Demers Banquet Hall Reviews

40 | Houston, TX

40 Reviews for Demers Banquet Hall

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Joseph · Married on 06/11/2016

Everything was beyond exceptional! I would do it all over again if I could!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Mary · Married on 05/28/2016

The rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception were all held at Demers. All were perfect. The food was delicious, the tables looked great and the centerpieces were breathtaking! We never doubted we made the right choice for our venue! Deitre the cater is an amazing chef. She's very patient and flexible. THANKS Deitre.
    From the moment we walked through the door, we knew this was THE place for a wedding. Not only because of the beautiful setting, but the welcoming and professional attitude of everyone we met. I know it can't be easy dealing with stressed-out brides, but Adrian, Karen & Deitre made us feel comfortable and at home at all times. From the beautiful grounds, the amazing food and the exceptional service. We really appreciate the services provided to the bride & groom to give them a wedding of a lifetime! Very pleased mother of the bride! I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/06/2016

Amanda · Married on 03/08/2014

My husband and I got married at demers on March 8,2014.The decor, lighting, room, and space was perfect.Our big day was amazing! Vanessa was our venue coordinator.She helped make our wedding day memorable and special.

Sent on 03/16/2014
  • I

Ines · Married on 03/16/2013

This venue is definitely a hidden gem! Our reception was beautifully decorated, and the whole staff did such a wonderful job making our dream wedding come true. All of our guest loved the reception, and we had so many compliments on how beautiful the wedding was. Thank you guys!

Sent on 09/22/2013

Demers Banquet Hall's reply:

Thank you so much Ines! We are glad you chose us to be part of your special day! Hope all is well :-)

Annette · Married on 12/08/2012

Demers Banquet Hall is BEAUTIFUL! I did not want my guests to have to travel to get a different ceremony site and reception site and Demers made this possible!!! We got married outdoors in the gazebo with beautiful draping to match our black and white color scheme and then guests entered through the side door where cocktails were prepared. They then proceeded to the reception hall. For us having a just black and white wedding, Demers' center pieces, chair covers, and table settings made everything come together so elegant and classy!!! I could not has asked for anything more!

Sent on 12/14/2012

Veronica · Married on 10/20/2012

If I could re-do my wedding it would be in Demers Banquet hall all over again. I loved it. The place looked so beautiful it left my guess with there mouths open. The food was great hot and delicious. I think maybe about 15+ guest arrived at the party they took out more chairs and did not get upset over it. Lisa W and Johanna were wonderful to work with with any question i had or comments. Lisa helped the day of the wedding she made sure everything was perfect. I (the bride) was really sick and she found me some lemon and water. The service was just incredible, cake great the lighting it beautiful. I loved it could not ask for anything better. Its a little expensive but its worth it and no other hall will give you everything you need in one place.
    Thank you Dememers Banquet hall + Lisa!!

Sent on 10/29/2012

Trudy · Married on 07/21/2012

Wonderful venue..very attentive to details...made it so easy for me (the mother of the bride) THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 08/09/2012

Shmonica · Married on 06/16/2012

For me planning a wedding was very diffculted because we had little family support. Demers worked with us on our payments and made our dreams come true. Always communicate with them no matter what issue you face they are there to help.

Vision:
    I had a vision for my special day to be perfect. I wanted to walk in the hall and cry. And i did, Demers exceeded our expectation with the decor of the cremony and the reception. The food was excellent and the Dj's were beyond our expectation. The food was good, but most of all we asked and they delivered without any push back... Demers will always receive my business and so much more.

Thanks for making our day perfect. A special thank you to Lisa & Johana, both of you rock.

Sent on 06/20/2012

Jhanqia · Married on 03/17/2012

This is every brides dream come true i felt like i was a princess in my own kingdom....there are no words to explain this venue it makes me want to get married every year....

Sent on 04/10/2012
  • Lanessa

Lanessa · Married on 08/21/2011

A 5 STAR EXPERIENCE AT DEMERS

My daughter walked into Demers in February of 2010 and knew it was the place where she wanted her wedding to take place. They pretty much have weddings here every weekend so they know what they're doing - and they know what brides worry about and do a great job of reassuring them that things will turn out great. And it did - it was more beautiful than I ever imagined! I'm so glad that the wedding is over and yet sad it will be a very long time; (if ever) that I will get the chance to experience such a wonderful night in a wonderful place with 200 people. I'm reliving it for as long as I can!

