Elegant Whims Reviews

51 Elegant Whims Reviews
  • Echo

Echo Dearsman · Married on 10/30/2018

Personable and Kind

As the wedding photographer of Echo by Design, it has been my pleasure to work with both Patti + Melinda as they guide their couples through their wedding day! They have been personable, kind, and always professional! It has always been their goal to meet you, know you, and give you your best options both leading up to the wedding day and on your day itself. How lucky you would be to have them by your side! Thank you, Patti + Melinda for always making it super easy to do my job, being fantastic at yours, and helping serve our brides together!

• Samantha

Samantha Weizman · Married on 08/11/2018

A combination of Fergie and Jesus

I worked with Patti and Melinda for a year and a half to plan my wedding. They are two hardworking women who love their job and you can see it in their work. If you want a stress free, perfect, and fun wedding than I would suggest Patti and Melinda. They also know how to tame 150 crazy Italians (which is hard to do). They knew the best vendors and everything was beyond perfect. I couldn't imagine my wedding day without them! They rock!!!

Elegant Whims 7
    Elegant Whims 12
    Elegant Whims 13
    Elegant Whims 14

Michelle · Married on 07/21/2018

Recently I attended my nieces wedding where Elegant Whims was the wedding planning company. Melinda and Patti were so helpful to my sister (mother of the bride) and my niece, (the bride). These amazing ladies were with them every step of the way giving wonderful advice and support. We enjoyed the week before the wedding knowing everything was being handled by these wedding planners. I will recommend Elegant Whims to everyone!!! I will also be using them in the future when my daughter gets married.

Adam Davis · Married on 06/30/2018

Excellent Service

Our wedding day was perfect and that was thanks in large part to Patti and Melinda. I cannot say enough good things about them. From the initial planning, to helping with the vendor selection, all the way to the coordination during the wedding/reception; their attention to detail, professionalism, and genuine desire to make our special day one we would always remember truly made my wife and I feel like we were their sole clients. They took all of the stress out of the day for me but more importantly for my wife Val. Because so much of the process leading up to and during the big day was handled by them we could sit back and just enjoy the journey together. Thank you Patti and Melinda I would recommend you to all my friends in a heartbeat.
    - Adam

Mallory · Married on 03/10/2018

Our venue recommended Patti and Melinda to help with our March 2018 wedding and immediately after meeting with them we knew that Elegant Whims could provide everything we needed. These two are so well connected that they helped us to find vendors we would have never found ourselves and they truly made wedding planning fun and enjoyable (crazy I know)! They never hesitated to work with my hectic schedule as I finished school in Columbus and planned a wedding in Cincinnati. They handled every curve ball with grace and were a calming and knowledgable presence throughout the entire time we worked with them. I firmly believe that the best money we spent on our wedding was for Patti and Melinda's services and that we could not have put together the event we did without them! We are so grateful to them and all that they did for us! You really can't go wrong with these two on your team!

Elegant Whims 15
    Elegant Whims 21
    Elegant Whims 22
    Elegant Whims 23

Alyson · Married on 09/30/2017

Patti and Melinda made our dreams come true. Not only were they there every step of the way guiding us to select the right vendor for our day, but the day of our wedding they made it run flawlessly. Everytime I turned around they were there to help. I would recommend them to anyone. They made me laugh throughout the wedding planning even when I was a little stressed out. Thank you ladies for making our day perfect we couldn't have done it without you.

Brooke · Married on 07/02/2017

Patti and Melida are PHENOMENAL!! They are truly so helpful and so personable. They worked so hard to make our wedding MY FAVORITE DAY EVER! I love their connection together but also their knowledge and the true love that they have for every bride and groom. You feel like you are their own daughter and a part of the family. I cannot thank them enough for being so wonderful and planning the PERFECT wedding!

Megan · Married on 05/13/2017

Melinda and Patti were wonderful! I would highly recommend them!

