Elena Skaya Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Tiffany
    Tiffany B. Married on 09/26/2021

Elena & Nik have done it again!

When Elena Skaya captured my sisters wedding in 2019 I knew they were going to be the ones I wanted to have for my own wedding. Fast forward two years later when I found myself planning my wedding, Elena & Nik were the first vendor I contacted. Photography/Videography was the biggest expense of my wedding, and though it may seem like a small fortune, it's not one you want to cut corners on. The flowers will be withered away, your dress stored, never to be worn again, the food will be gone & no one will even remember what was served, & lets be honest, that piece of cake you have in your freezer is going to taste like cardboard on your first anniversary. The photos and videos will last a lifetime. They will capture just how stunning you look in that dress & how perfectly your bouquet coordinates, how beautiful your cake display was & how all of the decor you spent countless hours deciding on came together. Having the video you will be able to watch all of your "first looks" over and over again. You will be able to see the look on your grooms face the moment he sees you walking down the aisle. For this, you cannot put a price tag on.
    Kara Married on 06/05/2021

Fun, easy and beautiful!!

Our photos turned out amazing! We absolutely loved working with Elena Skya! They were fantastic and made us feel so comfortable!
  • Hannah
    Hannah L. Married on 05/29/2021

Best in the biz!

Photography is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing for your wedding and I’m so so sooooo happy with my decision to choose Elena! She did such a phenomenal job, I couldn’t have asked for better. Her style is elegant and modern, she is professional & courteous, and was able to help me pose to get the best pictures. I would highly recommend her services, I plan on using her for future photo shoots!
    Kirsten Married on 04/16/2021

Amazing experience and photos!

Elena and her father photographed our small 40 person wedding in April. They were both so nice and captured our day perfectly. I’m so happy with how our pictures turned out and we will really cherish them forever.
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 10/31/2020

Amazing and so talented!!

Elena is beyond talented!! She’s done my headshots for work, our engagement photos and our wedding. I’ve only gotten my sneak peak so far from our wedding and I am in love!! I’ve never seen such beautiful wedding photos. I highly recommend working with her and her husband Nik. They are super professional, creative, and fun to work with! We plan to use them in the future for all of the important moments in our lives. Thank you Elena and Nik!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer B. Married on 09/19/2020

Unique and Gorgeous Photos

I cannot recommend Elena and Nik enough if you want stunning, gallery-worthy photos. We were looking for some different, more high fashion photos rather than just the usual poses and Elena was so great at thinking out of the box and really capturing some special moments. Nik was a wonderful videographer and was able to give us a very quick turn around on our ceremony video (fully edited!) for us to post for those would couldn't be there due to COVID. They were very professional, reliable and just great people to be around all day. Highly recommend booking them if you can, we have gotten so many compliments just from the few photos we have seen so far!
    Hayley Married on 11/16/2019

Best Photographer!

Elena was the most amazing photographer for our wedding! She was so willing to work with us, despite our crazy schedules and ideas for our engagement pictures and our photos on our wedding day. She has so many great ideas for poses, pics, etc. All of our pictures were edited and sent back to us in a timely manner, and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out! We will use her as our photographer for all of our life milestones! She's amazing!
  • kawaiiamaiai
    Amber Married on 11/09/2019

Perfect In Every Way

I heard about Elena through a mutual friend and hired her without even meeting just based on my friend's good word and all of the gorgeous pictures I had seen.

Her and her husband made my wedding day perfect and all of our pictures far surpassed all of my expectations. Do not hesitate in hiring her. You will not be sorry.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer S. Married on 10/19/2019

Captured our Love

Elena and Nik are amazing photographers who were open to our ideas and made them even better! They were very accommodating to all of the places we wanted pictures taken for our engagement pictures, and they even took us to First Landing State park between our wedding and reception because we wanted pictures with the changing leaves. Wow! They are super knowledgeable and the pictures turned out so beautifully! They were also very communicative throughout the process which was appreciated, and the slideshow at the wedding was such a nice touch :)
    Kimberly D. Married on 09/20/2019

Incredible experience

Dont look any further. You’ve found THE BEST photographer and videographer husband and wife duet in all of Hampton roads. I had a special request to surprise my husband with a horse to be in our wedding photos and they were just as excited about it as I was! They did a day-of surprise slide show at the end of our reception with about 15 photos which made everyone ball their eyes out. They also posted over 20 fully edited breathtaking photos in less than 32 hours. Elena and Nik were so genuine, calming, and professional. You can’t ask for 2 better people to take along with you on your wedding journey. From the beginning of the 14 month planning process until well after the wedding was over, these 2 made us feel like we were family. Never once did we feel like we were a bother, even with our hundreds of questions that we probably asked more than once!!! Thank you Elena and Nik. You guys helped make our dream come true.
    Rose C. Married on 08/14/2019

A Joy to work with!

