Elite Entertainment Reviews

121 | San Jose, CA

121 Reviews for Elite Entertainment

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

We had such a friendly DJ, tony, who really allowed our guests to boogie down. He read the crowd right and everyone danced till the very end. He called us ahead of time and walked through the events with us and was really a great DJ.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/28/2013

Lets just say 5 stars don't even get close. Elite entertainment services made for a perfect worry free fun night. These guys are the best at what they do without a doubt!!! Would recommend them to anyone hosting an event. You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Jillian · Married on 07/20/2013

We had an amazing experience with Elite Entertainment and our DJ Paul for our wedding on 7/20/13.
    We knew it was meant to be when we met Paul because he has the same name as my now hubby.
    We planned our wedding in only 5 months and the DJ was the last vendor we booked. I found it difficult to book a DJ because I didn't know what I needed to know.
    Elite Entertainment was amazing. They walked us through the process before we booked with them and even let us meet with Paul prior to booking our date. They were very responsive to emails and questions that I sent regarding music and sound quality prior to the event and called us 2 weeks before to go over our event music list and any specific questions that they had. Less than a week prior to the wedding, Paul (the DJ) called us personally to confirm all the music and ask any outstanding questions he had as well. He gave us his personal cell phone number just in case we had any more questions before our big day.
    On the day of our wedding, everything went perfectly. All of the music we chose was played without fail and Paul did a great job of reading the crowd and playing music that kept people interested in dancing at the right times. Everyone commented on what a great job Paul did and how much fun they had which I attribute partly to such an awesome DJ and master of ceremonies.
    Paul worked really well with the catering staff as well as our day of coordinator so there were no concerns with anything. Thanks to Elite Entertainment and to Paul for helping make our day so great!

Sent on 08/04/2013

Elite Entertainment was amazing. I would recommend them to any future bride & groom for their wedding day.

Sent on 05/06/2013

Rick · Married on 04/13/2013

Our experience with Elite was perfect. My wife and I planned a wedding in the Bay Area from Nevada, but Turner and our DJ, Kevin, went out of their way to make it as easy as possible. Kevin followed up numerous times to finalize our playlist and make sure he knew how to pronounce all of the names in the party. The music selection was age appropriate, and Kevin made sure the evening flowed smoothly. It was nice not having to worry about anything going wrong with this portion of our wedding planning. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a high quality DJ service.

Sent on 04/24/2013

Ann · Married on 03/24/2012

Our DJ for our wedding was Kevin Combs and he was awesome. He was very professional and has the perfect announcer voice. He called a couple of days before the wedding to go over our music selections (which I really liked) and during the wedding If I wanted to cut a song short I just gave him a signal and he would fade the song out perfectly then on to the next event.
    We didn't use traditional wedding music and when it was all over he handed us 2 CD's with all the music from the ceremony and the reception. What a wonderful surprise that was. Thank you Kevin,

Sent on 03/30/2012

Howard · Married on 08/07/2011

I just wanted to say thank you for putting together an awesome party for our wedding! As our DJ Kevin can attest to, everyone was having a great time on the dance floor and it was non-stop!

Thanks for your flexibility when we kept switching songs on you, but I think everything ended up being perfect so it was well worth it! And of course, thanks for fitting in that "Falling" song! No one knows that song, but it had special meaning to us so it was great to hear it.

Again, thanks so much for making our special night even more perfect!

Sent on 08/09/2011

Keri · Married on 06/03/2006

Fantastic service!!! This was provided through our package with The Freedom Hall & Gardens. They gave us a huge list of music as suggestions to choose from and they even took our non-standard requests. The DJ was very friendly!!! The only hitch was that a few people names were mispronounced during the introductions. But that happens at a lot of the weddings that I have been to.

Sent on 12/01/2007

John · Married on 04/22/2017

DJ Ross did a great job for our wedding. He hit everything on our playlist and kept the dance floor full all night. So many compliments about the music. Ross also worked with us to make some personalized edits to our first dance songs and everything came out great. Could not have asked for more.

