Elysia Root Cakes Reviews

48 | Chicago, IL

48 Reviews for Elysia Root Cakes

48 Elysia Root Cakes Reviews

Andrea · Married on 11/18/2017

Elysia Root designed our wedding cake and it was even more beautiful and delicious than we had hoped! We had a short engagement and planned our wedding in three months. I honestly didn't have the time or desire to research or try a lot of cakes. Luckily, my husband found Elysia Root Cakes and we didn't need to look any further.

With nothing more to go on than the pictures of the beautiful cakes on her website, we booked a tasting with Elysia at her studio. We tried a few different types of cake and several different icings and finally decided on a three-tiered cake with different flavors on each tier. There is a ton of flexibility and she will customize your cake in any way you'd like.

We were not picky when it came to the cake design so we pointed out two different cakes we liked that were on display and Elysia took our ideas and ran with them. One hesitation I had was with having a fondant covered cake. In my experience, fondant usually tastes like a delightful combination of cardboard and chalk. I expressed my hesitation to Elysia, who said that her fondant was different. She let me try some and she was right, it was actually delicious! In fact, on my wedding day, I ended up stealing some of my guests' fondant from their pieces. It just might have been my favorite part!

We have had non stop rave reviews about our cake. Our guests loved it and commented on how good it was. I can confidently say that it's the best wedding cake I have had. Our venue ended up cutting small pieces of the cake so we had a ton of leftovers. Even after a week in the fridge, that cake still tastes amazing. We'll be eating the leftovers for a long time, probably until it's time to enjoy our anniversary tier, and we're definitely not sad about that.

The entire experience with Elysia Root Cakes was great. The process was easy, communication was prompt, and the delivery and instructions were perfect. Now we just need another occasion for a cake...

Elysia Root Cakes 1

Tom · Married on 09/23/2017

Elysia Root Cakes provided the cake for our wedding in September 2017 and she was absolutely incredible to work with. She is very professional and made us the cake of our dreams.

Not only did it end up looking spectacular, but it tasted amazing and we had many of our guests tell us how delicious they thought it was. We already cannot wait to get our anniversary cake from her next year!

To anyone looking for the perfect bakery to create that stunning cake for their big day, look no further - Elysia Root is simply the best.

Pauline · Married on 08/26/2017

Our cake was delicious and beautiful! We went into the tasting with soo many ideas. The team helped us narrow it down and create a cake that was absolutely perfect. I look forward to finding a reason to use them again!

• User7391804 · 1+ year ago

I could write a book on how amazing our experience was!!! Elysia Rootcakes is a 10! Outrageously delicious, always responded immediately, ORGANIC, real ingredients vs. chemicals, unique flavor combinations, a true artist, and quite accommodating. Many of our guests were gushing over the cake, and wanted to know where the cake was from. My florist was supposed to put the flowers on the cake for me, and at the last minute, was unable to. I phoned Elysia, and she graciously accepted, and made the cake look even more spectacular!!! One of the coolest perks: on your anniversary, Elysia Rootcakes will make you and your spouse, the top tier of your cake (you can pick the cake flavor and fillings), and you can enjoy this delicious masterpiece, all over again, and relive your precious moment. Rather than.....eat a cake that didn't quite make the year in your freezer. My husband and i are already dreaming of our cake ...pure bliss!!!! Oh, and one more awesome perk, if you order your cake with Alysia, she refunds the cake tasting (which you need to go to on the hungry side, because the portions are quite generous and filling). Our cake: 3 tiers, bottom and tip layer were coconut cake and middle was vanilla bean cake. All 3 tiers had white chocolate mousse filling, white chocolate buttercream filling, and lavender honey buttercream (top tier), and a merengue icing outside

Lisa · Married on 06/10/2017

Elysia and her team at Elysia root cakes were absolutely amazing! They were patient, kind, and talented and made our unique vision for a wedding cake come to life! They created a gluten-free red velvet cake for this celiac bride that was so amazing that our guests could not tell it was gluten-free! Elysia designed this incredible cake to personalize it to us, with the Buckingham fountain and our cats featured out of sugar/fondant. She was even wiling to hold on to our custom cake topper to alleviate our stress! She is the best!

