EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography) Reviews

31 | Westhampton Beach, NY

31 Reviews for EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography)

EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography) 1
EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography) 2
EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography) 3
EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography) 4
EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography) 5
  • Alex

Alex Pavincic · Married on 09/01/2019

Best service provider

East End Entertainment was the BEST CHOICE that we made for our wedding. They were absolutely amazing to work with. This is by far the best company ever and was our favorite service provider!!! Michael and his team were absolutely amazing to work with during the wedding preparation period. They got on the phone with us multiple times to prepare an outline and even did walk-throughs at the venue with us. They were extremely attentive to all of our many requests and went through many iterations of our timeline with us. Our guests have also not stopped raving about the performance. We used a ton of services and everything was stellar: the string quartet during the ceremony, Tyrone on Steel drums during the cocktail hour, and the reception was amazing: Eric on percussion/vocals, Samford on Sax, Jimmy & Susan on vocals!! The photo booth team was also a wonderful treat for our guests. Everyone loved the greenscreen! Finally Jonny Ray on acoustic guitar for the after hours beach bonfire party was awesome. The professionalism the whole team displayed was great!! East End Entertainment was the BEST to work with. We will 100% recommend them for our siblings weddings in the future!!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan · Married on 06/15/2019

Highly recommend

We just had Michael Variale DJ our wedding and I could not recommend him more. He is such a nice guy, he genuinely wanted to make our day special in any way he could. He completely quarterbacked the entire night and the event flowed seamlessly.

The entire process couldn't have been easier. He gave suggestions, respected everything we wanted and didn't want, and we had no stress when it came to our entertainment for the night.

Additionally, we had Johnny Ray do our ceremony and cocktail hour and it was awesome to have some live acoustic music for the first half of our day before having a DJ for our reception. People loved the cocktail hour music and I still have been receiving compliments about how good our guitarist was. We requested a short list of songs and he was able to play EVERY one of them no questions asked, and he sprinkled in some of his favorites as well.

Could not recommend East End more!!!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Allyson · Married on 10/27/2018

Would definitely reccommend!

Michael at East End Entertainment was wonderful! He was attentive, reliable and very quick to answer any questions/concerns. My fiance and I were pretty specific about our music choices and he was sure to guide us in the right direction about what would keep the dance floor going! Many guests have since complimented our DJ and said the songs and order of songs were the best they've seen! He was so easy to work with and worked with all of our needs!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Suzanne · Married on 09/08/2018

They provided gorgeous indoor and outdoor lighting for my vineyard wedding. Michael wasn't sure if he could uplight my cake, but I was so excited to see he found a way! He also provided gorgeous gobos for my dance floor and lit up the vines and outdoor gazebo. Just fabulous work and very flexible! I highly recommend working with Michael to any couple!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/13/2018

We hired East End Entertainment for our July wedding - Johnny Ray played/sang at our rehearsal dinner, the string quartet performed for our ceremony and Michael, Gus and Eric did our reception. From start to finish they were amazing! Johnny Ray and the string quartet were both so talented. As for the reception, our guests have not stopped raving about how much fun they had and how different and cool it was to have a DJ accompanied by live music. Multiple people have told me this was the most fun they have EVER had at a wedding. We also had a friend officiate our ceremony and 2 guests perform songs, both of which required appropriate microphones and speakers. Michael was so knowledgable and helpful in accommodating our requests. You can tell he truly loves what he does. He even sent us a few pictures taken throughout the night. We cant recommend East End Entertainment enough if you are looking to have a great time dancing at your wedding!!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Megan · Married on 06/23/2018

Michael and East End Entertainment helped to provide the wedding of our dreams! Michael was so easy to work with, professional, responsive, eager to help and provided great suggestions not just for music but also flow and timing of the reception. My husband and I were very stressed about music as our tastes don't really align with traditional wedding music. Ryan grew up heavy into grunge and spent years in mosh pits before transitioning to the underground rave scene. I'm a huge fan of electronic and deep house which isn't what our 70+ year old parents and friends want to hear. Typical pop/dance party/wedding music is not really our thing. Michael took all that stress away and put together an amazing playlist that took everyone by surprise. He catered to our tastes perfectly, was able to read the crowd, and had the entire party on the dance floor the ENTIRE night, even throwing in well timed Nirvana and Nine Inch Nails tracks (which surprisingly worked really well and everybody LOVED)! Weeks later we still have friends telling us it was hands down the best music and most fun wedding they have been part of.