M. · Married on 03/04/2017

My husband and I got married last spring, and I got to say - Patti and Melinda were amazing!
    I never thought I would be the girl with a wedding planner. I'm organized, my family used to cater, I didn't think it would be a big deal at all.
    But once I got into the nitty gritty of wedding planning, I felt like every decision I made just made five more new decisions I wasn't expecting. Patti and Melinda took my husband and I gently by the hand and guided us through everything. They never pushed or prodded, but were always there when we needed them!

Bonnie · Married on 11/12/2016

My daughter's wedding last month was everything we had dreamed of and more. Even though my daughter and I are both very organized, we choose to hire Elegant Whims Wedding Planners. They were the perfect choice. We could not have managed everything the way they did. I had no worries, stress or responsibilities that day. I had time to enjoy every minute with my daughter and family. Thank you Patti and Melinda for caring so much. I will be referring you to everyone.

Robin · Married on 09/03/2016

Patti an Melinda were amazing day of coordinators (and decorators). They both hustled and worked hard with the limited time they had to make such a beautiful reception and ceremony space. They kept us on track all evening and made sure our big day went off without a hitch. Can't thank them enough!!!!

Colleen · Married on 08/27/2016

Highly recommend Elegant Whims. Our daughters wedding was a wonderful day that surpassed all expectations. Melinda and Patti of Elegant Whims are everything you need to have a beautiful and stress free wedding. These ladies are amazing. They are talented, organized, creative, and no detail is left to chance on your big day. The vendor list they work with is the best of the best. They will take all of the unknowns out of planning. On the day of of the wedding they take care of everything from church to reception. They stayed all night with us. I can't say enough about how great our experience was working with Melinda and Patti. They are beautiful people as well as the best wedding planners you will ever need. They have multiple tiers of planning help that will fit in any brides budget. You will love them.

Aimee · Married on 08/20/2016

Elegant Whims was amazing. They helped me create my perfect wedding day, everything was seamless and unique. I am so grateful for these ladies helping me out.

Sarah · Married on 05/14/2016

I had booked the Simply Stunning package with Elegant Whims, which was 2 planning meetings and full day of coordination. Melinda was probably the best addition to our day. She was there there every step of the way to help in anyway needed! We had our wedding and reception at the Kingsgate Marriott and she coordinated everything seamlessly with all of the vendors including the Marriott. During our meeting with the venue about a month prior she took down every detail that I wanted to see happen and when we got to see everything put together on the day of it was amazing. She was flawless in executing the flip from the ceremony to the reception (which included moving a lot of flowers, plants and personal items etc). She was also a great help in moving guests to the right places and being there to cue my husband and I for the important events (i.e. first dance, cake cutting etc.). Melinda and Elegant Whims was my second vendor booked as I knew I would want to simply forget all the planning and decision making on my wedding day and leave all of the stress and decisions up to a professional. If you are the type of person who likes to plan and get everything organized but who wants someone else to execute then I would highly recommend Elegant Whims. Thanks again Melinda, it was an amazing day that we will never forget!

I'm the mother of the bride & these two ladies are simply amazing at what they do! This is the second time I've hired them. Both times were destination weddings. I worried about absolutely nothing on the wedding day. I highly recommend them, they really know this business and what should happen on that special day. I can't imagine doing a wedding without them. I can't say enough good about Elegant Whims!!

Nicole · Married on 12/12/2015

They did day of wedding coordinating for us! They did a great job and there is no way we could have done it without them!

Ellen · Married on 11/29/2015

We booked Patti and Melinda for our day of planners. I have told several people that as the mother of the bride it was the best money spent from our budget and I would recommend this service to any mother that wants to be "present" with their daughter on her special day. Our venue choice held both the ceremony and the reception and did require a flip (and was booked the night before so everything had to be done the day of). I literally dropped everything off with instruction and then went off to truly be "Mother of the Bride". I can honestly say I never worried for one moment. They were both very thorough in communications and questions through our meetings that I had great confidence in what we walked into an hour before the ceremony, and it was Beautiful! They were both so pleasant and easy to work with and can handle the quick change decisions that came into play as well. Again...best use of wedding budget monies!!