If you ever decide to check this place out - you'll find that it's a bit of a stretch in terms of cost... but I guarantee you - it's worth every penny. And this is coming from a “stretch your dollar mama”; so I know the value of a dollar! The food is delicious (AND HOT), and there's tons of options you can add to personalize your reception and make it the wedding of your dreams. Demers, chooses the crème de la crème of vendors & staff who without a doubt gave us a 5 star experience as a whole. [Special thanks to Reggie of Signature EvenTx (our DJ), Jasmine of Funpix Photo Booth and The Pourman (our bartender) all of whom are hand selected vendors recommended by Demers and FYI they should add Debra’s Floral Design and Priceless PhotosJ]

From the moment our guests arrived at the venue they were treated to valet parking, made welcomed and had an amazing experience with this Venue. Several guests have told us that it was the best wedding they have ever been too! A fun time was had by all and everything turned out wonderfully. Marina was Demers wedding coordinator for the event, as well as the person who answered a millions questions as if each one was the first and she was extremely helpful, sweet, and flexible about little changes here and there. (Thanks Marina!!)

If you truly desire a 5 star experience:

· I would recommend this site for a wedding/reception to anyone.

· Communicate & confirm every thing in writing.

· Don’t spend $$$$ and NOT have a good time.

PS. Missed you Chi.

Sent on 09/08/2011

Michele · Married on 08/05/2011

Demers made my daughter's sweet sixteen party a blast! The memories made were awesome! A big Thank you to Lisa for the professional serves provided!
    The Johnson Family

Sent on 08/08/2011
  • Nereyda

Nereyda · Married on 06/26/2011

We chose Demers Banquet Hall because out of all the venues we looked at they were the most accommodating and helpful. Marina was amazing from the day we booked the venue until our actual wedding day. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about their entire staff. They helped make our wedding the most BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING day of our lives!I highly recommend Demers.

Sent on 08/18/2011

Kirestin · Married on 02/20/2011

The staff was very helpful, professional, I would use this venue for any other event that I do. I would also refer others to it.

Sent on 03/07/2011
  • Corlis

Corlis · Married on 02/19/2011

Demers did an excite job. They made our special day everything we wanted it to be. Chi was great to work with.

Sent on 03/08/2011

Rachael · Married on 10/10/2010

The staff at Demer's were awesome. They were easy to get in touch with every time I need them and they followed up in a timely manner.

The day of the wedding my cater did not show up at all. I had 50+ guest hungrily waiting for food. Not missing a beat, the staff volunteered to order and pick up some food from a near by restaurant. They came through and saved my reception.

Thank you Demer's!!!

Sent on 10/11/2010

SARA · Married on 10/02/2010

I worked very closely with Chi Nguyen who coordinates events for the reception hall. She was priceless. She helped me with all the details and made sure that everything was perfect for our special day. I would recommend this venue to anyone. You definitely pay for what you get, and prospective customers should consider their money well spent with this venue. All of my future events will definitely be held here as well.

Sent on 10/20/2010

Ana · Married on 07/31/2010

We are so thankful to Chi for such a wonderful and memorable experience! They worked extremely hard to make sure everything came out to our satisfaction and it sure did! Our guest loved the friendly and professional staff and the decoration! I kept hearing about it all through out the event. Overall everything came out great. The food was great too! The cake was beautiful and delicious! My husband was 100% satisfied with his cake too! I can truly say everything came out perfect! We are some satisfied customers!

Sent on 08/19/2010

Charles · Married on 07/24/2010

After 4 bridal expositions, countless calls, visits, and hours spent driving all over Houston, my wife and I had only 10 months before our wedding and we had not yet selected a venue. Tired, we decided to give Demers a visit. We were never disappointed. Chi Nguyen and the entire staff at Demers walked us through setup and coordination of every single detail of our wedding day. From invitations to napkins, color and style, food and drink, the service and the willingness to make sure that every detail of our wedding was perfect went unmatched. Chi ensured excellence in everything. We could not be more blessed to have Chi and everyone at Demers usher us into wedded bliss. My wife and I truly consider Chi part of our new family. Demers Banquet Hall has an event nearly every weekend and they do not pay a red cent for advertising – their service speaks for itself. I could go on, but it’s time you checked Demers out for yourself. And if you are wondering if this post is fake, paid for, or maybe submitted by the staff at Demers, feel free to send me an email directly and I will happily share more of our experience with Demers! Ckj.lm.2009@gmail.com

