Del Sol Photography Reviews

21 | Cancun, MX

21 Reviews for Del Sol Photography

Hali Moore · Married on 04/23/2019

Truly Memorable

Sol Tamargo and her assistant, Polly, were absolutely amazing!!! They were both very good at putting my husband and I at ease during the photo shoot for our wedding, which is sometimes needed for those who are camera-shy. They were warm and accommodating. Sol was so full of ideas and talented. Polly was a great assistant who clearly had a lot of talent as well. I couldn’t have been happier with my experience with them, as well as the incredible photos!!!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Meredith · Married on 04/23/2019

Best Wedding Photos & Video We've Ever Seen

The Del Sol team exceeded all expectations, which were already high! Our photos & video were the most important part of our wedding to us. Because we eloped, our family & friends didn’t attend, so they experienced our wedding with us solely through the photos & video. Del Sol made us feel like celebrities with their creativity, professionalism, and ability to capture the best day of our lives.

They were willing to do whatever it took (including Nat getting in the ocean & the jungle) to make our photos the best they could be! Polly provided the perfect amount of direction to us during the shoot, which made our photos natural, candid and REAL, which is what we wanted. We are beyond thrilled with the entire collection of photos. They truly look like print ads! We love so many of them, it’s hard to even pick favorites.

We were also blown away by how phenomenal the video is – we can’t stop re-watching it! The production value is top-notch, and we feel like the stars of our very own Hollywood movie. The video team was able to perfectly document the pure joy and magic during our wedding. How special it is to have this irreplaceable film we’ll always treasure!

The Del Sol team has the unique ability to make a couple feel like it’s just the two of us during the session. Our wedding photos & video are the best we’ve ever seen, and we HIGHLY recommend them to everyone. We are forever grateful to Del Sol for capturing this amazing day so beautifully for us.

Sent on 11/22/2019

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Meredith! Your words are so kind and heartfelt. We love that you trusted our creative vision and thank you for believing in us. This day was amazing and we will forever be thankful to have been invited to be with you and your family !
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 03/03/2019

Highly recommend

The photographers at Del Sol are so much more than photographers. From the very first contact with them which was months before our wedding and well before we hired them they were a wealth of help not just for photo purposes but helpful with advice on helping with issues that arose with our destination wedding, recommendations for excursions. Very knowledgeable in the wedding industry. Never have been married before they were helpful in helping me build a timeline for our wedding day to get optimal shots with the daylight /sunset, they were willing to work with us on booking costs etc....our photographers were Vanessa & Judas love them both, so fun to work with. What they do is an art, not just photography & their work reflects that. They all are very personable and you feel like friends. GREAT communication! Response time is pretty much immediate or within 24 hrs. I can’t recommend Del Sol enough. Love them & hope to do a trash the dress session in the water with them when we return. The photos I included are just the sneak peeks that they sent us while they finish working on the rest of the photos.... how awesome it was to get a peek!!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Nicole. We have had so much fun with your wedding. TTD in the future ? YES please. Just find a reason to go on vacation and travel for love ! Thank you for this wonderful testimonial - Matt

Ally S · Married on 01/15/2019

Top notch service, magical experience

The team at Del Sol were amazing to work with. They took my ideas and vision for an event and spun it out into something completely custom, brainstorming and adding details to bring the intention and feeling to life. Leading up to the day, the team was incredibly responsive and easy to work with--even though I was planning from afar, I never had to worry that I was in great hands. On the day of, everything was handled--the event was magical and the photoshoot was easy and natural--I haven't seen many photos yet but from what they showed me turning around the camera, they are going to be incredible!!! I highly recommend entrusting this team with something special--be that a trash the dress, a vow renewal, or something no one has done before!

Sent on 01/22/2019
  • F

FutureMrs · Married on 06/10/2018

After hundreds of searches for good photographers in Playa Del Carmen, we kept coming back to the Del Sol website. We loved the quality of their work and the great reviews from prior clients.

We knew we made the right choice when we met Polly of Del Sol Photography for our Engagement Photo session. We loved her laid back, easy going attitude, and her degree of professionalism. She made us feel very comfortable.

We are looking forward to having Polly and her Del Sol team work their wonders on our big day June 2018!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Caroline ! Blue Venado is such a beautiful venue in the Riviera Maya and we are excited to see you again in June ! You guys are so fun, relaxed and LOVELY.... Even though we got bit on the bum by ants.. :) :) :) :) :) Cheers guys !

