DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate Reviews

DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 6
DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 7

Devon Lane · Married on 08/25/2018

Amazing Experience for Wedding

We had our wedding ceremony at Brantyn Estate and our reception at DuPoint Country Club in August 2018. I cannot express how beautifully everything turned out. Diane was exceptional in the planning phase to help pull everything together. Harry, our day-of coordinator, ensured everything went off without a hitch. The venues were absolutely beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff were quick and courteous. We had an incredible experience with them!

Katherine · Married on 05/12/2018

Brantwyn Estatewas a fantastic vendor to work with for our special day. Diane, Mary and their team made our day. We booked a year and a half out from our wedding with them. Through multiple changes due to circumstances out of our control, Diane and her team worked seamlessly with us to ensure that our wedding was the day of our dreams. The results were everything we ever dreamed of, and we absolutely loved every minute of it. The food was amazing, the staff was so friendly, the cocktail hour was well done and our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Highly recommend them!

DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 8
    DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 9
    DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 10
    DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 11
    DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 12
    DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 13

John · Married on 04/14/2018

I initially thought we would not be able to afford such a nice place but it turned out to be affordable. It's an excellent value when you consider all that you get. Diane was our planner and Harry was the captain. Diane sat with us three times to refine the plans and Harry once right before our wedding. The venue was perfect and the service was excellent. We have very high expectations but Diane and staff far exceeded them We could not have asked for a better experience.

Jennifer · Married on 12/16/2017

This was my number one pick for a venue, and it exceeded all expectations! Diane is absolutely a pleasure to work with. She is so professional, very helpful, and so creative. Her enthusiasm for her brides really makes them feel special. She truly loves her job, and it is obvious. My Christmas wedding was absolutely beautiful because of her!

DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 14
    DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 21
    DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 22
    DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate 23

Alyssa · Married on 09/16/2017

We had our wedding reception at Brantwyn Estate in September 2017. We fell in love with the charm and beauty of the mansion and gardens! Diane and her team made wedding planning so easy! They were so helpful and there every step of the way to answer questions and give suggestions when needed. The food was amazing and the service was impeccable! I could not have asked for a better experience. Thank you Diane and your team for making our day so perfect!

Sharon · Married on 06/11/2017

From the minute we called and talked to Diane, I knew that our wedding was going to be in the right hands. Diane listened to what we wanted and guided us through the entire process. Brantwyn was absolutely beautiful and we had so many compliments on the staff, setting and the overall beauty of the estate. Our wedding was on a Sunday afternoon and the setting was perfect. I could not be happier with my experience with Brantwyn. The food was spectacular too! Thank you to Diane and Paulette for making our day just absolutely memorable and beautiful!

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2017

From start to finish, Shawn and I had a wonderful experience with DuPont CC and Brantwyn Estate.

For our wedding, we wanted the feel of an intimate, elegant house party. Brantwyn was the natural choice for us. The Georgian Revival architecture, beautifully appointed interiors, and gardens lent our wedding an air of sophistication, while also maintaining a comfortable atmosphere for the big event!

The service and support was absolutely professional. Diane, our sales coordinator, helped us work out every pre-wedding detail from start to finish. She was attentive to our needs, and responsive to all of our questions and concerns. Mary, our banquet captain, made sure that our wedding day events progressed smoothly and flawlessly. Shawn and I were planning our wedding from well out-of-town, and both of these women went out of their way to make sure that they could meet our needs from a distance, and took extra time out of their schedules when we were in town to make sure that they could prepare the best possible experience for us. Both of these women are consummate professionals. We highly recommend them for any couple considering this venue.

Our wedding day exceeded all of our expectations, in no small part thanks to Brantwyn, the Country Club, and the wonderful people working there!

Robert · Married on 05/20/2017

My wife and I had our reception at the Brantwyn Estate in the middle of May. The house is beautiful and the grounds are wonderful. We only had 50 people but the place didn't feel too big. They catered to our every need. I had many guests tell me how lovely the place was and that this was maybe the best time they've ever had at a wedding including their own! The food was terrific! I wish it could have lasted another 5 hours. Diane at the Country Club did a great job and Judy who was the reception captain made sure everything went smoothly. It was all I could have hoped for.