Married July, 2010

Sent on 08/22/2010
  • ashleyso

ashley · Married on 06/12/2010

i recently had my wedding her 6/12/2010 and i must say everything was prefect. lovely decorations and my guest loved everything. most of all demers id very resonable and will work with u on your payments. i would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 06/30/2010

Jamie · Married on 05/22/2010

I was Married at Demer's on May 22,2010. The place is beautiful and the staff was amazing. My family loved the ball room and all the decorations. I had many questions and threw out my planning and Chi the coordinator was fast as lightning with her responses. I have no complaints and recommend Demer's to anyone wanting a fabulous wedding on a budget

Sent on 06/09/2010

Tasha · Married on 02/06/2010

While searching for a venue to host my mother's 50th birthday party, I actually ran across an ad Demers placed on Craigs list for their "Orchid Room".I called them immediately and made an appointment to tour the venue. The main reception hall was breathtaking! It was so beautiful but too much square footage for my mom's party. The "Orchid Room" was the perfect size to accomodate my guest list which was 50 per. max. I was informed that my mother's party would be the very first event held in that particular room. Since we would be the first to have something there nothing was set up at the time, so I booked the room solely based on how the main reception hall looked. I trusted that they would decorate beautifully. They also, assured me that they would. The day of my mom's party I was so amazed at how great of a job decorating they did! They definately exceeded my expectations! The room was simply beautiful! It looked nothing like the empty room I booked initially. I also want to add that this room has a separate entrance from the outside so your guest do not have to go through the main hall to get to it which is very convenient. I loved the chocolate fountain and cheese mendallion! I was so impressed by the professionalism (everyone was so nice) of the entire staff that I would definately host another event at Demers.

Sent on 03/17/2010

ALFRED · Married on 12/12/2009

Tremendous facility! The ballroom is beautiful and large! The drapery in the ballroom is stunning! CHI IS THE GREATEST!!! She is one of the coordinators that made our day magical! They handled everything... the ceremony, reception, rehearsal dinner, full catering... EVERYTHING!! They have a tremendous chef as well and she can make anything you wish!! She asked us what we wanted and delivered 1000%!! She even made our wedding cake!! If you need an all-inclusive venue, this is it! You will not regret it! The price was incredible as well! Your event is important to them, and it shows!

Sent on 10/13/2010

Jina · Married on 09/19/2009

I found out about Demers on this website and instantly wanted this to be our reception venue. It also turned out that is was close to the church that we were married in. I was so excited when the date became available. The minute you walk in the door, you are completely amazed at how beautiful the place is. It's very elegant looking and the lighting in the ballroom adds to the ambience. All of our guests commented on how great everything looked. One thing that I really love is that the dance floor is big enough that there was plenty of room for everyone to dance and enjoy themselves.

Marina was great to work with. She helped us determine what we wanted for our reception and everything turned out great. We were able to use our own caterer. Take the drive over to look at the venue because the pictures do not do it justice!

Sent on 10/25/2009

Emily · Married on 09/04/2009

When my fiance and I started to look for a venue, our first appointment was with Demers. Aside from falling in love with the look of the ballroom, the staff was so energetic that we went away with any amazing feeling. After running around town to view other locations, we made the decision to book with Demers. They were also one of the few hall which really tried to work with your budget. We knew we were getting a great deal for our money.

Marina, our coordinator, shared with us all the things that might get in the way of make our special day come alive. She was able to recommend an awesome DJ, John De Leon, who had my family dancing til 2am. The whole wedding just came off really well.

I wouldn't have changed a thing! THANKS DEMERS!!!

Sent on 09/18/2009

Silvia · Married on 11/28/2008

I did a Quinceanera for my daughter at Demers Banquet Hall. They did all the decorating and catering. We were able to customize our colors and flowers to get exactly the look we wanted. The kids all had a great time dancing and eating. The chef made kids food in addition to the adult food. It was great. I highly recommend this venue for any occasions.

Silvia De La Rosa