Double H Photography Reviews

25 | Lancaster, PA

25 Reviews for Double H Photography

halina · Married on 06/12/2016

We hired Howie for our wedding photography and also did an engagement session with him. I have to admit that picking a photographer was maybe one of the most difficult decisions I made for the wedding but after meeting with numerous photographers across many budgets, I made the right decision! I knew wedding photography is one of the few things you have left after the day is over and it's really important your comfortable with the photographer as they are sharing some very special moments with you!

When I first met with Howie I was immediately comfortable with him but I expressed my concern that my fiancé (now my husband) is going to be pretty uncomfortable with the process because he is somewhat shy. Howie reassured me, "give me 10 mins with him and he will be comfortable"! I wasn't sure that was going to be the case, not by any fault of Howie but simply because my husband is pretty private. Well my husband met him for the first time the day of our engagement session and I'll say that about 10 minutes in I saw him relax a little and another 10 mins in even more... by the end of the session he seemed totally comfortable and I was thrilled!

For us the engagement session was absolutely essential to establishing a relationship and by the time the wedding day rolled around we truly felt like he was a friend with a camera rather then our photographer!

I should also mention that EVERYONE in my family felt the same exact way about Howie- they all met him for the first time the wedding day and they loved him immediately many comments were made about how easy and fun he was to work with.

The pictures turned out great, he caught some amazing shots and I highly recommend Howie!!

Sent on 11/16/2016

I was able to find Howard through George Street Photography, I wish I knew about him before so I could go to him directly though. He was so wonderful and nice, did an excellent job on his photos and I loved that he dresses to blend in with the guests and not stand out so much "as the photographer."

I also like the fact that he wanted to do his own editing and put his on personal touch to the photos rather than take the easy road of letting George Street do all the work. He is an all around A+ photographer and I highly recommend him to everyone.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Erin · Married on 11/16/2013

We were SO pleased with Howie! Although we did not meet with any other photographers during the planning phase, it was an easy decision for us. We have seen Howie's work many times and his photos are GORGEOUS! Howie is an artist and will do what he must to get the best shot! If you are looking for very traditional, cheesy photos, this is NOT your guy.
    Very professional, but also approachable...we even went for a drink with him after our engagement session! I felt that he understood what we were looking for and captured that. We have had many of our bridal/groom's party members comments about how great he was. You will NOT find a better photographer in Lancaster area, and at a good price.
    Although we've been able to see a few photos, we are so excited to see all of them!

Sent on 12/03/2013

We trusted Howie completely and he did an excellent job capturing the vibe of our large outdoor wedding. He understood the aura of the outdoor setting in fall and really took advantage of the environment to reflect our wedding experience in photographs.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Laura · Married on 06/15/2013

Howie was wonderful. He took unique shots and made us feel very comfortable. If I had any requests he made sure he took those photos. I would highly recommend using Howie for your engagement photos and your wedding photos!

Sent on 06/19/2013

Lisa · Married on 10/20/2012

Howie was more than I ever expected! He did our engagement and wedding pictures with little direction. I wasn't 100% sure of what I really wanted for pictures except I wanted different and not a lot of posed/forced pictures! I am still blown away with all the shots he was able to get. I didn't know where he was the majority of the time and he did not miss a single shot! We met one time and I knew that Double H was who I was going to pick for our photographer. He even went the extra mile and traveled almost 2 hours away on a Saturday evening for our engagement shoot. He was fun, goofy and spent a lot of time with us. He is really down to earth and comfortable to work with. The coffee table book that he made for our engagement shoot still has me speechless. The skill and passion he puts into his work shows in these pictures. People still flip through the book and talk about the engagement book!
    Howie spent the entire wedding day with us. We spent the extra money on a second photographer and she was with the groomsmen while Howie was with the ladies! She was outstanding as well! Even though Howie did not miss a shot and caught everything imaginable I would recommend him bringing a second photographer to get even more shots! We have well over 1,000 pictures and I am still having a hard time picking my top 50 because they are all so wonderful.
    Howie even offered to make a wedding book (as soon as I can narrow down my choices I will go back to him to make it) and I also had a request for a special picture for my mother in law. Within a day we had the shot in our e-mail for us to print for her! He was even making special requests after the big day! Many of our friends and family are still raving about him! Howie went above and beyond our expectations and we will use him for all our future photography needs!
    Thanks for making our special day even more unforgettable and capturing our style/personality in all the pictures!