I had the pleasure to work with Elena on wedding recently. Her professionalism and experience was seen at every point of the event. The final pictures (sneak peek) shows how skillful and talented she is behind the camera. I would work with Elena over, and over again. As a Professional Wedding Planner I would recommend her to any couple.
  • Taylor
    Taylor B. Married on 08/03/2019

Best photographer and videographer around!

Elena and Nik are truly amazing. From our first session with them for our engagement photos we knew we found the perfect photographer and videographer. We recently recieved our wedding photos and videos back and we were blown away by the quality. During the wedding we hardly noticed their presence but they managed to capture the whole night. We love that we not only have the pictures to look back on but we have the video as well. Every time we watch it we feel like we get to relive the best night of our lives!
    Hanna Married on 07/20/2019
    We had our engagement ceremony during cherry blossom period in 2018 in DC - Elena and Nikita did an amazing work! It was our second photo session (we did Love Story last year) with Elena and this time she helped/consulted me to chose the colors of our outfits and the exact location as we both love T.Jefferson memorial. On the day of the photo session Elena and Nikita arrived earlier to set up and prepare everything for the session. I always considered myself as a non-photogenic person, so I was worried. Through the photo session, Elena helped me to relax, be myself and more over, open myself up from a different side I have never seen. I felt so confident and as if I have always been a model. Also, my fiancé enjoyed the session and the work Elena and Nikita put in to us. They both continuously helped us, by saying where to look, how to stand, how to put our hands- so we looked incredible! We are so lucky, we had them to shoot our Engagement session. We are now planning our wedding- overseas, and we are definitely inviting them, so stay tuned to see their unbelievable work!
  • Self
    Self Married on 06/15/2019

Very professional and capture great photos!

Elena and her partner were our photographers at our wedding on 05/11/19 at Norfolk. First of all, they are very flexible. you can customize your own package and they also do videos. Their price is reasonable since they did a fantastic job on our wedding day! Their responses are quick and efficient. You can even get a hold on them on weekends. Their sneak peek is fast and eventually, they would build a website gallery for your own wedding day photo. It was both very sunny and raining on my wedding day but they still did a good job of capturing great photos. They are patient and pay close attention to what is going on so they were able to utilize all the chances to capture as many as photos as they can.
    Meredith G. Married on 01/19/2019

Love my Wedding Photos!

We worked with Elena (photographer) and her husband (videographer) for our wedding on Sept 8 2019. We LOVE our photos and they posted a sneak peak video and wedding photos within 48 hours of our wedding! We loved their style photography, felt like models in our photos. They were super flexible, organized, and fun to work with! Highly recommend!
    Jordan Married on 11/10/2018

Nik and Elena Captured Our Wedding Beautifully

Nik and Elena were a joy to work with. They are a nice young couple who made my fiancee (now wife) and I very comfortable during our engagement shoot because they would demonstrate the poses themselves. For the wedding, we were very pleased with how the photos came out and the ideas Nik and Elena had. They seem to have all the latest gadgets, and Nik even used a drone to get awesome aerial footage of the venue that captured the bride getting ready through the window. Overall, a very nice, professional, and reliable couple to work with who provided us with beautiful memories that will last forever.

