48 Reviews for Elysia Root Cakes

Cookies (1)
Gluten Free (1)
Organic (1)
46 Elysia Root Cakes Reviews

Elysia Root designed our wedding cake and it was even more beautiful and delicious than we had hoped! We had a short engagement and planned our wedding in three months. I honestly didn't have the time or desire to research or try a lot of cakes. Luckily, my husband found Elysia Root Cakes and we didn't need to look any further.

With nothing more to go on than the pictures of the beautiful cakes on her website, we booked a tasting with Elysia at her studio. We tried a few different types of cake and several different icings and finally decided on a three-tiered cake with different flavors on each tier. There is a ton of flexibility and she will customize your cake in any way you'd like.

We were not picky when it came to the cake design so we pointed out two different cakes we liked that were on display and Elysia took our ideas and ran with them. One hesitation I had was with having a fondant covered cake. In my experience, fondant usually tastes like a delightful combination of cardboard and chalk. I expressed my hesitation to Elysia, who said that her fondant was different. She let me try some and she was right, it was actually delicious! In fact, on my wedding day, I ended up stealing some of my guests' fondant from their pieces. It just might have been my favorite part!

We have had non stop rave reviews about our cake. Our guests loved it and commented on how good it was. I can confidently say that it's the best wedding cake I have had. Our venue ended up cutting small pieces of the cake so we had a ton of leftovers. Even after a week in the fridge, that cake still tastes amazing. We'll be eating the leftovers for a long time, probably until it's time to enjoy our anniversary tier, and we're definitely not sad about that.

The entire experience with Elysia Root Cakes was great. The process was easy, communication was prompt, and the delivery and instructions were perfect. Now we just need another occasion for a cake...

Profile Picture Andrea, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Elysia Root Cakes provided the cake for our wedding in September 2017 and she was absolutely incredible to work with. She is very professional and made us the cake of our dreams.

Not only did it end up looking spectacular, but it tasted amazing and we had many of our guests tell us how delicious they thought it was. We already cannot wait to get our anniversary cake from her next year!

To anyone looking for the perfect bakery to create that stunning cake for their big day, look no further - Elysia Root is simply the best.

Profile Picture Tom, 9/23/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was delicious and beautiful! We went into the tasting with soo many ideas. The team helped us narrow it down and create a cake that was absolutely perfect. I look forward to finding a reason to use them again!

Profile Picture Pauline, 8/26/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I could write a book on how amazing our experience was!!! Elysia Rootcakes is a 10! Outrageously delicious, always responded immediately, ORGANIC, real ingredients vs. chemicals, unique flavor combinations, a true artist, and quite accommodating. Many of our guests were gushing over the cake, and wanted to know where the cake was from. My florist was supposed to put the flowers on the cake for me, and at the last minute, was unable to. I phoned Elysia, and she graciously accepted, and made the cake look even more spectacular!!! One of the coolest perks: on your anniversary, Elysia Rootcakes will make you and your spouse, the top tier of your cake (you can pick the cake flavor and fillings), and you can enjoy this delicious masterpiece, all over again, and relive your precious moment. Rather than.....eat a cake that didn't quite make the year in your freezer. My husband and i are already dreaming of our cake ...pure bliss!!!! Oh, and one more awesome perk, if you order your cake with Alysia, she refunds the cake tasting (which you need to go to on the hungry side, because the portions are quite generous and filling). Our cake: 3 tiers, bottom and tip layer were coconut cake and middle was vanilla bean cake. All 3 tiers had white chocolate mousse filling, white chocolate buttercream filling, and lavender honey buttercream (top tier), and a merengue icing outside

Profile Picture User7391804, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Organic, Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

From the cake tasting process to designing our cakes to the final products, Elysia was an absolute pleasure to work with! Her detailed and thorough summaries of our wedding cake and grooms cake with handwritten sketches showed us exactly what our cakes would look like. Elysia Roots is so meticulous with details that they request color swatches to be hand delivered to their studio to ensure they match the color perfectly with our vision. Elysia's innovative skills brought our vision of our cakes to life and made our buttercream and fondant dreams come true! The groom's cake was a bigger hit than our wedding cake where Elysia was able to take our ideas for an infectious diseases theme to the next level. Not only was the presentation of our cakes spectacular but the cakes were so delicious! Many of our guests including ourselves thought this was the best wedding cake we've ever had! The only thing we wish was included was a wedding cake stand.