Sent on 04/01/2013

Karen · Married on 09/15/2012

Howie Hartman is amazing! Double H Photography and team were wonderful to work with - laid back, flexible and always willing to go the extra mile for the perfect shot. The pictures of our wedding are absolutely amazing - every time I flip through them, I remember a moment and it triggers a special memory of our day. Everyone's life is made of moments and Double H Photography captured every single one of them on our wedding day. I would highly recommend Double H Photography to anyone!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Choosing a photographer was one of the most stressful parts of wedding planning for me. I looked through a lot of photographers' portfolios and interviewed a few before choosing Howie/Double H. I'm SO glad I did! Howie seemed to get us and what we were looking for from our very first meeting with him. He listens really well, and wasn't offended at all when we told him we didn't like certain types of shots. To top it off, the day of our wedding was miserably hot & humid--a record-breaking 101, with no air-conditioning for much of the day--but Howie and his assistant were absolutely untiring in their dedication to capturing everything. They never complained, and I'm not sure they even took a break (though I told them they should). They seemed to be everywhere, but they were never obtrusive. In the end, they took about 800-900 photos, and there are very few bad shots (and the ones that are bad are usually bad because we're closing our eyes).

We really can't recommend Howie enough. He has a great eye for color and composition, uses light creatively, and captures people/emotions really well. He's also super friendly and easy to work with. What more could you want from a wedding photographer? Hire Howie!!!

Sent on 08/19/2012

Howie and his partner Nikki were wonderful. They spent time planning out the day, determining great spots for perfect shots. We are so thrilled with the photos we received in just one month--over 1,000 photos to help us remember our amazing day.
    Howie and Nikki at Double H are so easy to work with. They are flexible, professional and enthusiastic about their work. We are so happy with every photograph we received. Double H is highly recommended for amazing engagement and wedding shots! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/02/2012
  • Keentheb

Aqueelah · Married on 05/06/2012

Howie is such a great person and so much fun! He is an amazing photographer and captures every moment from the silliest to the most intimate. We were so lucky to have him as our photographer because he brings so much energy and love to his job which made us very comfortable. We are sort of sad the wedding is over because our business with Double H Photography has come to a close. However, we plan to use Howie for our future life events because he is absolutely the best! He is part of the family now.

Sent on 05/15/2012

Jessica · Married on 05/05/2012

I can't say enough about how great Howie and his photography team are!!! They captured every single important moment of our wedding day in the most beautiful way!!! I've already had friends and family looking him up to book him for their own weddings. He is truly phenomenal - you can't go wrong with Double H Photography!

Sent on 01/24/2013

Kimberly · Married on 11/26/2011

Howie was great and a lot of fun to work with! Our photos were absolutely fantastic and we couldn't be happier! I would absolutely recommend Howie to anyone!

Sent on 01/18/2012

Maly · Married on 08/06/2011

Howie was great to work with! He was aways trying to capture every moment, making us feel special. He's fun, creative, outgoing and professional all at the sametime. You can tell he loves what he does. We had a traditional wedding and Howie and his crew wore our traditional shirts! It was a pleasure to have him be apart of our wedding! Our engagement and wedding photographs turned out beautiful. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/30/2011

Lisa · Married on 07/30/2011

Howie was great to work with. Our photos turned out amazing from our engagement shoot and wedding! We were really pleased with Howie's fun energy and creative eye to capture great pictures. We are really glad to have had the opportunity to have Double H Photography as our wedding photographer and would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Emily · Married on 07/15/2011

Howie was great to work with. He was professional, fun, and made us feel at ease in front of the camera. He was able to capture pictures we couldn't have even imagined. Overall we were very pleased with the outcome of all of our photos.

Sent on 10/16/2011

Stephanie · Married on 05/14/2011

Howie from Double H Photography is fantastic! He has a great artistic eye and makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera. We'd recommend him to anyone hands down.

