cake you are looking for. She starts sketching as you are describing the look of your wedding. She just gets it. My daughter's wedding cake was nothing short of stunning.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Eliza · Married on 12/28/2013

Elysia made our GLUTEN FREE cake for our December wedding and it turned out beyond amazing. We first met with her in the spring for a tasting and immediately knew we wanted her to make our cake. The tasting was a blast in itself--she allowed us to pick a handful of flavors (all GLUTEN FREE!!) and frostings and did a mix-and-match tasting. We tried so many different combinations and had a hard time choosing. She helped us put together two different wonderful combos and a beautiful pink and gold design for the cake. She also let us take home all the leftovers from the tasting to share with our family--how awesome?! The cake for the wedding itself turned out SO WONDERFUL. The first thing my sister in law said to me when I got to the reception was "HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR CAKE???" It was beautiful! And SO delicious--no one even knew the whole thing was gluten free and we got tons of compliments. Highly recommend Elysia--beautiful AND delicious cakes!!! P.S. We can't wait for our first anniversary when we can get an anniversary cake from Elysia for being one of her couples!!

Sent on 01/24/2014

Crystal · Married on 07/05/2013

Elysia grasped our vision immediately. Her artistry exceeds the look of the cake as you bite into the unique flavors that she offers. We chose a yellow pound cake with both salted caramel filling and a fresh raspberry buttercream filling made from a puree. It was delicious as well as beautiful!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Elysia was so much fun to work with, and our cake was absolutely amazing! From the day of the tasting to the day of the wedding, Elysia was easy to get in touch with, responsive to our questions, and a complete professional. And just as important, our cake tasted great and looked beautiful. The small amount we had left froze well, and we were very sad when the last of the leftovers were gone and have been looking for reasons to need another large cake ever since.

Sent on 07/05/2012

Chanel · event on 09/10/2011

Elysia Root Cakes make some cupcakes (red velvet and chocolate both with a vanilla cream top) and a small engagement cake. Elysia was very receptive to all my suggestions as I was constantly changing my mind on what I wanted (if I wanted cupcakes to give to my guests to take home or a cake for them to eat at my party). She actually recommended that I have both and that she would rent me a cupcake stand and put the cake on top to practice the cutting of the cake. The whole turned out fabulous as she incorporated our wedding colors, our theme (flowers), and our initials. She is definetly creative and is very flexible (I was running late, of course, to pick up the cake and cupcakes, and she very willing to wait for me). Elysia was great and her cakes and cupcakes taste even better!

Sent on 02/22/2012

Elena · Married on 06/11/2011

Elysia made our beautiful wedding cake for our wedding this past June. The cake was elegant, and the detail of the design elements was incredible. The flowers were handcrafted to match the exact flowers in my wedding bouquet (amazing!). The design was exactly what we had talked about during our cake tasting (Elysia even incorporated my love for bows) and definitely fit in perfectly with the rest of the wedding details. The cake was so delicious too. Even months after the wedding, we still had multiple guests comment on how delicious the cake was! I was really happy to have a beautiful custom-made cake that stood out in design and taste.

Sent on 02/27/2012

Sharon & Brian · Married on 07/01/2017

From the cake tasting process to designing our cakes to the final products, Elysia was an absolute pleasure to work with! Her detailed and thorough summaries of our wedding cake and grooms cake with handwritten sketches showed us exactly what our cakes would look like. Elysia Roots is so meticulous with details that they request color swatches to be hand delivered to their studio to ensure they match the color perfectly with our vision. Elysia's innovative skills brought our vision of our cakes to life and made our buttercream and fondant dreams come true! The groom's cake was a bigger hit than our wedding cake where Elysia was able to take our ideas for an infectious diseases theme to the next level. Not only was the presentation of our cakes spectacular but the cakes were so delicious! Many of our guests including ourselves thought this was the best wedding cake we've ever had! The only thing we wish was included was a wedding cake stand.

Sent on 08/20/2017

Arielle · Married on 10/17/2015

Our experience with Elysia Root cakes was outstanding. It started with the tasting where she provided us so much cake and frosting to taste that we actually walked out with a doggy bag!

Our cake design was absolutely stunning - she worked with what we had in mind and then made it even better. We heard from several guests that our cake was the most delicious they had ever tasted. We agree.

In fact, we love it so much that we ordered a small cake to eat in a few weeks when we come back to visit Chicago again!

Separately, she created a special cookie cake that was a surprise to me (the bride) from my parents. It looked exactly how it should and we were so happy to get that surprise.

Thank you for making our wedding dessert so tasty!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Samantha · Married on 10/25/2014

Working with Elysia Root Cakes was a great experience. First, she was really creative and patient as we went through the design process. I had many idea and we managed to work several of them together for an overall cohesive look.
    Second, her cakes taste amazing and I mean AMAZING. I don't typically eat cake. Whenever there is the option for cake I pass because I usually don't enjoy the taste and flavors. However, Elysia's cakes are the best I've ever had she uses HIGH quality ingredients which do cost more but all of our guest raved about the cake. She was very knowledgeable of the ingredient and worked well tog ether which was important because members of my family are in the food industry and she advised us on great flavor combinations.
    My mom and I both want to get her cakes again for future family gathering and hopefully my sisters weddings. I look forward to working with her in the future. Our cake served 250 people.

Sent on 04/01/2015

Stephen · Married on 03/21/2015

What a wonderful experience! From the tasting appointment, to responsiveness with our requests, to day-of attention to detail, we couldn't be happier. More than anything, we were blown away by Elysia's creativity and attention to detail! Elysia designed a lace pattern for the sides of our wedding cake, and she matched it to my wife's dress! She found the lace pattern of the dress and reproduced it exactly on the cake. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Julie · Married on 03/21/2015

Working with Elysia was an absolute pleasure. She was super professional and attentive, the cake was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted, and our guests raved as well - trying their best to snag a slice of both of the cake flavors we had selected! The service we received was top notch and I wouldn't hesitate to to recommend her to someone looking for the best of the best in custom wedding cakes. Thanks so much Elysia!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Kimberly · Married on 05/17/2014

What drew me to Elysia Root Cakes was that this Chicago baker presented her product beautifully in various bridal magazines. The deciding factors for the groom and me were the rich smell of various sample cakes, the array of tasty fillings and frostings in just the right consistency, and the artistry with which all her cakes were constructed. She never gave us the bum's rush or seemed to be too busy to get our concepts into workable form, and boy, she and her workers delivered! Our guests not only enjoyed the flavors available to them, but the elegant beauty of the wedding cake and the whimsical groom's cake that captured our identity unmistakably!

Be sure to shore up and confirm times and dates. My new husband and I can highly recommend Elysia Root Cakes for any important occasion.

Sent on 05/28/2014

Ali · Married on 10/11/2014

Very professional, very delicious cake! We didn't know what we wanted or what we wanted the cake to look like, and they were so great giving us suggestions and helping us figure out exactly what we wanted. The cake looked great and was so delicious. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Kimberly · Married on 05/17/2014

We were relieved that Elysia Root Cakes was not the type of vendor who says, "These are the cakes we do; pick one." The chef presented what her company COULD do and left the possibilities open for us to be co-creators. She took care to represent OUR vision, which was reflected in the artistry of her cakes. Elysia Root spent time with us without giving us the bum's rush, and both the wedding cake and groom's cake were delicious.

Sent on 06/10/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/02/2015

The final product was gorgeous, and Elysia did a great job coordinating with our other vendors.

Sent on 05/21/2015