Profile Picture Sharon & Brian, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

Elysia and her team at Elysia root cakes were absolutely amazing! They were patient, kind, and talented and made our unique vision for a wedding cake come to life! They created a gluten-free red velvet cake for this celiac bride that was so amazing that our guests could not tell it was gluten-free! Elysia designed this incredible cake to personalize it to us, with the Buckingham fountain and our cats featured out of sugar/fondant. She was even wiling to hold on to our custom cake topper to alleviate our stress! She is the best!

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Elysia Roots is top in its class of wedding cakes. Not only are they a piece of art, they are the MOST delicious cakes we've ever had! We had so many compliments from our guests on our red velvet and cream cheese wedding cake! We did tastings at many vendors and Elysia's cakes were the BEST. They were not overly sweet like others we tried. The tasting experience was phenomenal. Her space is beautiful and the tasting is just such a luxurious experience. Elysia was so easy and flexible to work with. I already can't wait to order cakes for future events! They're the BEST! Not to mention it includes an anniversary cake so you don't have to eat frozen cake a year later. Go to Elysia for a tasting, you won't regret it and you will be sold!

Profile Picture Brooke, 11/12/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Setup, Private Tastings, Local

Don't even consider using another cake artist for your wedding! Elysia Root is the best. My wedding cake was one of the most important aspects of the wedding for me. I wanted something very specific and showstopping. From the first communication, through the design process and delivery, she showed the utmost professionalism truly listening to what I wanted. Elysia far exceeded the look I was trying to achieve and the final product ended up even better than what I imagined. I received many compliments from my guests. Not only did it look gorgeous but each layer was SO delicious. We decided on almond and chocolate cake with raspberry and nutella buttercream. It'll be really hard to wait a whole year to tear into the anniversary tier we're saving... Thank you Elysia!!

Profile Picture Maria, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We didn't do a traditional wedding cake, but Elysia and her team helped me pull off the best surprise for my groom - an airplane groom's cake! He's a commercial airline pilot, so I wanted to have the cake look as realistic as possible with some personal touches. Elysia made it happen in spectacular fashion! The look on his face when he saw the cake was priceless and it's one of my favorite moments of the day! Even all of his airline buddies have commented about how great the cake looked! The cake itself was delicious!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/14/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cookies, Groom's Cake

Our wedding cake was not only one of the best things I've eaten this year, but it belonged in a museum. We chose a "Chicago" theme for our cake and wedding, and Elysia Root delivered! The process was very easy, they're involved with the Green Wedding Alliance, and best of all we have a 1 year anniversary cake to look forward to that was included in our purchase!

Profile Picture Eric, 7/23/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Local

We used Elysia Root Cakes to do both our wedding and grooms cakes and they were both incredible! She was so easy to work with; guiding us through our inspiration and ideas and coming up with the perfect cakes! The tasting was so much fun and her cakes are stunning and delicious - it was hard to choose which flavors to use! She is also extremely flexible and works with you until it's perfect. We did the carrot cake for the groom's cake (which made carrot cake fans out of many nonbelievers) and Chocolate/Vanilla cake with Salted Caramel buttercream, White Chocolate buttercream, and Chocolate Fudge Buttercream with Strawberry Conserve. The cakes were definitely a hit with guests both nights and their presentation flawless. Highly recommended!!!
-Courtney and Grant

Profile Picture Grant, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Groom's Cake

Amazing cake, unique design! She is talented beyond belief and will work with you to find your vision even if you don't have a clear one coming in. Also, it was the best tasting wedding cake I have ever had. You can't go wrong working with this team of insanely talented bakers/designers!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/21/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

At my daughter's recent wedding at the Adler Planetarium in Chicago, we used Elysia Root Cakes. Just amazing and delicious. Not only did the cake look great, it was the best tasting wedding cake most of our guests ever had. You won't go wrong with Elysia Root.

Profile Picture Patty, 5/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Local, Cakes

Delicious wedding cake (and I generally don't like cake). We had a great time at the tasting, Elysia listened to our desires for a simple elegant cake, and the result was beautiful.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/14/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

LOVED our wedding cake from Elysia Root. We had a three tier cake at our wedding, each tier with a different flavor. In addition to the flavors list, Elysia was able to accommodate a special request based on our favorite flavor - pistachio!