Brooke · Married on 11/12/2016

Elysia Roots is top in its class of wedding cakes. Not only are they a piece of art, they are the MOST delicious cakes we've ever had! We had so many compliments from our guests on our red velvet and cream cheese wedding cake! We did tastings at many vendors and Elysia's cakes were the BEST. They were not overly sweet like others we tried. The tasting experience was phenomenal. Her space is beautiful and the tasting is just such a luxurious experience. Elysia was so easy and flexible to work with. I already can't wait to order cakes for future events! They're the BEST! Not to mention it includes an anniversary cake so you don't have to eat frozen cake a year later. Go to Elysia for a tasting, you won't regret it and you will be sold!

Maria · Married on 10/15/2016

Don't even consider using another cake artist for your wedding! Elysia Root is the best. My wedding cake was one of the most important aspects of the wedding for me. I wanted something very specific and showstopping. From the first communication, through the design process and delivery, she showed the utmost professionalism truly listening to what I wanted. Elysia far exceeded the look I was trying to achieve and the final product ended up even better than what I imagined. I received many compliments from my guests. Not only did it look gorgeous but each layer was SO delicious. We decided on almond and chocolate cake with raspberry and nutella buttercream. It'll be really hard to wait a whole year to tear into the anniversary tier we're saving... Thank you Elysia!!

Megan · Married on 10/14/2016

We didn't do a traditional wedding cake, but Elysia and her team helped me pull off the best surprise for my groom - an airplane groom's cake! He's a commercial airline pilot, so I wanted to have the cake look as realistic as possible with some personal touches. Elysia made it happen in spectacular fashion! The look on his face when he saw the cake was priceless and it's one of my favorite moments of the day! Even all of his airline buddies have commented about how great the cake looked! The cake itself was delicious!

Eric · Married on 07/23/2016

Our wedding cake was not only one of the best things I've eaten this year, but it belonged in a museum. We chose a "Chicago" theme for our cake and wedding, and Elysia Root delivered! The process was very easy, they're involved with the Green Wedding Alliance, and best of all we have a 1 year anniversary cake to look forward to that was included in our purchase!

Grant · Married on 05/28/2016

We used Elysia Root Cakes to do both our wedding and grooms cakes and they were both incredible! She was so easy to work with; guiding us through our inspiration and ideas and coming up with the perfect cakes! The tasting was so much fun and her cakes are stunning and delicious - it was hard to choose which flavors to use! She is also extremely flexible and works with you until it's perfect. We did the carrot cake for the groom's cake (which made carrot cake fans out of many nonbelievers) and Chocolate/Vanilla cake with Salted Caramel buttercream, White Chocolate buttercream, and Chocolate Fudge Buttercream with Strawberry Conserve. The cakes were definitely a hit with guests both nights and their presentation flawless. Highly recommended!!!
    -Courtney and Grant

Christina · Married on 05/21/2016

Amazing cake, unique design! She is talented beyond belief and will work with you to find your vision even if you don't have a clear one coming in. Also, it was the best tasting wedding cake I have ever had. You can't go wrong working with this team of insanely talented bakers/designers!

Patty · Married on 05/20/2016

At my daughter's recent wedding at the Adler Planetarium in Chicago, we used Elysia Root Cakes. Just amazing and delicious. Not only did the cake look great, it was the best tasting wedding cake most of our guests ever had. You won't go wrong with Elysia Root.

Andrea · Married on 05/14/2016

Delicious wedding cake (and I generally don't like cake). We had a great time at the tasting, Elysia listened to our desires for a simple elegant cake, and the result was beautiful.

Megan · Married on 11/14/2015

LOVED our wedding cake from Elysia Root. We had a three tier cake at our wedding, each tier with a different flavor. In addition to the flavors list, Elysia was able to accommodate a special request based on our favorite flavor - pistachio!

Megan · Married on 10/17/2015

Best wedding cake ever! I had one vision for my cake and Elysia created it perfectly! It was amazing and so yummy! I can't wait until our first anniversary to eat it again! By far the best tasting and meeting we had either. She was so nice and offered her opinion but also listened to each of our concerns. We had an almond flavored cane with salted caramel and raspberry mousse filings. To die for!