Myia · Married on 07/22/2017

I had a 5 star experience across the board. Their communication was on point and made me feel at complete ease. They are so thorough and i believe it was Polly that i communicated with. Joaquin & his assistant were super professional and polite. I cant wait to see my photos!!!

Sent on 07/27/2017

From the very beginning, my experience with Del Sol was great. All of my emails were answered promptly and with professionalism. I had a lot of questions and they answered everything with detail. On my wedding day, Debora showed up and was a ball of energy, creative ideas, and put us at ease. Everywhere we went around the resort, Debora would find an interesting angle or a light to use for a creative picture. The time flew by so fast, I almost regret not having more time booked with her! I can't wait to see the photos, I know that she captured some great shots.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Molly · Married on 02/27/2015

I am SO happy I hired Del Sol Photography for my destination wedding. From the moment I had inquired the service has been exceptional. The staff are so easy to communicate and work with, this was by the far the easiest part of my wedding. Ael was great with communication and even gave me a phone call during the booking process. I also worked with Marco from the Del Sol team and he has been fabulous. It really eased my nerves to speak to someone on the phone. We had Jorge and Andres for 7 hours and we even had them stay an extra hour that night because we wanted to capture as many pictures as possible. Jorge and Andres were snapping shots immediately upon arrival and all the way until the end of the night.

The price may seem steep at first when you are looking but, I promise they are well worth the cost. I haven't seem my pictures yet but I know and trust that they will be outstanding. You will not regret hiring Del Sol for your event!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Molly, thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We are thrilled to have been able to capture all the love at your wedding and we are so glad you had a great experience with our team. Looking forward to sharing your photos, all the best amiga!

Dayna · Married on 02/14/2015

Del sel photography far exceeded our expectations. We dreamed of unique, romantic, sexy, and professional photography and they delievered that and MORE! Their professonalism, resposiveness, efficency, and personable personalities delievered nothing but the best quality service we could have imagined! We allowed them to take full reign of our photos and they delievered AMAZING quality and the most unique photos we could have asked for. Martina and Marina for our wedding ceremony/reception were incredible with getting every special moment captured and just blending in with our large crowd. They handled our large family so well and everyone loved them! We asked for natural photos of captured unforgettable moments and they did that and more! Polly joined us for our trash the dress cenote and beach session and she was absolutely amazing! Such a great imagination and creative style that delievered the romantic and sexy photos we imagined. She was personable and made us smile the entire time! She got down and dirty in the sand and just as soaking wet as we did in the cenotes! The photos your company delievered are INCREDIBLE and we couldnt be more happy that you were apart of our journey in Riviera Maya, Mexico! We love you guys and send SO many thank yous and would recommend you time and time again!!!

Sent on 05/07/2015

Dayna,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review! We are so happy to have been a part of your big day, it was absolutely beautiful and we wish you and your new husband all the light and love in the world. You were both magnificent mermaids in your trash the dress too! We'll be sure to share your kind words with the photographers. All the best amiga!

Here is the wedding slideshow at Iberostar :) http://delsolphotography.com/iberostar-paraiso-maya-wedding-dr-04152015/

And the sweet underwater trash the dress http://delsolphotography.com/riviera-maya-cenote-and-beach-trash-the-dress-dr-04212015/

Roseann · Married on 01/17/2015

Very unique photography! The best!! my photographer debora she was so plesent, happy and so much fun to work with, loved her style and ideas they go over and beyond. I couldn't be more pleased with every single shot that was captured, the little moments and the big moments they don't miss a thing. Loved that you get a second photographer so that nothing is missed. The total amount I paid for both wedding and beach trash the dress was a reasonable price which was $5100.00 very happy and worth every penny.

Sent on 03/18/2015

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Roseann, thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. It was a true pleasure to capture your big day and we are thrilled that you like the resulting photos as much as we do. We send you all the best warm wishes!

Anyone looking to see this lovely Moon Palace wedding can check out our blog http://delsolphotography.com/cancun-wedding-at-moon-palace-resort-rs-03042015/

Martina and Marina were wonderful! They captured the most special moments and all my pictures turned out beautiful. All of my guests were very impressed with their creative ways to capture light and angles. The pictures turned out spectacular and I am so happy I picked Del Sol to be there with us on our wedding day. I will recommend them to anyone. They were always very responsive to my questions and actually helped me make decisions about the ceremony based on their experience. There is not one thing that could have been done better. I am very impressed with their professionalism and the pictures are priceless!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review, we are thrilled that you are happy with your photos! We thank you for trusting our vision and for inviting us to share in your wedding day. Big hugs to you!