• Anne

Anne · Married on 02/18/2017

If you're looking for a romantic, enchanting, beautiful venue, I can tell you that you have to take a look at Brantwyn Estate! We went to a wedding there about 10 years ago & my husband and I decided to renew our vows and I knew right away that it had to be at Brantwyn. It's almost like having it at Dowton Abbey! Our wedding coordinator, Diane, and all of the staff we're fabulous and professional. Everything went so smoothly, and the great thing about it is that we didn't have to hire a we'd planner, not even a "day of" coordinator! DuPont takes care of all of that. The package even included our beautiful wedding cake (that we picked out on our own), and we stayed the night at the fabulous Hotel DuPont in the wedding suite, which was amazing in itself!! The only "work" I had to do was pick out my vendors and I chose to do my own wedding favors because it was fun for me! The food was spectacular, the upstairs rooms for getting ready were beautiful, EVERYTHING was stunning at Brantwyn! I wish I could do it again, and again, etc. We had a winter wedding, yet the pictures that we and our Bridal party took outside were stunningly beautiful because the grounds are impeccably kept. I've been there in the spring too, and omg, the grounds are alive with all types of flowers ?? and different species of greens, spectacular! Anytime of the year would be a great time to have a wedding at Brantwyn. We had approximately 100 guests, and EVERYONE said it was the best wedding they've ever been to, thanks to Brantwyn Estate!! Don't miss out on taking a look at this venue, it truly is breathtaking! Warmly, Marc & Anne Phillips - 20th Anniversary Vow Renewal - February 18, 2017 ????

Sent on 03/12/2017

DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with both of you! The team at DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate wish you many years of happiness! Sincerely, Diane McClosky

Noor · Married on 05/29/2016

The experience of dealing with this venue has been nothing short of spectacular. We had our reception in the gold ballroom and al of our guests fell in love when the doors to the ballroom opened. Most of our guests stayed in the hotel and we were told repeatedly that they were treated like royalty throughout their stay. several of our guests were international chefs, and they were the first to commend the cuisine for a phenomenal meal. The complimentary honeymoon suite was an absolute dream. I really don't know what to say about this venue, every single detail was incredible. You've got to see it to believe it.

Alexa · Married on 05/23/2015

My husband and I had the perfect day at Brantwyn. We literally would not have changed a single thing about the day. The DuPont staff make it so easy to plan your wedding and are with you throughout every step. Brantwyn itself is such a comfortable and classy setting, all of our guests had a blast!

Gabriella · Married on 05/24/2014

Kim was wonderful and attended to all our needs, even when we had to change times.

The DuPont Country Club wedding experience was first class! My entire experience was smooth and stress free. They are incredibly professional and the venue is GORGEOUS. I highly highly recommend anyone in the Delaware area consider them as an option for their wedding. They are super convenient to many churches as well. I have been to many weddings throughout the past couple of years and DuPont's food (at Brantwyn, the Hotel and the Club) has been the best. The coordinator assigned to me the night of was wonderful and I could really tell that he cared about the day being special and perfect for us. That really was one of the highlights of the experience. The sales coordinator Jenna Jackson was also highly responsive and helpful.

Ashley · Married on 10/13/2012

We had our wedding at the Brantwyn Estate in Wilmington, DE. If you are looking for a different venue from a typical ballroom and have under 140 guests, get married here! We had about 65 guests in total and it was perfect. It's one of the DuPont family original estates and it is so beautiful! It's a mixture of "Gatsby" and English country/garden manor. Beautiful rooms for guests to move around in, large gardens great for photos. two options for a ceremony in the back garden. We used the lower garden for our ceremony (soooooooo amazing). Jenna Schumacher, the consultant at DuPont Country Club helped us so much. (rather she helped me plan the whole thing!) I asked her millions of questions and changed my mind millions of times and she always had answers and made our day amazing. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience and with the AWESOME food they provided with DuPont catering (they customized almost everything for us). Our guests were thrilled and I will be living off the amazing memories forever!

Marisa · Married on 08/11/2012

Michele is the pastry chef for the Hotel and she designed and made our wedding cake. She did an outstanding job! I brought her a picture of the cake i wanted and she made it 10 times better! The detail in the design on the cake was spot on and amazing and the taste was even better. You won't be dissapointed.

Kaylee · Married on 07/14/2012

Having my wedding and reception at Brantwyn was hands-down the best decision that I made in my entire wedding planning process. Planning was a stress-free breeze, with the help of the exceptional staff. I wanted an nontraditional setup and wedding day schedule. Jenna accommodated my requests without hesitation. During the wedding day, I didn't have to worry about a thing. My day of coordinator, Jim, was completely amazing. The cake that the Hotel DuPont created was breathtaking and delicious. The food came out on time and was so tasty. Every steak was cooked perfectly, which is impressive for wedding food. The staff made my guests feel welcomed and waited on their every need. I couldn't imagine a more perfect place to have an elegant, intimate wedding. I am so lucky to have been married at Brantwyn!

We had our wedding at the Brantwyn Estate and Hotel du Pont in June. The ceremony was held outside and was simply stunning - we couldn't have asked for a more perfect location. We had a team of planners there and the Brantwyn's Day of Captain, Harry, was impeccable. Simply top notch to work with.