Elysia & Stephanie did a fantastic job with our wedding cake. We sent a photo of what we were looking for and not only did they deliver the look, but the flavors were out of this world! We received numerous compliments on the cake design & flavors. It was truly more than we could have asked for. You must get your event cake from Elysia Root Cakes, they are simply the best!

I had my wedding at the Langham Hotel and they exclusively use Elysia Root for their wedding cakes. This ended up working perfectly because Elysia is awesome and her cakes are both stunning and tasty. When we showed up for the cake tasting we had no idea what we wanted the cake to look like, but seeing Elysia's work was inspiring. Her designs are beautiful. And the tasting itself was amazing - probably my favorite part of wedding planning process! We couldn't have been more pleased with the flavors and with the design concept. We went with a coconut cake and both passionfruit buttercream and strawberry conserve, which seemed to fit an August wedding perfectly. And for the design we asked for a white cake with a delicate gold lace pattern.

Going into the wedding day, I had a good idea of what to expect based on Elysia's sketch, but the cake really blew me away. It was gorgeous...and tasted amazing. It really exceeded all of our expectations!

Alice · Married on 08/01/2015

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED OUR CAKE!!! we had a three tier cake with three different frostings. We are still receiving compliments about how tasty and moist the cake was not to mention the flavor was just outstanding. Elysia was very personable and the cake was at the venue on time and we didn't have to save our top tier because we will get our very own cake on our 1st year anniversary. I also love that the fondant was very thing and not taking away from the flavor of the cake. Elysia did an amazing job! I will definitely be purchasing another cake from her.

Kristine · Married on 04/25/2015

Elysia is perfection!! I went in and showed her a picture of exactly what I wanted and she nailed it!! It was such a gorgeous and beautiful cake and the cupcakes for the guests were devoured!!!!! Not only were they beautiful...but they were sooooo tasty. Trying the flavors was my hubby's favorite part of the wedding process :)

She's a dream to work with and was so professional. She made me feel so confident about all the sweets details. If you are doing any type of sweets for your weddings...you have to give her a call. She's fabulous!!!

Meghan · Married on 12/31/2014

She was great to work with, made us a stunning cake and it was absolutely delicious! I'll be recommending Elysia to all my friends that become brides!

Jenna · Married on 12/13/2014

Elysia Root Cakes came highly recommended to us by our wedding planner, and we could not have been happier with our wedding cake. It was perfect! When we first met with Elysia, she was helpful in answering all of our questions and we really enjoyed our cake tasting experience. I had brought an image of a cake that I had found on Pinterest with me, and when I showed it to Elysia she said that they could absolutely make something similar--she even helped me to better define what I was looking for in my winter-themed cake. Elysia is highly-professional and very responsive in her emails. Most importantly, her cakes are AMAZING!! Our guests kept coming up to us to tell us how good the cake was--and we could not agree more, it was delicious! Thank you Elysia for helping to make it our dream wedding!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/25/2014

Elysia is awesome! During the wedding cake tasting she worked with us to come up with a personalized design that would incorporate elements of our invites. She sketched a draft of what our cake would look like so we knew exactly what to expect. She also made our Grooms cake which was a vintage helmet of my husband's favoirte football team. The Grooms cake was one of the biggest hits of our wedding and people still talk about how awesome it was! She is reliable, easy to work with, creatively gifted and most of all, her cakes taste amazing!

Ashli · Married on 10/18/2014

We loved working with Elysia! From the cake tasting to the designing of our cake, Eylisa was incredibly helpful and made the experience one of our favorite parts of planning our wedding! The cake was perfect and tasted amazing!!

Shaun · Married on 10/12/2014

Elysia Root is just a joy to work with . She is personable, friendly , kind and talented . She created the perfect wedding cake for my partner and I and couldn't be more happier. I am a catering manager in a hotel downtown and while i deal with a lot of bakery and cake designers, she stands out among the rest. She provides quality and tasty cakes, pastries and delicacies, provides value for your money, provides what the client wants is extremely creative ! Kudos to you on creating such a wonderful memory !

Lindsay · Married on 10/03/2014

Elysia Root Cakes was so easy to work with and made the most beautiful cupcakes I've ever seen! She was great at figuring out what we wanted and had the most amazing flavor options. We thought we would have extra left over and we didn't. Almost everyone commented on how good they were, and how beautiful.