In addition to that, the string quartet Michael works with did a beautiful job for our ceremony and cocktail hour, even despite the windy and rainy weather that accompanied our outdoor event. They played a wonderful selection of classical, jazz, and rock.

As a side note, our wedding took place at my husband's family farm in Southold, NY which is a popular wedding venue. Michael and his team went above and beyond for us and impressed everyone in the group. Moving forward, my mother-in-law will be pushing his name for all future wedding groups. He earned THE top spot on their preferred vendor list. Huge thank you again to Michael!

Sent on 07/03/2018

John · Married on 05/27/2018

When you have a wedding you need some music. Michael not only knocked it out of the park with his music choices, but he also made being a master of ceremonies look ridiculously easy. We were simply impressed from the time we met him all the way through the end of our wedding.

Michael worked very closely with us to make our day just the way we wanted it. From ceremony music, to cocktail hours, dances, and beyond he kept the night flowing; one song after the other. If it didn't seem like the crowd was interested he changed the tune but without abruptness as to point out the obvious. That's the small details I appreciate. Our dance floor was the place to be because Michael made it be with his music selection. Our guests couldn't stop describing our wedding as "one big party" and that's just the way we explained it to Michael.

Thank you Michael, we would definitely use you again!

Sent on 06/20/2018

Anne · Married on 05/05/2018

Cannot recommend Michael enough!! You can tell how much he loves what he does and that shows through in his work. We got so many comments from wedding guests all night about how great the DJ was, and we completely agree. He was a pleasure to work with, and would recommend him to absolutely anyone looking for a DJ on Long Island!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Mariah · Married on 10/01/2017

Mike and his team were amazing! Mike customized our entire playlist to exactly what we wanted. He knew what the crowd wanted to hear too and he made it happen. From the second we entered into the reception, no one stopped dancing. It was so much fun. Not only is he an awesome DJ, but he brought it some uplighting for us which made the room really pop. He also pretty much ran the show the entire night. He also organized violinist for us during our ceremony. 100% recommend Mike and EastEndE to anyone. We will definitely be calling him if we are ever in need of his services again.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Alyssa · Married on 09/22/2017

Michael Variale brings a whole new meaning to “attention to detail!” We have never met a more enthusiastic, professional, & detail-driven individual. From the first moment we met Michael at a bridal expo at SCC, we knew we would be in excellent hands. At the time, we didn’t know which direction we wanted to go with in our search for wedding entertainment, we just knew that we wanted to party! We stopped by the East End Wedding Guide booth & struck up a conversation. As soon as we told Michael that our wedding was to be at Pellegrini Vineyards, his excitement & enthusiasm rose as he talked us through what our wedding would be like. It was as if we were standing at Pellegrini & walking through the ceremony, cocktail hour, & reception. He knew our venue extremely well & knew exactly what was needed in terms of logistics to make our wedding day a success. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, Michael was always available. He was quick to respond to e-mails & available by phone to answer questions, provide us with vendor recommendations, & make suggestions. He even joined us on our final walk through to make sure he was on the same page as us, our caterer, Maître d’ & staff at Pellegrini. Michael quickly understood our desire to have a rustic chic wedding & added special touches to make our day even more memorable. From connecting us with Johnny Ray (an acoustic guitarist) for our ceremony & cocktail hour music to uplighting the vines & reception tent to providing the photo booth with one-of-a-kind rustic photo template to offering a rustic DJ front board & a large illuminated LOVE sign. The day of our wedding, Michael arrived early to ensure everything would be set up correctly & our event would go off w/o a hitch. Throughout the entire reception, Michael had all of our guests, even those that never dance, on their feet all night long as hit after hit. We can't say enough about his attention to detail; from the moment we met to the last dance, he was amazing!

EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography) 6
    EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography) 13
    EAST END ENTERTAINMENT (DJs, Bands, Lighting, Strings & Photography) 14
    Sent on 07/29/2018

Hilarie · Married on 08/12/2017

I got married August 12, 2017 and used East End Entertainment for the wedding. Michael was so attentive and flexible! He took into account my song requests and played music that kept everyone dancing all night long!! People still are coming up to me, months later, saying they had so much fun at the wedding. We also used the photobooth, which everyone LOVED! The photobooth attendants put together an album with pictures that everyone could sign. It was thoughtful and a nice keepsake. I highly recommend using East End Entertainment!

Sent on 10/28/2017

laurin · Married on 05/28/2017

We were 1000% happy with Mike and East End entertainment for our wedding. He played all the music I wanted but used his professional expertise to feel the crowd and adjust the music as necessary. He wasn't too talkative or annoying on the mic for the announcements and whatnot but was the perfect t amount to get people amped up for our various events in the night (we had 2 choreographed dances which he did a great job in mixing the custom songs for us beforehand). He was so easy to work with in planning and preparations and in addition is just a really great human being. He took the time to meet with us on several occasions to make sure everything was 100% percent perfect and really went above and beyond to make our wedding a truly memorable event. EVERYONE loved the music and we recommend him wholeheartedly for a wedding or any other event really. Also the photo booth was great, people SERIOUSLY LOVED IT and couldn't stop talking about it

Sent on 06/23/2017

Luke · Married on 05/20/2017

I can't say anything bad about these people. They were a pleasure to work with. We talked to Mike for most of the time when we were setting up or wedding and then we worked with Bill during the wedding. They responded very quickly by email and phone and they took last minute requests and made it happen. I played a song for my wife at my wedding and they were more than happy to let me use their microphones and plug my guitar in their equipment. Don't ever ignore Mike's suggestions, he's a man who knows what he's talking about!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Jennifer · Married on 05/20/2017

Everyone was dancing all night. People still tell us that we had one of the best weddings they've every been to, and that our DJ was amazing. It was truly a fun time. The dance floor was packed the whole time.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Gregory · Married on 05/13/2017

I can't say enough about my experience with East End Entertainment. They are professional in every way. Michael was great to work with and understood everything I wanted for my wedding. My guests raved about the music, some I picked but mostly what East End picked out. I just have to say you get what you pay for. Remember: ANYONE can spin records, not too many know how to be a real DJ.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Sara · Married on 10/29/2016

East End Entertainment was the perfect choice for our wedding. "Uncle" Mike, as he told us to call him, was the best DJ, prepared, informed, and he read the crowd like a true master. Literally everyone was dancing all night long. Nothing is better when at the end of the reception everyone is calling for the DJ to play one or two more...

If you are looking for the best DJ around, then I would always choose East End Entertainment. From Michael's wonderful suggestions for the timeline to his excellent music mixing you couldn't make a better choice.

Sent on 11/15/2016

Marcos · Married on 10/08/2016

The music at my wedding, was the biggest takeaway from the entire event. It's been a month now, and I just got another compliment yesterday (why i realized i needed to write this today) about how great the music was. He is a super friendly guy who has worked at most venues out in the Hamptons/Long Island and there is a reason for it. Via Mike, we hired a Jazz Quartet for the cocktail hour, and then Mike was the DJ for the remainder of the night. The band was fantastic, and Mike was better. He played the right songs at the right times, read the crowd correctly all night long. And something I never realized prior to it was that the DJ acts as a "master of ceremonies" for your event.... and boy did we choose the right guy. It was a pleasure dealing with him, and cannot recommend him more highly. Do yourself a favor and stop worrying about your wedding and just hire this guy. Mike = Great Music @ Your Wedding.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Dominic · Married on 09/02/2016

This DJ is head and shoulders above any other DJ I have ever experienced. From the acoustical guitarist during the cocktail hour to the drums used to accompany the music played by the DJ, this was truly an experience everyone should be part of. The music never stopped and the dance floor was never empty. The wedding was a huge success, in large part, because of East End Entertainment.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Lauren · Married on 07/29/2016

