cake-chicago

Chicago, IL View map

cake sweet food chicago, formerly take the cake, is a small Chicago bakeshop owned by Mary Winslow specializing in wedding cakes and favors. We believe that each and every wedding cake should be a reflection of the unique qualities of the couple. We enjoy creating cakes that are personalized and stand the test of time, whether they are inspired by a song, architectural features of a favorite place, or the thoughts and dreams of couple themselves.

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cookies

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Delivery
Setup

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free

Are you licensed by the state health department?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

• Kristen
    Kristen S. Married on 11/27/2021

Unforgettable Cake Experience!

I cannot say enough great things about Jo-Anne and the experience we had with Cake Chicago for our wedding.

Not only is Jo-Anne incredibly talented and knowledgeable due to years of experience in this field, but she is also a breath of fresh air in the wedding industry. It is truly a pleasure to speak with her and work with her, and you can tell she puts her heart and soul into everything she does.

Jo-Anne sent a cake tasting kit all the way to North Carolina (where we live) so we could have the full tasting experience, even when we couldn't get out to Chicago ourselves. Each combo we tried was absolutely delicious but we landed on red velvet cake/cream cheese filling and vanilla cake/salted caramel filling. Our guests RAVED about our cake on our wedding day!

I cannot wait to continue to support Jo-Anne and her business in the future. Not only was the cake delicious, but her truffles and other goodies are just as incredible. Please do yourself a favor and try something from Cake Chicago ASAP!

Photos: Mari Trancoso
    Our Wedding Video to see how it all came together: https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cail8xijZy8/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
  • Katie
    Katie C. Married on 09/05/2021

The BEST Cake I've Ever Had

Jo-Anne was recommended to us by our wedding planner, and she is fantastic! She is an amazing baker (who also helped formulate the famous Portillo's Chocolate Cake IYKYK), and a great person. Jo-Anne made the at home tasting process so much fun for us with our little goodie bag kit - so much so that we had trouble actually choosing! We also purchased her signature Chubby Wubbies as favors for our guests, which were a huge hit. Highly recommend working with Jo-Ann for all of your cake needs!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer A. Married on 12/28/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Recommend! Especially for Gluten Free :)

We had the BEST experience working with Jo-Anne from CAKE for our wedding! From the very start of the planning process, she was responsive, flexible, and accommodating. As an out of town bride, I had limited availability to meet in person, but she worked hard to adjust her schedule so that I could come in person with my husband and our parents for our cake tasting. We so appreciated this!! We had a blast at the cake tasting – her cakes are absolutely delicious, and she has so many incredible flavor combinations to choose from. One of the things I am most grateful for is Jo-Anne’s willingness and ability to accommodate for those who were gluten free. I (the bride) am gluten free, and we had approx. 15 gluten free guests as well. Without hesitation, Jo-Anne offered to make a separate gluten free sheet cake in a dedicated gluten free baking facility, slice them into individual pieces, wrap/package them, label them, and deliver them to our venue. All of our gluten free guests (myself included) were SO excited to be able to enjoy some wedding cake!! Both the GF and regular wedding cakes were absolutely delicious!!! Without a doubt, we will be recommending Jo-Anne to our friends and family, and will be ordering from her again for other special occasions :)
  • illustration stars

74 photos · 11/03/2018
  • Matt & Katelyn
    31 photos · 09/06/2015

Splash DJ Splash DJ Wedding DJs

Absolute pleasure to work with!

Greatest Expectations Special Events & Weddings, Inc. Greatest Expectations Special Events & Weddings, Inc. Wedding Planners

Mary makes a delicious cake and has a real talent for cake design.

Jennifer Wolfe Photography Jennifer Wolfe Photography Wedding Photographers

What can I say? Mary Winslow is the bomb. I am a cake snob and I only recommend Take the Cake to my brides. SHe has been on my referral list for YEARS! those chubby wubby's are just too good! I love this business, you will NOT be disappointed if you use Mary at Take the Cake!

1635 W. Walnut Chicago, 60612
Location of (cake-chicago)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding