Deer Ridge Estate Reviews

10 Reviews for Deer Ridge Estate

• Alli

Alli E. · Getting married on 03/06/2022

Best Venue

My fiance and I are so excited to have our reception at Deer Ridge Estate. The owners are amazing and easy to work with. The property is stunning and we are counting down the days until we get to celebrate at Deer Ridge!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Kyle

Kyle K. · Getting married on 02/07/2022

Perfect Wedding and Reception Venue

If you are looking for the perfect "venue" (my wife and daughters tell me this what you call a "place" for a wedding/reception or any manner of large social gathering), take it from the "father of the bride" - you will find no venue better than Deer Ridge Estate. How do I know? My middle daughter (eldest twin) was married on July 26, 2020, at Deer Ridge Estate. Originally, that wedding was booked for April 26, 2020, but you know how that went when an uninvited guest named "COVID-19" sent its untimely RSVP. My daughter's fiance was already working in Hawaii when everything "shut down" there and here, so the logistics of rescheduling required a great deal of finesse. Enter the Deer Ridge Team. We could not have been happier with the entire experience, starting with the (literally) hands-on owners Laura and Mark. For example, they had creative solutions to ensure that everyone in attendance felt safe, given their varying degrees of "physical distancing" confidence. This included creating a tastefully cordoned off "mask only" area. Did it work? I am pleased to report that not one attendee fell ill or tested positive. And there were 180+ guests, from infants to seniors! I would be remiss if failed to include how Becky, the Executive Estate Manager, organized, supervised, and served right alongside the wait staff. Laura and Becky were onsite, front and center from setup through take down. The wait staff was impressive, too. They were local high school students who were uniformly dressed in black slacks and black Deer Creek Estates polo shirts. All were polite and professional. Finally, regarding the venue itself. The location is gorgeous and must be seen in person to fully appreciate it. The whole experience was simply amazing. Thank you, Deer Ridge Estates.

Sent on 01/30/2021

Hi Kyle!
    Thank you from the entire Deer Ridge Estate team. We value your kinds words about your Deer Ridge experience. We love working with great people and we hope you find a reason to come back to see us again!

Sharon R. · Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing spaces and great value

This is a fabulous venue and Mark and Laura are a dream to work with. They listen very carefully to what the couple wants and have lots of recommendations/ideas, if requested. While other venues charge for so many extras, Deer Ridge includes whatever they have available. This alone makes it a great value. Wonderful extras: huge catering kitchen, great lighting, outdoor/indoor spaces, gorgeous bridal suite, grooms pad, stay on site option, long tables, huge space, lots of seating options. My friends wish they had known about this venue!

Sent on 12/14/2019
  • Ashlyn

Ashlyn · Married on 05/18/2019

Amazing venue with an equally amazing owner

I received so many compliments both during and after the wedding regarding this venue - everyone loved it! Not only is it gorgeous and accommodating to a large wedding, but the venue owners went above and beyond to ensure we had everything we needed both before and during our wedding! I so appreciate the time and effort they spent to make sure we had the perfect weekend at Deer Ridge. I couldn't recommend this place enough!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Deer Ridge Estate's reply:

Thank you Ashlyn for the kind review. We could not be happier for you both and we are honored to have been apart of such a special day. Mark and Laura

Rebecca P. · Married on 05/11/2019

Exceptional Wedding Venue

Deer Ridge Estate was a PERFECT venue for our wedding in May! The owners are WONDERFUL to work with. They responded to all of our questions right away and they went above and beyond to make sure everything ran smoothly! Long story short, we had to switch our wedding venue literally 26 days before the wedding. Deer Ridge Estate literally saved our wedding!! They accommodated all our last minute requests and were able to provide a sense of calm during the last minute change! We only wished we'd have known about this venue from the beginning! We would highly recommend this place to anyone in the Kansas City, Lawrence, or Topeka area. The venue itself has plenty of room and easily accommodated our wedding of ~275 people. The outdoor space is absolutely STUNNING and was perfect for taking pictures without having to go off-site! We selected the option to reserve the space for the whole weekend which made set-up and tear-down a breeze for everyone! There are 4 bedrooms with 2 additional "get ready" spaces that can be used as a sleeping space if needed, so there was even plenty of room for the bridal party to stay! They also have additional housing on the property to accommodate other guests overnight if needed. Overall this is a perfect venue for either an outdoor or indoor wedding ceremony. We HIGHLY recommend you get married or host your event here, they will not disappoint!!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Claire · Married on 09/15/2018

I looked at so many venues and there was always something that just seemed off by them. Then we toured Deer Ridge and we walked out of our meeting with Laura and Mark thinking it had to be too good to be true. The owners are the nicest, most thoughtful, and genuine people ever which we did not see when meeting owners of other venues AT ALL. They genuinely want to make your day the most special day ever, they are not in it for the money. We had our rehearsal dinner there the day before as well and our caterer forgot salsa so Laura went to her own house and brought down salsa they had in their cabinet to use. The day of our ceremony and reception, they both were available the whole day if we needed anything. Laura sort of became my day of coordinator, I bet there were issues I didn't even know about because she just handled them for me. She was even steaming my head table tablecloths because she noticed they had gotten wrinkly. Now to the venue... it is to DIE for!! It's so unique, they have absolutely put their hearts in it! It's beautiful and so spacious, our 300 guests weren't cramped at all. Not only that but being able to sleep at the venue in their gorgeous rooms that are attached was a lifesaver!! The biggest compliments we got from our guests were how amazing the venue was and how amazing the owners were. We would 10000% recommend this venue to anyone for any occasion!!

Sent on 10/04/2018
  • Sc

Mary · Married on 06/16/2018

We absolutely loved having our wedding weekend at Deer Ridge. Planning a wedding can be stressful but the owners, Mark and Laura, worked with us for 6 months, listening to my vision and helping it come to life. Laura even helped decorate the venue for the ceremony and reception and coordinated details with my planner. I truly feel like she contributed beyond what most venue owners probably consider. Any and every hiccup experienced the day before and the day of the wedding, it seemed as if Laura was ready to step in and help. As for the physical space, it really is stunning and I cannot wait to see our professional pictures. They have built a beautiful outdoor open-air chapel that several guests took advantage of for their own pictures during the reception. There is electricity for a dj to hook up to that sounds amazing and, in a day that flies by, I will never forget stepping out of the doors to walk down the aisle. My groom loved the venue for the lodging aspect and used the days leading up to the wedding to be with his groomsmen at the venue. Since we we only get married once, we won’t use this space for the same reason again (maybe a reunion weekend someday!) If you are looking for a beautiful, well-kept, spacious, extremely private venue that is medium priced with friendly owners I strongly recommend visiting Deer Ridge. Our family and friends continue to comment on how beautiful our wedding was. Our family and wedding party that planned with us and also worked with Mark and Laura have spoken so highly of their kindness and professionalism.

Sent on 06/28/2018
  • Rosemary

Rosemary · Married on 10/12/2019

The venue of our dreams

Deer Ridge Estate was an absolute DREAM to work with! Mark and Laura are the sweetest people and were so accommodating to our entire wedding party. The venue is absolutely stunning with amazing scenery for pictures! Laura was so helpful the day of by making sure that our wedding party was where they needed to be at the right time and she even ran through the venue to make sure my maid of honor had the roses with her for the rose ceremony 10 seconds before she walked down the aisle! There is not a doubt in my mind when recommending this venue. Mark and Laura are doing it right!

Sent on 12/07/2019

Shelbie V. · Getting married on 01/09/2022

Loved this venue!

We loved Deer Ridge Estate - beautiful property and so accommodating!

Sent on 10/01/2020

Deer Ridge Estate's reply:

Thank you Shelbie, we appreciate the kind words! Your wedding and reception were so beautiful and all of your guests had such a great time. We appreciate all of your organization and communication - all of the hard work was totally worth it!!