Christi · Married on 11/13/2015

No way could we have accomplished this life event without them!!! What awesome ladies and wow organized, knowledgeable and positive at ALL times!

My mom and I went to our first bridal show shortly after I got engaged, just to look around to get some ideas about starting the planning process. Needless to say, I was completely overwhelmed and a little scared about the daunting task of planning a wedding. We randomly came across Patti and Melinda's booth, and I am so grateful we did! They explained their services, and I immediately set up an appointment... and the rest is history! I absolutely cannot imagine NOT having Patti and Melinda as part of our wedding. From day 1, they were so helpful, patient, professional, and they GET THINGS DONE. From selecting a venue to choosing napkin colors, Patti and Melinda are experts and they help take away the stress that comes with weddings. On the day of the wedding, they made sure everything was executed absolutely flawlessly, and, if there were any problems, I don't even know about them, because they handled EVERYTHING. I heard horror stories from my friends (who didn't hire wedding planners) about vendors calling them with problems the day of their wedding. I cannot even imagine having to do that! Patti and Melinda are an absolute joy and I am going to miss seeing them on a regular basis now that the wedding is over. Hands down, the first and best thing you should do for your wedding is hire Elegant Whims. Not only will you get top notch wedding planners, you will also get 2 new friends! Thank you, Patti & Melinda!!

Kendra · Married on 10/03/2015

I could not of planned my wedding without Patti and Melinda, they were the biggest help. From the beginning, they were professional and always a phone call or email away if I needed anything. They helped me find vendors within my budget. And with decorating I had no idea what I wanted, but had lots of ideas. They helped me organize all my ideas and made it soo easy. If I did not have Patti nor Melinda I would of been a stressed out mess. They helped me plan the wedding of my dreams and I could not of asked for anything more. Thank you so much guys!!

This was my fourth wedding working as an intern with Elegant Whims. We (Elegant Whims) had been double booked that day, and so Melinda and I went to one wedding, while Patti and the other intern went to another.
    This wedding was the first barn wedding that I had been a part of. Our biggest challenge was making sure that all of the guests fit into the limited space and still had room for the buffet. After some finagling - we made it work.
    The other challenge was that the ceremony site was a solid ten minute walk from the reception site. All up hill. We had golf carts provided by the site vendor, but still, communication between the sites was key. Because of Melinda's superior communication skills and crisis anticipation, we were able to avoid any unfortunate circumstances.
    It had rained a lot the night before, and Melinda showed me how to get mud stains out of bridesmaids dresses.
    The other valuable thing I learned from this wedding was planning for bad weather. We had several back up plans if it had ended up raining that day.
    I learned a lot from Melinda in this fourth wedding, and it proved to be one that we both look back on as a challenging success.
    I may be a bit biased, but when you have these two ladies on your side, your wedding's challenges won't even exist in your eyes. This intern has learned a lot from Elegant Whims, and continues to do so even after eight months.

Mary · Married on 07/04/2015

Patti and Melinda made this easy. My husband and I planned a reception in Cincinnati, Ohio, while we were stationed in South Korea. Patti and Melinda made it feel effortless on our part. They communicated with us extremely efficinetly and consistently, which is not easy when you are seperated by a 13 hour time difference. When we finally came home to celebrate, meeting Patti and Melinda felt like we already knew them. They were absolutely amazing, professional, and truly cared about us and ensured our reception was amazing.

Angie · Married on 05/30/2015

Using Elegant Whims allowed the families of the bride and groom to enjoy the day with their children. They made the process of planning a wedding a fun and memorable experience. I would highly recommend them and would use them again in the future.

Katie · Married on 05/30/2015

We loved Patti and Melinda, they were absolutely amazing and don't know how we would have survived the wedding planning without them!