Our reception was held in the Gold Ballroom at the hotel. Boy oh boy was it amazing. When my husband and I walked in before the reception and everything was decorated, it took our breath away. Michelle was our coordinator and she was out of this world. We started working together about 14 months before the actual wedding. She was always there for any questions we had, helped us create a timeline that suited exactly what we wanted and went out of her way to make sure we were happy at all times. From our first initial meeting, to our tasting and our amazing wedding day, Michelle was like a friend to us. Our day was perfect because of her, the gorgeous venue and our awesome planners.
    And the FOOD! Oh my goodness! We had the hardest time deciding on a menu because everything was SO GOOD. Two months later our guests are still raving about the mashed potato bar and the crab cakes we served for dinner. I'm a crab cake snob (from MD) and these were not only HUGE but delicious.
    Simply stellar all around at the DuPont.

Sandy · Married on 05/12/2012

The Hotel provided our wedding cake. It was delicious. They were willing to incorporate two different kinds for different layers, and both were wonderful. We are still enjoying the leftovers.

Lauren · Married on 03/31/2012

It was absolutely beautiful!! The staff were wonderful and the day was perfect!!!!

Ashley · Married on 04/29/2011

AMAZING AMAZING!!! I can't begin to describe the elegance of the whole day. From the getting ready room, to the lobby, the ballroom of course, and the suite! There was not one thing that we had an issue with, it was seemless and beautiful. Kim Mackin was our wedding coordinator, and she was the key to this being a perfect day.

Dorothy · Married on 04/02/2011

The whole process with our wedding was amazing from start to finish. Jillian was a bundle of joy and her enthusiastic, fun attitude was what really sold us on the venue (and also the fact that it's gorgeous). From day one we knew we were in good hands and Jillian really helped us with customizing our package for the big day. She recommended vendors, all of which we loved, and gave us suggestions on fun additions that would really compliment us as a couple. I never hesitated to ask her questions and relied on her for a lot of the up-front planning.

Michelle was introduced to us 6 months later and words cannot even describe how much we all adore her. I was sad to lose Jillian, but happy when I soon found out Michelle was her replacement. She was responsive, professional and 100% my "go-to" person with anything and everything wedding related. She paid such close attention to little details we had for the big day such as our table markers, cigar/scotch bar, etc. She even met with us in person to discuss our timeline to make sure our wedding day was exactly what we wanted. She went out of her way to make our lives easy and we knew that the day of our wedding we could trust her completely. With my parents living in Ohio and us living in New Jersey it was a bit of a challenge to plan at times, specifically with the tasting. However, Michelle went out of her way to organize weekend meetings for us - even on her days she wasn't supposed to be in the office. This made our lives a lot easier and it's rare to hear of a venue being so accomodating.

Our wedding day Michelle didn't miss a beat. She was organized, excited and was literally sprinting around making sure everything was perfect - even though she had another wedding earlier in the day. She also was so thrilled for us as a couple, which meant a lot. I put all of my trust in her to logistically make sure I didn't run into my husband and have the entrance I always hoped/dreamed of on my wedding day. We can't stop smiling thinking about the entire day. Our little touches were distributed throughout the venue and everything looked so beautiful. My heart skipped a beat when I saw all of our friends and family enjoying it all. We ate, drank and danced the night away.

My father paid for the wedding and he's a military dad and very picky when it comes to details around money, logistics, etc. Michelle blew him away with her detailed updates and consistent responsiveness. He had no problem putting all his trust in her and was completely thrilled with the final result. We couldn't be happier and it means the world to me that he was so incredibly pleased.

In addition, the overall staff was AMAZING as well from the servers, to bartenders to the valet staff...we knew our guests were in great hands. They heated up our food so it was fresh when we sat down, we were given appetizers at cocktail hour immediately and never once did I have to ask twice for a drink.

It was the best night of our lives and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Our friends and family keep complementing the food, the venue, the party - it's exactly the reaction we wanted. And most importantly my husband and I had a blast the entire time. It was a dream wedding.

Robin · Married on 07/11/2010

very professional and personalized service! above and beyond on the reception day!!

Jen · Married on 06/21/2008

Finding this hotel for our wedding was one of the best parts about it! We have not stopped receiving compliments on how beautiful the hotel and rooms were, the high levels of service and quality, food, and other amenitites. We worked with a wonderful catering manager who sadly is not there anymore (left after our wedding for other options), but the staff there is so helpful and accommodating that we couldnt have pictured our wedding anywhere else. The Gold Ballroom was STUNNING, and it was truly like being in a fairytale. We did not have to over-do the flowers because of how beautiful the room is already. We were treated with so much respect that people said I was one of the calmest brides they had ever seen- because I didn't need to worry about anything going wrong, that it would be handled with care. One suggestion is book in advance, they book up quickly, especially the May/June/September/October months, and also not to worry if your catering manager leaves in the time before your wedding- we went through 4 before having our last one and he was worth the wait! We booked them 2 years in advance and it was worth the money and the time!

Bernadette · Married on 09/03/2005

The Country Club took care of everything and did a beautiful job. The original person assigned to my wedding left with very little notice and the remaining staff worked extremely hard to ensure everything went perfectly.

Jodee · Married on 03/28/2009

Everythihng was professional and fantastic. I would highly recomend!