Profile Picture Megan, 11/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our experience with Elysia Root cakes was outstanding. It started with the tasting where she provided us so much cake and frosting to taste that we actually walked out with a doggy bag!

Our cake design was absolutely stunning - she worked with what we had in mind and then made it even better. We heard from several guests that our cake was the most delicious they had ever tasted. We agree.

In fact, we love it so much that we ordered a small cake to eat in a few weeks when we come back to visit Chicago again!

Separately, she created a special cookie cake that was a surprise to me (the bride) from my parents. It looked exactly how it should and we were so happy to get that surprise.

Thank you for making our wedding dessert so tasty!

Profile Picture Arielle, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands

Best wedding cake ever! I had one vision for my cake and Elysia created it perfectly! It was amazing and so yummy! I can't wait until our first anniversary to eat it again! By far the best tasting and meeting we had either. She was so nice and offered her opinion but also listened to each of our concerns. We had an almond flavored cane with salted caramel and raspberry mousse filings. To die for!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/17/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Elysia & Stephanie did a fantastic job with our wedding cake. We sent a photo of what we were looking for and not only did they deliver the look, but the flavors were out of this world! We received numerous compliments on the cake design & flavors. It was truly more than we could have asked for. You must get your event cake from Elysia Root Cakes, they are simply the best!

Profile Picture User5527176, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery

I had my wedding at the Langham Hotel and they exclusively use Elysia Root for their wedding cakes. This ended up working perfectly because Elysia is awesome and her cakes are both stunning and tasty. When we showed up for the cake tasting we had no idea what we wanted the cake to look like, but seeing Elysia's work was inspiring. Her designs are beautiful. And the tasting itself was amazing - probably my favorite part of wedding planning process! We couldn't have been more pleased with the flavors and with the design concept. We went with a coconut cake and both passionfruit buttercream and strawberry conserve, which seemed to fit an August wedding perfectly. And for the design we asked for a white cake with a delicate gold lace pattern.

Going into the wedding day, I had a good idea of what to expect based on Elysia's sketch, but the cake really blew me away. It was gorgeous...and tasted amazing. It really exceeded all of our expectations!

Profile Picture User5435508, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED OUR CAKE!!! we had a three tier cake with three different frostings. We are still receiving compliments about how tasty and moist the cake was not to mention the flavor was just outstanding. Elysia was very personable and the cake was at the venue on time and we didn't have to save our top tier because we will get our very own cake on our 1st year anniversary. I also love that the fondant was very thing and not taking away from the flavor of the cake. Elysia did an amazing job! I will definitely be purchasing another cake from her.

Profile Picture Alice, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

The final product was gorgeous, and Elysia did a great job coordinating with our other vendors.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/2/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Elysia is perfection!! I went in and showed her a picture of exactly what I wanted and she nailed it!! It was such a gorgeous and beautiful cake and the cupcakes for the guests were devoured!!!!! Not only were they beautiful...but they were sooooo tasty. Trying the flavors was my hubby's favorite part of the wedding process :)

She's a dream to work with and was so professional. She made me feel so confident about all the sweets details. If you are doing any type of sweets for your weddings...you have to give her a call. She's fabulous!!!

Profile Picture Kristine, 4/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

What a wonderful experience! From the tasting appointment, to responsiveness with our requests, to day-of attention to detail, we couldn't be happier. More than anything, we were blown away by Elysia's creativity and attention to detail! Elysia designed a lace pattern for the sides of our wedding cake, and she matched it to my wife's dress! She found the lace pattern of the dress and reproduced it exactly on the cake. I can't recommend her highly enough.

Profile Picture User7365400, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Elysia was an absolute pleasure. She was super professional and attentive, the cake was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted, and our guests raved as well - trying their best to snag a slice of both of the cake flavors we had selected! The service we received was top notch and I wouldn't hesitate to to recommend her to someone looking for the best of the best in custom wedding cakes. Thanks so much Elysia!

Profile Picture User7365402, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

She was great to work with, made us a stunning cake and it was absolutely delicious! I'll be recommending Elysia to all my friends that become brides!

Profile Picture Meghan, 12/31/14, 4 Reviews