Sent on 09/16/2017

thorough. Gave a great help into coming up with the timeline for logistic purposes. All the guests had a great time on the dance floor. kept us on track of time.

Sent on 11/20/2015

Vanessa · Married on 10/11/2014

We had DJ Andrew from Elite Entertainment for our wedding and he was fantastic - our guests loved the music he played and we received a lot of compliments. Andrew kept our music preferences in mind (top 40, some EDM, 90s) while adapting to the crowd and how they responded to the music selection. He also executed on all our special songs, with the exception of being a tad late to start the recessional song.

Elite Entertainment as a whole also did a great job communicating during the planning stages - they proactively called and emailed. They had someone who was our primary contact before they handed things off to DJ Andrew the week of. Overall, great service.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/13/2014

I have to give a shout out for Kevin Combs the DJ for Elite Entertainment!! I got married last weekend and he was great!!! He knew we had a younger crowd mainly and played hit music that got them all to dance!! He also threw in some oldies to get my family to dance.

Not only was he good at being our DJ playing the music and getting the crowd pumped!! He was great at following all my timelines for the wedding!! He knew to me it was important that the wedding wasn't running too late and he did a EXCELLENT job making sure we stayed in our timelines. He basically ran the whole wedding like a wedding planner. He would come to me and inform me if there were any issues or questions. He was more than I could even ask for as a DJ.

Elite entertainment provides the audio equipment, speakers, and any upgrades you want. I think Kevin made our wedding as successful as it was without him I don't think it would have gone as smoothly as it did.

AMAZING DJ

Sent on 09/17/2014
  • Daniyelli85

Danielle · Married on 02/05/2010

We have Dave for our DJ from Elite Entertainment. He provided quality entertainment and a great party persona. There was really only one time that we kinda thought "What?". That was when he mixed up my Mom and my Stepdad's names. But everyone just laughed and shrugged it off. It will be one of those funny special memories that we laugh at for years to come. I would recommend Elite Entertainment in the future.

Sent on 02/27/2010

Aurora · Married on 09/22/2017

Elite Entertainment DJ'd our wedding on 9/22, and they did a rad job! (I will explain the lack of a fifth star.)

We originally met with Turner. From the moment we arrived and discussed our wedding, our needs, our music tastes, etc., we knew EE was going to be the DJ company for us. We felt heard, like our wedding mattered to them, and they had the tools to make it happen. We booked them, including Turner himself to be our DJ!

Turner was amazing! He was responsive, matched our energy, and even put together a special edit of two songs for my bridal entrance. A+! Unfortunately, due to *totally* understandable medical reasons, Turner had to drop out of doing our wedding. We then met with Kevin, who took over for Turner (one of the perks of booking a company, there's backup!)

The day-of went mostly well. Kevin is an exceptional MC, handling introductions and the flow of the entire evening with wonderful tone and poise! The only thing we felt could have gone better was his reading of the room/energy during the reception and the playing of the songs we'd given him.

Whenever he played the fast songs we'd listed, people were on the floor and digging it. When he played ones not on our list, you could feel the energy drop.

Additionally, we had to request that he play our slow songs at all; after our first dance (performed live by two of my family members) there were literally no slow songs until we asked to hear them, and even then, there were two back-to-back, not spread out. We didn't hear a lot of what we'd put on the list for him to play; it felt like he'd maybe forgotten to bring the list with him? Or just disregarded our choices? Not sure.

However, despite these small qualms, I had a BLAST at my wedding/reception, so in the end, it worked out.