Great photography, extremely creative you will not be disappointed with Deborah her work is amazing! Thanks to del so for capturing our special day we have memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review, we had a wonderful day with you both! Hope married life is MAGIC!

Pedro · Married on 11/28/2014

We honestly couldn't have picked a better photographer. Del Sol was so friendly and responsive from the first day we contacted them. On the wedding day, they were to pleasant to have there and you can tell they truly enjoy their craft. They are professionals to the max and they captured our memories so amazingly. We can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 02/16/2015

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, we had a wondeful time capturing your day and we are grateful to you for taking the time to share your review. All the best to you both!

Here is a link to the whole wedding, we just loved it! Dreams Tulum is an amazing venue! http://delsolphotography.com/destination-wedding-at-dreams-tulum/

ashley · Married on 05/25/2014

All I can say is....AMAZING! Debora shot my wedding and was absolutely great!! The whole del sol team is fantastic and I would hire them again in a second! There was so much flexibility on the day of the wedding and Debora did some very creative shots which I love!!! I can't say enough about Del Sol!

Sent on 08/14/2014

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Ashley, we appreciate you taking the time to share your review! It was a real pleasure for us to meet you both, all the best!

Elaine · Married on 05/27/2013

Del Sol Photography was one of the main reasons why we chose to have a destination wedding in Riviera Maya, Mexico! We've visited the region 3 times prior but during those trips, we had no idea that it would be our future wedding backdrop! Once we found del sol, there was no turning back. We fell in love with all their photos and knew we had to hire them to capture our wedding. Not only do they specialize in wedding photography, they have a special niche in TTD underwater photos. Their photos are incredibly unique and completely magical. Everyone we encountered who were part of the Del Sol team were absolutely phenomenal. The communication was within 24 hours and always extended recommendations whenever we need (it's quite difficult to plan a destination wedding without knowing all the ins).

TTD Session: Matt & Sol were the couple who ran our amazing session. They are a great team and we were even starstruck to have the chance to work with such talented photographers! Knowing we were among award winning photographers, we wanted to try being great subjects. Anything Matt and Sol wanted us to do, we did. Complete trust in the husband & wife photography team! The photos explain why! We brought along our gnome figurine which was part of our proposal, somehow it floated away in the cenote but Matt went back the following day and found it and even delivered it back to our resort!

Wedding Day: We were so lucky to work with multiple photographers of the Del Sol team. Melissa and Jonathan Cossu were the duo who captured our wedding at The Grand Palladium Riviera Maya Resort. They honestly made our day even more fun! We absolutely love the photos!

Hire Del Sol Photography! I guarantee you won't regret it!!

Sent on 08/02/2013

Larissa · Married on 05/12/2013

We had Juan as our photographer and her photographed 3 different events during our wedding. We were able to do our trash the dress, rehearsal party and wedding with him! He was AMAZING to say the least he truly does what it takes to capture the shot. Hi is super friendly and up beat which really helps because my husband are shy. He helped us loosen up and just have fun! Working with Ael during the booking process was so easy. I got a few checking in phone calls which is so nice an reassuring. They have wonderful client website set up which makes payments and account info easily accessible at all times. I am still waiting on my pictures but Juan did show me a few unedited ones and they were already amazing so i am so excited to see the edited versions! They are amazing and definitely worth every penny i spent

Sent on 05/15/2013
  • User2019440 · 2+ years ago

They were all very nice and fun yet professional and made me feel comfortable during the trash the dress shoot. Pricey but definately worth it!

Sent on 08/18/2012
  • Inna

Inna · Married on 03/31/2012

A spectacular team of photographers! We knew Del Sol Photography would be amazing to work with, but even those high expectations were surpassed beyond anything we had ever imagined!!!

I will recommend Del Sol Photography to anyone and everyone who will listen! AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING!!!!!!