Elena Skaya Photography's reply:

Jordan, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Your wedding was unforgettable and so many people commented on how beautiful your bride (now wife) Kim is in your wedding film and images. We truly enjoyed working with you all and from the bottom of our hearts we wish you many years of happiness, joy and mutual understanding in your marriage. We're so glad we've met you and Kim and we thank you for trusting us with your wedding day.
    Katie Married on 10/27/2018

The Best--Made everyone look stunning and captured naturally happy moments

Elena is Extremely professional and gifted. She works with her husband (they are so cute) so you essentially get two for the price of one. The Background: I met Elena and within 30 seconds of meeting her I knew I would I hire her. I booked a photographer and that photographer, who will remain unnamed, backed out 90 days before my wedding. we were already on a short timeline (5 month engagement). So I was in a panic. Also, I'm the worst bride ever and I have a super busy job and no wedding planner and I had no idea what to ask, look for, etc. She met me on a short turnaround and was very responsive throughout the process. She was professional & patient. Every questions she asked of me, my answer was: "um, I don't know." and she was very patient and professional and told me how she ran things. I knew she was perfect because she would guide me through the day. Wedding Day: The weather was gross and the church did not allow flash photography but My photos are perfect. Also I was running late to the ceremony and stressed out but she told me to wait and take some bridals...I think I was a bit annoyed and stressed but it was worth it. She said something to the effect of "they can't start without you" and took some beautiful photos of me on a Colonial Couch....it was stunning. My husband absolutely HATES taking photos but she captured some amazing VERY NATURAL shots of the two of us...truly talented.. I will absolutely be recommending Elena and calling her for any future life events. THANK YOU!

Elena Skaya Photography's reply:

Oh, Katie... I just read your review, It means a lot to me! Thanks for detailed description! Yes, it was rainy day, but It was beautiful anyway! I love that it was so warm and intimate and of course your Dad's toast.... It was something... My lips were shaking...

By the way your first dance song!!! That's actually what my husband offered me to play for the first dance! He loves Red Hot Chili Peppers! ;)

Katie and Ashley, we wish you a lifetime of happiness!
    Paige Married on 10/06/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

Elena is very professional, personable and talented! From the first meeting we felt so comfortable with Elena as she took the time to get to know us and made sure she understood our vision. My now husband and I had never taken professional photos before...During the engagment shoot she helped us relax, be comfortable and made it such a fun day. And the photos turned out amazing! We are also beyond happy with the way our wedding photos turned out. We have so many favorites and she made our simple back yard wedding look so spectacular. Elena was very involved during our big day, captured every moment and my family really enjoyed talking with her. I am so happy we chose Elena to capture such an important moment in our lives. She is so easy to work with and is very passionate about her work. We look forward to working with her again in the future!
  • Sheneka
    Sheneka Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing photographers!

Elena and Nik were absolutely fantastic to work with! We were able to create a custom package with her to include, engagement, wedding day and post wedding portraits. She fully understood our needs/special requests and was very flexible with our schedules.

They genuinely care about making your day special and are very friendly. We couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos and our post-wedding portraits were spectacular!
    Timber H. Married on 09/08/2018

Elena and Nick done our wedding pictures, she also done boudoir pictures for me as well! I cannot day enough nice things about them, they are AMAZING!

I cannot say enough nice things about Elena & Nick. They done our wedding photos, plus a wedding video and I was MORE than pleased! I could not have chosen any better photographers, they done a wonderful job. They were very easy and fun to work with, they done everything we wanted and I will always choose them when I need a photographer! :)
    Shea Married on 08/25/2018

Wonderful wedding

Wonderful and professional pair. Captured all the perfect shots. Absolutely lovely.
  • Paige
    Paige G. Married on 07/14/2018

Best choice I made for my wedding!

I was so worried about choosing a photographer because I am in NY and my wedding was in VA. So I had to completely go off of reviews and price. Wow, did I luck out! This group was the best decision I made for my wedding-- and everyone else agrees too! Their price is good, they are very friendly and wonderful, and wow is their work (video and photos) spectacular! Couldn't have dreamt of anything better.
  • Elena
    Elena Married on 07/01/2018

Highly Recommended

Nick and Elena are incredible and we are beyond happy with our wedding photos. Elena kept in contact with us from the day I hired her to the very last day.
    They captured the best moments and emotions of our day and helped us look our best in every photo. Elena did an amazing job staying within our timeline frame to make sure everybody and every detail was captured on camera.
    It was sweet of them to send us a Christmas card and brownies for our first anniversary! Nice to be remembered!
    The album Elena made for us was absolutely beautiful. In general, money well spent.
    Ashley Married on 06/30/2018
    From beginning to end it was easy to work with you both. Any questions or concerns that I had where addressed promptly. We're completely satisfied with our photos and can't wait to work with you guys!