Sent on 10/10/2017
  • Mary Grace

Mary Grace · Married on 02/15/2013

We hired them as our DJ as part of our reception package with freedom hall and gardens. Kevin, our DJ is a great person to work with. He surely followed up with us constantly as I have put music planning a little late in our timeline. What made it easy for me working with Kevin is that I did my "homework" I did research on my song choices and I filled the form he provided completely. He also made an effort to learn how to pronounce our names correctly, and that is something you don't really find just anywhere. He is very accommodating to our guests' requests and really didn't play what we specified that shouldn't be played.

Sent on 03/03/2013

An-Chia · Married on 04/26/2008

I had Ross as my DJ for my April wedding. He is quite experienced and plays music according to the crowd. I had a lot of shy guests that don't usually dance and I was very worried about having an empty dance floor. But Ross played a lot of slow dances for this crowd and things turned out great.

Sent on 07/04/2008

sheryl · Married on 06/05/2011

3.0

They were good. Came with the hall as part of their package, so the value is there. I was very (very) specific in the music I wanted (and did not want) to hear. THey didn't completely stick to this, which kind of annoyed me. It's my wedding. i want to hear what I want to hear and I'm 31. I don;t want to hear 1984 Richard Marx... When I give a list monthsl in advance, improvistaion shoudl ot be necessary. But they were fine.

Sent on 10/06/2011

Jade · Married on 05/25/2008

They were awesome... very professional and always available.
    You can ask them to Emcee, set up in 2 locations and request songs.
    Very professional!

Sent on 07/15/2008

Angela · Married on 08/25/2007

We used Elite Entertainment because of their Diamond rating for professional quality. Our MC was Turner Hayes and he was just amazing. He moved the reception along at an excellent pace, letting us know what to do next based on a previously discussed timeline. I didn't want to worry about when I should do what and Turner made sure that our bridal party didn't miss a beat without being pushy or insistant. If you want a great DJ who knows how to make an event go smoothly I would absolutly recommend Elite Entertainment and especialy Turner.

Sent on 10/19/2007

3.4
      3.0

I was referred to Elite Entertainment by a friend and she specified that DJ Tony was great at her friends wedding so we decided to meet with him and ultimately ended up hiring him because of his bilingual ability and it seemed like he knew the type of music we were thinking of for our wedding. In the weeks leading up to the wedding the company had us fill out a long form with wedding details and timeline including what songs we wanted played at our wedding. So I took the time to do this and he only played a few from our list. In addition I don't think he was prepared for our wedding as he originally told us that he would contact us about a week or 2 before the wedding and he started contacting me the 3 days before our wedding and we played phone tag for two of the days and ended up speaking about the music the afternoon before our wedding, thus it was no surprise that he didn't do a good job in mixing up the Spanish and English songs throughout the night, instead he only played spanish during the dinner and early reception and then all english. Not only was this a let down, for being a DJ and MCee he didn't have very much enthusiasm, I wasn't looking for a cheesy DJ, but at least someone who was a bit more excited/enthusiastic.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Reiko · Married on 09/27/2014

0.6
      0.0
      0.0
      1.0

Our experience with this DJ company was HORRIBLE. I would never ever recommend working with this vendor to anyone.

DJ service for my wedding was not top priorities, so we went with the cheapest in town. Elite DJ offers a deal, which they assign your DJ 10 days before the event.

Well my DJ never contacted us despite repeated emails. He finally called us 5 days before the big day. 5 days! Needless to say, we did not have time to set up a face-to-face meeting with this seemingly rookie DJ. He was the most unprofessional person I have ever worked with in my entire life. Never on time, lack of attention to any details, over confident in his ability, lack of experience in technology to name few.

We paid more to have audio system for the ceremony hill. one of the wireless mics was not working the entire time. Most guests couldn't hear the officiant as a result of it.

His music selection was horrible that our guests and we had to go over and tell him what to play. We submitted detailed song list that we wanted him to play. None of them were honored.

He also played the wrong version of our first dance, which we had practiced several months for.

Office admin, Kevin, is responsive and very pleasant, thus I gave a star.

I really wished we had paid extra to hire reliable DJ...

Sent on 11/20/2014