Sent on 06/26/2011

Kelleny · Married on 08/21/2010

There is no question that Howie at Double H Media is one of the best wedding photographers in the Central PA area. Words cannot express how much we loved our photos! Immediately after the wedding, he put some fabulous pictures up on his blog, making it easy to share, and that link was viewed all around the world (literally). Its been a few months since our wedding and we are still hearing compliments about the photos. Our wedding was a non-traditional Cambodian / Jewish wedding that lasted from 7:30am until 11pm. Howie and his assistant were there (and smiling) the whole time. One of our selection criteria was to find a photographer that is easy to work with, and we hit the jackpot! You will be shocked at the quality of his photos compared to the cost. He is an incredible value, an excellent photographer, and is genuinely happy to a part your big day. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/05/2010

Kelly · Married on 06/19/2010

Double H Photography was absolutely incredible! Howie was extremely flexible and took really dynamic shots! Our wedding photos are filled with shots that you wouldn't find in regular wedding pictures. He was very inventive and original! Howie also did our engagement pictures and both sessions were so much fun! With Howie your smiles are never forced. On top of it, you get disks with all of you pictures on it, the funny goofy-looking pictures are actually some of our favorites! Howie captured the best day of my life with so many pictures it is almost like a play by play of the entire wedding! The day went by so fast that reviewing the pictures is like reliving the experience and seeing all angles! My husband and I are overjoyed with the results. If you're looking for a fun, hang loose yet highly skilled and professional photographer Double H Photography should be your number one choice! Thanks Howie Hartman!!!

~Kelly & Kevin Snyder

Sent on 08/25/2010

Double H Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Kelly. I enjoyed every moment we captured. The golf course really added to our choice of great photo locations. Congrats, once again, and I hope to see you both in a few years with a little one in the mix.

Anita · Married on 06/13/2010

It was so great working with Howie. He has a great sense of humor and was very laid back. He shot our engagement, rehearsal and wedding photos. They were all beautiful! The day of our wedding was very hot and humid and he and his assistant were dripping with sweat, but that didn't stop them from getting the best shots! We had 1,131 photos! My guests said that he was all over the place getting great photos. The best part was looking at the photos after the wedding and seeing a lot of the things that I missed that day because of everything that was going on. He truly captured the entire day. I would DEFINITELY recommend Double H Photography for any event.

Sent on 08/15/2010

Katie · Married on 09/25/2009

Very laid back and easy to work with. Photos turned out wonderful!

Sent on 07/26/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/22/2009

Finding Double H was like finding a needle in a haystack! Howie and team were SO excited to shoot our wedding. How often do you find someone who enjoys their job and shares in your excitement as the bride and groom? Howie started early in the morning at the hair studio not wanting to miss any memorable shot. I would reccomend Howie to any future wedding couple. Double H meets with you to understand your taste and personality to ensure sure you have long lasting memories for years to come.

Sent on 09/06/2010
  • Z

Zak · Married on 08/30/2008

Howie was a wonderful Photographer to have at our wedding! Very professional, outgoing, a great listener, and of course, he's got a great eye!

When we saw the shots he got we were definitely impressed. Many of them were so unexpected but so cool. One of the main plus points about Howie is that he was discrete and still got tons of awesome shots from many angles. We really liked that he wasn't in our guests way or setting up a lot of posed shots other than what we asked him for.

I have always found it annoying when attending a wedding and the Photographer is ordering people around and asking for posed shots during the festivities, if you don't like that kind of feel, Howie is your man. We even received comments from our guests on what a nice guy he was and how professional he is.

The best thing about the guy is that he never stopped smiling himself. I think he had as good a time as anyone there. You can tell he genuinely enjoys what he does.

Sent on 08/05/2010

Double H Photography's reply:

Thanks so much, Zak, and Gretchen, I had an amazing time with you and your families, celebrating the most important day of your lives. I hope to be shooting some baby photos real soon!

Kyle and Ellen · Married on 07/25/2014

Howie was great, not on the day of the wedding, but also with engagement photos, creative with photo shots and was prompt in processing the photos.

Sent on 08/01/2014

Double H Photography's reply:

I'm not sure you reviewed the right person. I did not shoot a wedding for a Dale and Tara, nor have I finished processing the images for that day. Where was your wedding?

Dana · Married on 09/04/2011

Howie is a very creative and flexible photographer. He had some great ideas for locations and shots, and we ended up getting just what we wanted. He is a really great guy, so fun to have around on your big day. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/16/2011

Hut · Married on 07/17/2010

Howie did a great job with the photos and the service provided during the rehersal , wedding, and reception. The engagement pictures also turned out great. Many guest complimented on the photographer and how he got the shots, but was not in the way. He also got the pictures of the bridal party and families in a timely fashion. Nobody complained about how long the photos took and that is important! His laid back approach is what we needed in a photographer and it worked out great. I appreciate the work that he did and the quality of photos that were presented to us.

Sent on 08/05/2010