Sent on 05/03/2012

scheila · Married on 12/03/2014

I already thanked the team Del Sol. Now I want to share my experience with brides who are considering hiring these photographers. I know that for us brides who are not Mexico is very difficult to choose a good professional, we do not know for sure local customs. Good and bad professionals exist throughout the world. I was very lucky to have chosen Jorge and Melissa. I am deeply grateful! The photos were spectacular! But all the staff is excellent. Their service, from contract signing to delivery of the pendrive is amazing, exceeds expectations. They were attentive, professional, caring and capricious to the smallest detail! For the service to be good, not enough to have good photographers, you need customer service, be patient with anxious and insecure brides, seriousness, punctuality, organization and of course love. Finally, the Del Sol team unites good quality of service and love for what you do! I recommend, if someone wants to ask a question for facebook (Scheila Schonardie) can do (my English is not very good, but I think we can communicate). Do not save on registering your unique moment. After all, besides the memories in your head, artistic photos will be what will you always remember the magic moment wedding. Really worth every penny! Scheila and Andre

Sent on 01/30/2015

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Scheila, it was an honor and pleasure for us to capture your wedding day, thank you so much for taking the time to share your review, all the best to you both for a lifetime full of love!

Here is the full wedding photography shoot at The Grand Sunset Princess, romantic day! http://delsolphotography.com/destination-wedding-at-grand-sunset-princess-sa-01152015/
  • O

Olga Zinoveva · Married on 10/01/2018

Great choice for unique locations

High-quality photography was at the top of our wedding priority list, so we spent a long time looking at portfolios of photographers in the Riviera Maya. There were many options cheaper than Del Sol, but we ended up coming back to them again and again because of how impressed we were with the consistent quality of their work. Most importantly, we saw many examples in their portfolio of well-executed photos in challenging conditions (dark/dim light, rain), as well as a great diversity of locations (jungle, beach, caves, ballrooms, etc.). Since our ceremony and reception were both in unique locations with limited light, we knew we needed someone extremely experienced to get amazing shots.
    Going through the various portfolios at Del Sol, we were having a hard time choosing the primary photographer, and the final decision came down to Valeria and Polly. We ended up choosing Valeria, so we were quite excited that Polly was assigned to be our second photographer! They were both fantastic to work with - very pleasant and friendly, super creative with the shots, angles, and poses (which ended up looking marvelous in the final photographs). They were not afraid to get dirty and jump around in the water to get us great pictures - and the dedication shows in the final images. Whatever photographers you go with, we highly recommend choosing a package with two photographers - there is no way we would've captured some of our favorite moments without them both there.
    Our final photos are a joy to look at. Some of them are works of art. We're very happy we selected Del Sol to capture them for us.

Sent on 12/18/2018

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Olga - thanks so much for taking the time to write a lovely testimonial! You guys were SUCH a fun couple to work with and we love to be challenged with weird and wonderful locations! More adventurous brides and grooms please!! A big congrats to the two of you once again and don't hesitate to reach out if you make it back to Mexico, you're part of the del Sol family now!

Here's the wedding slideshow: https://delsolphotography.com/mexico-cave-wedding-alux-restaurant_om/

Lauren · Married on 11/25/2017

1.0
      3.0
      0.5

Please note that when you sign the contract with DelSol, you are signing away any rights to your most personal memories. They will be posted on DelSol’s website, and if you want to keep your memories private, you will pay $1,900 in non-disclosure fees. I am a private person and don’t have social media accounts. I did sign the contract giving away the rights to my photos, because I was rushed planning for my destination wedding, and I should have thought of the implications before I signed. I don’t want tearful photos of my most intimate moments for the world to see. We had a small wedding party in a remote location for that exact reason. We wanted our wedding to be private and special, not to be on display for the world to see. Now, I’m scrambling to pay $1,900 before my moments are no longer mine. I can understand if it’s just a few photos, but it’s everything - all posted to the blog for everyone to see. When you’re scrolling through the photos on the website, just remember that those will be of your intimate moments. So if you don’t want those on display, factor in a hefty $1,900 to the price they give you. It may be cheaper to fly a world class photographer from the U.S. to Mexico who would not do this to you against your wishes. I understand photographers need their products for advertisement purposes, but there are many people who DO want their photos all over the internet and social media. Del Sol has plenty of those already. I my memories are being held ransom for $1,900 and a decent, professional person would not do that with already so many great photos for advertisement, or at least, would charge a smaller fee. I will add that the photos were great, but now each time I look at them, I recall this whole incident.

Sent on 01/29/2018

Del Sol Photography's reply:

Hi there, we actually did remove your photos from the site, even though you signed a contract giving us permission to publish them and we did not charge you any extra fee! Please can you update or remove your review appropriately - many thanks!