East End Entertainment was the DJ at my ceremony and wedding reception this last weekend and they were fantastic!!! Michael was awesome and super responsive to all of my emails and questions. He made a mashup of songs for us to do a surprise flash dance and it came out awesome! We picked all of our songs and Michael stuck to our list and knew exactly when to play which songs. Our dance floor was full the entire wedding! It was more dancing than I have ever seen at a wedding. So many people came up to me during the night and commented after that it was the best music they have ever heard at a wedding! Michael is super organized and helps you make an outline to make your event flow smoothly. I cannot recommend East End Entertainement enough! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 08/04/2016

Erin · Married on 10/31/2015

I cannot begin to express my satisfaction with Mike at East End Entertainment. From the beginning of the process until the end of the night, everything was perfect. Mike offered competitive prices and superior service. He was so responsive to my emails throughout our entire planning process and I never had to worry about any detail with him. He helped us with every single request we had and went above and beyond to meet our specific requests. He provided Johnny Ray during our cocktail hour who was so talented and played every song we requested. Mike was the DJ at our wedding and I have never had so many compliments on the music. No one could believe how good it was. He played each song for the perfect amount of time and people literally did not stop dancing. We barely had time to sit for dinner because no one could get off the dance floor. I honestly didn't speak to half my guests because I couldn't stop dancing!!! Honestly, the night was perfect and Mike blew my expectations out of the water. I cannot recommend him more highly!!!!!!

Sent on 11/03/2015

summer · Married on 10/03/2015

I can not begin to express how happy we were with Michael's services. He was recommended to us by 2 friends, and really went above and beyond. We had some bad weather and had to change the logistics, he rolled with the changes and made it effortless. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night. We really had an amazing time. Highly recommended! Thank you from the Romeo's!

Sent on 01/05/2016

East End Entertainment did an amazing job DJ’ing our wedding day at Oceanbeu! We have received countless compliments from our guests specifically the music, and how awesome the night was thanks to East End Entertainment! You could tell by the amount of people on the dance floor, and everyone had a great time at the wedding! East End Entertainment did an AMAZING job mixing together all of the different genres of music that we requested because of our “song request RSVPs”. All of our guests were up dancing at one point in the night or another, and we are so grateful to Michael and the staff at East End Entertainment for making our wedding such a success! They kept the energy up all night long and well past the reception’s finishing time without being loud on the microphone. We are thrilled to recommend East End Entertainment to anyone in the future!
    Julianna & Ryan

Sent on 11/08/2014

Michael made our wedding a tremendously fun event. It was smooth sailing because of East End Entertainment.

East End Entertainment's strings and DJs did a phenomenal job. With short notice, just a week before the wedding, we decided we wanted someone to sing Time to Say Goodbye by Andrea Bocelli for our processional, and our string duo to play Little Martha by The Allman Brothers for the recessional. Both complicated and obscure requests but at Mike’s behest they practiced in short order and did a fantastic job

We gave Mike a hodgepodge of music preferences since we have such different taste. My husband likes folk / classic rock / singer-songwrtier music and I like rock and pop. Rather than micromanage we gave him our requests, as well as age ranges of our guests, and he crafted what turned out to be an excellent set list on short notice. He incorporated all the music we love while taking our parents and their friends into account.

All of the reception components (blessings, speeches, cake cutting) were well timed and the night flowed seamlessly. Our guests commented on how much they enjoyed the music and the dance floor was full until the last song. Thank you so much for making our wedding the best day of our lives. We highly recommend Michael and East End Entertainment.

Darryl and Eloisa

Sent on 11/08/2014
  • User1202595 · 2+ years ago

My husband and I recently got married and we hired a string quartet through East End Entertainment.
    We highly recommend East End Strings! They were amazing! We had them play traditional music during our processional and then pop and rock music during our recessional and cocktail hour. We received many compliments on them.

Sent on 06/18/2014

Siobhan · Married on 06/07/2014

Mike was the DJ at our wedding three weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with his service. My husband and I had a pretty clear idea of what music choices we wanted, but there were a few instances where we needed guidance. Not only did Mike provide suggestions to fill the gaps, but he also provided feedback on our complete song list to ensure all of our friends and family had the best time possible.

In addition, Mike acted as the ring leader for our event. We needed to reorder some of the speeches to allow more time for photos and he handled it without missing a stride. It was so easy to enjoy the day with Mike ensuring no important moments were missed.

You can't go wrong with East End Entertainment!

Sent on 06/27/2014